Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 08:50:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Kos, Krugman, and ~karlapoet~ (and Sarah Palin)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 15:50 UTC

On Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 11:02:04 AM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:
> On Jan 16, 6:23 am, Karla <karl...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:19:58 -0800 (PST), George Dance
> >> <georgedanc...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> > >Did you not read what I wrote, did you not understand it, or are you
> > >lying about it?
> Well, Karla, which is it: Did you not read, did you not understand
> what you wrote, or were you deliberately lying again?
> > >I pointed out that you're doing the same as Moulitsas: just as he
> > >libelled Palin as an accomplice to murder for doing the same thing he
> > >and his chosen party were doing, you (and your fellow ~poets~) have
> > >been libelling me (and possibly others) for doing the same thing you
> > >and your fellow ~poets~ were doing both before and since.

> > >IOW: Palin is 'nutty' because she objects to being called a murderer.
> > >I'm 'nutty' because I object to being called a plagiarist. Right!

> > >"
> > >Mar. 1,2009: "I'll commit to attributing any poetry I post
> > >by anyone else, whether I think someone will recognize it or
> > >not. I thought it was OK, as it's been done before and has
> > >been treated as OK then. But I realize it's not as OK as
> > >thought it was, and I will do my best to not do it again."
> >
> > >https://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/ms
> > >g/7bb003bc76a94033
> >
> > >March 1, 2009: "I posted a famous poem without crediting the author.
> > >I'd seen it done before, and had been convinced that it wasn't
> > >plagiarism. I still don't think it is, but I won't do it again."
> > >https://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/4ded20a8....
> >
> > >That wasn't the apology that was written for me to post (which was a
> > >confession of intent to plagiarize), so I can understand why you
> > >wouldn't want to count it.

> > >Out of proportion? You know most magazines won't touch my work now.
> > >They don't know the details and don't want to; they just want to avoid
> > >lawsuits. I've been blacklisted, for your fun.
> >
> > Most magazines...how many? I have the 2010 Writer's Market. I bet there
> > are a thousand magazines in there. Did *most* magazines communicate that to
> > you in writing? Are you sure it isn't because your poetry isn't up to
> > their standards or maybe didn't fit their magazine? How did *most*
> > magazines blacklist you? And I don't think it's fun - the day you wrote
> > "Hmmm ... What do you think of this?" and posted the Cohen poem, I got
> > pissed and let you know it.
> No, ~karlapoet~, that is not true.
> > As I wrote then, I thought you were playing the
> > gotcha game
> No, that is not true either.
> >and I didn't like the imagist thread being derailed.
> >
> Nor is that true.

You're arguing at the Will Donkey level of automatically denying everything that's said without providing so much as a reason for doing so.

> You see why I've told you that nothing you write can be believed.

No... Karla raised fair points.

You attempted to dismiss them by stamping your foot and chanting "Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!"

Frankly, this exchange demonstrates why one should not believe you.

> > >I came up with one name: I've withdrawn it and advanced another one.

> > >Just how many times in the last month has my alleged theft been
> > >mentioned on aapc? Twice a week looks about right. When was the last
> > >time you mentioned it. Last night, right? When before that? October,
> > >the last time you were posting here, right? Who isn't forgetting the
> > >past here?
> >
> > Anytime lately I read this group again, you're drawing lines in the sand,
> > lumping people together.
> >
> Oh, right: you and your trollfriends have to shit and piss on the
> group because I 'lumped you together'. You were doing the same thing
> here (and on RAP) before I showed up, remember? Just how was I
> 'lumping you together' in those days?

Click here to read the complete article