arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

SubjectAuthor
* "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"Ilya Shambat
`* Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"Edward Rochester Esq.
 `* Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"W.Dockery
  `* Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"Michael Pendragon
   `* Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"Will Dockery
    `* Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"Coco DeSockmonkey
     `* Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"W.Dockery
      `* Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"Michael Pendragon
       +- Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"Family Guy
       `- Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"Will Dockery

1
"The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<8dd65a3d-a474-4b6c-9408-496f3457858fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218121&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218121

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 17:06:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 00:06 UTC

The science of creation I have studied
By my own likeness and my own soul -
And sipping universe, in it delighted
That is but only under His control.

With arms - like wings - stretched out, on day the seventh,
I soared above the progeny of mine;
In moment of lucidity or madness,
I crafted me inside of space and time.

With like and understanding they perceived me
And did not think me foreign or a freak.
With interest and love they did receive me,
That was my world - the home I long did seek.

Paintings I made for walls of this my home
From colors blended and made to delight.
I splashed the motifs also through the corners:
The music and the poems, intertwined.

And having filled with books the space around me,
Like God, harbor of Being having made,
On seventh day, at darkness of the twilight,
I keep just ONE - the heartache and the pain.

No one with me will glory in the color,
And none, lips smacking, sound with me will bite,
Or will divide the thoughts' birth pangs and horror,
Or, readying wings, soar with me into height.

The science of creation I have studied,
Each day became more clever and more sweet -
"The science of departing I have studied"
With universe, that HE did once create.

By Lubov Sokolovsky
Translated from Russian by Ilya Shambat

Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<6cc9937f-f560-481a-9d0c-770f56196d9fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218122&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218122

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 17:35:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"
From: senettoj...@gmail.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 00:35 UTC

On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 8:06:15 PM UTC-4, Ilya Shambat wrote:
> The science of creation I have studied
> By my own likeness and my own soul -
> And sipping universe, in it delighted
> That is but only under His control.
>
> With arms - like wings - stretched out, on day the seventh,
> I soared above the progeny of mine;
> In moment of lucidity or madness,
> I crafted me inside of space and time.
>
> With like and understanding they perceived me
> And did not think me foreign or a freak.
> With interest and love they did receive me,
> That was my world - the home I long did seek.
>
> Paintings I made for walls of this my home
> From colors blended and made to delight.
> I splashed the motifs also through the corners:
> The music and the poems, intertwined.
>
> And having filled with books the space around me,
> Like God, harbor of Being having made,
> On seventh day, at darkness of the twilight,
> I keep just ONE - the heartache and the pain.
>
> No one with me will glory in the color,
> And none, lips smacking, sound with me will bite,
> Or will divide the thoughts' birth pangs and horror,
> Or, readying wings, soar with me into height.
>
> The science of creation I have studied,
> Each day became more clever and more sweet -
> "The science of departing I have studied"
> With universe, that HE did once create.
>
> By Lubov Sokolovsky
> Translated from Russian by Ilya Shambat

The science of reading these I have studied and failed.

Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<2cc00d7670338352b8a536ce406bd52b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218124&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218124

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 01:20:50 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 01:20 UTC

Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 8:06:15 PM UTC-4, Ilya Shambat wrote:
>
>> The science of creation I have studied
>> By my own likeness and my own soul -
>> And sipping universe, in it delighted
>> That is but only under His control.
>>
>> With arms - like wings - stretched out, on day the seventh,
>> I soared above the progeny of mine;
>> In moment of lucidity or madness,
>> I crafted me inside of space and time.
>>
>> With like and understanding they perceived me
>> And did not think me foreign or a freak.
>> With interest and love they did receive me,
>> That was my world - the home I long did seek.
>>
>> Paintings I made for walls of this my home
>> From colors blended and made to delight.
>> I splashed the motifs also through the corners:
>> The music and the poems, intertwined.
>>
>> And having filled with books the space around me,
>> Like God, harbor of Being having made,
>> On seventh day, at darkness of the twilight,
>> I keep just ONE - the heartache and the pain.
>>
>> No one with me will glory in the color,
>> And none, lips smacking, sound with me will bite,
>> Or will divide the thoughts' birth pangs and horror,
>> Or, readying wings, soar with me into height.
>>
>> The science of creation I have studied,
>> Each day became more clever and more sweet -
>> "The science of departing I have studied"
>> With universe, that HE did once create.
>>
>> By Lubov Sokolovsky
>> Translated from Russian by Ilya Shambat

> The science of reading these I have studied and failed.

Went over your head, did it?

🙂

Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<7240c80a-9dd7-42ad-a7b8-18eea0b066c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218192&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218192

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 05:29:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 12:29 UTC

On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 9:25:18 PM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 8:06:15 PM UTC-4, Ilya Shambat wrote:
> >
> >> The science of creation I have studied
> >> By my own likeness and my own soul -
> >> And sipping universe, in it delighted
> >> That is but only under His control.
> >>
> >> With arms - like wings - stretched out, on day the seventh,
> >> I soared above the progeny of mine;
> >> In moment of lucidity or madness,
> >> I crafted me inside of space and time.
> >>
> >> With like and understanding they perceived me
> >> And did not think me foreign or a freak.
> >> With interest and love they did receive me,
> >> That was my world - the home I long did seek.
> >>
> >> Paintings I made for walls of this my home
> >> From colors blended and made to delight.
> >> I splashed the motifs also through the corners:
> >> The music and the poems, intertwined.
> >>
> >> And having filled with books the space around me,
> >> Like God, harbor of Being having made,
> >> On seventh day, at darkness of the twilight,
> >> I keep just ONE - the heartache and the pain.
> >>
> >> No one with me will glory in the color,
> >> And none, lips smacking, sound with me will bite,
> >> Or will divide the thoughts' birth pangs and horror,
> >> Or, readying wings, soar with me into height.
> >>
> >> The science of creation I have studied,
> >> Each day became more clever and more sweet -
> >> "The science of departing I have studied"
> >> With universe, that HE did once create.
> >>
> >> By Lubov Sokolovsky
> >> Translated from Russian by Ilya Shambat
>

> > The science of reading these I have studied and failed.
> Went over your head, did it?

No, but the concept of proper sentence structure has apparently gone over Ilya's and yours.

CORRECT: I have studied the science of creation.
INCORRECT: The science of creation I have studied.

Composition matters. Learn it.

Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<1f40f910-0696-4709-bbcc-b0a08eb07a3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218194&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218194

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 05:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 12:32 UTC

On Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 8:29:10 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 9:25:18 PM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> > Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:

> > > The science of reading these I have studied and failed.
> > Went over your head, did it?
> No

I asked Senetto, not you.

🙂

Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<54d9044e-4fd2-4eb7-a383-3aa55acded52n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218249&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218249

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:43:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: cocodeso...@gmail.com (Coco DeSockmonkey)
 by: Coco DeSockmonkey - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 14:43 UTC

On Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 8:32:45 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 8:29:10 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > Went over your head, did it?
> > No
> I asked Senetto, not you.

Jim was making a comment on Ilya's ridiculously inverted lines.

Since his comment sailed over your head, I thought I'd save you additional embarrassment by offering an explanation.

Unfortunately, my explanation sailed clean over your head as well.

Go figure.

Michael Pendragon
“The sediment that poetry should be entertainment, yeah.”
-- Will Donkey waxing sedimental over poetry.

Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<91d492f545d50122e16624bd40c2f1ec@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218292&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218292

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:10:28 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:10 UTC

Coco DeSockmonkey wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 8:32:45 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > No
>> I asked Senetto, not you.

> Jim was making a comment

Obviously.

Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<4e52d353-8598-4a56-8a1b-aed4cbd18608n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218300&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218300

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 11:33:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:33 UTC

On Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 2:15:11 PM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> Coco DeSockmonkey wrote:

> >> I asked Senetto, not you.
>
> > Jim was making a comment
> Obviously.

Snipping a statement doesn't make it go away, Donkey.

Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<c490ee8e-96fe-415f-9353-92a59228d7c8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218303&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218303

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 12:12:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: madeforz...@yahoo.com (Family Guy)
 by: Family Guy - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 19:12 UTC

On Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 2:33:07 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > Jim was making a comment
> > Obviously.
> Snipping a statement doesn't make it go away, Donkey.

Oh, but to him it does.
He "1984's" everything to his liking and standards.
It's one of the clearest signs of his narcissism.

Re: "The Science Of Departing I Have Studied"

<51f70884-ccb6-466a-bd2d-30884379a366n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218327&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#218327

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 15:10:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 22:10 UTC

On Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 2:33:07 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 2:15:11 PM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> > Coco DeSockmonkey wrote:

> > > Jim was making a comment
> > Obviously.
> Snipping a statement doesn't make it go away,

It makes it go away from my post, though.

HTH and HAND.