There is very little future in being right when your boss is wrong.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Kelly Clarkson

SubjectAuthor
* Kelly ClarksonBTR1701
+- Re: Kelly ClarksonIan J. Ball
+* Re: Kelly ClarksonAdam H. Kerman
|`* Re: Kelly Clarksondanny burstein
| `* Re: Kelly ClarksonAdam H. Kerman
|  `- Re: Kelly Clarksondanny burstein
+- Re: Kelly Clarksonshawn
+* Re: Kelly Clarksonanim8rfsk
|`* Re: Kelly ClarksonRhino
| `* Re: Kelly Clarksonanim8rfsk
|  `* Re: Kelly ClarksonDimensional Traveler
|   `- Re: Kelly Clarksonanim8rfsk
`- Re: Kelly Clarksontrotsky

1
Kelly Clarkson

<atropos-11F34F.14374818042024@ec2-18-101-80-69.eu-south-2.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222656&group=rec.arts.tv#222656

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Kelly Clarkson
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:37:48 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:37 UTC

Today I watched 20 minutes or so of the KELLY CLARKSON show in the lobby
of Jiffy Lube while I was waiting to get my oil changed.

Holy schnikees, has that girl lost a lot of weight. She was always kind
of chubby even during her AMERICAN IDOL days, but then she really
ballooned up and became fully morbidly obese. But she walks on screen
today and she must have lost the equivalent to an entire Backstreet Boy
in weight.

Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight loss
seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<uvs52s$2fva0$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222660&group=rec.arts.tv#222660

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Kelly Clarkson
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:58:52 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:58 UTC

On 4/18/24 2:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> Today I watched 20 minutes or so of the KELLY CLARKSON show in the
> lobby of Jiffy Lube while I was waiting to get my oil changed.
>
> Holy schnikees, has that girl lost a lot of weight. She was always
> kind of chubby even during her AMERICAN IDOL days,

Not really true - when she won Idol, she was pretty thin back then.

> but then she
> really ballooned up and became fully morbidly obese. But she walks on
> screen today and she must have lost the equivalent to an entire
> Backstreet Boy in weight.
>
> Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight loss
> seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.

She definitely took 10 years off her looks by losing that weight - She
used to look 40. Now she could easily pass for late 20s. It's impressive.

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<uvs782$2gia3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222667&group=rec.arts.tv#222667

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:35:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:35 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Today I watched 20 minutes or so of the KELLY CLARKSON show in the lobby
>of Jiffy Lube while I was waiting to get my oil changed.

>Holy schnikees, has that girl lost a lot of weight. She was always kind
>of chubby even during her AMERICAN IDOL days, but then she really
>ballooned up and became fully morbidly obese. But she walks on screen
>today and she must have lost the equivalent to an entire Backstreet Boy
>in weight.

>Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight loss
>seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.

For no particular reason, I thought of Kelly Carlson, who was on
Nip/Tuck, desperate to look younger with plastic surgery (despite not
being old in any way), but that's somebody else.

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<uvs7rt$df0$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222668&group=rec.arts.tv#222668

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:46:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:46 UTC

In <uvs782$2gia3$1@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

[snip]

>>Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight loss
>>seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.

>For no particular reason, I thought of Kelly Carlson, who was on
>Nip/Tuck, desperate to look younger with plastic surgery (despite not
>being old in any way), but that's somebody else.

you're thinking of Paula Poundstone and Kathy Griffin lined
up for plastic surgery in the tv show Major Crimes...

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<uvs8ea$2gia3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222670&group=rec.arts.tv#222670

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:56:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:56 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

>[snip]

>>>Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight loss
>>>seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.

>>For no particular reason, I thought of Kelly Carlson, who was on
>>Nip/Tuck, desperate to look younger with plastic surgery (despite not
>>being old in any way), but that's somebody else.

>you're thinking of Paula Poundstone and Kathy Griffin lined
>up for plastic surgery in the tv show Major Crimes...

I disliked that show, so you whooshed me.

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<uvs8jk$m81$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222671&group=rec.arts.tv#222671

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:59:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:59 UTC

In <uvs8ea$2gia3$2@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

[snip]

>>>For no particular reason, I thought of Kelly Carlson, who was on
>>>Nip/Tuck, desperate to look younger with plastic surgery (despite not
>>>being old in any way), but that's somebody else.

>>you're thinking of Paula Poundstone and Kathy Griffin lined
>>up for plastic surgery in the tv show Major Crimes...

>I disliked that show, so you whooshed me.

It was a pleasant enough time waster, especially
when compared to its predecessor "The Whiner"
("The Closer")...

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<ifa32j9oeljhme9ehtba7m3rqtcba8rtes@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222672&group=rec.arts.tv#222672

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:17:21 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:17 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:37:48 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Today I watched 20 minutes or so of the KELLY CLARKSON show in the lobby
>of Jiffy Lube while I was waiting to get my oil changed.
>
>Holy schnikees, has that girl lost a lot of weight. She was always kind
>of chubby even during her AMERICAN IDOL days, but then she really
>ballooned up and became fully morbidly obese. But she walks on screen
>today and she must have lost the equivalent to an entire Backstreet Boy
>in weight.
>
>Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight loss
>seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.

Seems to be the case.
https://www.today.com/health/kelly-clarkson-weight-loss-rcna131969

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<1849123021.735186584.338703.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222687&group=rec.arts.tv#222687

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:33:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 02:33 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> Today I watched 20 minutes or so of the KELLY CLARKSON show in the lobby
> of Jiffy Lube while I was waiting to get my oil changed.
>
> Holy schnikees, has that girl lost a lot of weight. She was always kind
> of chubby even during her AMERICAN IDOL days, but then she really
> ballooned up and became fully morbidly obese. But she walks on screen
> today and she must have lost the equivalent to an entire Backstreet Boy
> in weight.
>
> Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight loss
> seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.

A game I play on the iPhone has weight loss commercials, supposedly
featuring Clarkson between every round so I see them a lot. They’re
completely fake. They’ve taken random footage of her and replaced the
mouths and written dialogue by people that don’t speak English so what she
saying doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. For instance, she says her name
is Shark Tank at one point.

Anyway, they say she lost all the weight, eating magic gummy’s. Just take
one gummy each day and lose 50 pounds in three weeks. As though that would
be survivable. Dr. Oz comes in to verify what she’s saying.

And every day is the very last day to have them send you a bottle for free
if you just send them like 50 bucks.

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<rQqUN.8261$moa7.7495@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222699&group=rec.arts.tv#222699

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:29:58 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:29 UTC

On 4/18/24 4:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Today I watched 20 minutes or so of the KELLY CLARKSON show in the lobby
> of Jiffy Lube while I was waiting to get my oil changed.
>
> Holy schnikees, has that girl lost a lot of weight. She was always kind
> of chubby even during her AMERICAN IDOL days, but then she really
> ballooned up and became fully morbidly obese.

Can you explain what the converse, "partially morbidly obese" would mean
then? Holy fuck, how can anyone with an alleged college education be
that fucking stupid with his use of the language? This is why you're
"fully morbidly MAGA" now, because they're accepting that sound as
stupid as a fucking doorknob.

But she walks on screen
> today and she must have lost the equivalent to an entire Backstreet Boy
> in weight.
>
> Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight loss
> seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<20240419221833.00003b2a@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222779&group=rec.arts.tv#222779

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:18:33 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 02:18 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:33:31 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > Today I watched 20 minutes or so of the KELLY CLARKSON show in the
> > lobby of Jiffy Lube while I was waiting to get my oil changed.
> >
> > Holy schnikees, has that girl lost a lot of weight. She was always
> > kind of chubby even during her AMERICAN IDOL days, but then she
> > really ballooned up and became fully morbidly obese. But she walks
> > on screen today and she must have lost the equivalent to an entire
> > Backstreet Boy in weight.
> >
> > Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight
> > loss seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.
> >

> A game I play on the iPhone has weight loss commercials, supposedly
> featuring Clarkson between every round so I see them a lot. They’re
> completely fake. They’ve taken random footage of her and replaced the
> mouths and written dialogue by people that don’t speak English so
> what she saying doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. For instance, she
> says her name is Shark Tank at one point.
>
> Anyway, they say she lost all the weight, eating magic gummy’s. Just
> take one gummy each day and lose 50 pounds in three weeks. As though
> that would be survivable. Dr. Oz comes in to verify what she’s saying.
>
> And every day is the very last day to have them send you a bottle for
> free if you just send them like 50 bucks.

At one point, I got curious about this keto diet, which they promise is
completely safe and guaranteed to lose you weight in record time. It
took very little research to determine that this is NOT a safe diet
and definitely one you should not be on for more than a couple of
weeks. Even then, you put various internal organs at risk. I don't
remember the details at this point but anyone thinking of trying it
should absolutely do some basic research on keto diets - NOT just the
claims they make in the ads!!! - before trying it.

--
Rhino

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<1555207376.735315369.827605.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222806&group=rec.arts.tv#222806

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 07:17:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 14:17 UTC

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:33:31 -0700
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>> Today I watched 20 minutes or so of the KELLY CLARKSON show in the
>>> lobby of Jiffy Lube while I was waiting to get my oil changed.
>>>
>>> Holy schnikees, has that girl lost a lot of weight. She was always
>>> kind of chubby even during her AMERICAN IDOL days, but then she
>>> really ballooned up and became fully morbidly obese. But she walks
>>> on screen today and she must have lost the equivalent to an entire
>>> Backstreet Boy in weight.
>>>
>>> Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight
>>> loss seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.
>>>

>> A game I play on the iPhone has weight loss commercials, supposedly
>> featuring Clarkson between every round so I see them a lot. They’re
>> completely fake. They’ve taken random footage of her and replaced the
>> mouths and written dialogue by people that don’t speak English so
>> what she saying doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. For instance, she
>> says her name is Shark Tank at one point.
>>
>> Anyway, they say she lost all the weight, eating magic gummy’s. Just
>> take one gummy each day and lose 50 pounds in three weeks. As though
>> that would be survivable. Dr. Oz comes in to verify what she’s saying.
>>
>> And every day is the very last day to have them send you a bottle for
>> free if you just send them like 50 bucks.
>>

> At one point, I got curious about this keto diet, which they promise is
> completely safe and guaranteed to lose you weight in record time. It
> took very little research to determine that this is NOT a safe diet
> and definitely one you should not be on for more than a couple of
> weeks. Even then, you put various internal organs at risk. I don't
> remember the details at this point but anyone thinking of trying it
> should absolutely do some basic research on keto diets - NOT just the
> claims they make in the ads!!! - before trying it.

By the way, the foreign language writing is so bad that she actually says
what she’s trying to sell you is a scam!

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<v00l3k$3ng9h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222818&group=rec.arts.tv#222818

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 07:56:53 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 14:56 UTC

On 4/20/2024 7:17 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:33:31 -0700
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> A game I play on the iPhone has weight loss commercials, supposedly
>>> featuring Clarkson between every round so I see them a lot. They’re
>>> completely fake. They’ve taken random footage of her and replaced the
>>> mouths and written dialogue by people that don’t speak English so
>>> what she saying doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. For instance, she
>>> says her name is Shark Tank at one point.
>>>
>>> Anyway, they say she lost all the weight, eating magic gummy’s. Just
>>> take one gummy each day and lose 50 pounds in three weeks. As though
>>> that would be survivable. Dr. Oz comes in to verify what she’s saying.
>>>
>>> And every day is the very last day to have them send you a bottle for
>>> free if you just send them like 50 bucks.
>>>

>> At one point, I got curious about this keto diet, which they promise is
>> completely safe and guaranteed to lose you weight in record time. It
>> took very little research to determine that this is NOT a safe diet
>> and definitely one you should not be on for more than a couple of
>> weeks. Even then, you put various internal organs at risk. I don't
>> remember the details at this point but anyone thinking of trying it
>> should absolutely do some basic research on keto diets - NOT just the
>> claims they make in the ads!!! - before trying it.
>>

> By the way, the foreign language writing is so bad that she actually says
> what she’s trying to sell you is a scam!

Translation done in some 'metric country that actually obeys truth in
advertising laws?

dirty old man.

Re: Kelly Clarkson

<736538538.735322519.980099.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222837&group=rec.arts.tv#222837

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 12:25:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:25 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 4/20/2024 7:17 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> At one point, I got curious about this keto diet, which they promise is
>>> completely safe and guaranteed to lose you weight in record time. It
>>> took very little research to determine that this is NOT a safe diet
>>> and definitely one you should not be on for more than a couple of
>>> weeks. Even then, you put various internal organs at risk. I don't
>>> remember the details at this point but anyone thinking of trying it
>>> should absolutely do some basic research on keto diets - NOT just the
>>> claims they make in the ads!!! - before trying it.
>>>

>> By the way, the foreign language writing is so bad that she actually says
>> what she’s trying to sell you is a scam!
>>
> Translation done in some 'metric country that actually obeys truth in
> advertising laws?

As far as I know, there aren’t any truth in advertising laws anymore and
there never were as many as people thought.

If there are they simply go unenforced like crime in California.