Be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds. -- Homer

arts / rec.arts.tv / Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)

SubjectAuthor
* Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)Adam H. Kerman
+- Re: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)anim8rfsk
+* Re: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)Ian J. Ball
|+- Re: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)shawn
|`- Re: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)anim8rfsk
`* Tracker "Lexington" S01.E06 (spoilers)Ubiquitous
 `- Ubi the shithead plagarized me (was: Tracker "Lexington" S01.E06 (spoilers))Adam H. Kerman

1
Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)

<uttkp4$1kakg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219917&group=rec.arts.tv#219917

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 05:00:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 05:00 UTC

p o
i l
e r

p a
c e

An episode that sucked less than previous episodes. It had moments of
entertainment, plus horsies.

Colton heads to Lexington to track a stolen horse. He has three days to
find it as it must run in a qualifying race for the Kentucky Derby.

There's a "Lexington" caption over a rural area, a cultivated field, a low
mountain or a large hill, a very large body of water in the background,
and significantly, no grass. That ain't horse country surrounding
Lexington. Maybe skip the rural British Columbia establishment shot?

The horse in question is owned by a team of investors, plus a couple who
take care of the horse. We never see the trainer nor jockey. The couple
is divorcing and the husband sort of implicates the wife in the theft.

Colton trips over Billie (Sofia Pernas, Lexi from Blood & Treasure), who
is also seeking the finder's fee. She's The Woman Who Done Him Wrong,
having screwed him when they partnered on a past job. There's sort of an
attraction between the two but, in the moment, they don't even kiss.
They do end up working together.

Colton attends a posh party thrown by the ex wife Tina and her new boyfriend.
She's the absolutely gorgeous Michelle Morgan. She looked very familiar
but she did one appearance on Supernatural and two on Stargate:
Atlantis. She was the third actress to play Elizabeth Weir. After Torri
Higginson would not return for season 5 in a smaller role, they did one
episode "Ghost in the Machine" which included an unsatisfactory write out
of Weir, played by Morgan. I put Atlantis out of mind and don't recall
all that much about it.

Colton and Billie break into an office to look for stolen origin papers
for the horse which must be presented to enter him into races and to
stud. They don't find them. Colton stole something Billie didn't see and
neither did I.

Sure takes Colton a while, but the following day, he finally
investigates the crime scene and determines that the horse wasn't taken
out by trailer (despite horse tranquilizer left behind) but ridden out.
Only a handful of people can ride the finnicky horse, including the
fired trainer. Going to that guy's place, they find his corpse.

Splitting up, Billie discovers that the vet is corrupt. She lures him
out of surgery by product placement description of his high-end truck,
telling him kids are messing with it. She finds the smoking gun, a
record of the horse being all doped up so he can run through pain and
apparently untreated injuries, and the drugs messing up the horse bad
enough that he's impotent and cannot be put out to stud.

I'm thinking insurance scam but I don't see how the insurance company
would pay off without some inspection.

Colton claims (having read Dick Francis novels, I guess) it's easy to
get around all the blood testing performed on horse. Ok.

At some point they are lured into a trap but get out. Whitey, er, I mean
Penelope, er, I mean Bob Exley figures out that the land is owned by the
same shell company that has recently purchased pasture, so that's where
the horse is. The shell company is one of the owners, the boyfriend.

Billie gets taken by the villain but offers to accept a payoff, but she
and Colton don't end up betraying each other. The fight scene was
unimpressive. The villain claims he had a buyer for the horse but was
defrauding him on his bad shape.

FBI freezes the assets of the shell company which includes the trust
holding the large reward. No finder's fee. But Colton is happy that he
found the truth and justice was done.

The two exes stop hating each other and take care of the now worthless
horse, but he's a 2000 pound pet. They'll end up as friends.

Teddi and Velma have a tiny bit of "screen" time (on Colton's screen)
and make no useful contribution to the plot. No Renee.

Re: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)

<883773236.733128192.909557.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219920&group=rec.arts.tv#219920

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 00:08:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 07:08 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> An episode that sucked less than previous episodes. It had moments of
> entertainment, plus horsies.
>
> Colton heads to Lexington to track a stolen horse. He has three days to
> find it as it must run in a qualifying race for the Kentucky Derby.

If he hadn’t driven across the entire country to get there, he’d probably
had a week.

> There's a "Lexington" caption over a rural area, a cultivated field, a low
> mountain or a large hill, a very large body of water in the background,
> and significantly, no grass. That ain't horse country surrounding
> Lexington. Maybe skip the rural British Columbia establishment shot?
>
> The horse in question is owned by a team of investors, plus a couple who
> take care of the horse. We never see the trainer nor jockey. The couple
> is divorcing and the husband sort of implicates the wife in the theft.
>
> Colton trips over Billie (Sofia Pernas, Lexi from Blood & Treasure), who
> is also seeking the finder's fee. She's The Woman Who Done Him Wrong,
> having screwed him when they partnered on a past job. There's sort of an
> attraction between the two but, in the moment, they don't even kiss.
> They do end up working together.

I’d like to point out that in real life they are husband and wife. Which is
perplexing given that they had no on screen chemistry whatsoever.

> Colton attends a posh party thrown by the ex wife Tina and her new boyfriend.
> She's the absolutely gorgeous Michelle Morgan. She looked very familiar
> but she did one appearance on Supernatural and two on Stargate:
> Atlantis. She was the third actress to play Elizabeth Weir. After Torri
> Higginson would not return for season 5 in a smaller role, they did one
> episode "Ghost in the Machine" which included an unsatisfactory write out
> of Weir, played by Morgan. I put Atlantis out of mind and don't recall
> all that much about it.

They turned Weir into a human form replicator so she could look like
whatever they wanted, and she decided apparently to look younger and
prettier. Me, I wish she decided to look like Jessica Steen. Or even
Jessica Green.

The previous season, Morgan had played a human form replicator opposite
Higginson. In her return appearance, Rodney said he was pressed for time
and just used the same settings or something.

> Colton and Billie break into an office to look for stolen origin papers
> for the horse which must be presented to enter him into races and to
> stud. They don't find them. Colton stole something Billie didn't see and
> neither did I.
>
> Sure takes Colton a while, but the following day, he finally
> investigates the crime scene and determines that the horse wasn't taken
> out by trailer (despite horse tranquilizer left behind) but

And here they completely lost me. Apparently the horse tranquilizer was a
red herring. But it leads directly to the crooked vet! Why would you plant
evidence implicating yourself?

ridden out.
> Only a handful of people can ride the finnicky horse, including the
> fired trainer. Going to that guy's place, they find his corpse.
>
> Splitting up, Billie discovers that the vet is corrupt. She lures him
> out of surgery by product placement description of his high-end truck,

That he keeps a big picture of on his office wall behind him.

> telling him kids are messing with it. She finds the smoking gun, a
> record of the horse being all doped

Filed, conveniently in his office filing cabinet under “G“ for GUILTY
GUILTY GUILTY!

up so he can run through pain and
> apparently untreated injuries, and the drugs messing up the horse bad
> enough that he's impotent and cannot be put out to stud.
>
> I'm thinking insurance scam but I don't see how the insurance company
> would pay off without some inspection.

The plan was to sell sell the horse to somebody overseas who wouldn’t ask
for an inspection. And yet he wants the papers so he apparently doesn’t
intend to disguise that he has the horse. I’d be afraid that he’d come back
and kill me.

> Colton claims (having read Dick Francis novels, I guess) it's easy to
> get around all the blood testing performed on horse. Ok.

He had heard that it’s so easy the FBI is looking into it. BTR? Can we have
a ruling here?

> At some point they are lured into a trap but get out. Whitey, er, I mean
> Penelope, er, I mean Bob Exley figures out that the land is owned by the
> same shell company that has recently purchased pasture, so that's where
> the horse is. The shell company is one of the owners, the boyfriend.

Of course, this trap wasn’t intended for them. It was intended for the guy
who hired them. I’m not sure why they wanted him dead.

> Billie gets taken by the villain but offers to accept a payoff, but she
> and Colton don't end up betraying each other. The fight scene was
> unimpressive. The villain claims he had a buyer for the horse but was
> defrauding him on his bad shape.
>
> FBI freezes the assets of the shell company which includes the trust
> holding the large reward. No finder's fee. But Colton is happy that he
> found the truth and justice was done.
>
> The two exes stop hating each other and take care of the now worthless
> horse, but he's a 2000 pound pet. They'll end up as friends.

Of course, they’ve been running the horse fraudulently for a long time so
that needs to be investigated. Somebody has been paying off the vet. I
guess it’s the villain who stole the horse but I don’t know why he would
have been paying the vet to hop up a competing horse in the first place.

> Teddi and Velma have a tiny bit of "screen" time (on Colton's screen)
> and make no useful contribution to the plot. No Renee.

Re: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)

<uturqa$1thou$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219962&group=rec.arts.tv#219962

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 06:06:35 -1000
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:06 UTC

On 2024-03-26 05:00:21 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> An episode that sucked less than previous episodes. It had moments of
> entertainment, plus horsies.
>
> Colton heads to Lexington to track a stolen horse. He has three days to
> find it as it must run in a qualifying race for the Kentucky Derby.
>
> There's a "Lexington" caption over a rural area, a cultivated field, a low
> mountain or a large hill, a very large body of water in the background,
> and significantly, no grass. That ain't horse country surrounding
> Lexington. Maybe skip the rural British Columbia establishment shot?
>
> The horse in question is owned by a team of investors, plus a couple who
> take care of the horse. We never see the trainer nor jockey. The couple
> is divorcing and the husband sort of implicates the wife in the theft.
>
> Colton trips over Billie (Sofia Pernas, Lexi from Blood & Treasure), who
> is also seeking the finder's fee. She's The Woman Who Done Him Wrong,
> having screwed him when they partnered on a past job. There's sort of an
> attraction between the two but, in the moment, they don't even kiss.
> They do end up working together.

Pernas is now Hartley's IRL wife, IIRC - he dumped Chrishell Stause for
her. I imagine she'll be recurring on this show as a result...

Re: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)

<o0060j1uc9hkac8ki9vc2akenf5rvjpe4k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219973&group=rec.arts.tv#219973

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 13:07:09 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:07 UTC

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 06:06:35 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2024-03-26 05:00:21 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

>> An episode that sucked less than previous episodes. It had moments of
>> entertainment, plus horsies.
>>
>> Colton heads to Lexington to track a stolen horse. He has three days to
>> find it as it must run in a qualifying race for the Kentucky Derby.
>>
>> There's a "Lexington" caption over a rural area, a cultivated field, a low
>> mountain or a large hill, a very large body of water in the background,
>> and significantly, no grass. That ain't horse country surrounding
>> Lexington. Maybe skip the rural British Columbia establishment shot?
>>
>> The horse in question is owned by a team of investors, plus a couple who
>> take care of the horse. We never see the trainer nor jockey. The couple
>> is divorcing and the husband sort of implicates the wife in the theft.
>>
>> Colton trips over Billie (Sofia Pernas, Lexi from Blood & Treasure), who
>> is also seeking the finder's fee. She's The Woman Who Done Him Wrong,
>> having screwed him when they partnered on a past job. There's sort of an
>> attraction between the two but, in the moment, they don't even kiss.
>> They do end up working together.
>
>Pernas is now Hartley's IRL wife, IIRC - he dumped Chrishell Stause for
>her. I imagine she'll be recurring on this show as a result...

Well that was another little surprise when I looked up Chrishell
Stause and saw the story where she and Hartley got divorced. Then
shortly after Stause hooked up with someone who looks to be female but
says they are non-binary named G-Flip and is apparently still with
them a few years later. That always gets me when a couple are
together and supposedly happy only to break up and have one of them
get together with someone of a different gender than their spouse.

Re: Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)

<343060031.733164035.031529.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219976&group=rec.arts.tv#219976

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 10:38:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:38 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2024-03-26 05:00:21 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

>> An episode that sucked less than previous episodes. It had moments of
>> entertainment, plus horsies.
>>
>> Colton heads to Lexington to track a stolen horse. He has three days to
>> find it as it must run in a qualifying race for the Kentucky Derby.
>>
>> There's a "Lexington" caption over a rural area, a cultivated field, a low
>> mountain or a large hill, a very large body of water in the background,
>> and significantly, no grass. That ain't horse country surrounding
>> Lexington. Maybe skip the rural British Columbia establishment shot?
>>
>> The horse in question is owned by a team of investors, plus a couple who
>> take care of the horse. We never see the trainer nor jockey. The couple
>> is divorcing and the husband sort of implicates the wife in the theft.
>>
>> Colton trips over Billie (Sofia Pernas, Lexi from Blood & Treasure), who
>> is also seeking the finder's fee. She's The Woman Who Done Him Wrong,
>> having screwed him when they partnered on a past job. There's sort of an
>> attraction between the two but, in the moment, they don't even kiss.
>> They do end up working together.
>
> Pernas is now Hartley's IRL wife, IIRC - he dumped Chrishell Stause for
> her. I imagine she'll be recurring on this show as a result...

ICE CREAM!!!!!!!

Tracker "Lexington" S01.E06 (spoilers)

<uu0u5h$2pu4p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220015&group=rec.arts.tv#220015

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Tracker "Lexington" S01.E06 (spoilers)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 08:30 UTC

[...]

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed. His attempts to break the Internet
shall not be ignored.]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ubi the shithead plagarized me (was: Tracker "Lexington" S01.E06 (spoilers))

<uu1v1j$31sc3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220055&group=rec.arts.tv#220055

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Ubi the shithead plagarized me (was: Tracker "Lexington" S01.E06 (spoilers))
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 20:20:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 20:20 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>An episode that sucked less than previous episodes. It had moments of
>entertainment, plus horsies.

>Colton heads to Lexington to track a stolen horse. He has three days to
>find it as it must run in a qualifying race for the Kentucky Derby.

>. . .

Obviously, I wrote this. Ubi the shithead plagarized me.