The two most common things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity. -- Harlan Ellison

arts / rec.arts.tv / Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

SubjectAuthor
* Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden DuriUbiquitous
+- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden NoBody
`* Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden BTR1701
 +* Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden moviePig
 |+* Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden Ubiquitous
 ||`* Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden BTR1701
 || +- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden moviePig
 || +* Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden FPP
 || |`- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden trotsky
 || `- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden trotsky
 |`* Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden BTR1701
 | +- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden moviePig
 | +- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden FPP
 | `- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden trotsky
 +- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden Ubiquitous
 +* Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden Adam H. Kerman
> [...]
 |   ||          `* Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden BTR1701
 |   ||           +- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden FPP
 |   ||           `- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden trotsky
 |   |+* Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden trotsky
 |   ||`- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden FPP
 |   |`- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden Ubiquitous
 |   `- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden Ubiquitous
 +- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden trotsky
 `- Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden The Horny Goat

Pages:123
Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<usevj7$1m3o8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218216&group=rec.arts.tv#218216

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 09:30 UTC

A man was removed from President Joe Biden�s State of the Union speech on
Thursday night after yelling at Biden during the event.

Steven K. Nikoui, 51, was arrested by police for shouting at Biden after he
was allegedly warned to stop. Nikoui is the father of Marine Corps Lance Cpl.
Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California, who was killed during an ISIS-K
terrorist attack at the Kabul airport during Biden�s disastrous withdraw from
Afghanistan.

�The year before I took office, murder rates went up 30% � � Biden said
before getting cut off. �30% they went up.�

Nikoui began shouting �United States Marines� and �Abbey Gate� at Biden,
causing the president to freeze up for a moment.

�The biggest increase in history,� Biden continued.

The guy who heckled Biden from the upper seating area shouted
"United States Marines;" perhaps in reference to the 13 Marines
the President killed with his disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal.
pic.twitter.com/n3OPgvVdtZ

� Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) March 8, 2024

Nikoui was arrested for D.C. Code � 22-1307 � Crowding, Obstructing, or
Incommoding.

Those who died included Marine Corps Sgt. Nicole L. Gee, 23, of Sacramento,
California; Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Darin T. Hoover, 31, of Salt Lake City,
Utah; Marine Corps Sgt. Johanny Rosario Pichardo, 25, of Lawrence,
Massachusetts; Marine Corps Cpl. Hunter Lopez, 22, of Indio, California;
Marine Corps Cpl. Daegan W. Page, 23, of Omaha, Nebraska; Marine Corps Cpl.
Humberto A. Sanchez, 22, of Logansport, Indiana; Marine Corps Lance Cpl.
David L. Espinoza, 20, of Rio Bravo, Texas; Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jared M.
Schmitz, 20, of St. Charles, Missouri; Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee J.
McCollum, 20, of Jackson, Wyoming; Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Dylan R. Merola,
20, of Rancho Cucamonga, California; Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Kareem M.
Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California; Navy Hospitalman Maxton W. Soviak, 22, of
Berlin Heights, Ohio; and Army Staff Sgt. Ryan C. Knauss, 23, of Corryton,
Tennessee.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<me3muip5rk169nssdd929gii2lbkubrn02@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218240&group=rec.arts.tv#218240

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 11:30:30 -0500
 by: NoBody - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 16:30 UTC

On Fri, 08 Mar 2024 04:30:46 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>A man was removed from President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech on
>Thursday night after yelling at Biden during the event.
>
>Steven K. Nikoui, 51, was arrested by police for shouting at Biden after he
>was allegedly warned to stop. Nikoui is the father of Marine Corps Lance Cpl.
>Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California, who was killed during an ISIS-K
>terrorist attack at the Kabul airport during Biden's disastrous withdraw from
>Afghanistan.
>
>"The year before I took office, murder rates went up 30% -- " Biden said
>before getting cut off. "30% they went up."
>
>Nikoui began shouting "United States Marines" and "Abbey Gate" at Biden,
>causing the president to freeze up for a moment.
>
>"The biggest increase in history," Biden continued.
>
> The guy who heckled Biden from the upper seating area shouted
> "United States Marines;" perhaps in reference to the 13 Marines
> the President killed with his disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal.
> pic.twitter.com/n3OPgvVdtZ
>
> -- Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) March 8, 2024
>
>Nikoui was arrested for D.C. Code § 22-1307 - Crowding, Obstructing, or
>Incommoding.

That man paid a higher price than the people responsible for the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal.

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<atropos-498F64.11454508032024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218249&group=rec.arts.tv#218249

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 11:45:45 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 19:45 UTC

In article <usevj7$1m3o8$2@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> A man was removed from President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech on
> Thursday night after yelling at Biden during the event.
>
> Steven K. Nikoui, 51, was arrested by police for shouting at Biden after he
> was allegedly warned to stop. Nikoui is the father of Marine Corps Lance Cpl.
> Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California, who was killed during an ISIS-K
> terrorist attack at the Kabul airport during Biden�s disastrous withdraw from
> Afghanistan.
>
> "The year before I took office, murder rates went up 30%--" Biden said
> before getting cut off. "30% they went up."
>
> Nikoui began shouting "United States Marines" and "Abbey Gate" at Biden,
> causing the president to freeze up for a moment.

Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to
move.

Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
got now.

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<17bae3fc39cbdfdc$66$2820980$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218255&group=rec.arts.tv#218255

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:28:00 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: nev...@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:28 UTC

On 3/8/2024 2:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <usevj7$1m3o8$2@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> A man was removed from President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech on
>> Thursday night after yelling at Biden during the event.
>>
>> Steven K. Nikoui, 51, was arrested by police for shouting at Biden after he
>> was allegedly warned to stop. Nikoui is the father of Marine Corps Lance Cpl.
>> Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California, who was killed during an ISIS-K
>> terrorist attack at the Kabul airport during Biden’s disastrous withdraw from
>> Afghanistan.
>>
>> "The year before I took office, murder rates went up 30%--" Biden said
>> before getting cut off. "30% they went up."
>>
>> Nikoui began shouting "United States Marines" and "Abbey Gate" at Biden,
>> causing the president to freeze up for a moment.
>
> Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
> started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
> Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
> there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
> distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to
> move.
>
> Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
> Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
> the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
> questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
> calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
> got now.

Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<usfsoi$1t4p0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218256&group=rec.arts.tv#218256

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:34:26 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:34 UTC

never@nothere.com wrote:
> On 3/8/2024 2:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> A man was removed from President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech on
>>> Thursday night after yelling at Biden during the event.
>>>
>>> Steven K. Nikoui, 51, was arrested by police for shouting at Biden after
>>> he was allegedly warned to stop. Nikoui is the father of Marine Corps
>>> Lance Cpl. Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California, who was killed
>>> during an ISIS-K terrorist attack at the Kabul airport during Biden’s
>>> disastrous withdraw from Afghanistan.
>>>
>>> "The year before I took office, murder rates went up 30%--" Biden said
>>> before getting cut off. "30% they went up."
>>>
>>> Nikoui began shouting "United States Marines" and "Abbey Gate" at Biden,
>>> causing the president to freeze up for a moment.
>>
>> Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
>> started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
>> Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
>> there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
>> distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to
>> move.
>>
>> Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>> Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>> the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>> questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>> calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>> got now.
>
>Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
>finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...

"But-but-but George W Bush did it too...!!!"

Rationalization for Biden's failures noted.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<usft4r$1t6ab$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218259&group=rec.arts.tv#218259

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:40:58 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:40 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> A man was removed from President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech on
>> Thursday night after yelling at Biden during the event.
>>
>> Steven K. Nikoui, 51, was arrested by police for shouting at Biden after
>> he was allegedly warned to stop. Nikoui is the father of Marine Corps
>> Lance Cpl. Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California, who was killed
>> during an ISIS-K terrorist attack at the Kabul airport during Biden�s
>> disastrous withdraw from Afghanistan.
>>
>> "The year before I took office, murder rates went up 30%--" Biden said
>> before getting cut off. "30% they went up."
>>
>> Nikoui began shouting "United States Marines" and "Abbey Gate" at Biden,
>> causing the president to freeze up for a moment.
>
>Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
>started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
>Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
>there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
>distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to move.
>
>Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>got now.

Personally, I'd rather they go back to the way it was before it became a TV
show, as described in the Constitution.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<usfun2$1th20$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218261&group=rec.arts.tv#218261

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:07:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:07 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>. . .

>Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>got now.

C-SPAN has Prime Minister's Question Time. I've watched it. The insults
can be quite nasty indeed.

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<atropos-25515B.13522208032024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218266&group=rec.arts.tv#218266

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 13:52:22 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:52 UTC

In article <usfun2$1th20$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >. . .
>
> >Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
> >Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
> >the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
> >questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
> >calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
> >got now.
>
> C-SPAN has Prime Minister's Question Time. I've watched it. The insults
> can be quite nasty indeed.

The bullshit the talking heads on the news spew whenever this happens--
variations on "it's a violation of the solemnity and reverence we should
have for high occasions such as this" just reeks of people wishing we
still had a monarchy.

Solemnity and reverence? These are fucking politicians, sleazy grifters
the lot of them. Why should I ever treat them with solemnity and
reverence? Democrat or Republican, they're everything that's wrong with
the nation.

My starting mode with politicians is contempt and they have to earn
their way out of it. Few rarely do.

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<atropos-4EF35B.13534908032024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218267&group=rec.arts.tv#218267

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 13:53:49 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:53 UTC

In article <17bae3fc39cbdfdc$66$2820980$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com>,
moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

> On 3/8/2024 2:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <usevj7$1m3o8$2@dont-email.me>,
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> >> A man was removed from President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech on
> >> Thursday night after yelling at Biden during the event.

> >> Nikoui began shouting "United States Marines" and "Abbey Gate" at Biden,
> >> causing the president to freeze up for a moment.
> >
> > Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
> > started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
> > Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
> > there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
> > distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to
> > move.
> >
> > Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
> > Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
> > the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
> > questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
> > calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
> > got now.
>
> Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
> finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...

Based on the slurred and garbled performance I saw last night, even
'Goat' might be too much for him.

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<atropos-350CCB.13542108032024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218268&group=rec.arts.tv#218268

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 13:54:21 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:54 UTC

In article <usfsoi$1t4p0$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> never@nothere.com wrote:

> >> Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
> >> started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
> >> Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
> >> there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
> >> distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to
> >> move.
> >>
> >> Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
> >> Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
> >> the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
> >> questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
> >> calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
> >> got now.
> >
> >Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
> >finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...
>
> "But-but-but George W Bush did it too...!!!"
>
> Rationalization for Biden's failures noted.

It was probably his stutter. You know, the one that makes him see dead
people.

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<usg1bn$1u0qj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218270&group=rec.arts.tv#218270

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:52:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:52 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>. . .

>>>Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>>>Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>>>the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>>>questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>>>calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>>>got now.

>>C-SPAN has Prime Minister's Question Time. I've watched it. The insults
>>can be quite nasty indeed.

>The bullshit the talking heads on the news spew whenever this happens--
>variations on "it's a violation of the solemnity and reverence we should
>have for high occasions such as this" just reeks of people wishing we
>still had a monarchy.

>Solemnity and reverence? These are fucking politicians, sleazy grifters
>the lot of them. Why should I ever treat them with solemnity and
>reverence? Democrat or Republican, they're everything that's wrong with
>the nation.

>My starting mode with politicians is contempt and they have to earn
>their way out of it. Few rarely do.

I share your cynicism, alas.

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<17bae9fced9872f2$122847$1098985$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218273&group=rec.arts.tv#218273

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 17:17:59 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: nev...@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 22:17 UTC

On 3/8/2024 4:53 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <17bae3fc39cbdfdc$66$2820980$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com>,
> moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/8/2024 2:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
>>> started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
>>> Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
>>> there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
>>> distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to
>>> move.
>>>
>>> Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>>> Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>>> the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>>> questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>>> calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>>> got now.
>>
>> Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
>> finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...
>
> Based on the slurred and garbled performance I saw last night, even
> 'Goat' might be too much for him.

So, he was panicked *and* comatose. Wow, not even adepts manage that...

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<17baea158881d39a$122848$1098985$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218274&group=rec.arts.tv#218274

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 17:19:44 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: nev...@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 22:19 UTC

On 3/8/2024 4:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <usfsoi$1t4p0$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> never@nothere.com wrote:

>>> Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
>>> finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...
>>
>> "But-but-but George W Bush did it too...!!!"
>>
>> Rationalization for Biden's failures noted.
>
> It was probably his stutter. You know, the one that makes him see dead
> people.

Sure, you and Umbilicus tell yourselves Biden dove under the podium...

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<20240308191703.000074dc@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218281&group=rec.arts.tv#218281

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey
Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 19:17:03 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 00:17 UTC

On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:52:56 -0000 (UTC)
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> >>C-SPAN has Prime Minister's Question Time. I've watched it. The
> >>insults can be quite nasty indeed.
>
> >The bullshit the talking heads on the news spew whenever this
> >happens-- variations on "it's a violation of the solemnity and
> >reverence we should have for high occasions such as this" just reeks
> >of people wishing we still had a monarchy.
>
> >Solemnity and reverence? These are fucking politicians, sleazy
> >grifters the lot of them. Why should I ever treat them with
> >solemnity and reverence? Democrat or Republican, they're everything
> >that's wrong with the nation.
>
> >My starting mode with politicians is contempt and they have to earn
> >their way out of it. Few rarely do.
>
> I share your cynicism, alas.

How could you not at our stage of life? We've seen so much nonsense
that it's incredibly hard to believe that these politicians actually
mean well or even speak the truth about most things.

--
Rhino

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<usgd7k$2049e$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218305&group=rec.arts.tv#218305

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:15:32 -0500
 by: FPP - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 01:15 UTC

On 3/8/24 4:53 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <17bae3fc39cbdfdc$66$2820980$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com>,
> moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/8/2024 2:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
>>> started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
>>> Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
>>> there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
>>> distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to
>>> move.
>>>
>>> Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>>> Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>>> the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>>> questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>>> calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>>> got now.
>>
>> Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
>> finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...
>
> Based on the slurred and garbled performance I saw last night, even
> 'Goat' might be too much for him.

Then you should have watched Biden's speech instead.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<usgd98$2049e$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218306&group=rec.arts.tv#218306

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:16:24 -0500
 by: FPP - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 01:16 UTC

On 3/8/24 4:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <usfsoi$1t4p0$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> never@nothere.com wrote:

>>> Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
>>> finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...
>>
>> "But-but-but George W Bush did it too...!!!"
>>
>> Rationalization for Biden's failures noted.
>
> It was probably his stutter. You know, the one that makes him see dead
> people.

Well, at least it doesn't make him confuse Obama with Biden and Pelosi
with Haley.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<usgdbv$2049e$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218307&group=rec.arts.tv#218307

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:17:51 -0500
 by: FPP - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 01:17 UTC

On 3/8/24 4:52 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <usfun2$1th20$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> . . .
>>
>>> Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>>> Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>>> the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>>> questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>>> calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>>> got now.
>>
>> C-SPAN has Prime Minister's Question Time. I've watched it. The insults
>> can be quite nasty indeed.
>
> The bullshit the talking heads on the news spew whenever this happens--
> variations on "it's a violation of the solemnity and reverence we should
> have for high occasions such as this" just reeks of people wishing we
> still had a monarchy.
>
> Solemnity and reverence? These are fucking politicians, sleazy grifters
> the lot of them. Why should I ever treat them with solemnity and
> reverence? Democrat or Republican, they're everything that's wrong with
> the nation.
>
> My starting mode with politicians is contempt and they have to earn
> their way out of it. Few rarely do.

Sure, Karen. Let the shit flinging monkeys run the government.
It sure beats what we did for the last 230 years, amirite?

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<17bb170f04600052$1987$3078224$c0d58a68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218360&group=rec.arts.tv#218360

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 06:03:56 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 12:03 UTC

On 3/8/24 7:16 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 3/8/24 4:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <usfsoi$1t4p0$1@dont-email.me>,
>>   Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> "But-but-but George W Bush did it too...!!!"
>>>
>>> Rationalization for Biden's failures noted.
>>
>> It was probably his stutter. You know, the one that makes him see dead
>> people.
>>

> Well, at least it doesn't make him confuse Obama with Biden and Pelosi
> with Haley.

Don't forget Mercedes and Melania. The fat orange guy is in obvious
cognitive decline, but it's SO WEIRD about how right wing people who are
so forthcoming with the "facts" are too scared shitless to talk about this.

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<17bb340b8996120d$52$2601257$cad58068@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218379&group=rec.arts.tv#218379

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 14:55:07 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 20:55 UTC

On 3/8/24 1:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <usevj7$1m3o8$2@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> A man was removed from President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech on
>> Thursday night after yelling at Biden during the event.
>>
>> Steven K. Nikoui, 51, was arrested by police for shouting at Biden after he
>> was allegedly warned to stop. Nikoui is the father of Marine Corps Lance Cpl.
>> Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California, who was killed during an ISIS-K
>> terrorist attack at the Kabul airport during Biden’s disastrous withdraw from
>> Afghanistan.
>>
>> "The year before I took office, murder rates went up 30%--" Biden said
>> before getting cut off. "30% they went up."
>>
>> Nikoui began shouting "United States Marines" and "Abbey Gate" at Biden,
>> causing the president to freeze up for a moment.
>
> Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
> started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
> Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
> there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
> distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to
> move.
>
> Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
> Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
> the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
> questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
> calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
> got now.

Why don't we just give back the whole country to the Brits after 240
years or so? Isn't this the kind of thing Republican surrender monkeys
would like?

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<17bb341798691ee7$53$2601257$cad58068@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218380&group=rec.arts.tv#218380

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 14:55:59 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)

On 3/8/24 3:53 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <17bae3fc39cbdfdc$66$2820980$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com>,
> moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/8/2024 2:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Not only did Grandpa Badfinger's motor seize up, behind him, Kamala
>>> started staring death rays at the guy, which leads me to believe that
>>> Kamala is the one operating Animatronic Joe. She's got the control pad
>>> there in her lap and when the guy started shouting and she was
>>> distracted, Animatronic Joe was suddenly left without the ability to
>>> move.
>>>
>>> Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>>> Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>>> the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>>> questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>>> calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>>> got now.
>>
>> Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
>> finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...
>
> Based on the slurred and garbled performance I saw last night, even
> 'Goat' might be too much for him.

And you still don't have the balls to talk about Trump. You're a
gutless wonder.

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<17bb354ca5fd4e07$1$1543563$4d54e64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218385&group=rec.arts.tv#218385

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 15:18:06 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 21:18 UTC

On 3/8/24 3:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <usfsoi$1t4p0$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> never@nothere.com wrote:

>>> Seized up? He paused and stared up at the guy. It's not like he
>>> finished reading 'My Pet Goat'...
>>
>> "But-but-but George W Bush did it too...!!!"
>>
>> Rationalization for Biden's failures noted.
>
> It was probably his stutter. You know, the one that makes him see dead
> people.

How does it compare to your buddy McConnell turning into a vegetable
every once in a while?

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<5mjvuit7lkilmhnss0cbstdi3ca540gia6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218635&group=rec.arts.tv#218635

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 20:44:54 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 03:44 UTC

On Fri, 08 Mar 2024 11:45:45 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>got now.

It isn't always booing in the British Parliament.

There's the famous story about the time in 1941 when a page brought a
note to Churchill in mid-speech. He knew they knew he was speaking so
wouldn't give it to him unless it was extremely important so sat down,
read the note stood up and said "Mr Speaker it is my pleasure to share
with this House the news that the Bismarck has been sunk" - to get a
standing ovation.

[Of course on a similar occasion in the Canadian parliament the prime
minister received a similar note, sat down, read his note, zipped up
his fly and resumed his speech. It is recorded that he later thanked
the member of parliament who slipped him the note for not rising on a
Point of Order!]

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<oujvuidp47b9n1gbn91qhudhoqh5fjbfle@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218636&group=rec.arts.tv#218636

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 20:47:10 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 03:47 UTC

On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:07:46 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>. . .
>
>>Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>>Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>>the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>>questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>>calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>>got now.
>
>C-SPAN has Prime Minister's Question Time. I've watched it. The insults
>can be quite nasty indeed.

There ARE rules in the British House of Commons concerning
"parliamentary language". They have similar rules in the Canadian
Commons and both country's parliaments are expert in skirting the
rules...

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<98kvui9sh7fum5qhh07vnvkg4p4nug3vos@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218638&group=rec.arts.tv#218638

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 20:53:03 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 03:53 UTC

<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>. . .
>
>>Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>>Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>>the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>>questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>>calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>>got now.
>
>C-SPAN has Prime Minister's Question Time. I've watched it. The insults
>can be quite nasty indeed.

Question for Adam: do you think Biden could survive being required to
stand up in the Senate or House 3 or 4 times a week for an hour each
time to answer the sort of questions the British or Canadian PM have
to withstand?

(It should go without saying that British and Canadian newspapers
OFTEN lead with the PM's answers to specific questions from the
previous day - and that these periods are the times the Speaker's
biggest challenge in maintaining order particularly when the number of
members from each party is close)

Re: Man Arrested For Shouting "United States Marines" And "Abbey Gate" At Biden During Televised Speech

<usonhq$44qo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218647&group=rec.arts.tv#218647

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 05:00:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 05:00 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:07:46 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>. . .

>>>Personally, I think there should be more shouting at the State of the
>>>Union and at politicians in general. It should turn into something like
>>>the Brits do where the PM has to stand in front of Parliament and have
>>>questions blasted at him and the other side is booing and stamping and
>>>calling him names. That would be much more entertaining than what we've
>>>got now.

>>C-SPAN has Prime Minister's Question Time. I've watched it. The insults
>>can be quite nasty indeed.

>Question for Adam: do you think Biden could survive being required to
>stand up in the Senate or House 3 or 4 times a week for an hour each
>time to answer the sort of questions the British or Canadian PM have
>to withstand?

No. But he's not a prime minister and thanks to separation of powers, a
president is never required to do that.

But because he's not prime minister, both the House of Representatives
and Senate may be in the hands of the other party.

>(It should go without saying that British and Canadian newspapers
>OFTEN lead with the PM's answers to specific questions from the
>previous day - and that these periods are the times the Speaker's
>biggest challenge in maintaining order particularly when the number of
>members from each party is close)

I can understand that.