Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.game-shows
Subject: "Wheel Of Fortune" Host Pat Sajak’s Last Show Will Be June 7
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 22:09:35 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 02:09 UTC

The iconic host of �Wheel of Fortune,� Pat Sajak, who became the
longest-running host of a game show in television history in 2018, will
appear as the host for the last time on June 7.

Sajak started hosting the show in 1981, when he took over from Chuck
Woolery; he has received 19 nominations for the Daytime Emmy Award for
Outstanding Game Show Host and won three times.

He announced his impending retirement last June, tweeting, �Well, the
time has come. I�ve decided that our 41st season, which begins in
September, will be my last. It�s been a wonderful ride, and I�ll have
more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all. (If nothing
else, it�ll keep the clickbait sites busy!)�

Sajak was born in Chicago in 1946, went to Columbia College, then
served in the U.S. Army as a disc jockey during the Vietnam War for
American Forces Vietnam Network. He later worked as a weatherman before
becoming a weather reporter for KNBC in Los Angeles.

Merv Griffin fought for Sajak to become the host of �Wheel of Fortune�
to succeed Chuck Woolery, he took over as host in 1981. In the 2018-19
season, he became the longest-running host of any game show, passing
Bob Barker, who had hosted The Price Is Right.

Sajak, a staunch political conservative, has served as an external
director of Eagle Publishing and served on the board of directors of
the Claremont Institute.

Sajak�s rapier wit on Twitter has endeared him to conservatives for
years. Targeting the non-stop coverage of Great Britain�s Prince Harry
and his wife Meghan Markle amidst ferociously incessant coverage of the
woke couple because of Harry�s new memoir, �Spare,� Sajak tweeted,
�Having trouble finding information about Prince Harry and his wife
(Meghan, I think). Any sources you might suggest?�

In November 2019, Sajak, then 73, took notice of the unhinged climate
alarmists on the Left who had decided to avoid having children in order
to save the planet. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) pontificated,
�Our planet is going to hit disaster if we don�t turn this ship around
and so it�s basically like, there�s a scientific consensus that the
lives of children are going to be very difficult. And it does lead, I
think, young people to have a legitimate question, you know, �Is it
okay to still have children?��

Offering his own hilarious solution for the problem. Sajak tweeted,
�In order to save our planet, I�m asking everyone in America who�s 73-
years-old or older to join me in pledging not to have any more
children.�

Sajak had lanced the self-importance of celebrities before as well. In
October 2017, he issued a tweet in the wake of the plethora of
uninformed opinions offered by celebrities (in response to the Las
Vegas massacre), writing, �OK, let me explain this again: We�re celebs.
We�re wiser & more empathetic than you. We are famous. Please take our
opinions more seriously.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Wheel Of Fortune" Host Pat Sajak’s Last Show Will Be June 7

<uuqcah$1rio2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221304&group=rec.arts.tv#221304

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.game-shows
Subject: Re:_"Wheel_Of_Fortune"_Host_Pat_Sajak’s_Las
t_Show_Will_Be_June_7
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 19:33:53 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 02:33 UTC

On 4/5/24 7:09 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> The iconic host of “Wheel of Fortune,” Pat Sajak, who became the
> longest-running host of a game show in television history in 2018, will
> appear as the host for the last time on June 7.

[crying hysterically]

Re: "Wheel Of Fortune" Host Pat Sajak s Last Show Will Be June 7

<20240406144039.0000691d@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221366&group=rec.arts.tv#221366

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.game-shows
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 14:40:39 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 18:40 UTC

On Fri, 05 Apr 2024 22:09:35 -0400
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> The iconic host of “Wheel of Fortune,” Pat Sajak, who became the
> longest-running host of a game show in television history in 2018,
> will appear as the host for the last time on June 7.
>
> Sajak started hosting the show in 1981, when he took over from Chuck
> Woolery; he has received 19 nominations for the Daytime Emmy Award
> for Outstanding Game Show Host and won three times.
>
> He announced his impending retirement last June, tweeting, “Well, the
> time has come. I’ve decided that our 41st season, which begins in
> September, will be my last. It’s been a wonderful ride, and I’ll have
> more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all. (If nothing
> else, it’ll keep the clickbait sites busy!)”
>
> Sajak was born in Chicago in 1946, went to Columbia College, then
> served in the U.S. Army as a disc jockey during the Vietnam War for
> American Forces Vietnam Network. He later worked as a weatherman
> before becoming a weather reporter for KNBC in Los Angeles.
>
> Merv Griffin fought for Sajak to become the host of “Wheel of
> Fortune” to succeed Chuck Woolery, he took over as host in 1981. In
> the 2018-19 season, he became the longest-running host of any game
> show, passing Bob Barker, who had hosted The Price Is Right.
>
> Sajak, a staunch political conservative, has served as an external
> director of Eagle Publishing and served on the board of directors of
> the Claremont Institute.
>
> Sajak’s rapier wit on Twitter has endeared him to conservatives for
> years. Targeting the non-stop coverage of Great Britain’s Prince
> Harry and his wife Meghan Markle amidst ferociously incessant
> coverage of the woke couple because of Harry’s new memoir, “Spare,”
> Sajak tweeted, “Having trouble finding information about Prince Harry
> and his wife (Meghan, I think). Any sources you might suggest?”
>
> In November 2019, Sajak, then 73, took notice of the unhinged climate
> alarmists on the Left who had decided to avoid having children in
> order to save the planet. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)
> pontificated, “Our planet is going to hit disaster if we don’t turn
> this ship around and so it’s basically like, there’s a scientific
> consensus that the lives of children are going to be very difficult.
> And it does lead, I think, young people to have a legitimate
> question, you know, ‘Is it okay to still have children?’”
>
> Offering his own hilarious solution for the problem. Sajak tweeted,
> “In order to save our planet, I’m asking everyone in America who’s 73-
> years-old or older to join me in pledging not to have any more
> children.”

I would probably have been considerably more direct after AOC's
pontification and observed that it was truly unfortunate her parents
had not had the same concerns before she was conceived.

> Sajak had lanced the self-importance of celebrities before as well.
> In October 2017, he issued a tweet in the wake of the plethora of
> uninformed opinions offered by celebrities (in response to the Las
> Vegas massacre), writing, “OK, let me explain this again: We’re
> celebs. We’re wiser & more empathetic than you. We are famous. Please
> take our opinions more seriously.”

Is a Sajak Presidential run for 2024 completely out of the question?

--
Rhino