Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. -- Mark Twain

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
| |+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
| |+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
| ||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
| ||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
| || `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)shawn
| |+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)BTR1701
| ||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
| |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)BTR1701
| | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
| |  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)BTR1701
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
| |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)BTR1701
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
 |+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
 ||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<UBI20240412@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222043&group=rec.arts.tv#222043

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

I watched:

THE FUNDAMENTAL *EVIL* AT THE HEART OF GINA CARANO'S CASE AGAINST DISNEY
THREATENS US *ALL*:
Gina Carano is fighting not only against Disney, but against a fundamental
rot within our country that threatens us all. This is not an exaggeration.
This is a fact. In this video, I explain WHY. #disney #starwars #ginacarano
https://youtu.be/aYfQBVrFoBY?si=3uzwf3O--E7yxhSh

JUDGE WALSH WEIGHS IN ON BAD AIRPLANE BEHAVIOR - Brett Cooper:
Lately, people on airplanes have reached a new level of DISGUSTING. Luckily,
we have Judge @MattWalsh here to give his verdict about what should be done.
https://youtu.be/nyXa40dejDc?si=CcjCuCvlSZbFo45L

WHO BUILT THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE: STAR TREK (TOS):
Well this has been a long standing mystery that has never been answered in
canon. However, non-canon sources have given the doomsday machine some
interesting stories and origins. We hope you enjoy our video, and we have
posted the links regarding the Doomsday machine we mentioned in the video, if
yo would like some further information. Have a great Day.
https://youtu.be/shY079LO5z8?si=YTIsrYiEIY2kDfgf

ABANDONED - DISNEY WORLD'S 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA:
When the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea:
Submarine Voyage became an instant hit. It was a theme park attraction like
no other in Florida and a classic ride within Walt Disney World for decades
to come. However by 1994, the iconic attraction was abruptly closed and would
sit abandoned for the next decade, sitting in the middle of the most visited
theme park on earth. Join me today as I find out why and take a look at the
history of this beloved attraction.
https://youtu.be/UFEVu5jcDqI?si=dYcAHKZD3dujbl32

CILANTRO DIDN'T ALWAYS TASTE LIKE SOAP:
Cilantro is one of the most polarizing foods out there - but why? And what do
stinkbugs have to do with anything?
https://youtu.be/RZtPynXsFas?si=DZKKjekZNAX-s55F

CIVIL WAR (NON-SPOILER) | Film Threat Reviews:
Chris Gore and Alan Ng give their non-spoiler reviews of "Civil War," now
playing in theaters.
https://youtu.be/Y5VMAwEkaWw?si=T7jp8ybs94A2G8Bb

UNCANNY VALLEY EXPLAINED | WHY ROBOTS, DOLLS AND MANNEQUINS ARE CREEPY:
The Uncanny Valley is a common unsettling, anxious, creepy feeling people
experience when androids, robots, dolls, mannequins, video games and
animations closely resemble humans but are not quite realistic enough.

The phenomenon is a consideration in a number of areas of design including
robotics, video game art, training simulators and 3-D animation. Designers
work hard to avoid the Uncanny Valley or exploit it to elicit a particular
response.

The feelings of Uncanny Valley can reach extreme levels like revulsion,
exceeding those experienced when viewing a corpse. The Uncanny Valley effect
is experienced at different levels by different individuals, depending on the
familiarity of the subject materials. Designers can bridge the valley with
changes like the addition of cartoon-like or "cuter" features

Still, all humans are susceptible to Uncanny Valley. You are, too.
Let's find out why.
https://youtu.be/YF8gc1jBiFM?si=9gnW5dWwAslU4Ikx

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvbaka$2btmm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222054&group=rec.arts.tv#222054

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 05:49:14 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 12:49 UTC

On 4/12/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

Not much:

soaps: GH - Wed's ep. Sonny continues to be hostile to Jason, but Jason
wears Sonny down enough to get him to acquiesce to Jason's operating his
half of the "legitimate" coffee business part of Sonny's operation. Ava
breaks into Sonny's medicine cabinet, and idiotically takes his
(bipolar) medication without knowing what it is! Carly nurses Agent
Jagger/John after his beating - I can't figure out her angle here: is
she "after him? or is she spying on him for Jason?! Laura and Kevin talk
Ace, the future, and Heather Webber's fate. Curtis is closer to being
back to 100%.

I then watched 3/4 of "Roommate Regret" on LMN, but it is nothing we
haven't seen before in this sub-genre, and I actually don't care for the
"renter from Hell" sub-genre anyway... I will say - the lead, Maryana
Dvorska, was cute.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvbgf7$2ddof$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222055&group=rec.arts.tv#222055

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 07:28:56 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:28 UTC

On 4/12/2024 5:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> What did you watch?

A 'How the Universe Works' rerun about dark matter and dark energy.
Basically we haven't got a clue what either one actually is.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<1708409895.734631909.322976.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222072&group=rec.arts.tv#222072

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 09:59:46 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 16:59 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

NEXT EXIT (2022)

Suggested by obvious. I gave it a shot because it has Karen Gillan in it.

WARNING for Amy pond fans.

She literally phones in her part which was filmed separately and appears on
TV screens.

A boring and wretchedly terrible movie. Amy Pond finds proof of the
afterlife. Really stupid proof. A little kid says his father‘s ghost Plays
a card game with him and no one but the dead father knew how to play this
card game. Um,, I’m thinking the kid must’ve known how. And if nobody
alive knew the rules how did they even know the ghost is doing it right?

So Amy Pond and San Francisco in a fancy building we’ve seen in Canadian
sci-fi before is asking for volunteers to commit suicide. Two people are
coming from New York and so they buddy up and it becomes a road trip movie.
With four days left across the country the pond institute Rents these
people a car to drive. That’s absolutely ridiculous. And the route they
take from New York to San Francisco. It just happens to go through where
both there estranged parents live one of which is in Arizona!

Stupid stupid stupid

Just avoid it

FALLOUT S01E01

Post apocalyptic series that doesn’t know if it wants to rip off SILO or
THE LAST MAN ON EARTH.

219 years after the nukes go off in an alternate Los Angeles, humanity
lives underground in giant facilities, that they somehow built after the
world ended, because whoever wrote this is stupid. They can’t go live on
the surface yet because of all the radiation but the surface is just
covered with people Living there fine and they know about it. At the end of
the first episode, our heroine goes to the surface to look for her
kidnapped father and it’s going to turn wacky with zombies and stuff.
One and done.

ARGYLE.

The first thing I found on Apple TV that they didn’t make me pay all the
cart for. It looks silly and interesting and potentially fun, and I set it
aside to watch another time when I wasn’t about to fall asleep.

LAW & ORDER - MOTHERSHIP

I thought I told the DVR to stop recording this after the last horrible
episode but apparently it didn’t listen.

A surrogate mother from Ukraine murders the mother, of the baby she’s
carrying so she can sell it to a higher bidder. And we’re supposed to feel
sorry for her, because oh boo-hoo Ukraine. The female assistant ADA is
especially useless, and after accusing her of deliberately trying to throw
the case they tell her to either hand in her resignation, or start doing
her job. She chooses the latter.

We learned that whoever signs the birth certificate is the legal parent in
New York even if they killed the mother and stole the baby.

We also learned that if you put away the legal mother for murder, the baby
will spend its entire life in the prison with her. This seems… Unlikely.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvbq30$2fjc3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222073&group=rec.arts.tv#222073

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:12:56 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 17:12 UTC

On 4/12/2024 7:28 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 4/12/2024 5:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>>
> A 'How the Universe Works' rerun about dark matter and dark energy.
> Basically we haven't got a clue what either one actually is.

Sure we do. They are the signs of a technologically advanced
civilization that's beyond our understanding. Either that or what's
left after Galactus eats a solar system. One or the other, I'm sure. ;-)

I watched:

Chucky (SyFy) - "Death Becomes Her" - Season 3 resumes with episode 5.
Chucky is still on death's door thanks to being inflicted with
Christianity and is slowly withering away. But he decides to go out
with a bang. There was a nice moment when Chucky was watching TV,
flipping through the channels and watching all the other "doll" horror
movies and riffing on them especially M3gan.

Chucky's comments are NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Z-aPCGPuo

Law & Order - "Family Ties" - I already forgot what happened! I know it
had something to do with a congressman and that's it.

Star Trek: Discovery (Paramount+) - "Jinaal" - This was mostly a filler
episode as team Disco visit Trill for their quest to find the magic
alien device.

Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
Garland. The movie is set in the near future where the United States is
at the end of a brutal civil war. The plot follows 4 journalist as the
make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
interview with the President. I went in not knowing what to expect
other than it was getting great reviews. I was taken aback by just how
intense this movie is. It's like the opening of Saving Private Ryan
mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or pretty
much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat waiting
to see who will die. This is almost non stop action and when the action
does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller. I think this
movie probably gave me PTSD! I also noticed, and I almost never notice
this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of the best I've ever heard
in a theater. This movie is definitely one for the theater, in the
biggest screen with the best sound possible.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<1388744875.734635737.079832.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222074&group=rec.arts.tv#222074

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:32:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 17:32 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 4/12/2024 7:28 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 4/12/2024 5:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>
>> A 'How the Universe Works' rerun about dark matter and dark energy.
>> Basically we haven't got a clue what either one actually is.
>>

> Sure we do. They are the signs of a technologically advanced
> civilization that's beyond our understanding. Either that or what's
> left after Galactus eats a solar system. One or the other, I'm sure. ;-)
>

> I watched:
>

> Chucky (SyFy) - "Death Becomes Her" - Season 3 resumes with episode 5.
> Chucky is still on death's door thanks to being inflicted with
> Christianity and is slowly withering away. But he decides to go out
> with a bang. There was a nice moment when Chucky was watching TV,
> flipping through the channels and watching all the other "doll" horror
> movies and riffing on them especially M3gan.
>
> Chucky's comments are NSFW
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Z-aPCGPuo
>

> Law & Order - "Family Ties" - I already forgot what happened! I know it
> had something to do with a congressman and that's it.

Actually, it wasn’t. That turned out to be a completely false positive and
they just forgot about it. It was a complete coinky dink that the victim
was testifying against the congressman and came home and got herself
murdered by her surrogate baby mama.

I kept waiting for the congressman to turn up again in some capacity, but
he never did.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvbtj6$2g8sm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222077&group=rec.arts.tv#222077

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:12:54 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 18:12 UTC

On 4/12/24 7:28 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> On 4/12/2024 5:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> A 'How the Universe Works' rerun about dark matter and dark energy.
> Basically we haven't got a clue what either one actually is.

The dirty little secret is that they are both basically "fudge factors"
in cosmology physics, to make the math work.

IOW, we know there is *something* there, because the math doesn't make
sense otherwise, but we have no idea what it actually is.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvbtqp$2g8sm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222078&group=rec.arts.tv#222078

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:16:57 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 18:16 UTC

On 4/12/24 10:12 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> I watched:
>

> Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
> Garland.  The movie is set in the near future where the United States is
> at the end of a brutal civil war.  The plot follows 4 journalist as the
> make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
> interview with the President.  I went in not knowing what to expect
> other than it was getting great reviews.  I was taken aback by just how
> intense this movie is.  It's like the opening of Saving Private Ryan
> mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or pretty
> much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat waiting
> to see who will die.  This is almost non stop action and when the action
> does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller.  I think this
> movie probably gave me PTSD!  I also noticed, and I almost never notice
> this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of the best I've ever heard
> in a theater.  This movie is definitely one for the theater, in the
> biggest screen with the best sound possible.

Not true!! All the home theater nerds will tell you that if you have a
good enough TV and sound system (IOW, top-of-the-line stuff), it will be
better than any theater experience, save for IMAX.

I believe they are now correct on this point (especially with
top-of-the-line OLED TV, and a Dolby 5-7+-whatever speaker sound system).

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<1548499229.734640532.716722.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222084&group=rec.arts.tv#222084

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 12:44:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 19:44 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/12/24 10:12 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>

>> Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
>> Garland.  The movie is set in the near future where the United States is
>> at the end of a brutal civil war.  The plot follows 4 journalist as the
>> make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
>> interview with the President.  I went in not knowing what to expect
>> other than it was getting great reviews.  I was taken aback by just how
>> intense this movie is.  It's like the opening of Saving Private Ryan
>> mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or pretty
>> much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat waiting
>> to see who will die.  This is almost non stop action and when the action
>> does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller.  I think this
>> movie probably gave me PTSD!  I also noticed, and I almost never notice
>> this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of the best I've ever heard
>> in a theater.  This movie is definitely one for the theater, in the
>> biggest screen with the best sound possible.
>
> Not true!! All the home theater nerds will tell you that if you have a
> good enough TV and sound system (IOW, top-of-the-line stuff), it will be
> better than any theater experience, save for IMAX.
>
> I believe they are now correct on this point (especially with
> top-of-the-line OLED TV, and a Dolby 5-7+-whatever speaker sound system).

Laserdisc and a Sony 32” XBR CRT are better than any Phoenix theater
experience.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<atropos-41A0B0.13584312042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222089&group=rec.arts.tv#222089

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 13:58:43 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:58 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> LAW & ORDER - MOTHERSHIP
>
> I thought I told the DVR to stop recording this after the last horrible
> episode but apparently it didn’t listen.
>
> A surrogate mother from Ukraine murders the mother, of the baby she’s
> carrying so she can sell it to a higher bidder. And we’re supposed to feel
> sorry for her, because oh boo-hoo Ukraine. The female assistant ADA is
> especially useless, and after accusing her of deliberately trying to throw
> the case they tell her to either hand in her resignation, or start doing
> her job. She chooses the latter.

Maroun is gone?!?!

Damn!

Could have seen this coming. She's been taking the defense side of a lot
of cases for a while now. Maybe she and Erin Reagan can go hang out a
shingle together and fight for New York's criminals.

> We learned that whoever signs the birth certificate is the legal parent in
> New York even if they killed the mother and stole the baby.

That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works.

> We also learned that if you put away the legal mother for murder, the baby
> will spend its entire life in the prison with her. This seems... unlikely.

See above.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<atropos-A2BE3F.14003012042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222090&group=rec.arts.tv#222090

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:00:30 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 21:00 UTC

In article <uvbq30$2fjc3$1@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
> Garland. The movie is set in the near future where the United States is
> at the end of a brutal civil war. The plot follows 4 journalist as the
> make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
> interview with the President. I went in not knowing what to expect
> other than it was getting great reviews. I was taken aback by just how
> intense this movie is. It's like the opening of Saving Private Ryan
> mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or pretty
> much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat waiting
> to see who will die. This is almost non stop action and when the action
> does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller. I think this
> movie probably gave me PTSD! I also noticed, and I almost never notice
> this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of the best I've ever heard
> in a theater. This movie is definitely one for the theater, in the
> biggest screen with the best sound possible.

Didn't realize this was out now. Thanks.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvck75$2ktil$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222108&group=rec.arts.tv#222108

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:57:06 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 18:57 UTC

On 4/12/2024 11:16 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/12/24 10:12 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>

>> Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
>> Garland.  The movie is set in the near future where the United States
>> is at the end of a brutal civil war.  The plot follows 4 journalist as
>> the make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
>> interview with the President.  I went in not knowing what to expect
>> other than it was getting great reviews.  I was taken aback by just
>> how intense this movie is.  It's like the opening of Saving Private
>> Ryan mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or
>> pretty much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat
>> waiting to see who will die.  This is almost non stop action and when
>> the action does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller.
>> I think this movie probably gave me PTSD!  I also noticed, and I
>> almost never notice this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of
>> the best I've ever heard in a theater.  This movie is definitely one
>> for the theater, in the biggest screen with the best sound possible.
>
> Not true!! All the home theater nerds will tell you that if you have a
> good enough TV and sound system (IOW, top-of-the-line stuff), it will be
> better than any theater experience, save for IMAX.
>
> I believe they are now correct on this point (especially with
> top-of-the-line OLED TV, and a Dolby 5-7+-whatever speaker sound system).

I generally agree. My home audio system (to my ears at least) is as
good or better than the local theater. That's why this sound mix stood
out so much. Granted I did see it in a Dolby Theater which is obviously
going to have a top of the line sound system/mix. But this one in
particular stood out like no other.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<o1mj1jlkkd7d8h8eno9jv0njto0kaelsne@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222111&group=rec.arts.tv#222111

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 21:01:51 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 01:01 UTC

On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:57:06 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 4/12/2024 11:16 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 4/12/24 10:12 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>>
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
>>> Garland.  The movie is set in the near future where the United States
>>> is at the end of a brutal civil war.  The plot follows 4 journalist as
>>> the make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
>>> interview with the President.  I went in not knowing what to expect
>>> other than it was getting great reviews.  I was taken aback by just
>>> how intense this movie is.  It's like the opening of Saving Private
>>> Ryan mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or
>>> pretty much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat
>>> waiting to see who will die.  This is almost non stop action and when
>>> the action does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller.
>>> I think this movie probably gave me PTSD!  I also noticed, and I
>>> almost never notice this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of
>>> the best I've ever heard in a theater.  This movie is definitely one
>>> for the theater, in the biggest screen with the best sound possible.
>>
>> Not true!! All the home theater nerds will tell you that if you have a
>> good enough TV and sound system (IOW, top-of-the-line stuff), it will be
>> better than any theater experience, save for IMAX.
>>
>> I believe they are now correct on this point (especially with
>> top-of-the-line OLED TV, and a Dolby 5-7+-whatever speaker sound system).
>>

>I generally agree. My home audio system (to my ears at least) is as
>good or better than the local theater. That's why this sound mix stood
>out so much. Granted I did see it in a Dolby Theater which is obviously
>going to have a top of the line sound system/mix. But this one in
>particular stood out like no other.

The only problem I have with the theaters is they tend to overdo the
bass. I've seen this now in multiple theaters where the bass is turned
up enough to become almost painful at times. The latest offender was
Dune 2 at a local place that has the state of the art digital playback
system. It was great most of the time but there were a few times when
the sound really kicked that I winced. Still a great movie to see in a
theater.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvclig$2l3g2$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222112&group=rec.arts.tv#222112

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 18:02:11 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 01:02 UTC

On 4/12/2024 11:12 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/12/24 7:28 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>
>> On 4/12/2024 5:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> A 'How the Universe Works' rerun about dark matter and dark energy.
>> Basically we haven't got a clue what either one actually is.
>
> The dirty little secret is that they are both basically "fudge factors"
> in cosmology physics, to make the math work.
>
> IOW, we know there is *something* there, because the math doesn't make
> sense otherwise, but we have no idea what it actually is.

Well, its not really a "secret", all the astronomers, astrophysicists
and cosmologists on the show were flat out saying "We haven't got a clue
what these really are!".

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvclku$2l3g2$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222113&group=rec.arts.tv#222113

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 18:03:29 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 01:03 UTC

On 4/12/2024 9:59 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> NEXT EXIT (2022)
>
> Suggested by obvious. I gave it a shot because it has Karen Gillan in it.
>
> WARNING for Amy pond fans.
>
> She literally phones in her part which was filmed separately and appears on
> TV screens.
>
> A boring and wretchedly terrible movie. Amy Pond finds proof of the
> afterlife. Really stupid proof. A little kid says his father‘s ghost Plays
> a card game with him and no one but the dead father knew how to play this
> card game. Um,, I’m thinking the kid must’ve known how. And if nobody
> alive knew the rules how did they even know the ghost is doing it right?
>
> So Amy Pond and San Francisco in a fancy building we’ve seen in Canadian
> sci-fi before is asking for volunteers to commit suicide. Two people are
> coming from New York and so they buddy up and it becomes a road trip movie.
> With four days left across the country the pond institute Rents these
> people a car to drive. That’s absolutely ridiculous. And the route they
> take from New York to San Francisco. It just happens to go through where
> both there estranged parents live one of which is in Arizona!
>
> Stupid stupid stupid
>
> Just avoid it

You've seen, and reviewed, this before. I remember the "She literally
phones in her part" bit.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<1429999032.734663965.515526.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222120&group=rec.arts.tv#222120

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 18:22:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 01:22 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1708409895.734631909.322976.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> LAW & ORDER - MOTHERSHIP
>>
>> I thought I told the DVR to stop recording this after the last horrible
>> episode but apparently it didn’t listen.
>>
>> A surrogate mother from Ukraine murders the mother, of the baby she’s
>> carrying so she can sell it to a higher bidder. And we’re supposed to feel
>> sorry for her, because oh boo-hoo Ukraine. The female assistant ADA is
>> especially useless, and after accusing her of deliberately trying to throw
>> the case they tell her to either hand in her resignation, or start doing
>> her job. She chooses the latter.
>
> Maroun is gone?!?!
>
> Damn!

No, no, no. She chose the latter. The latter is to start doing her job.

> Could have seen this coming. She's been taking the defense side of a lot
> of cases for a while now. Maybe she and Erin Reagan can go hang out a
> shingle together and fight for New York's criminals.
>>
>> We learned that whoever signs the birth certificate is the legal parent in
>> New York even if they killed the mother and stole the baby.
>
> That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works.

I so hope they made that up.

>> We also learned that if you put away the legal mother for murder, the baby
>> will spend its entire life in the prison with her. This seems... unlikely.
>
> See above.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvcrqr$2pn09$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222125&group=rec.arts.tv#222125

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 19:48:59 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 02:48 UTC

On 4/12/24 6:03 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> On 4/12/2024 9:59 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> NEXT EXIT (2022)
>>
>> Suggested by obvious. I gave it a shot because it has Karen Gillan in it.
>>
>> WARNING for Amy pond fans.
>>
>> She literally phones in her part which was filmed separately and
>> appears on
>> TV screens.
>>
>> A boring and wretchedly terrible movie. Amy Pond finds proof of the
>> afterlife. Really stupid proof. A little kid says his father‘s ghost
>> Plays
>> a card game with him and no one but the dead father knew how to play this
>> card game.  Um,, I’m thinking the kid must’ve known how. And if nobody
>> alive knew the rules how did they even know the ghost is doing it right?
>>
>> So Amy Pond and San Francisco in a fancy building we’ve seen in Canadian
>> sci-fi before is asking for volunteers to commit suicide. Two people are
>> coming from New York and so they buddy up and it becomes a road trip
>> movie.
>> With four days left across the country the pond institute Rents these
>> people a car to drive. That’s absolutely ridiculous. And the route they
>> take from New York to San Francisco. It just happens to go through where
>> both there estranged parents live one of which is in Arizona!
>>
>> Stupid stupid stupid
>>
>> Just avoid it
>
> You've seen, and reviewed, this before.  I remember the "She literally
> phones in her part" bit.

He has use the term before, yes, but not for an Amy Pond flick, AFAICR...

I myself have been tempted to use the term myself, in those Lifetime
pics from Hybrid where Eric Roberts, Jackee or Vivica are pretty much
"phoning in" their lines, which are then spliced together into scenes
with the actors in those films who actually show up on set! later in
editing.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<1537917845.734670834.420557.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222129&group=rec.arts.tv#222129

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:24:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 03:24 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 4/12/2024 9:59 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> NEXT EXIT (2022)
>>
>> Suggested by obvious. I gave it a shot because it has Karen Gillan in it.
>>
>> WARNING for Amy pond fans.
>>
>> She literally phones in her part which was filmed separately and appears on
>> TV screens.
>>
>> A boring and wretchedly terrible movie. Amy Pond finds proof of the
>> afterlife. Really stupid proof. A little kid says his father‘s ghost Plays
>> a card game with him and no one but the dead father knew how to play this
>> card game. Um,, I’m thinking the kid must’ve known how. And if nobody
>> alive knew the rules how did they even know the ghost is doing it right?
>>
>> So Amy Pond and San Francisco in a fancy building we’ve seen in Canadian
>> sci-fi before is asking for volunteers to commit suicide. Two people are
>> coming from New York and so they buddy up and it becomes a road trip movie.
>> With four days left across the country the pond institute Rents these
>> people a car to drive. That’s absolutely ridiculous. And the route they
>> take from New York to San Francisco. It just happens to go through where
>> both there estranged parents live one of which is in Arizona!
>>
>> Stupid stupid stupid
>>
>> Just avoid it
>>
> You've seen, and reviewed, this before. I remember the "She literally
> phones in her part" bit.

I expect I have, but not for this particular film.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<672045623.734670894.715878.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222132&group=rec.arts.tv#222132

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:24:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 03:24 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/12/24 6:03 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> NEXT EXIT (2022)
>>>
>>> Suggested by obvious. I gave it a shot because it has Karen Gillan in it.
>>>
>>> WARNING for Amy pond fans.
>>>
>>> She literally phones in her part which was filmed separately and
>>> appears on
>>> TV screens.
>>>
>>> A boring and wretchedly terrible movie. Amy Pond finds proof of the
>>> afterlife. Really stupid proof. A little kid says his father‘s ghost
>>> Plays
>>> a card game with him and no one but the dead father knew how to play this
>>> card game.  Um,, I’m thinking the kid must’ve known how. And if nobody
>>> alive knew the rules how did they even know the ghost is doing it right?
>>>
>>> So Amy Pond and San Francisco in a fancy building we’ve seen in Canadian
>>> sci-fi before is asking for volunteers to commit suicide. Two people are
>>> coming from New York and so they buddy up and it becomes a road trip
>>> movie.
>>> With four days left across the country the pond institute Rents these
>>> people a car to drive. That’s absolutely ridiculous. And the route they
>>> take from New York to San Francisco. It just happens to go through where
>>> both there estranged parents live one of which is in Arizona!
>>>
>>> Stupid stupid stupid
>>>
>>> Just avoid it
>>
>> You've seen, and reviewed, this before.  I remember the "She literally
>> phones in her part" bit.
>
> He has use the term before, yes, but not for an Amy Pond flick, AFAICR...

Nope. You are correct, sir.

> I myself have been tempted to use the term myself, in those Lifetime
> pics from Hybrid where Eric Roberts, Jackee or Vivica are pretty much
> "phoning in" their lines, which are then spliced together into scenes
> with the actors in those films who actually show up on set! later in
> editing.

We probably can think of a better term for that.

In this movie, Amy Pond is just being shown on TV in the background. She’s
not even phoning it in. There’s no interaction with the boring characters
she’s intending to kill.

I’m still trying to think what shows we’ve seen her headquarters building
in.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<rc-dndorfalyfoD7nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222391&group=rec.arts.tv#222391

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 02:35:27 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 02:35 UTC

On Apr 12, 2024 at 10:12:56 AM PDT, "Arthur Lipscomb"
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 4/12/2024 7:28 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 4/12/2024 5:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>
>> A 'How the Universe Works' rerun about dark matter and dark energy.
>> Basically we haven't got a clue what either one actually is.
>
> Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
> Garland. The movie is set in the near future where the United States is
> at the end of a brutal civil war. The plot follows 4 journalist as the
> make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
> interview with the President. I went in not knowing what to expect
> other than it was getting great reviews. I was taken aback by just how
> intense this movie is. It's like the opening of Saving Private Ryan
> mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or pretty
> much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat waiting
> to see who will die. This is almost non stop action and when the action
> does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller. I think this
> movie probably gave me PTSD! I also noticed, and I almost never notice
> this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of the best I've ever heard
> in a theater. This movie is definitely one for the theater, in the
> biggest screen with the best sound possible.

Saw this last night. It was a lot better than I was expecting, especially
given the protagonists were journalists. I was expecting long preachy
monologues about 'progressive' politics. There was literally none of that in
this movie and it was quite a refreshing change.

It was also a lot more action-oriented than I expected. I figured there'd be a
few action set pieces but not the constant barrage from one scene to the
next.

In the scene with the soldiers burying the bodies in a mass grave, couldn't
figure out why Dunst didn't just tell her husband to let them all go or he'd
be sleeping on the couch for a long time.

It's still weird seeing Ron Swanson as the head of the entire massive United
States bureaucracy.

As for the ending, it was all very exciting and all, but completely
unrealistic.

SPOILERS:

Ba gur jnl bhg bs gur gurngre, gur tveysevraq jnf nfxvat zr jul gur cerfvqrag
jnf uvqvat oruvaq uvf qrfx va gur Biny Bssvpr; jbhyqa'g gur Frperg Freivpr
unir gnxra uvz qbja vagb gur ohaxre?

Jryy, lrf naq ab. Pregnvayl ol gung cbvag, gur HFFF jbhyqa'g unir whfg orra
pebhpuvat va gur Biny Bssvpr jvgu fznyy nezf jnvgvat gb svtug bss na ragver
zvyvgnel qvivfvba. Ohg gur CRBP vf whfg sbe n penfu rinphngvba jura lbh bayl
unir zvahgrf gb trg gb fnsrgl. Fbzrguvat yvxr 9-11 be gur fpranevb va BYLZCHF
UNF SNYYRA.

Ernyvfgvpnyyl va guvf fvghngvba, gur cerfvqrag jbhyq unir orra rinphngrq gb
Zbhag Jrngure orsber gur rarzl sbeprf rira tbg pybfr gb QP naq vg jbhyq gnxr n
qverpg uvg sebz n ahxr gb trg gb uvz bapr gubfr qbbef ner frnyrq. Gurer'f
rabhtu sbbq naq jngre va gurer gb ynfg 15 lrnef. Ybatre vs ur qbrfa'g oevat
gur jubyr ragbhentr nybat. Naq ybgf bs urnil beqanapr va gurer, gbb. Pregnvayl
zber guna n srj yvtug znpuvar thaf.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvod19$1j6pg$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222467&group=rec.arts.tv#222467

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

In article <uvbgf7$2ddof$1@dont-email.me>, dtravel@sonic.net wrote:
> On 4/12/2024 5:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

>> What did you watch?
>
>A 'How the Universe Works' rerun about dark matter and dark energy.
>Basically we haven't got a clue what either one actually is.

As I understand it, it's the behavior of light and gravity at galactic
distances and the expansion of the universe.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvod74$1j6pg$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222468&group=rec.arts.tv#222468

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 04:30:46 -0400

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>> Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
>> Garland. The movie is set in the near future where the United States is
>> at the end of a brutal civil war. The plot follows 4 journalist as the
>> make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
>> interview with the President. I went in not knowing what to expect
>> other than it was getting great reviews. I was taken aback by just how
>> intense this movie is. It's like the opening of Saving Private Ryan
>> mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or pretty
>> much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat waiting
>> to see who will die. This is almost non stop action and when the action
>> does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller. I think this
>> movie probably gave me PTSD! I also noticed, and I almost never notice
>> this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of the best I've ever heard
>> in a theater. This movie is definitely one for the theater, in the
>> biggest screen with the best sound possible.
>
>Didn't realize this was out now. Thanks.

I thought I posted reviews on YouTube recently.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvodck$1j6pg$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222469&group=rec.arts.tv#222469

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 04:30:47 -0400

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>ARGYLE.
>The first thing I found on Apple TV that they didn't make me pay all the
>cart for. It looks silly and interesting and potentially fun, and I set it
>aside to watch another time when I was't about to fall asleep.

You'll be sorrrry...

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<uvsebp$2hudt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222679&group=rec.arts.tv#222679

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:52:11 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:52 UTC

On 4/15/2024 7:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2024 at 10:12:56 AM PDT, "Arthur Lipscomb"
> <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> A 'How the Universe Works' rerun about dark matter and dark energy.
>>> Basically we haven't got a clue what either one actually is.
>>
>> Civil War (theatrical) New war movie written and directed by Alex
>> Garland. The movie is set in the near future where the United States is
>> at the end of a brutal civil war. The plot follows 4 journalist as the
>> make their way from New York to D.C. for what they hope will be an
>> interview with the President. I went in not knowing what to expect
>> other than it was getting great reviews. I was taken aback by just how
>> intense this movie is. It's like the opening of Saving Private Ryan
>> mixed with the opening Farm House scene in Inglorious Basterds or pretty
>> much any Tarantino flick where you are on the edge of your seat waiting
>> to see who will die. This is almost non stop action and when the action
>> does stop, then it becomes an edge of your seat thriller. I think this
>> movie probably gave me PTSD! I also noticed, and I almost never notice
>> this, but the sound mix on this movie is one of the best I've ever heard
>> in a theater. This movie is definitely one for the theater, in the
>> biggest screen with the best sound possible.
>
> Saw this last night. It was a lot better than I was expecting, especially
> given the protagonists were journalists. I was expecting long preachy
> monologues about 'progressive' politics. There was literally none of that in
> this movie and it was quite a refreshing change.
>
> It was also a lot more action-oriented than I expected. I figured there'd be a
> few action set pieces but not the constant barrage from one scene to the
> next.
>
> In the scene with the soldiers burying the bodies in a mass grave, couldn't
> figure out why Dunst didn't just tell her husband to let them all go or he'd
> be sleeping on the couch for a long time.

He was a last minute replacement when the original actor pulled out. I
had completely forgot the two were married until after the movie.

> It's still weird seeing Ron Swanson as the head of the entire massive United
> States bureaucracy.
>
> As for the ending, it was all very exciting and all, but completely
> unrealistic.
>
> SPOILERS:
>
> Ba gur jnl bhg bs gur gurngre, gur tveysevraq jnf nfxvat zr jul gur cerfvqrag
> jnf uvqvat oruvaq uvf qrfx va gur Biny Bssvpr; jbhyqa'g gur Frperg Freivpr
> unir gnxra uvz qbja vagb gur ohaxre?
>
> Jryy, lrf naq ab. Pregnvayl ol gung cbvag, gur HFFF jbhyqa'g unir whfg orra
> pebhpuvat va gur Biny Bssvpr jvgu fznyy nezf jnvgvat gb svtug bss na ragver
> zvyvgnel qvivfvba. Ohg gur CRBP vf whfg sbe n penfu rinphngvba jura lbh bayl
> unir zvahgrf gb trg gb fnsrgl. Fbzrguvat yvxr 9-11 be gur fpranevb va BYLZCHF
> UNF SNYYRA.
>
> Ernyvfgvpnyyl va guvf fvghngvba, gur cerfvqrag jbhyq unir orra rinphngrq gb
> Zbhag Jrngure orsber gur rarzl sbeprf rira tbg pybfr gb QP naq vg jbhyq gnxr n
> qverpg uvg sebz n ahxr gb trg gb uvz bapr gubfr qbbef ner frnyrq. Gurer'f
> rabhtu sbbq naq jngre va gurer gb ynfg 15 lrnef. Ybatre vs ur qbrfa'g oevat
> gur jubyr ragbhentr nybat. Naq ybgf bs urnil beqanapr va gurer, gbb. Pregnvayl
> zber guna n srj yvtug znpuvar thaf.

I think there are a couple of explanations for this.
Sebz gur fgneg ur jnf oebnqpnfgvat cebcntnaqn nobhg ubj uvf fvqr jnf
jvaavat gur jne. Ur znl unir oryvrirq uvf bja yvrf fb ehaavat naq uvqvat
va n zbhagnva jbhyq or n irel ivfvoyr naq gnatvoyr cebbs gung ur unq ybfg.

Nyfb, gurl fnvq gur zvyvgnel fheeraqrerq. Cerfhznoyl gung vapyhqrq
jubrire jnf va pbageby bs Zbhag Jrngure. Fb rira vs ur jnagrq gb tb gb
Zbhag Jrngure, ur pbhyqa'g.

Naq rira va gur erny jbeyq jura tbireazragf snyy gur yrnqre vf bsgra
qenttrq bhg bs gur cerfvqragvny cnynpr, be fbzr arneol cynpr gurl syrq.
Abg fbzr ohaxre, onggyr fuvc be fhoznevar. Gurl fgnl va gurve
erfcrpgvir pncvgny pvgl hagvy gur ovggre raq.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-11 (Thursday)

<atropos-F202DB.13225219042024@ec2-18-101-80-69.eu-south-2.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222757&group=rec.arts.tv#222757

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:22:52 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:22 UTC

In article <uvsebp$2hudt$1@dont-email.me>,
> [...]

> > vs ur qbrfa'g oevat gur jubyr ragbhentr nybat. Naq ybgf bs urnil beqanapr
> > va gurer, gbb. Pregnvayl zber guna n srj yvtug znpuvar thaf.

> I think there are a couple of explanations for this.
> Sebz gur fgneg ur jnf oebnqpnfgvat cebcntnaqn nobhg ubj uvf fvqr jnf
> jvaavat gur jne. Ur znl unir oryvrirq uvf bja yvrf fb ehaavat naq uvqvat
> va n zbhagnva jbhyq or n irel ivfvoyr naq gnatvoyr cebbs gung ur unq ybfg.
>
> Nyfb, gurl fnvq gur zvyvgnel fheeraqrerq. Cerfhznoyl gung vapyhqrq
> jubrire jnf va pbageby bs Zbhag Jrngure. Fb rira vs ur jnagrq gb tb gb
> Zbhag Jrngure, ur pbhyqa'g.
>
> Naq rira va gur erny jbeyq jura tbireazragf snyy gur yrnqre vf bsgra
> qenttrq bhg bs gur cerfvqragvny cnynpr, be fbzr arneol cynpr gurl syrq.
> Abg fbzr ohaxre, onggyr fuvc be fhoznevar. Gurl fgnl va gurve
> erfcrpgvir pncvgny pvgl hagvy gur ovggre raq.

Rkprcg jvgu bhe flfgrz, gur cerfvqrag qbrfa'g unir n pubvpr. Vs gur
Frperg Freivpr oryvrirf vg'f arprffnel, gurl qba'g nfx. Gurl whfg qb.

Yvxr Purarl fnvq ba 9-11 jura ur jnf rinphngrq sebz gur Juvgr Ubhfr
pbzcyrk gb Zbhag Jrngure, "Zl bssvpr qbbe ohefg bcra naq zl Frperg
Freivpr qrgnvy ena va naq chyyrq zr bhg bs zl punve. Zl srrg qvqa'g
gbhpu gur tebhaq hagvy jr bhgfvqr gur pnef."