From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: European Space Agency: Praxeus Spoilers
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 19:54:27 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 08:54 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 21/10/23 12:40 pm:
> S12 E06 On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 6:01:46 AM UTC-8, Mike M
> wrote:
>> <stephen.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Daniel typed:

>>> He doesn't actually understand what "canon" means.
>>>
>>> In fiction, canon is the material accepted as officially part of
>>> the story in the fictional universe of that story. It is often
>>> contrasted with, or used as the basis for, works of fan fiction.
>>> ... Alternatively, the term "headcanon" is used to describe a
>>> fan's own interpretation of a fictional universe.
>>>
>>> Doctor Who has never had an officially defined canon. Generally
>>> though it's agreed to be the stories that have been broadcast on
>>> BBC 1.
>>>
>> Canon is the official body of work - whatever appears on screen. If
>> it seems to contradict the past, the newest version takes
>> precedence (this is known as a retcon - short for “retroactive
>> continuity [change]” and is a long established staple in long
>> running series particularly in comics, sci fi and fantasy).
>>
>> Some people seem to be confused about this, and insist that canon
>> sticks to their preconceived preferences, so rather than
>> recognising the facts - that the canon has evolved - they claim
>> that canon is being destroyed or broken, which is in fact
>> impossible by definition.
>>
>> It’s perfectly OK to dislike the canon. But only the show runners
>> get to decide what the canon is.
>
> Yads wants to change the canon to erase JodieDoc/The Timeless Child!

But does Canada's "toughest" ISP have the power to effect that, Tim??
--
Daniel

Re: European Space Agency: Praxeus Spoilers

<uh0i64$v84$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=21859&group=rec.arts.drwho#21859

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 13:03:00 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 13:03 UTC

In article <uh03k1$1lpgs$2@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 21/10/23 12:40 pm:
>> S12 E06 On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 6:01:46 AM UTC-8, Mike M
>> wrote:

>>> Canon is the official body of work - whatever appears on screen. If
>>> it seems to contradict the past, the newest version takes
>>> precedence (this is known as a retcon - short for “retroactive
>>> continuity [change]” and is a long established staple in long
>>> running series particularly in comics, sci fi and fantasy).
>>>
>>> Some people seem to be confused about this, and insist that canon
>>> sticks to their preconceived preferences, so rather than
>>> recognising the facts - that the canon has evolved - they claim
>>> that canon is being destroyed or broken, which is in fact
>>> impossible by definition.
>>>
>>> It’s perfectly OK to dislike the canon. But only the show runners
>>> get to decide what the canon is.
>>
>> Yads wants to change the canon to erase JodieDoc/The Timeless Child!
>>
>But does Canada's "toughest" ISP have the power to effect that, Tim??

RTD beckons!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: European Space Agency: Praxeus Spoilers

<92b33e8d-a01d-4c6f-88da-ee7bcb214e73n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=21880&group=rec.arts.drwho#21880

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 10:37:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: tsbru...@gmail.com (tsbr...@gmail.com)
 by: tsbr...@gmail.com - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 17:37 UTC

On Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 6:03:03 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <uh03k1$1lpgs$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <dani...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> >tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 21/10/23 12:40 pm:
> >> S12 E06 On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 6:01:46 AM UTC-8, Mike M

> >> Yads wants to change the canon to erase JodieDoc/The Timeless Child!
> >>
> >But does Canada's "toughest" ISP have the power to effect that, Tim??
> RTD beckons!

Is he telling you "Come here"? Is he flexing his fingers?