"Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward" -- William E. Davidsen

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

SubjectAuthor
* Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?Rhino
`* Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?suzeeq
 `* Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?Robin Miller
  `* Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?suzeeq
   `* Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?Robin Miller
    `* Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?Rhino
     `* Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?EGK
      `* Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?Rhino
       `- Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?Loren

1
Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

<20240404134219.00005d93@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221085&group=rec.arts.tv#221085

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 13:42:19 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 17:42 UTC

I just watched the last episode of Season 3 of Resident Alien and found
myself wondering if that was a season finale or a series finale? They
certainly resolved *some* plot lines but other things were left
dangling.

I'm trying to find Robin's post where she laid out this week's TV
viewing and came up empty, thanks to the many weaknesses in Claws Mail.
She normally says if something is a series or season finale.

Futon Critic says it hasn't yet been renewed for a fourth season, which
makes it sound like a fourth season is at least possible. Does anyone
know if a fourth season is desired by the producers or has everyone
already gone their separate ways?

--
Rhino

Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

<uumtso$4q41$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221098&group=rec.arts.tv#221098

From: suu...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 12:09:11 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:09 UTC

On 4/4/2024 10:42 AM, Rhino wrote:
> I just watched the last episode of Season 3 of Resident Alien and found
> myself wondering if that was a season finale or a series finale? They
> certainly resolved *some* plot lines but other things were left
> dangling.
>
> I'm trying to find Robin's post where she laid out this week's TV
> viewing and came up empty, thanks to the many weaknesses in Claws Mail.
> She normally says if something is a series or season finale.
>
> Futon Critic says it hasn't yet been renewed for a fourth season, which
> makes it sound like a fourth season is at least possible. Does anyone
> know if a fourth season is desired by the producers or has everyone
> already gone their separate ways?

I'm pretty sure it was season finale, but I could be mistaken. Oh wait,
let me check her FB post...

Nope didn't find it easily. Maybe anim knows when she posted it.

Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

<l78f6pFkgcuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221112&group=rec.arts.tv#221112

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 16:00:19 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 20:00 UTC

suzeeq wrote:
> On 4/4/2024 10:42 AM, Rhino wrote:
>> I just watched the last episode of Season 3 of Resident Alien and found
>> myself wondering if that was a season finale or a series finale? They
>> certainly resolved *some* plot lines but other things were left
>> dangling.
>>
>> I'm trying to find Robin's post where she laid out this week's TV
>> viewing and came up empty, thanks to the many weaknesses in Claws Mail.
>> She normally says if something is a series or season finale.
>>
>> Futon Critic says it hasn't yet been renewed for a fourth season, which
>> makes it sound like a fourth season is at least possible. Does anyone
>> know if a fourth season is desired by the producers or has everyone
>> already gone their separate ways?
>>
> I'm pretty sure it was season finale, but I could be mistaken. Oh wait,
> let me check her FB post...
>
> Nope didn't find it easily. Maybe anim knows when she posted it.

Well, I'm here. I listed it as a season finale because The Futon Critic
doesn't have any info on season 4, yay or nay.

Here's a story from Syfy from yesterday:

Resident Alien Creator Explains the [Spoiler] Threat and Teases More
Alan Roles

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/resident-alien-showrunner-teases-more-roles-for-alan-tudyk

At one point it says "Max (Judah Prehn) and Sahar (Gracelyn Awad Rinke)
have uncovered the ruse as he can see the true forms of aliens, which
means trouble for the town and the two kids in Season 4," suggesting
there will be a season 4.

But at another point the article says "As part of our exclusive
postmortem with Resident Alien showrunner Chris Sheridan, SYFY WIRE
asked if this means audiences should look forward to yet another
character for Alan Tudyk to embody if the show gets another pickup? And
the answer is, 'Yes!'," meaning that season 4 hasn't been ordered yet.

So I think not yet, but strongly possible is the answer.

--Robin

Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

<uungdn$52sv$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221147&group=rec.arts.tv#221147

From: suu...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 17:25:26 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 00:25 UTC

On 4/4/2024 1:00 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> suzeeq wrote:
>> On 4/4/2024 10:42 AM, Rhino wrote:
>>> I just watched the last episode of Season 3 of Resident Alien and found
>>> myself wondering if that was a season finale or a series finale? They
>>> certainly resolved *some* plot lines but other things were left
>>> dangling.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to find Robin's post where she laid out this week's TV
>>> viewing and came up empty, thanks to the many weaknesses in Claws Mail.
>>> She normally says if something is a series or season finale.
>>>
>>> Futon Critic says it hasn't yet been renewed for a fourth season, which
>>> makes it sound like a fourth season is at least possible. Does anyone
>>> know if a fourth season is desired by the producers or has everyone
>>> already gone their separate ways?
>>>
>> I'm pretty sure it was season finale, but I could be mistaken. Oh
>> wait, let me check her FB post...
>>
>> Nope didn't find it easily. Maybe anim knows when she posted it.
>

> Well, I'm here. I listed it as a season finale because The Futon Critic
> doesn't have any info on season 4, yay or nay.
>
> Here's a story from Syfy from yesterday:
>
> Resident Alien Creator Explains the [Spoiler] Threat and Teases More
> Alan Roles
>
> https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/resident-alien-showrunner-teases-more-roles-for-alan-tudyk
>

> At one point it says "Max (Judah Prehn) and Sahar (Gracelyn Awad Rinke)
> have uncovered the ruse as he can see the true forms of aliens, which
> means trouble for the town and the two kids in Season 4," suggesting
> there will be a season 4.
>
> But at another point the article says "As part of our exclusive
> postmortem with Resident Alien showrunner Chris Sheridan, SYFY WIRE
> asked if this means audiences should look forward to yet another
> character for Alan Tudyk to embody if the show gets another pickup? And
> the answer is, 'Yes!'," meaning that season 4 hasn't been ordered yet.
>
> So I think not yet, but strongly possible is the answer.
>
> --Robin

Thanks, Robin.

Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

<l790fvFmvfqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221156&group=rec.arts.tv#221156

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 20:55:22 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 00:55 UTC

suzeeq wrote:
> On 4/4/2024 1:00 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>> suzeeq wrote:

>>> I'm pretty sure it was season finale, but I could be mistaken. Oh
>>> wait, let me check her FB post...
>>>
>>> Nope didn't find it easily. Maybe anim knows when she posted it.
>>

>> Well, I'm here. I listed it as a season finale because The Futon
>> Critic doesn't have any info on season 4, yay or nay.
>>
>> Here's a story from Syfy from yesterday:
>>
>> Resident Alien Creator Explains the [Spoiler] Threat and Teases More
>> Alan Roles
>>
>> https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/resident-alien-showrunner-teases-more-roles-for-alan-tudyk
>>

>> At one point it says "Max (Judah Prehn) and Sahar (Gracelyn Awad
>> Rinke) have uncovered the ruse as he can see the true forms of aliens,
>> which means trouble for the town and the two kids in Season 4,"
>> suggesting there will be a season 4.
>>
>> But at another point the article says "As part of our exclusive
>> postmortem with Resident Alien showrunner Chris Sheridan, SYFY WIRE
>> asked if this means audiences should look forward to yet another
>> character for Alan Tudyk to embody if the show gets another pickup?
>> And the answer is, 'Yes!'," meaning that season 4 hasn't been ordered
>> yet.
>>
>> So I think not yet, but strongly possible is the answer.
>>
>> --Robin
>>
> Thanks, Robin.

YW, suzeeq.

--Robin

Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

<20240404210413.000055b4@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221160&group=rec.arts.tv#221160

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:04:13 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 01:04 UTC

On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 20:55:22 -0400
Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> suzeeq wrote:

> >> Well, I'm here. I listed it as a season finale because The Futon
> >> Critic doesn't have any info on season 4, yay or nay.
> >>
> >> Here's a story from Syfy from yesterday:
> >>
> >> Resident Alien Creator Explains the [Spoiler] Threat and Teases
> >> More Alan Roles
> >>
> >> https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/resident-alien-showrunner-teases-more-roles-for-alan-tudyk
> >>

> >> At one point it says "Max (Judah Prehn) and Sahar (Gracelyn Awad
> >> Rinke) have uncovered the ruse as he can see the true forms of
> >> aliens, which means trouble for the town and the two kids in
> >> Season 4," suggesting there will be a season 4.
> >>
> >> But at another point the article says "As part of our exclusive
> >> postmortem with Resident Alien showrunner Chris Sheridan, SYFY
> >> WIRE asked if this means audiences should look forward to yet
> >> another character for Alan Tudyk to embody if the show gets
> >> another pickup? And the answer is, 'Yes!'," meaning that season 4
> >> hasn't been ordered yet.
> >>
> >> So I think not yet, but strongly possible is the answer.
> >>
> >> --Robin
> >>
> > Thanks, Robin.
>
> YW, suzeeq.

Much appreciated, Robin! Now I have at least *some* reason for optimism
:-)

--
Rhino

Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

<3dqu0jdo7s1dl7hrlq2rlb25tca1pll0cm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221178&group=rec.arts.tv#221178

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 23:02:57 -0400
 by: EGK - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 03:02 UTC

On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:04:13 -0400, Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 20:55:22 -0400
>Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> suzeeq wrote:

>> > Thanks, Robin.
>>
>> YW, suzeeq.
>>
>Much appreciated, Robin! Now I have at least *some* reason for optimism
>:-)

I thought the show as pretty amusing but it's kinda run it's course I think.
that finale really tried to pack a lot into a single episode. They jumped
around so quick and tried to get some time for everybody. It was lucky
anyone could follow it.

Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

<20240405085117.000047f7@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221208&group=rec.arts.tv#221208

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:51:17 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 12:51 UTC

On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 23:02:57 -0400
EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:04:13 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 20:55:22 -0400
> >Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> >> YW, suzeeq.
> >>
> >Much appreciated, Robin! Now I have at least *some* reason for
> >optimism :-)
>
> I thought the show as pretty amusing but it's kinda run it's course I
> think. that finale really tried to pack a lot into a single episode.
> They jumped around so quick and tried to get some time for everybody.
> It was lucky anyone could follow it.

I can't deny any of that. It's not at all clear where it will - or
should - go if it is renewed and that last episode WAS rushed/packed.
It felt like they were doubtful about getting renewed and, with a
shorter season this time compared to season 2, they might have decided
it was time to finish most of the plot lines. But since they still
hoped for a renewal, they left Harry's fate up in the air so that they
could still write a continuation if the renewal happened.

--
Rhino

Re: Resident Alien - season finale or series finale?

<kek11jhstgcdled3r5omg41am1m92c4rav@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221310&group=rec.arts.tv#221310

From: feedb...@innermind_NOSPAM.com (Loren)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 21:39:34 -0700
 by: Loren - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 04:39 UTC

On Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:51:17 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 23:02:57 -0400
>EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:04:13 -0400, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>> >Much appreciated, Robin! Now I have at least *some* reason for
>> >optimism :-)
>>
>> I thought the show as pretty amusing but it's kinda run it's course I
>> think. that finale really tried to pack a lot into a single episode.
>> They jumped around so quick and tried to get some time for everybody.
>> It was lucky anyone could follow it.
>
>I can't deny any of that. It's not at all clear where it will - or
>should - go if it is renewed and that last episode WAS rushed/packed.
>It felt like they were doubtful about getting renewed and, with a
>shorter season this time compared to season 2, they might have decided
>it was time to finish most of the plot lines. But since they still
>hoped for a renewal, they left Harry's fate up in the air so that they
>could still write a continuation if the renewal happened.

If it had been renewed I am pretty sure the showrunner would
have mentioned it at the the Resident Alien panel at Wondercon
on Saturday. He did talk about some of his plans for season 4
which I think will make for a good next season.

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/resident-alien-boss-hopes-to-expand-cosmic-side-of-hit-syfy-series-in-future

Loren