From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

On transgendered easter day, I watched:

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

I HATE THIS MOVIE.:
The movie is Doomsday Machine (1972) and it's about a mahcine that destroys
the World while astronauts are on a 2 year journey to Venus. Originally made
in 1967, this movie ran out of money and wouldn't be completed until 1972.
https://youtu.be/80esLlUFKtc?si=Busp989CDxGvii4A

ONE OF THE DUMBEST MOVIES I'VE EVER SEEN!- THE ASTRO ZOMBIES (1968):
https://youtu.be/yjT97CajBbY?si=kgyooVaxyPE7pwtY

ONE OF THE MOST *INCREDIBLY BAD MOVIES EVER MADE*!!!:
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Incredibly
Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies (1964)
https://youtu.be/cBIorx4il40?si=YQKOYWzHn3UkIxh_

ONE OF THE *WORST ALIEN INVASION* MOVIES!!! - DEVIL GIRL FROM MARS (1954):
https://youtu.be/8NkuuFfhKpY?si=z82IlvRpmenXDDDA

THE PIT THAT MAKES PEOPLE DISAPPEAR!:
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Pit (1981)
https://youtu.be/IbDSQvSwwCY?si=4VfIm2TFKO-YRQFz

TOM HANKS *LOSES HIS MIND*! - MAZES AND MONSTERS (1982):
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Mazes and Monsters
(1982)
https://youtu.be/DLv6o3FYPkQ?si=4xw3LyP1mzn5Gb3w

WHAT ARE THE HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND???:
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Horrors of Spider
Island (1960)
https://youtu.be/lJhEs2tgRm0?si=u-YoO39Iqyhcd3i2

ANOTHER ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES I'VE EVER SEEN - CHAMPAGNE AND BULLETS (1993)
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Champagne and Bullets
(1993) !
https://youtu.be/TzdwRCIjpAk?si=YIa-10u54nmGpNiv

THE WORST MOVIE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN - THE ASTROLOGER (1976):
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Astrologer (1976)
https://youtu.be/PN5NLEa25ss?si=rKfmx1EU9_8-LB-n

A TALE OF 2 BREENS.:
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about twisted pair.
https://youtu.be/b-cbk2auuyc?si=1YTkpl4oFb2HRl3-

HUNTING DOWN A WEREWOLF - THE BEAST MUST DIE (1974):
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Beast Must Die
(1974)
https://youtu.be/qisPFqKG4GE?si=MluN4o5PsmVEcLOC

WILD WEST SHOWDOWN: BILLY THE KID VS DRACULA (1966):
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Billy the Kid vs
Dracula (1966), the only movie John Carradine regrtetted making.
https://youtu.be/fQRwb4R9Uvk?si=Va6KQVeOUj3CAqMp

*DATING* A 127-YEAR OLD *WITCH*!!!:
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, by popular demand, here is my
video review of the cult classic, The Touch of Satan (1971)
This is one of those movies that I thought had a good concept and could have
been a pretty cool movie if executed better
https://youtu.be/WegG2cYWWlI?si=cSFFcqg_F8SuVHfW

THE MOST INFAMOUS CHRISTMAS MOVIE OF ALL TIME.:
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Santa Claus Conquers
the Martians (1964)
https://youtu.be/L6BIep8aYds?si=VHt_Ysp0OFwG-mW3

STEVEN SEAGAL'S *WORST MOVIE*???:
Steven Seagal is on a submarine for only 15 minutes in this movie because
everything had to be changed 3 weeks before shooting. It's Submerged (2005),
a movie that was supposed to be about aliens on a submarine until Steven
Seagal decided he didn't like aliens.
https://youtu.be/Spm8Ihezhl8?si=KjduVSynA30fVuI8

ALIENS GROWING GIANT LOBSTERS! - TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE (1959):
https://youtu.be/1rav_pDZeP8?si=dzYeILDis2j8vEIa

THIS MOVIE RAN OUT OF MONEY IN 9 DAYS! - THE SLIME PEOPLE (1963):
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Slime People
(1963)
https://youtu.be/Rik_7JTpDE0?si=y19xY5yiS5R1j9_e

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MAKE FRIENDS WITH AN ALIEN! - ZONTAR, THE THING FROM
VENUS (1967):
https://youtu.be/4GHrnGrG3iU?si=7F-IwQu0uj8ON4fi

AN ENTIRE PLANET OF ONLY WOMEN! - QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE (1958):
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Queen of Outer Space
(1958)
https://youtu.be/sG1UiB6T-lk?si=4zMq6IcDdMSdmBy9

BIDEN SAYS "WATCH ME," SO WATCH THIS BIDEN MONTAGE AND YOU DECIDE...:
President Biden is the oldest U.S. president to date, and as we learned from
Robert Hur's report, Biden is an "elderly man with a poor memory." But often
when Biden is questioned about his age, he says, "Watch me," and today we
have the evidence that Biden is too old to be president. On this montage we
present day, and his mental agility has DECLINED tremendously. Can Americans
survive with an 81-year-old president?
https://youtu.be/n1q8Lo-5QFk?si=388qcX_fTma9Q419

BIBLICAL CONSPIRACIES:
"Secrets In The Sculpture". A terra-cotta sculpture attributed to
Michelangelo that contains a secret symbol that unlocks an ancient, untold
story of murder, sex and politics is examined.

BIBLICAL CONSPIRACIES:
"Bride Of God". A 1500-year-old manuscript, written by an anonymous monk,
that claims that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene is examined.

BIBLICAL CONSPIRACIES:
"Secrets Of The Crucifixion". A scientific investigation into Jesus'
crucifixion. This was more interesting than I expected.

BIBLICAL CONSPIRACIES:
"Jesus Family Tomb?". A controversial ancient artifact called the James
Ossuary could shed new light on the life and death of Jesus.

FORBIDDEN HISTORY:
"The Bloodline Of Christ". A look at the controversial theory that Jesus was
married and had children.

FORBIDDEN HISTORY:
"The Real Ark Of The Covenant". Is the fabled Ark of the Covenant
kept in a shabby convent in Eithiopia, guarded by one unarmed monk?
Sounds like Barbra Streisand to me, especially since they won't let
anyone see it.

FORBIDDEN HISTORY:
"The Secrets of the Vatican Archives". Shrouded in mystery, Vatican City is
one of the most secret places on Earth. It's believed that some of its
greatest secrets aren't so ancient, and that the answers to these and many
other historical controversies are hidden within its secret archives.

FORBIDDEN HISTORY:
"The Real Mary Magdalene". Mary Magdalene is a key figure in Christianity and
is said to have witnessed Jesus's crucifixion and resurrection. Now,
investigate who she really was.

FORBIDDEN HISTORY:
"Mystery Of The Turin Shroud". Experts examine the authenticity of the Shroud
of Turin.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Sunday)

<nhiep09e8a8tusups6koh0eod6o1ftndnc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220645&group=rec.arts.tv#220645

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Sunday)
From: kimbroj...@sbcglobal.net (Supersonic)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 10:20:11 -0400
 by: Supersonic - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:20 UTC

On transgendered easter day, I watched:

> I HATE THIS MOVIE.:
> The movie is Doomsday Machine (1972) and it's about a mahcine that destroys
> the World while astronauts are on a 2 year journey to Venus. Originally made
> in 1967, this movie ran out of money and wouldn't be completed until 1972.
> https://youtu.be/80esLlUFKtc?si=Busp989CDxGvii4A

Imagine waiting 5 YEARS to polish this turd! Someone comes up with another few
hundred bucks, and, oh yeah! - We can finish it!

> ONE OF THE DUMBEST MOVIES I'VE EVER SEEN!- THE ASTRO ZOMBIES (1968):
> https://youtu.be/yjT97CajBbY?si=kgyooVaxyPE7pwtY

Dude, you are seriously underrating this cinematic icon. Even if you can ignore
the fact that 'The Astro Zombies' is one of the coolest titles ever, it is
impossible to overlook its many triumphs. First, the cars are awesome: the
Mustang, the Cadillac, the vertical headlight Pontiac that the villains are
cruising around in with their homemade radar -- all classics. Second: The chick
that 'Igor' is experimenting on is HOT! Who is she? How did she get there? Who
the hell cares! Such questions mean nothing to any heterosexual male. Third:
Wendell Corey is slurring his words and most probably drunk, right there on
screen! Next: a human brain with built-in spring reverb -- are you f*cking
kidding me? Sign me up!! Everyone must get that transplant now -- you'll thank
me later! Also, the dancer in that night club is unforgettable, and probably the
real reason why the CIA guys went there in the first place -- see? It all make
sense. Finally -- and I can't believe I need to point this out to anyone -- Tura
Satana, the chick from 'Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!', the woman who showed
Elvis how to go down on a woman, is wiggling around in a pink dress that looks
like it's about to fall off, all the while outwitting the good guys, out bad-
assing the bad guys, and brazenly meeting her fate at the hands of an astro
zombie. I'll stack this classic up against 'Avatar' or the female Ghost Busters
any day or night! That is all.

> ONE OF THE MOST *INCREDIBLY BAD MOVIES EVER MADE*!!!:
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Incredibly
> Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies (1964)
> https://youtu.be/cBIorx4il40?si=YQKOYWzHn3UkIxh_

I've seen this on MST3K, and yeah, it is as bad as Mark makes it out to be. My
advice if you do check it out, watch the MST3K version. Mike and the Bots make
it far better to enjoy.

> ONE OF THE *WORST ALIEN INVASION* MOVIES!!! - DEVIL GIRL FROM MARS (1954):
> https://youtu.be/8NkuuFfhKpY?si=z82IlvRpmenXDDDA
>
> THE PIT THAT MAKES PEOPLE DISAPPEAR!:
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Pit (1981)
> https://youtu.be/IbDSQvSwwCY?si=4VfIm2TFKO-YRQFz

While I haven�t seen the film, this does look genuinely disturbing, not to
mention of its time: The teddy bear that �communicates� is reminiscent of David
Berkowitz and the dog that �told� him to kill. Clearly, the phenomenon of the
serial-killer was on the filmmaker�s mind. Also, bullying, like depicted here,
was quite common then, I remember well, unfortunately.

> TOM HANKS *LOSES HIS MIND*! - MAZES AND MONSTERS (1982):
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Mazes and Monsters
> (1982)
> https://youtu.be/DLv6o3FYPkQ?si=4xw3LyP1mzn5Gb3w

Sadly, this movie and the panic that inspired it, influenced an entire
generation. I was ostracized from my mom's drunk and drugged family when they
found out I played.

> WHAT ARE THE HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND???:
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Horrors of Spider
> Island (1960)
> https://youtu.be/lJhEs2tgRm0?si=u-YoO39Iqyhcd3i2
>
> ANOTHER ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES I'VE EVER SEEN - CHAMPAGNE AND BULLETS
> (1993)
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Champagne and
> Bullets (1993) !
> https://youtu.be/TzdwRCIjpAk?si=YIa-10u54nmGpNiv

The REAL story!!!
Cindy is actually brilliant. She told Rick about her situation hoping he would
immediately take things seriously and go after the cult. When she realized he
would rather drink and rub ice cubes all over her, she devised a plan. The
reason she threw her helmet off was to fake her own death. Then she hid out,
knowing that this would finally motivate him. That is why everyone at the
funeral accepted the closed and empty casket. They all knew. Everyone but Rick
knew. And after the ending hospital scene Cindy said thank you as she felt she
owed him that at least. Then she told him to quit drinking and singing. Because
it's horrible. And she never saw him again.
The end.

> THE WORST MOVIE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN - THE ASTROLOGER (1976):
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Astrologer (1976)
> https://youtu.be/PN5NLEa25ss?si=rKfmx1EU9_8-LB-n

It perplexes me how the director of this film (and other terrible films) watched
the final product and was like, �Yeah, this is a good representation of my
abilities as an actor, writer, producer, director�.

> A TALE OF 2 BREENS.:
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about twisted pair.
> https://youtu.be/b-cbk2auuyc?si=1YTkpl4oFb2HRl3-

I really can�t figure out if Neil is blissfully unaware of his ineptitude or if
he is a master class troll and WE are the fools.

> HUNTING DOWN A WEREWOLF - THE BEAST MUST DIE (1974):
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Beast Must Die
> (1974)
> https://youtu.be/qisPFqKG4GE?si=MluN4o5PsmVEcLOC

The funniest part is that I never see the werewolf doing something bad lmao,
like they didnt even say or show why the werewolf is such a big problem or why
the rich guy want it dead. They never show a flashback where the werewolf kill
his parents or kill some villagers or 'something'. And its never explained why
or how the rich guy got all those people in there against their will and how/why
he suspect the werewolf was among them. And I mean, yea, it killed the security
guy, but he shot it first, so it was self defense tbh. And the old guy in his
room was probably killed by the werewolf wife, who btw got infected completely
by accident, so it wasnt it either. And the dog, well, the dog attacked first
too.

> WILD WEST SHOWDOWN: BILLY THE KID VS DRACULA (1966):
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Billy the Kid vs
> Dracula (1966), the only movie John Carradine regrtetted making.
> https://youtu.be/fQRwb4R9Uvk?si=Va6KQVeOUj3CAqMp
>
> *DATING* A 127-YEAR OLD *WITCH*!!!:
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, by popular demand, here is my
> video review of the cult classic, The Touch of Satan (1971)
> This is one of those movies that I thought had a good concept and could have
> been a pretty cool movie if executed better
> https://youtu.be/WegG2cYWWlI?si=cSFFcqg_F8SuVHfW
>
> THE MOST INFAMOUS CHRISTMAS MOVIE OF ALL TIME.:
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Santa Claus Conquers
> the Martians (1964)
> https://youtu.be/L6BIep8aYds?si=VHt_Ysp0OFwG-mW3

That "freeze" gun was a real toy from that era. It ended up getting banned for
damaging children's hearing from being fired too close to their ears.

> STEVEN SEAGAL'S *WORST MOVIE*???:
> Steven Seagal is on a submarine for only 15 minutes in this movie because
> everything had to be changed 3 weeks before shooting. It's Submerged (2005),
> a movie that was supposed to be about aliens on a submarine until Steven
> Seagal decided he didn't like aliens.
> https://youtu.be/Spm8Ihezhl8?si=KjduVSynA30fVuI8

He�s career arc is almost full Breen at this point.
Sadly he�ll never quite reach such greatness no matter how hard he doesn�t try.

> ALIENS GROWING GIANT LOBSTERS! - TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE (1959):
> https://youtu.be/1rav_pDZeP8?si=dzYeILDis2j8vEIa
>
> THIS MOVIE RAN OUT OF MONEY IN 9 DAYS! - THE SLIME PEOPLE (1963):
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Slime People
> (1963)
> https://youtu.be/Rik_7JTpDE0?si=y19xY5yiS5R1j9_e
>
> WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MAKE FRIENDS WITH AN ALIEN! - ZONTAR, THE THING FROM
> VENUS (1967):
> https://youtu.be/4GHrnGrG3iU?si=7F-IwQu0uj8ON4fi

This one hits weirdly close to home for me. I watch the MST3k It Conquered the
World pretty often. There is so much overlap between the two. It honestly
benefits from a touch up, I am pretty forgiving but the alien would have been
bad for a theater performance much less a film. A lot of the scenes are pretty
much the same between the two films otherwise.

Oh yeah, the SCTV episode with Conrad Bain's brother! I love that a younger
person than me has enjoyed it.

> AN ENTIRE PLANET OF ONLY WOMEN! - QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE (1958):
> On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Queen of Outer Space
> (1958)
> https://youtu.be/sG1UiB6T-lk?si=4zMq6IcDdMSdmBy9

Click here to read the complete article