From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: News: Emily VanCamp To Lead Canadian TV Drama About Former Sex Worker
Turned Litigator
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:53:24 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 21:53 UTC

As per Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2024/04/emily-vancamp-prejudice-celeste-parr-1235885913/

I really like VanCamp, and wish she'd do something else I'd want to
watch, but neither "The Resident" nor this fits the bill. :|

Re: News: Emily VanCamp To Lead Canadian TV Drama About Former Sex Worker Turned Litigator

<uvmtvn$15r1c$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222437&group=rec.arts.tv#222437

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Turned Litigator
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:27:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:27 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>As per Deadline:

>https://deadline.com/2024/04/emily-vancamp-prejudice-celeste-parr-1235885913/

>I really like VanCamp, and wish she'd do something else I'd want to
>watch, but neither "The Resident" nor this fits the bill. :|

A tv series that's based on the cliche that only lawyers and prostitutes
have clients!

Re: News: Emily VanCamp To Lead Canadian TV Drama About Former Sex Worker Turned Litigator

<20240416194713.000028bc@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222439&group=rec.arts.tv#222439

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: Emily VanCamp To Lead Canadian TV Drama About Former Sex
Worker Turned Litigator
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:47:13 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 23:47 UTC

On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:53:24 -0700
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

> As per Deadline:
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/emily-vancamp-prejudice-celeste-parr-1235885913/
>

> I really like VanCamp, and wish she'd do something else I'd want to
> watch, but neither "The Resident" nor this fits the bill. :|

Speaking of The Resident, did you ever hear why she left that? She was
the female lead but apparently just decided not to come back one summer
when the show was still going reasonably strong. I never heard one word
on why she left. I thought perhaps she'd decided to get out of the
business and raise a family or something like that....

I'm a little surprised to find her doing a Canadian series. Once a
Canadian actor/actress makes it big in the US, they don't often come
back to Canada. There are some exceptions, of course, but not that
many. (For example, Jason Priestley doing Private Eyes after 90210.)

--
Rhino

Re: News: Emily VanCamp To Lead Canadian TV Drama About Former Sex Worker Turned Litigator

<k14u1jpc9tr7q3j1m81c5hfa0jkrug1uuf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222441&group=rec.arts.tv#222441

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: Emily VanCamp To Lead Canadian TV Drama About Former Sex Worker Turned Litigator
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 20:00:41 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 00:00 UTC

On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:47:13 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:53:24 -0700
>"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per Deadline:
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/emily-vancamp-prejudice-celeste-parr-1235885913/
>>

>> I really like VanCamp, and wish she'd do something else I'd want to
>> watch, but neither "The Resident" nor this fits the bill. :|
>>

>Speaking of The Resident, did you ever hear why she left that? She was
>the female lead but apparently just decided not to come back one summer
>when the show was still going reasonably strong. I never heard one word
>on why she left. I thought perhaps she'd decided to get out of the
>business and raise a family or something like that....

Well given that she just had a baby back in March that might have
something to do with her reason for leaving the show.

>I'm a little surprised to find her doing a Canadian series. Once a
>Canadian actor/actress makes it big in the US, they don't often come
>back to Canada. There are some exceptions, of course, but not that
>many. (For example, Jason Priestley doing Private Eyes after 90210.)

Is her husband working up in Canada? That might be a reason for her to
take on a Canadian series since they have a newborn in the family so
it would be reasonable to want to be living/working together, or at
least in the same city.

Re: News: Emily VanCamp To Lead Canadian TV Drama About Former Sex Worker Turned Litigator

<uvn3qa$172gc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222442&group=rec.arts.tv#222442

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Worker Turned Litigator
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 17:06:33 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 00:06 UTC

On 4/16/24 4:47 PM, Rhino wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:53:24 -0700
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per Deadline:
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/emily-vancamp-prejudice-celeste-parr-1235885913/
>>

>> I really like VanCamp, and wish she'd do something else I'd want to
>> watch, but neither "The Resident" nor this fits the bill. :|
>
> Speaking of The Resident, did you ever hear why she left that? She was
> the female lead but apparently just decided not to come back one summer
> when the show was still going reasonably strong. I never heard one word
> on why she left. I thought perhaps she'd decided to get out of the
> business and raise a family or something like that....

My understanding is that she got pregnant and had a kid IRL, and wanted
to stay home and do that for a while.

I think that was about 3 years ago, so it fits the timeline.

> I'm a little surprised to find her doing a Canadian series. Once a
> Canadian actor/actress makes it big in the US, they don't often come
> back to Canada. There are some exceptions, of course, but not that
> many. (For example, Jason Priestley doing Private Eyes after 90210.)

Quite a few do, though. Look at Jason Priestley - it seems like he's
been doing Canadian TV shows for a while now.

Similar thing with Aussie actors lately - for example, both Phoebe
Tonkin and Maia Mitchell went back. Claire Holt may have as well (I'm
not sure).