From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] The Sins of the Uncle....
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 22:54:46 -0500
 by: Rhino - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 03:54 UTC

I think it is safe to say that most people with even a minimal
knowledge of history would take a pretty grim view of Hermann Goering,
the head of Hitler's Luftwaffe. I would be among those regarding him as
a villain.

But he had a nephew, born in Sweden in 1909, who led an almost
diametrically opposite life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YrjYd1vfgg [8 minutes]

Yet another reminder that the relatives of scumbags may not be scumbags
themselves! Everyone deserves to be evaluated on their own merits (and
demerits) regardless of the views society holds on their famous - or
infamous - relatives.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] The Sins of the Uncle....

<er4duit13eld13ud95pv228ufgfpi8n1iu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217976&group=rec.arts.tv#217976

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] The Sins of the Uncle....
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 19:37:37 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 03:37 UTC

On Sun, 3 Mar 2024 22:54:46 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>I think it is safe to say that most people with even a minimal
>knowledge of history would take a pretty grim view of Hermann Goering,
>the head of Hitler's Luftwaffe. I would be among those regarding him as
>a villain.
>
>But he had a nephew, born in Sweden in 1909, who led an almost
>diametrically opposite life:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YrjYd1vfgg [8 minutes]
>
>Yet another reminder that the relatives of scumbags may not be scumbags
>themselves! Everyone deserves to be evaluated on their own merits (and
>demerits) regardless of the views society holds on their famous - or
>infamous - relatives.

Hitler had a nephew in England - much the same story.

Re: [OT] The Sins of the Uncle....

<1171236609.731321317.882918.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217991&group=rec.arts.tv#217991

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 02:07:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 09:07 UTC

> I think it is safe to say that most people with even a minimal
> knowledge of history would take a pretty grim view of Hermann Goering,
> the head of Hitler's Luftwaffe. I would be among those regarding him as
> a villain.
>
> But he had a nephew, born in Sweden in 1909, who led an almost
> diametrically opposite life:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YrjYd1vfgg [8 minutes]
>
> Yet another reminder that the relatives of scumbags may not be scumbags
> themselves!

Unless they are Kardashians.