Disease can be cured; fate is incurable. -- Chinese proverb

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

SubjectAuthor
* News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3Ian J. Ball
+* Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3anim8rfsk
|`* Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3shawn
| `* Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3anim8rfsk
|  `* Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3BTR1701
|   `* Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3Adam H. Kerman
|    `- Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3anim8rfsk
+* Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3shawn
|`* Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3Arthur Lipscomb
| `- Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3shawn
+* Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3Adam H. Kerman
|`- Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3suzeeq
`* Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3EGK
 +- Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3suzeeq
 +- Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3Eddie Grove
 `- Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3anim8rfsk

1
News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<uts6vb$1645b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219846&group=rec.arts.tv#219846

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:58:35 -1000
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:58 UTC

As per UK's Radio Times:

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/

I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
news,

I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<1519980694.733075745.070376.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219850&group=rec.arts.tv#219850

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No
Season #3
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:18:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:18 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> As per UK's Radio Times:
>
> https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>

> I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
> season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
> news,
>
> I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...

I don’t recall if I made it through the end of season two or not.

I made it through the end of season one of THE LAZARUS MAN, which
simultaneously answered all the questions, brought the series to a
satisfying conclusion, and then hit the reboot button at the last possible
moment.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<fg930j92vr3rpab81pqrkfevnjj4e9ghlj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219853&group=rec.arts.tv#219853

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 12:29:06 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:29 UTC

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:58:35 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>As per UK's Radio Times:
>
>https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>

>I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>news,

I was one that made it through to the end.

>I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...

Damn, there was an interesting setup for a season 3. Yeah, there was a
sort of cliffhanger where things changed in an unexpected way.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<k4a30j12fctb8isg3s092r19m8vgjrhvq3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219855&group=rec.arts.tv#219855

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 12:39:11 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:39 UTC

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:18:31 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> As per UK's Radio Times:
>>
>> https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>>

>> I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>> season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>> news,
>>
>> I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...
>
>I don’t recall if I made it through the end of season two or not.
>
>I made it through the end of season one of THE LAZARUS MAN, which
>simultaneously answered all the questions, brought the series to a
>satisfying conclusion, and then hit the reboot button at the last possible
>moment.

At least you got a conclusion. Which is something all too many series
never get.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<1093229800.733078034.305045.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219856&group=rec.arts.tv#219856

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Season #3
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 10:06:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 17:06 UTC

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:18:31 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>> As per UK's Radio Times:
>>>
>>> https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>>>

>>> I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>>> season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>>> news,
>>>
>>> I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...
>>
>> I don’t recall if I made it through the end of season two or not.
>>
>> I made it through the end of season one of THE LAZARUS MAN, which
>> simultaneously answered all the questions, brought the series to a
>> satisfying conclusion, and then hit the reboot button at the last possible
>> moment.
>
> At least you got a conclusion. Which is something all too many series
> never get.

Well, see if you think this is better or worse than no conclusion at all.

Robert Urich digs his way out of a shallow grave, just after the Civil War
with amnesia. He spends the season chased and being chased by clues and
bad guys and flashbacks. He learns his name although it may not be his
name. He sees his wife, although it may not be his wife. Every time he
gets too close, a shot rings out and the chase begins again!

In the senses, staggering finale, he finds his real name and his past. He
was a Secret Service agent tasked with protecting Abraham Lincoln. He sort
of blew that one. The bad guys are other assassination conspirators. They
were forcing his wife to do their bidding because they have his kids
hostage. He kills the bad guys, rescues his kids, is reunited with his
wife!

Suddenly a shot rings out. A secret sniper has murdered his wife. The chase
begins again…

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<utsd5o$17aco$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219857&group=rec.arts.tv#219857

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 17:44:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 17:44 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>As per UK's Radio Times:

>https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/

>I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>news,

I watched Season 1 on TNT. suzeeq and shawn watched Season 2 on the
gray.

>I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<cge30jdo7s1dl7hrlq2rlb25tca1pll0c9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219858&group=rec.arts.tv#219858

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:54:04 -0400
 by: EGK - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 17:54 UTC

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:58:35 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>As per UK's Radio Times:
>
>https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>

>I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>news,
>
>I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...

I liked season 1 but season 2 seemed to go off in directions that often made
no sense. I'm pretty sure I finished it but it was so unmemorable I can't
even recall how it ended.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<utseeq$1qdjq$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219859&group=rec.arts.tv#219859

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:06:18 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:06 UTC

On 3/25/2024 10:44 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per UK's Radio Times:
>
>> https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>
>> I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>> season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>> news,
>
> I watched Season 1 on TNT. suzeeq and shawn watched Season 2 on the
> gray

I only watched a few episodes of S2, couldn't figure out what was going on.

>> I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<utsehe$1qdjq$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219862&group=rec.arts.tv#219862

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:07:42 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:07 UTC

On 3/25/2024 10:54 AM, EGK wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:58:35 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per UK's Radio Times:
>>
>> https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>>

>> I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>> season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>> news,
>>
>> I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...
>
> I liked season 1 but season 2 seemed to go off in directions that often made
> no sense.

So I'm not the only one... I didn't finish it.

> I'm pretty sure I finished it but it was so unmemorable I can't
> even recall how it ended.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<87ttkurwye.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219863&group=rec.arts.tv#219863

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:24:41 -0700
 by: Eddie Grove - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:24 UTC

EGK <memyself@null.net> writes:

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:58:35 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>>As per UK's Radio Times:
>>
>>https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>>

>>I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>>season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>>news,
>>
>>I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...
>
> I liked season 1 but season 2 seemed to go off in directions that often made
> no sense. I'm pretty sure I finished it but it was so unmemorable I can't
> even recall how it ended.

Season 2 made sense in a meta way. It's about the main character forcing
a reboot when his organization does not want one.

Suppose you have a bunch of people with the chance to reset the world if
they are unhappy with it. How far would they go to make it happen? How
often would the world *not* be reset? IMO it's a series that is set to
reboot 9 times out of 10, if not more.

Eddie

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<1769947437.733084103.311763.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219865&group=rec.arts.tv#219865

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Season #3
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:33:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:33 UTC

EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:58:35 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per UK's Radio Times:
>>
>> https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>>

>> I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>> season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>> news,
>>
>> I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...
>
> I liked season 1 but season 2 seemed to go off in directions that often made
> no sense. I'm pretty sure I finished it but it was so unmemorable I can't
> even recall how it ended.

That would have been my reply as well, but when I read Ian’s episodes
synopsis for the finale on IMDb, I didn’t recall it at all, so I must’ve
given up sooner.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<atropos-043594.12090825032024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219871&group=rec.arts.tv#219871

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 12:09:08 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:09 UTC

In article
<1093229800.733078034.305045.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Robert Urich digs his way out of a shallow grave, just after the Civil War
> with amnesia. He spends the season chased and being chased by clues and
> bad guys and flashbacks. He learns his name although it may not be his
> name. He sees his wife, although it may not be his wife. Every time he
> gets too close, a shot rings out and the chase begins again!
>
> In the senses, staggering finale, he finds his real name and his past. He
> was a Secret Service agent tasked with protecting Abraham Lincoln. He sort
> of blew that one.

Especially considering there was no Secret Service or presidential
protection agency of any kind during Lincoln's time. Lincoln created the
Secret Service mere hours before heading to the theater that night.

And even after being created, the Secret Service wouldn't start
protecting presidents for 36 more years.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<utsje5$198ng$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219878&group=rec.arts.tv#219878

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:31:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:31 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>Robert Urich digs his way out of a shallow grave, just after the Civil War
>>with amnesia. He spends the season chased and being chased by clues and
>>bad guys and flashbacks. He learns his name although it may not be his
>>name. He sees his wife, although it may not be his wife. Every time he
>>gets too close, a shot rings out and the chase begins again!

>>In the senses, staggering finale, he finds his real name and his past. He
>>was a Secret Service agent tasked with protecting Abraham Lincoln. He sort
>>of blew that one.

>Especially considering there was no Secret Service or presidential
>protection agency of any kind during Lincoln's time. Lincoln created the
>Secret Service mere hours before heading to the theater that night.

How long before Jim and Artie were hired?

>And even after being created, the Secret Service wouldn't start
>protecting presidents for 36 more years.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<1467952092.733129296.481455.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219921&group=rec.arts.tv#219921

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Season #3
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 00:08:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 07:08 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> Robert Urich digs his way out of a shallow grave, just after the Civil War
>>> with amnesia. He spends the season chased and being chased by clues and
>>> bad guys and flashbacks. He learns his name although it may not be his
>>> name. He sees his wife, although it may not be his wife. Every time he
>>> gets too close, a shot rings out and the chase begins again!
>
>>> In the senses, staggering finale, he finds his real name and his past. He
>>> was a Secret Service agent tasked with protecting Abraham Lincoln. He sort
>>> of blew that one.
>
>> Especially considering there was no Secret Service or presidential
>> protection agency of any kind during Lincoln's time. Lincoln created the
>> Secret Service mere hours before heading to the theater that night.
>
> How long before Jim and Artie were hired?

Jim and Artie worked for President Grant. That’s at least five years after
Lincoln was assassinated. West had done undercover work for Grant before,
but not as a Secret Service agent.

>> And even after being created, the Secret Service wouldn't start
>> protecting presidents for 36 more years.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<uurt9r$269sv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221353&group=rec.arts.tv#221353

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 09:29:46 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 16:29 UTC

On 3/25/2024 9:29 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:58:35 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> As per UK's Radio Times:
>>
>> https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>>

>> I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>> season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>> news,
>
> I was one that made it through to the end.
>>
>> I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...
>>

> Damn, there was an interesting setup for a season 3. Yeah, there was a
> sort of cliffhanger where things changed in an unexpected way.

I still haven't watched season 2! :-/ I don't care if it ends in a
cliffhanger (OK, actually I *do* care!) I still want to see season 2.

Re: News: THE LAZARUS PROJECT Is Confirmed as Cancelled - No Season #3

<7p531jhgpa0eb05nsjofr8i818mdt70v87@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221367&group=rec.arts.tv#221367

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 14:41:57 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 18:41 UTC

On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 09:29:46 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 3/25/2024 9:29 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:58:35 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> As per UK's Radio Times:
>>>
>>> https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/the-lazarus-project-sky-cancelled-newsupdate/
>>>

>>> I can't remember if people around here made it through the end of
>>> season #2, but I figured some around here would be interested in the
>>> news,
>>
>> I was one that made it through to the end.
>>>
>>> I guess season #2 ended on a cliffhanger?...
>>>

>> Damn, there was an interesting setup for a season 3. Yeah, there was a
>> sort of cliffhanger where things changed in an unexpected way.
>
>I still haven't watched season 2! :-/ I don't care if it ends in a
>cliffhanger (OK, actually I *do* care!) I still want to see season 2.

It's not so much a cliffhanger as an interesting setup for a season 3.
And while the specifics were unexpected the actuality of the setup
should not be unexpected.