From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,alt.tv.hbo
Subject: "We've Passed The Rubicon": Bill Maher Slams "Death To America" Chanters
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:30:51 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

Bill Maher slammed recent "Death to America" chants by protesters at an
Islamic rally in Dearborn, Michigan, and said "we've passed the rubicon."

The host of HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher" went viral after he posted a
clip on Tuesday from his recent "Overtime" segment on YouTube in which he
called out protestors at the International Al-Quds Day event -- a day that
exists to remind the Islamic world of their opposition to Israel and the U.S.

The chants of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" began while the
organizer, anti-Israel activist Takek Bazzi, was attacking the "rottenest"
country he and the other protestors live in, as previously reported.

"Now can I talk about American propaganda? Because there was a rally in
Dearborn, Michigan -- it's a large Muslim population, [there were] chants of
'Death to America.' I feel like we've passed something here," Maher said.

"The Left has gotten mad at me for many years for talking about Islam," he
added. "I try not to do it too much because I know it makes them go crazy,
and I've made my point. But it needs to be talked about now, when you start
chanting 'Death to America' in America."

We've passed the Rubicon with chants of "death to America" on
American soil. pic.twitter.com/oXV5FARaD5

-- Bill Maher (@billmaher) April 16, 2024

Maher then read what Bazzi told the crowd who said, "This is why [former
Iranian leader Ayatollah] Imam Khomeini, who declared the International Al-
Quds Day, this is why he would say to pour all of your chants and all of your
shouts upon the head of America."

The talk show host said he recalls hearing things like this said, but never
on U.S. soil.

"But ... now it's coming from inside America? Sorry. Got to talk about this
again," Maher replied.

"This is America, for crying out loud," he added. "And there are people who
will see me [and say], 'Oh, he's a conservative now.' I have not changed. I
have always liked America and thought death to it what was bad."

Maher recently made headlines when he warned that Canada was a "cautionary
tale" for those Americans pushing "extreme wokeness."

"If Canada was an apartment, the lead feature might be America adjacent. And
if America was a rental car, Canada would be America or similar," Maher said.
"And again, honestly, Canada, I'm not saying any of this because I enjoy it.
I don't because I've always enjoyed you, but I need to cite you as a
cautionary tale to help my country."

"And the moral of that tale is, 'Yes, you can move too far Left, and when you
do, you wind up pushing the people in the middle to the right,'" he added.
"At its worst, Canada is what American voters think happens when there's no
one putting a check on extreme wokeness."

"And this is why people vote for [former President Donald] Trump," Maher
continued. "They say in politics, liberals are the gas pedal and
conservatives are the brakes. And I'm generally with the gas pedal. But not
if we're driving off a cliff."

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "We've Passed The Rubicon": Bill Maher Slams "Death To America" Chanters

<sMWcnVo8KcipJL_7nZ2dnZfqn_EAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222747&group=rec.arts.tv#222747

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:34:28 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:34 UTC

On Apr 19, 2024 at 1:30:51 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Bill Maher slammed recent "Death to America" chants by protesters at an
> Islamic rally in Dearborn, Michigan, and said "we've passed the rubicon."
>
> The host of HBO's REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER went viral after he posted a
> clip on Tuesday from his recent "Overtime" segment on YouTube in which he
> called out protestors at the International Al-Quds Day event -- a day that
> exists to remind the Islamic world of their opposition to Israel and the U.S.
>
> Maher then read what Bazzi told the crowd who said, "This is why [former
> Iranian leader Ayatollah] Imam Khomeini, who declared the International Al-
> Quds Day, this is why he would say to pour all of your chants and all of your
>
> shouts upon the head of America."
>
> The talk show host said he recalls hearing things like this said, but never
> on U.S. soil.
>
> "But ... now it's coming from inside America? Sorry. Got to talk about this
> again," Maher replied.
>
> "This is America, for crying out loud," he added. "And there are people who
> will see me [and say], 'Oh, he's a conservative now.' I have not changed. I
> have always liked America and thought death to it what was bad."

More the point, if merely liking America and not wishing death to it now makes
one a conservative, what does that imply about being a liberal/leftist?

Re: "We've Passed The Rubicon": Bill Maher Slams "Death To America" Chanters

<989743887.735270032.317065.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222777&group=rec.arts.tv#222777

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect
Subject: Re: "We've Passed The Rubicon": Bill Maher Slams "Death To
America" Chanters
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:42:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 01:42 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2024 at 1:30:51 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Bill Maher slammed recent "Death to America" chants by protesters at an
>> Islamic rally in Dearborn, Michigan, and said "we've passed the rubicon."
>>
>> The host of HBO's REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER went viral after he posted a
>> clip on Tuesday from his recent "Overtime" segment on YouTube in which he
>> called out protestors at the International Al-Quds Day event -- a day that
>> exists to remind the Islamic world of their opposition to Israel and the U.S.
>>
>> Maher then read what Bazzi told the crowd who said, "This is why [former
>> Iranian leader Ayatollah] Imam Khomeini, who declared the International Al-
>> Quds Day, this is why he would say to pour all of your chants and all of your
>
>> shouts upon the head of America."
>>
>> The talk show host said he recalls hearing things like this said, but never
>> on U.S. soil.
>>
>> "But ... now it's coming from inside America? Sorry. Got to talk about this
>> again," Maher replied.
>>
>> "This is America, for crying out loud," he added. "And there are people who
>> will see me [and say], 'Oh, he's a conservative now.' I have not changed. I
>> have always liked America and thought death to it what was bad."
>
> More the point, if merely liking America and not wishing death to it now makes
one a conservative, what does that imply about being a liberal/leftist?

It says that hating America makes you a candidate to star on Star Trek STD
or the Mandalorian or any of the old CW superhero stuff.

Re: "We've Passed The Rubicon": Bill Maher Slams "Death To America" Chanters

<Ubtlmh$2v5et$06@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223401&group=rec.arts.tv#223401

Newsgroups: alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 21:05:06 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 01:05 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2024 at 1:30:51 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> Bill Maher slammed recent "Death to America" chants by protesters at an
>> Islamic rally in Dearborn, Michigan, and said "we've passed the rubicon."
>>
>> The host of HBO's REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER went viral after he posted a
>> clip on Tuesday from his recent "Overtime" segment on YouTube in which he
>> called out protestors at the International Al-Quds Day event -- a day that
>> exists to remind the Islamic world of their opposition to Israel and the
>> U.S.
>>
>> Maher then read what Bazzi told the crowd who said, "This is why [former
>> Iranian leader Ayatollah] Imam Khomeini, who declared the International
>> Al-Quds Day, this is why he would say to pour all of your chants and all
>> of your shouts upon the head of America."
>>
>> The talk show host said he recalls hearing things like this said, but
>> never on U.S. soil.
>>
>> "But ... now it's coming from inside America? Sorry. Got to talk about
>> this again," Maher replied.
>>
>> "This is America, for crying out loud," he added. "And there are people
>> who will see me [and say], 'Oh, he's a conservative now.' I have not
>> changed. I have always liked America and thought death to it what was
>> bad."
>
>More the point, if merely liking America and not wishing death to it now
>makes one a conservative, what does that imply about being a
>liberal/leftist?

The Democrat Party Hates America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllML6OQRLk
https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Democrat-Party-Hates-America/Mark-R-Levin/9781501183157

--
Democrats and the liberal media hate President Trump more than they
love this country.