From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Housefather staying a Liberal
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 23:41:26 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 03:41 UTC

I am disappointed to say that Anthony Housefather, a Jewish member of
the Liberal Party of Canada who voted against a motion critical to
Israel recently that was supported by most of his party, has opted to
stay in the Liberal Party rather than joining the Conservative Party.

He explains his reasoning in the video:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/video/c2898587-power-play--housefather-to-stay-with-liberals

I was absolutely gobsmacked when he stated that one of his reasons for
staying with the Liberals was a desire to stay with a party that
believed in fiscal responsibility. Trudeau has been the exact OPPOSITE
of responsible since he was first elected in 2015! Trudeau actually
declared during his 2015 campaign that "budgets balance themselves"
(without human intervention apparently), pledged to run small deficits
for a couple of years, then generate surpluses after that, all promises
he broke shamelessly. And this was all BEFORE Covid struck and really
opened the floodgates of government expenditure and civil service
growth! Even now that we are past Covid, he's going on a major spending
spree for the last year of his current mandate to try to woo back
voters who are leaning very sharply to the Conservatives. To call
Trudeau or his enabler Chrystia Freeland, the Finance Minister,
fiscally responsible is to make a mockery of those words.

Apparently, Trudeau persuaded Housefather that he - Housefather - would
have a major national role in combatting anti-Semitism in the coming
months. I'm going to be VERY surprised if a party that listens to its
Muslim members a lot more than its secular or Jewish members, is going
to make anything but a token effort in this regard. I'm very
disappointed in Housefather for being finessed like this.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Housefather staying a Liberal

<ngr11j1v8n8l1um9egs38p57clq6v0u0qj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221315&group=rec.arts.tv#221315

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Housefather staying a Liberal
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 23:50:43 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 06:50 UTC

On Fri, 5 Apr 2024 23:41:26 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>I am disappointed to say that Anthony Housefather, a Jewish member of
>the Liberal Party of Canada who voted against a motion critical to
>Israel recently that was supported by most of his party, has opted to
>stay in the Liberal Party rather than joining the Conservative Party.
>
>He explains his reasoning in the video:
>https://www.ctvnews.ca/video/c2898587-power-play--housefather-to-stay-with-liberals
>
>I was absolutely gobsmacked when he stated that one of his reasons for
>staying with the Liberals was a desire to stay with a party that
>believed in fiscal responsibility. Trudeau has been the exact OPPOSITE
>of responsible since he was first elected in 2015! Trudeau actually
>declared during his 2015 campaign that "budgets balance themselves"
>(without human intervention apparently), pledged to run small deficits
>for a couple of years, then generate surpluses after that, all promises
>he broke shamelessly. And this was all BEFORE Covid struck and really
>opened the floodgates of government expenditure and civil service
>growth! Even now that we are past Covid, he's going on a major spending
>spree for the last year of his current mandate to try to woo back
>voters who are leaning very sharply to the Conservatives. To call
>Trudeau or his enabler Chrystia Freeland, the Finance Minister,
>fiscally responsible is to make a mockery of those words.

Wow - Justin Trudeau has much more in common with a drunken sailor
than a tight fisted bean counter and has show that throughout his
political career.

If Housefather's idea of anti-semiticism matches his idea of public
finance I fear for my country more than ever.

Before he came to power Justin Trudeau criticized the Conservatives
for letting the CUMULATIVE (i.e. run up over Conservative and Liberal
governments going back to before WW1) go over $400 billion.

Subsequently the Conservatives ran a campaign ad listing all the prime
ministers of Canada going back to 1867 with each PM's total deficits
with a sum total at the bottom with Justin Trudeau's on the right.
Guess who had greater deficits than ALL his predecessors put together?

Since then JT has done a single year deficit above $400 billion (which
was the figure JT criticized Harper for letting the COMBINED national
debt get to). Admittedly that was 2020 - which was a year a LOT of
Western governments blew their budget fighting COVID, but when the
first COVID supports came out I told my brother (then my business
partner) that while I understood why emergency financial measures were
necessary I also understood that Trudeau was the sort of politician
who believed "too much of a good thing is WONDERFUL!!" and thus would
inevitably continue the COVID supports considerably longer than were
medically needed "whenever that may turn out to be" (this chat was in
March 2020) and that this would inevitably lead to the highest
inflation rates in our childrens' lives.

I don't pretend to be a financial guru but the fact I called that in
March 2020 should tell you plenty and the federal finance department
has far better bean counters than me.