From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
Subject: Saturday Night Live Is Not Funny | Joe Rogan & Neal Brennan
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:39:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:39 UTC

Neal Brennan is a stand-up comic, actor, writer, director, and host of the
podcast "Blocks." Catch his new special, "Neal Brennan: Crazy Good," on
Netflix.

Host: Joe Rogan

Producer: Jamie Vernon

Full Podcast here: https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Saturday Night Live Is Not Funny | Joe Rogan & Neal Brennan

<20240419222413.000070df@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222780&group=rec.arts.tv#222780

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:24:13 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 02:24 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:39:41 -0400
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Neal Brennan is a stand-up comic, actor, writer, director, and host
> of the podcast "Blocks." Catch his new special, "Neal Brennan: Crazy
> Good," on Netflix.
>
> Host: Joe Rogan
>
> Producer: Jamie Vernon
>
> Full Podcast here:
> https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk

Like beauty, funny is in the eye of the beholder. I personally haven't
found SNL funny in many decades. The only bits I particularly liked
were when Eddie Murphy mocked Michael Jackson by pulling out a
Michael Jackson doll and noting that it was anatomically correct - it
had no genitals at all. Also, some of the musical performances in the
early days were good.

Somehow, SNL became a tradition and keeps getting renewed for no
obvious reason. Does it actually have good ratings or is it just kept
going because it is reliably leftist in its sentiments and tone?

--
Rhino

Re: Saturday Night Live Is Not Funny | Joe Rogan & Neal Brennan

<6P6cnZ9ww5xUt777nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222781&group=rec.arts.tv#222781

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 02:39:05 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 02:39 UTC

On Apr 19, 2024 at 7:24:13 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:39:41 -0400
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Neal Brennan is a stand-up comic, actor, writer, director, and host
>> of the podcast "Blocks." Catch his new special, "Neal Brennan: Crazy
>> Good," on Netflix.
>>
>> Host: Joe Rogan
>>
>> Producer: Jamie Vernon
>>
>> Full Podcast here:
>> https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk
>>
> Like beauty, funny is in the eye of the beholder. I personally haven't
> found SNL funny in many decades. The only bits I particularly liked
> were when Eddie Murphy mocked Michael Jackson by pulling out a
> Michael Jackson doll and noting that it was anatomically correct - it
> had no genitals at all. Also, some of the musical performances in the
> early days were good.
>
> Somehow, SNL became a tradition and keeps getting renewed for no
> obvious reason. Does it actually have good ratings or is it just kept
> going because it is reliably leftist in its sentiments and tone?

The Weekend Update fake newscast is still usually funny, even if most of the
jokes are biased in favor of leftists. I particularly like the bit where Colin
Jost and Michael Che each have to read jokes they've never seen before which
were written by the other guy. Those are genuinely laugh-out-loud hilarious.

But the rest of the show? I rarely crack and smile and the musical acts are
usually horrendous. Most are some version of rap or hip hop. I'd rather listen
to five minutes of fingernails scratching a chalkboard than that.

Re: Saturday Night Live Is Not Funny | Joe Rogan & Neal Brennan

<17c7fb9af720a68f$168429$197378$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222800&group=rec.arts.tv#222800

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 07:07:05 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 12:07 UTC

On 4/19/24 9:39 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2024 at 7:24:13 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:39:41 -0400
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Neal Brennan is a stand-up comic, actor, writer, director, and host
>>> of the podcast "Blocks." Catch his new special, "Neal Brennan: Crazy
>>> Good," on Netflix.
>>>
>>> Host: Joe Rogan
>>>
>>> Producer: Jamie Vernon
>>>
>>> Full Podcast here:
>>> https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk
>>>
>> Like beauty, funny is in the eye of the beholder. I personally haven't
>> found SNL funny in many decades. The only bits I particularly liked
>> were when Eddie Murphy mocked Michael Jackson by pulling out a
>> Michael Jackson doll and noting that it was anatomically correct - it
>> had no genitals at all. Also, some of the musical performances in the
>> early days were good.
>>
>> Somehow, SNL became a tradition and keeps getting renewed for no
>> obvious reason. Does it actually have good ratings or is it just kept
>> going because it is reliably leftist in its sentiments and tone?
>
> The Weekend Update fake newscast is still usually funny, even if most of the
> jokes are biased in favor of leftists.

Yeah, right wing guys tend to be about as funny as cancer. Humor is
highly subjective though so you seem extra stupid today acting like
you're the final arbiter of what's "funny."