From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-10 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

I watched:

THIS BATMAN COMIC HAS A BIG MISTAKE!:
Cursed Panels returns with a look back at Detective Comics 327 and a pretty
big Batman error. This silver age comic signaled a changing of the editorial
guard for the caped crusader over at DC Comics. The Dark Knight went from
Jack Schiff to Julius Schwartz and the comic moves from sci fi to more
mystery style stories, but that transition came with some growing pains. We
take a look at the mistake and the response here on Casually Comics!
https://youtu.be/v9zVE6V3M7E?si=8mYGr3g3aiGyYFsv

HOW *BAD* IS "THE SWARM"?:
https://youtu.be/_MHEZmd6ykw?si=bn3gHgHvNtUgGTiR

HOW BAD IS "FROGS"???:
https://youtu.be/5SAJ-jRiLOY?si=9nolJDJJdZ11lI7s

GATCHAMAN - BEST SUPERHERO ANIME:
Gatchaman Anime Review. Gatchaman, Gatchaman 2 & Gatchaman Fighter are
Tatsunoko's iconic bird themed superhero anime that would influence numerous
Tokusatsu & Super Sentai/Power Rangers. These three shows have been released
in English under many names including Battle Of The Planets, G Force & Eagle
Riders. The english dub featured in this video is the 2005 ADV Films dub
which is the most accurate to the Japanese version. Sentai Filmworks
currently has released the original uncut Japanese versions as part of
Tatsunoko's 55th anniversary.
https://youtu.be/kQkn5rAdoUQ?si=h3iDMLMZ4SE-AB89

FAMILY GUY:
"Fat Actor". After Brad Pitt gets injured on the set of a biopic about a
politician, Peter must step in and act out the role himself.
I found myself looking at the clock while watching. It was an OK ep, but not
very interersting.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-10 (Wednesday)

<uv8lf7$1mc87$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221921&group=rec.arts.tv#221921

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-10 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 05:35:51 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:35 UTC

On 4/11/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> [What did you watch?]

Wednesdays are my long workdays, so almost nothing. Indeed, I only
managed to get through one soap:

soaps: DOOL - Nicole and Kristen (enjoyably) really get into it, after
Nicole tears into Kristen for going after dumb Holly (who wasn't in the
episode), and EJ has to break it up, threatening to kick Kristen out of
the mansion if she doesn't leave Nicole alone! Later, Kristen conspires
to be made CEO of DiMera instead of EJ. [roll] Jada confronts Everett
about (not) signing the divorce papers in front of Leo and Stephanie,
and Stephanie is disgusted (without asking Everett his side) and later
buries the hatchet with Jada, whereas Leo wants to write the story! Eric
is quickly figuring out that Sloan is spending large secret amounts of
money on something, and vows to get to the bottom of it, while Sloan
manages to get Leo to suspend exhorting money from her! Xander tries to
figure out who framed him.

Aside from that, I saw some of "The Neighbors Are Watching" on LMN,
because I didn't remember the details of the flick. But I didn't watch
to the end, however, and still don't remember how it resolves!

Then I went to bed early.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-10 (Wednesday)

<uv8rsd$1nnli$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221925&group=rec.arts.tv#221925

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:25:18 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:25 UTC

On 4/11/2024 5:35 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> What did you watch?

'Chaos Theory' - Netflix disc rip
The Ryan Reynolds vehicle where his hyperactive obsessive/compulsive
character has his life turned into chaos by a revelation about his
daughter. Screencapping project.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-10 (Wednesday)

<uv935m$1pg93$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221943&group=rec.arts.tv#221943

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:29:38 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 16:29 UTC

On 4/11/2024 5:35 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/11/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> [What did you watch?]
>
> Wednesdays are my long workdays, so almost nothing. Indeed, I only
> managed to get through one soap:
>
> soaps: DOOL - Nicole and Kristen (enjoyably) really get into it, after
> Nicole tears into Kristen for going after dumb Holly (who wasn't in the
> episode), and EJ has to break it up, threatening to kick Kristen out of
> the mansion if she doesn't leave Nicole alone! Later, Kristen conspires
> to be made CEO of DiMera instead of EJ. [roll] Jada confronts Everett
> about (not) signing the divorce papers in front of Leo and Stephanie,
> and Stephanie is disgusted (without asking Everett his side) and later
> buries the hatchet with Jada, whereas Leo wants to write the story! Eric
> is quickly figuring out that Sloan is spending large secret amounts of
> money on something, and vows to get to the bottom of it, while Sloan
> manages to get Leo to suspend exhorting money from her! Xander tries to
> figure out who framed him.
>
> Aside from that, I saw some of "The Neighbors Are Watching" on LMN,
> because I didn't remember the details of the flick. But I didn't watch
> to the end, however, and still don't remember how it resolves!
>
> Then I went to bed early.
>
> What did you watch?

This is a multi-day catch up. I watched:

Parish (AMC) I watched the first episode of this new crime series
starring Giancarlo Esposito as a former criminal trying to live an
honest life as a husband, father, and small business owner. But with
debts getting out of hand he's talked into pulling one last job by an
old friend fresh out of jail. Esposito is the get away driver for a
bank heist is always the smartest man in the room and two steps ahead of
everyone else. So far the show is off to a good start.

Shogun (FX) - "Chapter Eight: The Abyss of Life" - Following the events
from last week when someone slipped and fell on a rock. No, I refuse to
get over that! Torangana is in mourning and preparing for surrender,
which will mean sure death for him and probably his lieutenants too. I
went into this episode thinking to myself there's no way he's really
going to surrender. This must be a trick. He's playing the long game.
Throughout the episode everyone keeps saying, this *must* be a trick.
He's playing the long game, right? Right?!? Good episode.

X-Men '97 (Disney+) - Thanks to bullying by the internet and the
non-stop posting of spoilers, I binged through episodes 2 - 5 and I'm
all caught up now. Sure they were generally good and episode 5 was
shocking, but the internet really needs to cool it with the spoilers!
Back in my day when I had to walk to school up hill, both ways, if I
wanted to get spoiled on the latest episode of a show I had to go usenet
and click the wrong thread. Now all I have to do is read twitter and
every 5 posts there's not only a spoiler in the subject there's a video
playing that I don't need to click to see it. It's just there.