From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.espn.sucks,alt.journalism
Subject: Sage Steele Says ESPN Bosses Made Her Follow ‘Every_Word’ Of Carefully Planned Q&A With Biden
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 14:57:24 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 18:57 UTC

Former ESPN anchor Sage Steele opened up about an interview she conducted
with President Joe Biden while working for the network in 2021, telling Fox
News that her bosses made sure she would follow �every word� of the script
during her exchange with the commander-in-chief.

Steele, who left ESPN after criticizing its COVID vaccine mandate, said her
headline-making interview with Biden in March 2021 was carefully planned out
by the network�s executives, and she was told �not to deviate� from the
written questions. The interview focused on sports returning to normalcy
following months of COVID lockdowns, along with athletes and fans being
hesitant to get the COVID shot, Fox News reported. Biden repeatedly
admonished Americans to �follow the science� and get vaccinated during the
interview.

�That was an interesting experience in its own right because it was so
structured,� Steele said. �And I was told, �You will say every word that we
write out, you will not deviate from the script and go.��

�Every single question was scripted, gone over dozens of times by many
editors and executives. Absolutely. I was on script and was told not to
deviate,� Steele added. �It was very much �This is what you will ask. This is
how you will say it. No follow-ups, no follow-ups. Next.� � This went up to
the fourth floor, as we said, where all the bosses, the top executives, the
decision makers are, the president of our company, the CEO, where they all
worked.�

The interview made headlines when Biden came out in support of the MLB All-
Star Game boycott of Atlanta after Republicans in Georgia passed a voter ID
law. The president claimed the Georgia law �is Jim Crow on steroids� and �is
all about keeping working folks and ordinary folks that I grew up with from
being able to vote.� Despite Biden and other Democrats slamming the new voter
law, early voting in 2022 in the state was at a record high, and Georgia
voter turnout was the largest in the South during the midterms.

https://youtu.be/gvWwBHk3lRg

Steele told Fox News that she wasn�t sure if ESPN sent the questions to the
White House before the interview, and said her exchange with the then-78-
year-old president was �heartbreaking� considering his mental acuity. The
former ESPN host told Bill Maher last fall that Biden didn�t appear to know
what was going on just before he sat down with Steele for the interview.

�I had to chitchat waiting for us to start rolling,� Steele said, adding, �Of
course he has someone next to him, and they keep a black, like, curtain over
the lens of the camera, so you can�t see him until the last second, but you
can hear, and we�re chitchatting� So I can hear him, and he goes, �What is
this for?�� And he�s, like, �Who am I talking to? Wait � what�s her name?'�

Steele sued ESPN and parent company Disney in 2022, alleging the network
retaliated against her for making negative comments about COVID vaccine
mandates and former President Barack Obama. The anchor was suspended after
making the remarks in September 2021 before she apologized a few weeks later.

Steele has also accused her former employer of asking her to refrain from
talking about trans-identifying male swimmer Lia Thomas.

�I was asked to stop tweeting about it. I was asked to stop doing anything,
saying anything about it on social media because I was �offending� others at
the company,� she said. �I made sure I sent off another tweet that night
after I received that email. Because, no, let�s stop living in this lie.�

The former ESPN host recently launched a new podcast, called �The Sage Steele
Show,� on Maher�s platform, telling �Morning Wire� in an interview last week
that �it�s a beautiful thing� that the leftist Maher reached out a hand to
the �controversial conservative.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Sage Steele Says ESPN Bosses Made Her Follow ‘Every_Word’Of Carefully Planned Q&A With Biden

<RBGdnYh5iPy3nJP7nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221010&group=rec.arts.tv#221010

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.espn.sucks,alt.journalism,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 01:23:54 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 01:23 UTC

On Apr 3, 2024 at 11:57:24 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Former ESPN anchor Sage Steele opened up about an interview she conducted
> with President Joe Biden while working for the network in 2021, telling Fox
> News that her bosses made sure she would follow "every word" of the script
> during her exchange with the commander-in-chief.

This should be a huge national story but it won't be.

Re: Sage Steele Says ESPN Bosses Made Her Follow ‘Every_Word’Of Carefully Planned Q&A With Biden

<17c30b078d0d1495$124380$1768716$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221041&group=rec.arts.tv#221041

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 04:53:30 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.espn.sucks,alt.journalism,rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 09:53 UTC

On 4/3/24 8:23 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2024 at 11:57:24 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Former ESPN anchor Sage Steele opened up about an interview she conducted
>> with President Joe Biden while working for the network in 2021, telling Fox
>> News that her bosses made sure she would follow "every word" of the script
>> during her exchange with the commander-in-chief.
>
> This should be a huge national story but it won't be.

The only "huge national story" about Fox News was when they were sued by
Dominion and lost billions. Why I laugh?

Re: Sage Steele Says ESPN Bosses Made Her Follow ‘Every_Word’ Of Carefully Planned Q&A With Biden

<uumo31$p8sf$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221084&group=rec.arts.tv#221084

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: alt.espn.sucks,alt.journalism,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 13:30:09 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 17:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2024 at 11:57:24 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> Former ESPN anchor Sage Steele opened up about an interview she conducted
>> with President Joe Biden while working for the network in 2021, telling
>> Fox News that her bosses made sure she would follow "every word" of the
>> script during her exchange with the commander-in-chief.
>
>This should be a huge national story but it won't be.

#WhatLiberalMedia

Did you hear about Keith Oldbermann's recent racist rant about her?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Sage Steele Says ESPN Bosses Made Her Follow ?Every_Word? Of Carefully Planned Q&A With Biden

<atropos-D7ACB1.12032204042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221090&group=rec.arts.tv#221090

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.espn.sucks,alt.journalism,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 12:03:57 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:03 UTC

In article <uumo31$p8sf$3@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> atropos@mac.com wrote:
> > On Apr 3, 2024 at 11:57:24 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> >> Former ESPN anchor Sage Steele opened up about an interview she conducted
> >> with President Joe Biden while working for the network in 2021, telling
> >> Fox News that her bosses made sure she would follow "every word" of the
> >> script during her exchange with the commander-in-chief.
> >
> >This should be a huge national story but it won't be.
>
> #WhatLiberalMedia
>
> Did you hear about Keith Oldbermann's recent racist rant about her?

Oh, is lily-white Keith telling black people how to be black again?

Re: Sage Steele Says ESPN Bosses Made Her Follow Every_Word Of Carefully Planned Q&A With Biden

<17c35897e5f242b5$125323$1768716$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221200&group=rec.arts.tv#221200

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 04:34:52 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.espn.sucks,alt.journalism,rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 09:34 UTC

On 4/4/24 2:03 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <uumo31$p8sf$3@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:

>>> This should be a huge national story but it won't be.
>>
>> #WhatLiberalMedia
>>
>> Did you hear about Keith Oldbermann's recent racist rant about her?
>
> Oh, is lily-white Keith telling black people how to be black again?

Anonyshit dialogue is the best!