The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility. And vice versa.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Monday)Ubiquitous
+* What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Adam H. Kerman
|| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Ubiquitous
|| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
||  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)suzeeq
`* What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Ubiquitous
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)NoBody
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Monday)

<UBI20240402@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220750&group=rec.arts.tv#220750

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-02 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

I watched:

INVITATION TO LOVE:
Jade, Emerald's twin sister, shows up, much to Chet's dismay.

EXPOS�:
A duo of strippers/detectives fight crime with the help of their
club-owner/mentor (played by Billy Dee Williams). This week, they
almost catch up their nemisis, The Cobra, but it's like he's always one
step ahead of them!

SEEIN' DOUBLE:
The lamest and lowest budget Patty Duke Show rip-off I have ever seen!
Starring Bob Newhart as the father of identical twin daughters whose
mother drowned in a boating accident. This week, Judy thinks the father
is going to die after misunderstanding him stating he is going to dye
his hair.

THE TOM CRUISE SHOW

CHEERS:
Sam is alarmed to discover Cheers has become a gay bar.

HOGAN'S HEROES:
A new candid reality show about a sandwhich shop run by a former
professional wrestler.

F-TROOP:
"Hicowie Blanket Bingo". Tucker and Agarn plot to sell some old blankets
to the Hikowie, not realizing the previous owners had smallpox.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uugu8f$37179$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220765&group=rec.arts.tv#220765

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 05:38:39 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 12:38 UTC

Ubi deliberately fucks up the date again, justifying why he is in nearly
everyone else's killfile...

On 4/2/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> I watched:
>
> EXPOSÉ:
> A duo of strippers/detectives fight crime with the help of their
> club-owner/mentor (played by Billy Dee Williams). This week, they
> almost catch up their nemisis, The Cobra, but it's like he's always one
> step ahead of them!
>
> SEEIN' DOUBLE:
> The lamest and lowest budget Patty Duke Show rip-off I have ever seen!
> Starring Bob Newhart as the father of identical twin daughters whose
> mother drowned in a boating accident. This week, Judy thinks the father
> is going to die after misunderstanding him stating he is going to dye
> his hair.

Of course, Ubi is being deliberately misleading here - both of these are
"a show within a show", within "Lost" and "Newhart", respectively.

> What did you watch?

I took the 'red eye' home from Hawaii, and then had to fly from SFO to
SAN, so I didn't get home until noon. Soon after that, I needed to make
up the sleep I didn't get on the red eye, and so had a long afternoon
nap. So all I got through was:

soaps: I had to skip a week and a day of DOOL & GH just to catch back
up. Looks like I didn't miss much, though I gather DOOL teased revealing
Sloan's baby snatching last week, but apparently they didn't follow
through...
All of these are Mon's ep's:
B&B - Weird convo where Hope keeps expecting Liam to say "I told you
so", and he virtually does that, though without actually saying it - I
guess Liam figures Hope f***ed up her life pretty good! Meanwhile, the
hunky doctor from the Liberty Mutual ads seems put off by Steffi's
obsession with punishing Hope and the Logans - go figure!!
GH - Diane continues making progress getting Alexis, who is sick of
dealing with the paper, her law license back. Anna is very frosty with
Sonny, and boots him out of her office!! Jason goes to visit lil'
Lizzie, and runs across his *other* son (with her), Jake, who is not
real happy with Jason - go figure! Booby Vista messes up Deception's
deal with Blaze, and Lucy seems to spin further out of control, with
Maxie and Brook Lynn seeming to do nothing about it. (Did Sasha sell out
of the company?!...)
DOOL - In the most consequential development, dumb Holly finally
confesses to Nicole, EJ and Brady that the drugs were hers, and that
Tate is completely innocent - Brady is furious, and demands that EJ drop
the charges against Tate immediately, which EJ does! Tate is free!! But
both NuTheresa and Brady seem to want to string Holly up, so Tate's
chances of a smooth romance with her look dim!! Xander tries to figure
out who framed him. Paulina is cancer-free (this whole storyline has
been a huge jerk-around!)

So, I missed a week plus of soaps, and a couple of Lifetime flicks.

What did you watch?

What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<UBI20240402s@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220766&group=rec.arts.tv#220766

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Supersedes: <UBI20240402@dont-email.me>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 04:31:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 08:31 UTC

[...]

<m2rn0kdco5eakk7a02ucfqjrij2nqc0vmv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220767&group=rec.arts.tv#220767

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 09:51:19 -0400
 by: NoBody - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:51 UTC

In article <uugu8f$37179$1@dont-email.me>, ijball@mac.invalid wrote:

>Ubi deliberately fucks up the date again, justifying why he is in nearly
>everyone else's killfile...
>
>On 4/2/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> INVITATION TO LOVE:
>> Jade, Emerald's twin sister, shows up, much to Chet's dismay.
>>
>> EXPOS�:
>> A duo of strippers/detectives fight crime with the help of their
>> club-owner/mentor (played by Billy Dee Williams). This week, they
>> almost catch up their nemisis, The Cobra, but it's like he's always one
>> step ahead of them!
>>
>> SEEIN' DOUBLE:
>> The lamest and lowest budget Patty Duke Show rip-off I have ever seen!
>> Starring Bob Newhart as the father of identical twin daughters whose
>> mother drowned in a boating accident. This week, Judy thinks the father
>> is going to die after misunderstanding him stating he is going to dye
>> his hair.
>
>Of course, Ubi is being deliberately misleading here - both of these are
>"a show within a show", within "Lost" and "Newhart", respectively.

Umm, you know what yesterday was, right?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uuh3vu$38gmf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220770&group=rec.arts.tv#220770

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 07:16:30 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:16 UTC

On 4/2/24 6:51 AM, NoBody wrote:

> In article <uugu8f$37179$1@dont-email.me>, ijball@mac.invalid wrote:
>
>> Ubi deliberately fucks up the date again, justifying why he is in nearly
>> everyone else's killfile...
>>
>> On 4/2/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> INVITATION TO LOVE:
>>> Jade, Emerald's twin sister, shows up, much to Chet's dismay.
>>>
>>> EXPOSÉ:
>>> A duo of strippers/detectives fight crime with the help of their
>>> club-owner/mentor (played by Billy Dee Williams). This week, they
>>> almost catch up their nemisis, The Cobra, but it's like he's always one
>>> step ahead of them!
>>>
>>> SEEIN' DOUBLE:
>>> The lamest and lowest budget Patty Duke Show rip-off I have ever seen!
>>> Starring Bob Newhart as the father of identical twin daughters whose
>>> mother drowned in a boating accident. This week, Judy thinks the father
>>> is going to die after misunderstanding him stating he is going to dye
>>> his hair.
>>
>> Of course, Ubi is being deliberately misleading here - both of these are
>> "a show within a show", within "Lost" and "Newhart", respectively.
>
> Umm, you know what yesterday was, right?

Oh, that makes it OK then, Ubi sock.... [roll]

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uuh7at$397mm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220778&group=rec.arts.tv#220778

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 08:13:34 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:13 UTC

'Kong x Godzilla' - Theatrical
The latest big monsters stomp cities movie with occasional appearances
by puny humans pretending to explain why big monsters are stomping
cities. My stuffed animals enjoyed it, which would be a pretty good
indicator of the intellectual requirements to watch it.

The Twilight Zone S5E25 'The Masks' - DVR
A dying man forces his heirs to wear masks at a Mardi Gras party to
receive their inheritance. (Comcast)
Wealthy Jason Foster is dying and he invites his greedy heirs to a Mardi
Gras party where they must wear the masks he specially had made for them
or else be cut off from their inheritance. (IMDb)

Trivia:
This was the only episode of the series to be directed by a woman, Ida
Lupino. She previously played Barbara Jean Trenton in The
Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine (1959), which also made her the only person to
star in one episode and direct another.
This was Robert Keith's final acting role before his death on December
22, 1966 at the age of 76.

Quotes:
[opening narration]
Narrator: Mr. Jason Foster, a tired ancient who on this particular Mardi
Gras evening will leave the Earth. But before departing, he has some
things to do, some services to perform, some debts to pay - and some
justice to mete out. This is New Orleans, Mardi Gras time. It is also
the Twilight Zone.
[closing narration]
Narrator: Mardi Gras incident, the dramatis personae being four people
who came to celebrate. And, in a sense, let themselves go. This they did
with a vengeance. They now wear the faces of all that was inside them,
and they'll wear them for the rest of their lives. Said lives now to be
spent in shadow. Tonight's tale of men, the macabre, and masks - on The
Twilight Zone.

The Twilight Zone S5E26 'I Am the Night - Color Me Black' - DVR
Elva Keene, confined to her bed and wheelchair, is driven to distraction
by mysterious telephone calls on a dead line. (Comcast)
The Sun doesn't rise on a small town where an execution is scheduled to
take place. (IMDb)

Trivia
ROT'd spoiler trivia: Qhevat gur svanyr, gur enqvb naabhapre zragvbaf
gur qnexarff bire n fgerrg va Qnyynf, Grknf. Ur'f ersreevat gb gur gura
erprag nffnffvangvba bs Cerfvqrag Wbua S. Xraarql.

Goofs: The episode is set in the present (1964) and concludes with a
public hanging. No public executions had taken place in the United
States since 1936.

Quotes:
[opening narration]
Narrator: Sheriff Charlie Koch on the morning of an execution. As a
matter of fact, it's seven-thirty in the morning. Logic and natural laws
dictate that at this hour there should be daylight. It is a simple rule
of physical science that the sun should rise at a certain moment and
supersede the darkness. But at this given moment, Sheriff Charlie Koch,
a deputy named Pierce, a condemned man named Jagger, and a small,
inconsequential village will shortly find out that there are causes and
effects that have no precedent. Such is usually the case - in the
Twilight Zone.
[closing narration]
Narrator: A sickness known as hate; not a virus, not a microbe, not a
germ - but a sickness nonetheless, highly contagious, deadly in its
effects. Don't look for it in the Twilight Zone - look for it in a
mirror. Look for it before the light goes out altogether.
Radio Announcer: ...and still the phenomenon remains unexplained, except
for the reports that now come in of similar occurrences here in the
United States and elsewhere. At two o'clock this afternoon, a dark cloud
suddenly appeared over a street in Dallas, Texas. The mayor of West
Berlin verified the fact that a rectangular area over the Berlin Wall
has suddenly gone dark. In Budapest, European newspapermen passed over
censorship an article about several square blocks, including a political
prison, which were suddenly thrown into darkness early this morning. In
Birmingham, Alabama... an area in Shanghai... the entire northern
section of Vietnam... a section of Chicago, Illinois... the darkness
continues to make itself known.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uuh92o$39hib$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220782&group=rec.arts.tv#220782

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:43:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:43 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>The Twilight Zone S5E25 'The Masks' - DVR
>A dying man forces his heirs to wear masks at a Mardi Gras party to
>receive their inheritance. (Comcast)
>Wealthy Jason Foster is dying and he invites his greedy heirs to a Mardi
>Gras party where they must wear the masks he specially had made for them
>or else be cut off from their inheritance. (IMDb)

>Trivia:
>This was the only episode of the series to be directed by a woman, Ida
>Lupino. She previously played Barbara Jean Trenton in The
>Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine (1959), which also made her the only person to
>star in one episode and direct another.
>This was Robert Keith's final acting role before his death on December
>22, 1966 at the age of 76.

At the time, the list of female directors was quite short. There was
Ida, and, uh, I forgot. She was a terrific actress but wasn't going to
get leading roles in bigger budget movies, so she talked her way into
becoming a director. She briefly had her own production company. She was
quite good on radio but most of her appearances were highly abridged
movie adaptations.

Should I bother to ask why he didn't just leave his fortune to deserving
charities during his lifetime and minimize the estate he left? Nothing
requires you to leave money to adult relatives.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uuhejd$3b2bi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220786&group=rec.arts.tv#220786

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 13:13:52 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 17:13 UTC

In article <uugu8f$37179$1@dont-email.me>, ijball@mac.invalid wrote:
>On 4/1/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

>> I watched:
>>
>> INVITATION TO LOVE:
>> Jade, Emerald's twin sister, shows up, much to Chet's dismay.
>>
>> EXPOS�:
>> A duo of strippers/detectives fight crime with the help of their
>> club-owner/mentor (played by Billy Dee Williams). This week, they
>> almost catch up their nemisis, The Cobra, but it's like he's always one
>> step ahead of them!
>>
>> SEEIN' DOUBLE:
>> The lamest and lowest budget Patty Duke Show rip-off I have ever seen!
>> Starring Bob Newhart as the father of identical twin daughters whose
>> mother drowned in a boating accident. This week, Judy thinks the father
>> is going to die after misunderstanding him stating he is going to dye
>> his hair.
>
>Of course, Ubi is being deliberately misleading here - both of these are
>"a show within a show", within "Lost" and "Newhart", respectively.

Whoosh!
Thanks for playing.

>> What did you watch?
>
>I took the 'red eye' home from Hawaii, and then had to fly from SFO to
>SAN, so I didn't get home until noon. Soon after that, I needed to make
>up the sleep I didn't get on the red eye, and so had a long afternoon
>nap. So all I got through was:

Wait, you were in Hawai'i?

>What did you watch?

I had an arduous workout, so I was too tired.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uuhep1$3b2bi$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220787&group=rec.arts.tv#220787

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 13:18:54 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 17:18 UTC

In article <uuh92o$39hib$3@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>The Twilight Zone S5E25 'The Masks' - DVR
>>A dying man forces his heirs to wear masks at a Mardi Gras party to
>>receive their inheritance. (Comcast)
>>Wealthy Jason Foster is dying and he invites his greedy heirs to a Mardi
>>Gras party where they must wear the masks he specially had made for them
>>or else be cut off from their inheritance. (IMDb)
>
>Should I bother to ask why he didn't just leave his fortune to deserving
>charities during his lifetime and minimize the estate he left? Nothing
>requires you to leave money to adult relatives.

What, and miss the opportunity to screw his relatives over?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uui9tc$3h6aq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220856&group=rec.arts.tv#220856

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 18:03:43 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 01:03 UTC

On 4/2/2024 8:43 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> The Twilight Zone S5E25 'The Masks' - DVR
>> A dying man forces his heirs to wear masks at a Mardi Gras party to
>> receive their inheritance. (Comcast)
>> Wealthy Jason Foster is dying and he invites his greedy heirs to a Mardi
>> Gras party where they must wear the masks he specially had made for them
>> or else be cut off from their inheritance. (IMDb)
>
>> Trivia:
>> This was the only episode of the series to be directed by a woman, Ida
>> Lupino. She previously played Barbara Jean Trenton in The
>> Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine (1959), which also made her the only person to
>> star in one episode and direct another.
>> This was Robert Keith's final acting role before his death on December
>> 22, 1966 at the age of 76.
>
> At the time, the list of female directors was quite short. There was
> Ida, and, uh, I forgot. She was a terrific actress but wasn't going to
> get leading roles in bigger budget movies, so she talked her way into
> becoming a director. She briefly had her own production company. She was
> quite good on radio but most of her appearances were highly abridged
> movie adaptations.
>
> Should I bother to ask why he didn't just leave his fortune to deserving
> charities during his lifetime and minimize the estate he left? Nothing
> requires you to leave money to adult relatives.

Because then it wouldn't have been a Twilight Zone episode, of course.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uuiqkp$3ocb7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220868&group=rec.arts.tv#220868

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 22:49:12 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 05:49 UTC

On 4/2/2024 5:38 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> Ubi deliberately fucks up the date again, justifying why he is in nearly
> everyone else's killfile...
>
> On 4/2/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> EXPOSÉ:
>> A duo of strippers/detectives fight crime with the help of their
>> club-owner/mentor (played by Billy Dee Williams). This week, they
>> almost catch up their nemisis, The Cobra, but it's like he's always one
>> step ahead of them!
>>
>> SEEIN' DOUBLE:
>> The lamest and lowest budget Patty Duke Show rip-off I have ever seen!
>> Starring Bob Newhart as the father of identical twin daughters whose
>> mother drowned in a boating accident. This week, Judy thinks the father
>> is going to die after misunderstanding him stating he is going to dye
>> his hair.
>
> Of course, Ubi is being deliberately misleading here - both of these are
> "a show within a show", within "Lost" and "Newhart", respectively.
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I took the 'red eye' home from Hawaii, and then had to fly from SFO to
> SAN,

I'm assuming you mean San Diego?

So how was Hawaii?

so I didn't get home until noon. Soon after that, I needed to make
> up the sleep I didn't get on the red eye, and so had a long afternoon
> nap. So all I got through was:
>
> soaps: I had to skip a week and a day of DOOL & GH just to catch back
> up. Looks like I didn't miss much, though I gather DOOL teased revealing
> Sloan's baby snatching last week, but apparently they didn't follow
> through...
>    All of these are Mon's ep's:
>    B&B - Weird convo where Hope keeps expecting Liam to say "I told you
> so", and he virtually does that, though without actually saying it - I
> guess Liam figures Hope f***ed up her life pretty good! Meanwhile, the
> hunky doctor from the Liberty Mutual ads seems put off by Steffi's
> obsession with punishing Hope and the Logans - go figure!!
>    GH - Diane continues making progress getting Alexis, who is sick of
> dealing with the paper, her law license back. Anna is very frosty with
> Sonny, and boots him out of her office!! Jason goes to visit lil'
> Lizzie, and runs across his *other* son (with her), Jake, who is not
> real happy with Jason - go figure! Booby Vista messes up Deception's
> deal with Blaze, and Lucy seems to spin further out of control, with
> Maxie and Brook Lynn seeming to do nothing about it. (Did Sasha sell out
> of the company?!...)
>    DOOL - In the most consequential development, dumb Holly finally
> confesses to Nicole, EJ and Brady that the drugs were hers, and that
> Tate is completely innocent - Brady is furious, and demands that EJ drop
> the charges against Tate immediately, which EJ does! Tate is free!! But
> both NuTheresa and Brady seem to want to string Holly up, so Tate's
> chances of a smooth romance with her look dim!! Xander tries to figure
> out who framed him. Paulina is cancer-free (this whole storyline has
> been a huge jerk-around!)
>
> So, I missed a week plus of soaps, and a couple of Lifetime flicks.
>
> What did you watch?

I'll try to do a multi-day tomorrow or Thursday.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uujiiu$3tr4b$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220928&group=rec.arts.tv#220928

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 05:37:50 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 12:37 UTC

On 4/2/24 10:49 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> On 4/2/2024 5:38 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>
>> Ubi deliberately fucks up the date again, justifying why he is in
>> nearly everyone else's killfile...
>>
>> On 4/2/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> EXPOSÉ:
>>> A duo of strippers/detectives fight crime with the help of their
>>> club-owner/mentor (played by Billy Dee Williams). This week, they
>>> almost catch up their nemisis, The Cobra, but it's like he's always one
>>> step ahead of them!
>>>
>>> SEEIN' DOUBLE:
>>> The lamest and lowest budget Patty Duke Show rip-off I have ever seen!
>>> Starring Bob Newhart as the father of identical twin daughters whose
>>> mother drowned in a boating accident. This week, Judy thinks the father
>>> is going to die after misunderstanding him stating he is going to dye
>>> his hair.
>>
>> Of course, Ubi is being deliberately misleading here - both of these
>> are "a show within a show", within "Lost" and "Newhart", respectively.
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I took the 'red eye' home from Hawaii, and then had to fly from SFO to
>> SAN,
>
> I'm assuming you mean San Diego?
>
> So how was Hawaii?

Great. Don't want to be back at work! ;)

>> so I didn't get home until noon. Soon after that, I needed to make
>> up the sleep I didn't get on the red eye, and so had a long afternoon
>> nap. So all I got through was:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> I'll try to do a multi-day tomorrow or Thursday.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uujn9k$3v380$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220933&group=rec.arts.tv#220933

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 06:58:12 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 13:58 UTC

On 4/2/2024 6:03 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 4/2/2024 8:43 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler  <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The Twilight Zone S5E25 'The Masks' - DVR

This is one of those episodes you know exactly which one it is based on
the name.

>>> A dying man forces his heirs to wear masks at a Mardi Gras party to
>>> receive their inheritance.  (Comcast)
>>> Wealthy Jason Foster is dying and he invites his greedy heirs to a Mardi
>>> Gras party where they must wear the masks he specially had made for them
>>> or else be cut off from their inheritance.  (IMDb)
>>
>>> Trivia:
>>> This was the only episode of the series to be directed by a woman, Ida
>>> Lupino. She previously played Barbara Jean Trenton in The
>>> Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine (1959), which also made her the only person to
>>> star in one episode and direct another.
>>> This was Robert Keith's final acting role before his death on December
>>> 22, 1966 at the age of 76.
>>
>> At the time, the list of female directors was quite short. There was
>> Ida, and, uh, I forgot. She was a terrific actress but wasn't going to
>> get leading roles in bigger budget movies, so she talked her way into
>> becoming a director. She briefly had her own production company. She was
>> quite good on radio but most of her appearances were highly abridged
>> movie adaptations.
>>
>> Should I bother to ask why he didn't just leave his fortune to deserving
>> charities during his lifetime and minimize the estate he left? Nothing
>> requires you to leave money to adult relatives.
>
> Because then it wouldn't have been a Twilight Zone episode, of course.

+1

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uujr5d$2r5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220939&group=rec.arts.tv#220939

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:04:14 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:04 UTC

On 4/3/2024 5:37 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/2/24 10:49 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>
>> On 4/2/2024 5:38 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>>> Ubi deliberately fucks up the date again, justifying why he is in
>>> nearly everyone else's killfile...

>>> Of course, Ubi is being deliberately misleading here - both of these
>>> are "a show within a show", within "Lost" and "Newhart", respectively.

>>> I took the 'red eye' home from Hawaii, and then had to fly from SFO
>>> to SAN,
>>
>> I'm assuming you mean San Diego?
>>
>> So how was Hawaii?
>
> Great. Don't want to be back at work!  ;)

Most people don't have to go all the way to Hawaii to get that feeling. :P

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)

<uujs6s$3f74$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220943&group=rec.arts.tv#220943

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:22:03 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:22 UTC

On 4/3/2024 8:04 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 4/3/2024 5:37 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>> I'm assuming you mean San Diego?
>>>
>>> So how was Hawaii?
>>
>> Great. Don't want to be back at work!  ;)
>>
> Most people don't have to go all the way to Hawaii to get that feeling.  :P

True, but he might have meant he wanted to stay there!