The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)BTR1701

1
What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)

<UBI20240402x@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220921&group=rec.arts.tv#220921

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 04:31:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:31 UTC

I watched:

BIDEN SAYS "WATCH ME," SO WATCH THIS BIDEN MONTAGE AND *YOU* DECIDE...:
President Biden is the oldest U.S. president to date, and as we learned from
Robert Hur's report, Biden is an "elderly man with a poor memory." But often
when Biden is questioned about his age, he says, "Watch me," and today we
have the evidence that Biden is too old to be president. On this montage we
present day, and his mental agility has DECLINED tremendously. Can Americans
survive with an 81-year-old president?
https://youtu.be/n1q8Lo-5QFk?si=388qcX_fTma9Q419

I SAW THE FIRST 10 MINUTES OF "CIVIL WAR" AND... | Film Threat Reviews:
https://youtu.be/x13k2FbbYqs?si=Ldm7GsmCFVEM3qsF

IS THIS THE MOST WILDLY INACCURATE BIOPIC EVER MADE?! (THE JESSE VENTURA STORY):
Remember when Jesse Ventura fought Goldberg in the 1970s? How about when he
was part of the Montreal Screwjob in LA? If not, you haven't seen The Jesse
Ventura Story!
https://youtu.be/Hfr8U0PYVuE?si=A6HiF_WTU4wf0_j3

STAR TREK DISCOVERY *PROUD* AS IT *NUKES* HOLLYWOOD CANARY:
Star Trek Discovery season 5 is Alex Kurtzman's latest addition to the Star
Trek Universe on Paramount+. Like Picard, Strange New Worlds and Star Trek
Next Generation it is aiming for classic Star Trek fans while altering what
Star Trek is to be more like Star Wars, to get a younger audience. But can
Star Trek Discovery Season 5 reviews beat their previous scores? Is Star Trek
Worth watching?
https://youtu.be/6ky9HxIvTAg?si=6-v78N7tJ67qrB4j

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"Written In The Stars". The group begins to mend their friendships; Lala
expresses her desire to become a mother again; Scheana cries to Lisa about
her insecurities with Ariana; Sandoval is forced to recognize he may never
get closure with the woman he loves.

I'm going to have to watch this again because I was bored and forgot the
comments I was going to make. I am getting tired of Katie and Arianna being
bitter bitches, but I was amused at them talking about being "frozen out" of
the group when they've been doing it fine on their own.

The "later this season" trailer at the end did not make me interesting in
watching the rest of this season.

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"Kiss Kiss, Revenge Bang". Schwartz makes a startling revelation to Lala
about a past hookup that sends Katie spiraling. James hosts a DJ night at
Hotel Ziggy, but when Schwartz brings non-girlfriend Jo, the other girls give
her the cold shoulder. Ariana and Katie encounter new issues in opening their
sandwich shop. Brock drops a bombshell about a more recent liaison that
shocks the entire group.

So it appears I was right about it being Schemer that Shwartz "made out with"
in Vegas circa 2013. I was more annoyed with the game of telephone than the
actual deed.

Go away, Billie Lee, and quit setting Sandoval up with your trans famewhore
friends.

Arianna, Katie, and LaLa looked gross at Hotel Ziggy. In Katie and Arrianna's
case, it reflected their inner selves. Why the hell are these girls being
mean to Jo? BTW, Schemer, Jo didn't do her own hair.

Sandoval is orgasm-screaming with his so-called life coach, who looked like a
DJ. He must be raking in the bucks from many gullible rubes.

Hey, the fake sandwich shop! Wait, are they seriously going to individually
bake each sandwich in a small tinfoil pan? I'm having flashbacks to the
multiple food testing for S&S. "Sloppy Jo"? Tres tacky!

Arianna shouldn't be leaving food sitting around if you have a dog,
especially if it's something that kill it! I bet Sandoval borrowed her
makeup.

Why are Katie and Arianna telling Lisa Vanderbucks about Schwartz "making
out" with Schemer? "Sloppy Jo", Katie? Jebus. Schwartz tells Brock he gets
drunk and "makes out" with people instead of facing up to Katie. ?? Brock
tells Schwartz that Katie hooked up with Max. Brock says he texted them about
banging her. I cannot tell if Schwartz is surprised or happy for his friend
banging someone. Sandoval just happens to show up with Billie Dee's friend.
?? Arianna is nasty to her. Jebus. She needs to shut up! Wait, that's not Max
at the table with Katie! I cannot tell if she's being defensive or just
yanking their chain. I am guessing we will never see Katie's date again.

Next week, blah blah blah...

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"Line in the Sand". Lala hosts a water-tasting event; Schwartz confronts
Katie for her recent hookup; Ariana takes Sandoval to task for an
irresponsible mishap; tensions boil over when Tom and Ariana clash about
long-simmering resentments.
Arrianna needs to quit being such a raving screaming bitch. I doubly resent
her making me side with Sandoval.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)

<uujjav$3tr4a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220929&group=rec.arts.tv#220929

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 05:50:39 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 12:50 UTC

On 4/3/24 1:31 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

Pretty full workday, so not much:

soaps: Tues' ep's.
DOOL - Yeah, Everett is definitely MPD - he undergoes hypnosis with
Marlena, and sees "dark Everett/Bobby Stein" while under. It's unclear
what happened to him to make him this way. Not much else happened this
epie - just routine stuff with Stephanie/Chad, Harris/Ava and Chanel/Johnny.
GH - Dex interviews to join the Port Charles police department, and
is grilled pretty hard by the interviewer. Anna calls Jason in, and then
confronts Agent Jagger in front of him, discovering that Jagger was
going to go after Carly if Jason didn't cooperate and become an "asset"
for Jagger - Please, may Jagger throw Carly in jail!! There was dumb
stuff with Carly and marshmallow Willow talking about Jason and Drew...
There was a really weird exchange between NuDrew and (Nu!)Nina - Is Nina
wearing Drew down?! Are these two going to end up together?!! Aunt
Stella catches Curtis standing on his own, and encourages him to share
the news with Portia, which he does.

Before I went to bed, I saw a Sonja Sohn-focused episode of "Will
Trent", and then I saw a DOOL "stunt" episode of "The All New! NEW!!
Weakest Link", but it must have been from ages ago, because 3 of the
DOOL castmembers they had on "The Weakest Link" haven't been on the show
in at least a year!! I didn't stick around to see who "won", but I
assume it was Martha Madison (Belle).

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)

<uujoda$3vfgb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220935&group=rec.arts.tv#220935

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 07:17:07 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 14:17 UTC

On 4/3/2024 5:50 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/3/24 1:31 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Pretty full workday, so not much:
>
> soaps: Tues' ep's.
>    DOOL - Yeah, Everett is definitely MPD - he undergoes hypnosis with
> Marlena, and sees "dark Everett/Bobby Stein" while under. It's unclear
> what happened to him to make him this way. Not much else happened this
> epie - just routine stuff with Stephanie/Chad, Harris/Ava and
> Chanel/Johnny.
>    GH - Dex interviews to join the Port Charles police department, and
> is grilled pretty hard by the interviewer. Anna calls Jason in, and then
> confronts Agent Jagger in front of him, discovering that Jagger was
> going to go after Carly if Jason didn't cooperate and become an "asset"
> for Jagger - Please, may Jagger throw Carly in jail!! There was dumb
> stuff with Carly and marshmallow Willow talking about Jason and Drew...
> There was a really weird exchange between NuDrew and (Nu!)Nina - Is Nina
> wearing Drew down?! Are these two going to end up together?!! Aunt
> Stella catches Curtis standing on his own, and encourages him to share
> the news with Portia, which he does.
>
> Before I went to bed, I saw a Sonja Sohn-focused episode of "Will
> Trent", and then I saw a DOOL "stunt" episode of "The All New! NEW!!
> Weakest Link", but it must have been from ages ago, because 3 of the
> DOOL castmembers they had on "The Weakest Link" haven't been on the show
> in at least a year!! I didn't stick around to see who "won", but I
> assume it was Martha Madison (Belle).

This is a two day catch-up. I watched:

Night at the Museum (blu-ray) 2006 comedy starring Ben Stiller as the
new night security guard at the American Museum of Natural History who
discovers all the exhibits come to life at night. It's OK I guess.

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (blu-ray) 2009 sequel
which has the exhibits moved to the Smithsonian along with the magical
artifact that causes the exhibits to all come to life. I haven't
watched this since seeing it in the theater in 2009. But I clearly
remember I saw it in IMAX and every time Amy Adams who played Amelia
Earhart was on the giant IMAX screen.

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (Disney+) 2014 sequel which has
the exhibits moved to a museum in London. More wackiness ensues. This
was my first time watching this one. It was OK I guess.

The Equalizer - "The Whistleblower" - I mostly forgot what happened.

Family Guy - I caught up on the last two episodes.

The Truth vs. Alex Jones (HBO) This took me a few days to work my way
through. It's a very good documentary about the families whose young
children were murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary school and how Alex
Jones *constantly* lied on his show about it, causing every kook in the
country (and there are millions of them) who listened to his show to
make the lives of the grieving parents a living hell. There simply some
people who live in an alternate reality and they will *not* be bothered
by proof. The documentary also details the families lawsuit against him
and the two trials, one in Texas and one in Connecticut. Even during
the trials Jones couldn't help himself. A couple of times it looked
like the judge had seriously had enough of his nonsense and wanted to
climb down from the bench and beat him herself. I almost didn't watch
this because I knew it would be painful to sit through, but it was very
well done.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)

<uujr8d$2r5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220940&group=rec.arts.tv#220940

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:05:50 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:05 UTC

The Twilight Zone S5E27 'Sounds and Silences' - DVR
A man (John McGiver) who enjoys loud noises is driven crazy when trivial
sounds become deafening to him. (Comcast)
Roswell Flemington enjoys loud noises, is an annoyance to others and is
suitably punished. (IMDb)

Trivia:
Shortly after the airing, a writer came up with a lawsuit claiming his
script and title were used. It was settled with him receiving $3500 but
litigation prevented it from being included in syndication for a time.
The first "sound effect" record played by John McGiver is actually a
78RPM disc on the Deltone label called "You Won't Believe Your Eyes"
sung by Ina Massine. Ina Massine isn't a real singer; it was Kathryn
Grayson's character name in the 1951 film "Grounds for Marriage." This
Rodgers and Hart song (real title, "Wait Till You See Him") was recorded
for the movie but not used. This record must have been a leftover prop.

Quotes:
[opening narration]
Narrator: This is Roswell G. Flemington, two hundred and twenty pounds
of gristle, lung tissue and sound decibels. He is, as you have
perceived, a noisy man; one of a breed who substitutes volume for
substance, sound for significance, and shouting to cover up the readily
apparent phenomenon that he is nothing more than an overweight and aging
perennial Sea Scout whose noise-making is in inverse ratio to his
competence and to his character. But soon our would-be admiral of the
fleet will embark on another voyage. This one is an uncharted and
twisting stream that heads for a distant port called - The Twilight Zone.
[closing narration]
Narrator: When last heard from, Mr. Roswell G. Flemington was in a
sanitarium pleading with the medical staff to make some noise. They, of
course, believed the case to be a rather tragic aberration; a man's mind
becoming unhinged. And for this, they'll give him pills, therapy, and
rest. Little do they realize that all Mr. Flemington is suffering from
is a case of poetic justice. Tonight's tale of sounds and silences -
from The Twilight Zone.

The Twilight Zone S5E28 'Caesar and Me' - DVR
A down-at-the heels ventriloquist is the victim of both his
gangster-like dummy and a strangely evil little girl. (Comcast)
When Irish ventriloquist Jonathan West cannot find any work, his dummy
Caesar suggests that he turn to burglary. (IMDb)

Trivia
This is the only episode of the series written by a woman. Adele T.
Strassfield was the secretary of William Froug, the producer of the
second half of the final season of The Twilight Zone (1959). According
to Froug, they worked out "Caesar and Me" together.
The ventriloquist's dummy is a reuse of the one created for The Dummy
(1962). It was modeled on George Murdock, one of that episode's guest stars.

Quotes:
[opening narration]
Narrator: Jonathan West, ventriloquist, a master of voice manipulation.
A man, late of Ireland, with a talent for putting words into other
peoples' mouths. In this case, the other person is a dummy, aptly named
Caesar, a small splinter with large ideas, a wooden tyrant with a mind
and a voice of his own, who is about to talk Jonathan West - into The
Twilight Zone.
[closing narration]
Narrator: A little girl and a wooden doll. A lethal dummy in the shape
of a man. But everybody knows dummies can't talk - unless, of course,
they learn their vocabulary in The Twilight Zone.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Tuesday)

<uXidnT6_y4n2B5D7nZ2dnZfqn_EAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220957&group=rec.arts.tv#220957

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 18:05:31 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 18:05 UTC

On Apr 3, 2024 at 1:31:40 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> STAR TREK DISCOVERY *PROUD* AS IT *NUKES* HOLLYWOOD CANARY:
> Star Trek Discovery season 5 is Alex Kurtzman's latest addition to the Star
> Trek Universe on Paramount+. Like Picard, Strange New Worlds and Star Trek
> Next Generation it is aiming for classic Star Trek fans while altering what
> Star Trek is to be more like Star Wars, to get a younger audience. But can
> Star Trek Discovery Season 5 reviews beat their previous scores? Is Star Trek
>
> Worth watching?
> https://youtu.be/6ky9HxIvTAg?si=6-v78N7tJ67qrB4j

Holy schnikees! That guy needs to worry less about STAR TREK and go see a
dentist. Stat!

That's the kind of teeth-rot that'll kill you.