I will not forget you.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
| |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
| | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
|   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
|    +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
|    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
|     `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)shawn
 |+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 ||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)shawn
 || `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 ||  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)shawn
 ||   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 ||    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)shawn
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)The Horny Goat
    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)Adam H. Kerman
     `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)shawn

Pages:12
What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<UBI20240422@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222918&group=rec.arts.tv#222918

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

I watched:

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

NIGHT STAND WITH DICK DIETRICK: "Sexaholics" (pilot):
Dick's pilot, featuring Bob -- who is sick and needs help
https://youtu.be/43H6lp_IJqI?si=lAL4CLVfiZBgkP_-

LIFE LIBERTY & LEVIN:
Mark is joined by director of the Allison Center for National Security at The
Heritage Foundation Robert Greenway to discuss escalating tensions in the
Middle East and China. Plus, Professor at Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
Steven Calabresi on the criminal and civil cases against Trump.

KRAPOPOLIS:
Muse Your Illusion". A plague of Muses descends upon Krapopolis. Deliria
struggles to endure Shlub's centennial molting.
I liked this one, but Shlub's molting is millennial, not centennial. I liked
how the Muses were limited to people who would care at the end. Were there
other Muses flying around elsewhere?

SPACE:1999:
"Another Time, Another Place". After an encounter with a space-time anomaly,
the Alphans find their Moon back in the Solar System on a course to re-enter
Earth orbit. The celebration ends when it becomes apparent Earth is an
inhospitable wasteland. The mystery deepens when they discover a duplicate
Moon already in orbit with a duplicate Moonbase Alpha lying empty and
deserted.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<v05ojl$vjk5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222929&group=rec.arts.tv#222929

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 06:27:17 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 13:27 UTC

On 4/22/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

Fallout (Prime) - "The Ghouls" (ep. #1.4). No Maximus this episode - the
focus is on Lucy, and Norm.
In the Wastelands, Lucy is still held captive by The Ghoul, who
continues to treat her badly. The Ghoul intends to sell Lucy to replace
his stash of... whatever chemical keeps him "alive". So he takes her to
some place in the L.A. area. Once traded, Lucy seems to be treated well
by a robot, who replaces a finger of hers that the Ghoul cut off. But it
turns out, she's there to have her organs harvested (why replace her
finger, then?!). Of course, Lucy manages to escape, which leads to the
destruction of the robot, and its two wasteoid human masters. Lucy takes
pity on The Ghoul (big mistake!) before leaving.
Meanwhile, after one of the Raiders says something to Norm, he
becomes suspicious of what really happened in Vault 32. So he drags Chet
with him over to Vault 32 to investigate. There they determine that
something drove the denizens of Vault 32 mad (some experiment they were
doing?...), and they killed each other. And how did the Raiders get into
Vault 32? - They used Norm's and Lucy's mom's code, *from the outside*!
Unfortunately, I'm thinking it unlikely that I will be able to get
to episode #5 on Monday...

golf - Well, this was a letdown. Not only did Scottie Scheffler's lead
expand on Day 4, but the end of the tournament was rained out, and
finishing the tournament was postponed until this morning... I just
checked, and Scheffler did indeed win it. :/

soaps: DOOL - Fri's ep. Not much happened. Primarily, when Constantine
mentions that his card is missing, Chad suspects his son, Thomas, but
Thomas denies it. With Chad out of the room, Constantine confronts
Thomas directly, and gets his card back... Meanwhile, Rafe is his usual
buttinsky self, and confronts Everett about not signing the divorce
papers. Later, though, Stephanie somehow convinces Everett to sign... as
"Robert Stein"! (Has the Robert Stein personality now been unleashed on
the world now?!!)

Have You Seen My Son? (Lifetime) - This was an OK-to-decent thriller. A
woman - a con just paroled to a halfway house - has amnesia of the crime
she was convinced of: killing her infant son. (With no body?! Come on!!...)
Anyway, with the help of her plucky parole con friend (Catherine
Lough Haggquist), the woman ducks her parole officer and the creepy
"counsellor" at the halfway house, and investigates what happened to her
son.
Yeah, the answer is pretty much what you'd expect, but it takes her
quite a while to get there.
I did like the complete scoundrel of parents/grandparents she goes
up against - frankly, she should have just wasted both of them!

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<v05t61$10fia$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222933&group=rec.arts.tv#222933

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 07:45:22 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 14:45 UTC

On 4/22/2024 6:27 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> What did you watch?

Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Netflix disc rip)
"Sherman, a young boy, misuses a time machine made by his scientist
father Mr. Peabody and causes the world history to go haywire. It is now
up to Mr. Peabody to rescue his son and the world." (IMDb)

Time Traveling Trivia!
The stuffed animal with which Sherman sleeps is Dudley Do-Right's horse
from another division of the Bullwinkleverse.
WABAC stands for Wavelength Acceleration Bi-directional Asynchronous
Controller. This is a nod to the early INIAC and UNIVAC computers. While
obviously being a reworking of the term "way back", the fancier meaning
was added when a viewer (being devoid of imagination) wanted to know
what "WABAC" meant. This term has entered the common lexicon. One
example is a WABAC-named website devoted to providing nostalgic content
for baby boomers.
Allison Janney, the voice of Ms. Grunion was born on 19 November 1959,
the day when The Bullwinkle Show (1959) debuted on television.
Much of the irreverence in this film is a direct reflection of the
original irreverence that permeated the various sub-shows within The
Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, which included Peabody episodes. The creator
/ producer Jay Ward would sometimes get in trouble because of this. For
one example, Bullwinkle tells the viewers to make sure to tune in next
time, advising them to make sure of this by gluing down the channel
knobs on their TV sets. A number of TV sets were destroyed by kid due to
this.
Just before the end credits, as the Trojan Horse is being pulled
off-screen, it is followed fittingly by the mustachioed little street
cleaner from the "parade" title sequence of the first Peabody's
Improbable History (1959) cartoons.
The glass monitors on the hallway to the WABAC hangar (and some of the
controls inside the WABAC) have symbols similar to the Gallifreyan
symbols seen in Doctor Who (2005).

Quotes: "Every dog should have a boy."

Spider-Man: No Way Home (DVR)
"With Spider-Man's identity now revealed, Peter asks Doctor Strange for
help. When a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to
appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man."
(IMDb)

Spider-Trivia!
Benedict Cumberbatch admitted to not reading the full script, wanting to
surprise himself with the final product.
J.K. Simmons had enjoyed playing J. Jonah Jameson in Sam Raimi's
Spider-Man Trilogy, and admitted to being heartbroken that he wouldn't
be able to revisit the character in a fourth movie. Naturally, when
Marvel approached him to reprise his role in Spider-Man: Far from Home
(2019)'s stinger and this film, he jumped at the chance. Simmons also
expressed excitement in adapting Jameson to the modern-day era,
describing him more as a media blowhard than a newspaper editor. To make
up for the fact that his character was now bald, Simmons insisted on
keeping Jameson's cigar and mustache for this film, due to wanting to
have some aspects from his portrayal in Sam Raimi's trilogy to carry
over in the MCU.
Tom Holland helped to save this movie from cancellation by forcing
renegotiations between Sony and Disney. Under the terms of the new deal,
not only does this movie still take place within the Marvel Cinematic
Universe (MCU), but Spider-Man can also appear in future MCU movies, as
well as Sony's own Spider-Man franchise.
According to Zendaya and Tom Holland, Willem Dafoe's portrayal of the
Green Goblin in this movie genuinely frightened everyone on-set, making
the characters' reactions to the Goblin's appearance in the actual film
all the more real.
Willem Dafoe went to the premiere wearing a green face mask. (There's
"method acting" and there's "METHOD acting". :P )
According to VFX Supervisor Kelly Port, there are only 80 shots that
don't have any visual effects in the entire film. (Is this where
someone compares Spider-Man to Jackie Chan? :P )
One of the film's working titles was "Serenity Now".
Immediately after filming his scenes for this film in Atlanta, Benedict
Cumberbatch returned to London to make Doctor Strange in the Multiverse
of Madness (2022). (Which I also have on my DVR.)
Some people wondered if the film would be shown in China. It was stated
that in order for the film to be released in China, the scenes
concerning Dr. Strange and magic had to be removed. Furthermore, China
supposedly wanted the latter half of the film to take place solely on
the Statue of Liberty. Sony refused, hence, the film was banned in the
country.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<856732973.735495452.050756.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222936&group=rec.arts.tv#222936

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 09:49:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 16:49 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 4/22/2024 6:27 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>>
> Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Netflix disc rip)
> "Sherman, a young boy, misuses a time machine made by his scientist
> father Mr. Peabody and causes the world history to go haywire. It is now
> up to Mr. Peabody to rescue his son and the world." (IMDb)

But was it any good? The Piper Perabo Rocky and Bullwinkle film was such a
disaster it cost me a lot of money.

> [...]
> Tom Holland helped to save this movie from cancellation by forcing
> renegotiations between Sony and Disney. Under the terms of the new deal,
> not only does this movie still take place within the Marvel Cinematic
> Universe (MCU), but Spider-Man can also appear in future MCU movies, as
> well as Sony's own Spider-Man franchise.
> According to Zendaya and Tom Holland, Willem Dafoe's portrayal of the
> Green Goblin in this movie genuinely frightened everyone on-set, making
> the characters' reactions to the Goblin's appearance in the actual film
> all the more real.
> Willem Dafoe went to the premiere wearing a green face mask. (There's
> "method acting" and there's "METHOD acting". :P )
> According to VFX Supervisor Kelly Port, there are only 80 shots that
> don't have any visual effects in the entire film. (Is this where
> someone compares Spider-Man to Jackie Chan? :P )

Theme music up!

Jackie Chan
Jackie Chan
Does whatever a Jackie can
Spins a web.
Any size
Catches thieves
Eat those guys
Hey wait!
Don’t do that Jackie Chan.

> One of the film's working titles was "Serenity Now".
> Immediately after filming his scenes for this film in Atlanta, Benedict
> Cumberbatch returned to London to make Doctor Strange in the Multiverse
> of Madness (2022). (Which I also have on my DVR.)
> Some people wondered if the film would be shown in China. It was stated
> that in order for the film to be released in China, the scenes
> concerning Dr. Strange and magic had to be removed. Furthermore, China
> supposedly wanted the latter half of the film to take place solely on
> the Statue of Liberty.

Because that’s a completely reasonable request

Sony refused, hence, the film was banned in the
> country.
>

> What Did You Watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<v0650m$12cb5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222939&group=rec.arts.tv#222939

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 09:55:53 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 16:55 UTC

On 4/22/2024 7:45 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 4/22/2024 6:27 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>>
> Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Netflix disc rip)
> "Sherman, a young boy, misuses a time machine made by his scientist
> father Mr. Peabody and causes the world history to go haywire. It is now
> up to Mr. Peabody to rescue his son and the world."  (IMDb)

I wonder, have I ever watched a full episode of this from beginning to
end. If this was part of "Underdog," then yes. If this was it's own
separate show, then probably not.

> Time Traveling Trivia!
> The stuffed animal with which Sherman sleeps is Dudley Do-Right's horse
> from another division of the Bullwinkleverse.

This was Bullwinkle, not Underdog? Then I probably did see a full episode.

> WABAC stands for Wavelength Acceleration Bi-directional Asynchronous
> Controller. This is a nod to the early INIAC and UNIVAC computers. While
> obviously being a reworking of the term "way back", the fancier meaning
> was added when a viewer (being devoid of imagination) wanted to know
> what "WABAC" meant.  This term has entered the common lexicon. One
> example is a WABAC-named website devoted to providing nostalgic content
> for baby boomers.
> Allison Janney, the voice of Ms. Grunion was born on 19 November 1959,
> the day when The Bullwinkle Show (1959) debuted on television.
> Much of the irreverence in this film is a direct reflection of the
> original irreverence that permeated the various sub-shows within The
> Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, which included Peabody episodes. The creator
> / producer Jay Ward would sometimes get in trouble because of this. For
> one example, Bullwinkle tells the viewers to make sure to tune in next
> time, advising them to make sure of this by gluing down the channel
> knobs on their TV sets. A number of TV sets were destroyed by kid due to
> this.
> Just before the end credits, as the Trojan Horse is being pulled
> off-screen, it is followed fittingly by the mustachioed little street
> cleaner from the "parade" title sequence of the first Peabody's
> Improbable History (1959) cartoons.
> The glass monitors on the hallway to the WABAC hangar (and some of the
> controls inside the WABAC) have symbols similar to the Gallifreyan
> symbols seen in Doctor Who (2005).
>
> Quotes: "Every dog should have a boy."

I think I've heard that before.

> Spider-Man: No Way Home (DVR)
> "With Spider-Man's identity now revealed, Peter asks Doctor Strange for
> help. When a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to
> appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man."
>  (IMDb)
>
> Spider-Trivia!
> Benedict Cumberbatch admitted to not reading the full script, wanting to
> surprise himself with the final product.

This movie was supposed to have come out *after* the Doctor Strange
sequel, which would have introduced the multiverse concept first. In
that case, the multiversal portals would have been opened by the
character from that movie whose power is opening portals to the
multiverse. Which would have made more sense then how they did it in
this movie.

> J.K. Simmons had enjoyed playing J. Jonah Jameson in Sam Raimi's
> Spider-Man Trilogy, and admitted to being heartbroken that he wouldn't
> be able to revisit the character in a fourth movie. Naturally, when
> Marvel approached him to reprise his role in Spider-Man: Far from Home
> (2019)'s stinger and this film, he jumped at the chance. Simmons also
> expressed excitement in adapting Jameson to the modern-day era,
> describing him more as a media blowhard than a newspaper editor. To make
> up for the fact that his character was now bald, Simmons insisted on
> keeping Jameson's cigar and mustache for this film, due to wanting to
> have some aspects from his portrayal in Sam Raimi's trilogy to carry
> over in the MCU.
> Tom Holland helped to save this movie from cancellation by forcing
> renegotiations between Sony and Disney. Under the terms of the new deal,
> not only does this movie still take place within the Marvel Cinematic
> Universe (MCU), but Spider-Man can also appear in future MCU movies, as
> well as Sony's own Spider-Man franchise.

I was at the D23 Expo, I'm guessing it must have been 2019, when the
Sony / Marvel deal was very publicly falling apart. And word had come
out that there may be no more Tom Holland in the MCU, like maybe the day
before. And Tom Holland had to come out on stage. He must have been
promoting, "Spies in Disguise" which he made for Fox, but Disney had
just purchased and was releasing. He did not look happy, and obviously
he couldn't say anything but everyone in the audience knew what was
going on. It was a very awkward situation.

> According to Zendaya and Tom Holland, Willem Dafoe's portrayal of the
> Green Goblin in this movie genuinely frightened everyone on-set, making
> the characters' reactions to the Goblin's appearance in the actual film
> all the more real.
> Willem Dafoe went to the premiere wearing a green face mask.  (There's
> "method acting" and there's "METHOD acting".  :P )
> According to VFX Supervisor Kelly Port, there are only 80 shots that
> don't have any visual effects in the entire film.  (Is this where
> someone compares Spider-Man to Jackie Chan?  :P )
> One of the film's working titles was "Serenity Now".
> Immediately after filming his scenes for this film in Atlanta, Benedict
> Cumberbatch returned to London to make Doctor Strange in the Multiverse
> of Madness (2022).  (Which I also have on my DVR.)
> Some people wondered if the film would be shown in China. It was stated
> that in order for the film to be released in China, the scenes
> concerning Dr. Strange and magic had to be removed. Furthermore, China
> supposedly wanted the latter half of the film to take place solely on
> the Statue of Liberty. Sony refused, hence, the film was banned in the
> country.
>

> What Did You Watch?

I was going to respond to Ian's post. But my horrible newsreader with
all of its' weird errors won't let me. I can't even open it to read it
anymore. Now when I click on it some other random post appears. :-/

Anyway, I did a lot of DVR clearing and watched:

Law & Order: Organized Crime - "Crossroads" - I didn't follow this episode.

Chucky - "Panic Room" - Episode 6 which picking up after last episode,
Chucky has murdered the President and is trying to launch nukes. The
White House chief of staff is actually pretty good at his job. He knows
something supernatural is at play and has brought in a double until they
can come up with a more palatable way to explain the President's death.
Meanwhile Chucky has made his way to the bunker with plans to order a
nuke strike unless the kids can somehow stop him. I'll admit I like the
show and the over the top nature of everything. But I just couldn't
suspend my disbelief with the total lack of any real security on the
bunker room or the ease at which Chucky was able to order a nuke strike.
And how many people has Chucky brutally murdered inside the White House
with no one ever hearing anything? Come on!!! I'm not even going to
bring up how the kids were able to also get into the White House and
into the bunker too!!! I did get a chuckle out of Chucky being so petty
he wanted to nuke the north pole so all the kids would know there is no
Santa Clause.

A Gentleman in Moscow (Showtime) "The Last Rostov" - Episode from last
week. I'm about done with this show.

Parish (AMC) - "Sanctuary" - Episode from last week. I guess it's OK so
far.

Ghosts - I caught up on the last three episodes.
"Hello, Brother" - Trevor's brother shows up at the manor to basically
scam free services. Meh.

"The Polterguest" - Alberta falls for a poltergeist who is attached to
people instead of places. This was pretty good.

"Holes Are Bad" - This was a really good one and saw the return of
Flower, who was stuck in a well. Since ghosts can stand on ground, but
not touch walls, getting her out is difficult especially with the two
living people out of town. I always wondered about how/why they wrote
out Flower. But with her sudden return, I'm guessing this was strictly
an actress issue. My guess is she was either pregnant or shooting a movie.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<212114911.735501821.377460.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222947&group=rec.arts.tv#222947

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 11:09:42 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:09 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 4/22/2024 7:45 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 4/22/2024 6:27 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>
>> Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Netflix disc rip)
>> "Sherman, a young boy, misuses a time machine made by his scientist
>> father Mr. Peabody and causes the world history to go haywire. It is now
>> up to Mr. Peabody to rescue his son and the world."  (IMDb)
>>

> I wonder, have I ever watched a full episode of this from beginning to
> end. If this was part of "Underdog," then yes. If this was it's own
> separate show, then probably not.

Neither. It was part of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

>> Time Traveling Trivia!
>> The stuffed animal with which Sherman sleeps is Dudley Do-Right's horse
>> from another division of the Bullwinkleverse.
>
> This was Bullwinkle, not Underdog? Then I probably did see a full episode.

Yes

>> WABAC stands for Wavelength Acceleration Bi-directional Asynchronous
>> Controller. This is a nod to the early INIAC and UNIVAC computers. While
>> obviously being a reworking of the term "way back", the fancier meaning
>> was added when a viewer (being devoid of imagination) wanted to know
>> what "WABAC" meant.  This term has entered the common lexicon. One
>> example is a WABAC-named website devoted to providing nostalgic content
>> for baby boomers.
>> Allison Janney, the voice of Ms. Grunion was born on 19 November 1959,
>> the day when The Bullwinkle Show (1959) debuted on television.
>> Much of the irreverence in this film is a direct reflection of the
>> original irreverence that permeated the various sub-shows within The
>> Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, which included Peabody episodes. The creator
>> / producer Jay Ward would sometimes get in trouble because of this. For
>> one example, Bullwinkle tells the viewers to make sure to tune in next
>> time, advising them to make sure of this by gluing down the channel
>> knobs on their TV sets. A number of TV sets were destroyed by kid due to
>> this.
>> Just before the end credits, as the Trojan Horse is being pulled
>> off-screen, it is followed fittingly by the mustachioed little street
>> cleaner from the "parade" title sequence of the first Peabody's
>> Improbable History (1959) cartoons.
>> The glass monitors on the hallway to the WABAC hangar (and some of the
>> controls inside the WABAC) have symbols similar to the Gallifreyan
>> symbols seen in Doctor Who (2005).
>>
>> Quotes: "Every dog should have a boy."
>>

> I think I've heard that before.

Probably when you watched the cartoon :-)

> [...]
>> One of the film's working titles was "Serenity Now".
>> Immediately after filming his scenes for this film in Atlanta, Benedict
>> Cumberbatch returned to London to make Doctor Strange in the Multiverse
>> of Madness (2022).  (Which I also have on my DVR.)
>> Some people wondered if the film would be shown in China. It was stated
>> that in order for the film to be released in China, the scenes
>> concerning Dr. Strange and magic had to be removed. Furthermore, China
>> supposedly wanted the latter half of the film to take place solely on
>> the Statue of Liberty. Sony refused, hence, the film was banned in the
>> country.
>>

>> What Did You Watch?
>>

> I was going to respond to Ian's post. But my horrible newsreader with
> all of its' weird errors won't let me. I can't even open it to read it
> anymore. Now when I click on it some other random post appears. :-/

I was going to repost it for you, but I don’t see a post for Sunday from
Ian.

> Anyway, I did a lot of DVR clearing and watched:
>

> Law & Order: Organized Crime - "Crossroads" - I didn't follow this episode.
>

> Chucky - "Panic Room" - Episode 6 which picking up after last episode,
> Chucky has murdered the President and is trying to launch nukes. The
> White House chief of staff is actually pretty good at his job. He knows
> something supernatural is at play and has brought in a double until they
> can come up with a more palatable way to explain the President's death.
> Meanwhile Chucky has made his way to the bunker with plans to order a
> nuke strike unless the kids can somehow stop him. I'll admit I like the
> show and the over the top nature of everything. But I just couldn't
> suspend my disbelief with the total lack of any real security on the
> bunker room or the ease at which Chucky was able to order a nuke strike.
> And how many people has Chucky brutally murdered inside the White House
> with no one ever hearing anything? Come on!!! I'm not even going to
> bring up how the kids were able to also get into the White House and
> into the bunker too!!! I did get a chuckle out of Chucky being so petty
> he wanted to nuke the north pole so all the kids would know there is no
> Santa Clause.
>

> A Gentleman in Moscow (Showtime) "The Last Rostov" - Episode from last
> week. I'm about done with this show.
>

> Parish (AMC) - "Sanctuary" - Episode from last week. I guess it's OK so
> far.
>

> Ghosts - I caught up on the last three episodes.
> "Hello, Brother" - Trevor's brother shows up at the manor to basically
> scam free services. Meh.
>
> "The Polterguest" - Alberta falls for a poltergeist who is attached to
> people instead of places. This was pretty good.
>
> "Holes Are Bad" - This was a really good one and saw the return of
> Flower, who was stuck in a well. Since ghosts can stand on ground, but
> not touch walls, getting her out is difficult especially with the two
> living people out of town. I always wondered about how/why they wrote
> out Flower. But with her sudden return, I'm guessing this was strictly
> an actress issue. My guess is she was either pregnant or shooting a movie.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<192455157.735502684.517101.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222951&group=rec.arts.tv#222951

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:06:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 19:06 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

TRACKER (Aurora)
Another completely lackluster episode. Kathy Bates almost gets the best of
him and I noticed he doesn’t sleep with the unattractive local cops no
matter how helpful they are. I didn’t see him get paid this time. And the
Scooby gang barely appears at all.

speaking of the Scooby gang.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.
Some season four episodes in widescreen, revealing stuff on the sides we
really shouldn’t be seeing. I watched a few good episodes, including
“because it’s wrong“ and “superstar“ before we got to the episode where
Marty Noxon destroyed the series.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK APOCALYPSE WARS.
The last movie of that series, which ends with a reboot of the universe, or
possibly the Multiverse leading to the TOMORROWVERSE, which is the series
I’ve been watching and has a new movie dropping today although it’s not
completely clear which movie it is. While there was some cute stuff like
having Lois and Clark played by Jerry O’Connell and John Stamos’s wife I
didn’t care for this all that much.

And I know that’s not how you spell apocalypse, but there was no way in
hell spellcheck was going to let me do it right.

The next movies do the CRISIS because the bonehead suits forced it on them.
It’s unclear to me how many CRISIS movies there are (at least two) or which
one drops today, part one or part two. I’d like to have them all in hand
before I watch…

MURDER IN THE FIRST.
They gave me the first episode of this 2014 cop show free. Kathleen
Robertson is cute but there wasn’t enough of interest to get me to pay big
bucks for future episodes.

THE PROTECTOR (2022)
I sat through this plodding, dreadful inept quasi horror movie entirely
because Chelsea Clark from Degrassi (Ian Alert!) Is a cutie pie. 🥰
She must’ve given the featured review of 10 herself.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<v06ed6$14b3p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222956&group=rec.arts.tv#222956

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:39:17 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 19:39 UTC

On 4/22/2024 11:09 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

snip

>>> What Did You Watch?
>>>

>> I was going to respond to Ian's post. But my horrible newsreader with
>> all of its' weird errors won't let me. I can't even open it to read it
>> anymore. Now when I click on it some other random post appears. :-/
>>

> I was going to repost it for you, but I don’t see a post for Sunday from
> Ian.

Normally I would have thought my newsreader screwed up the names or
dates. But he made a post about Fallout episode 4. So I think he did
post something for Sunday. But maybe the issue isn't simply my
newsreader? Maybe my newsreader is just reacting badly to some other
issue on the server end that's screwing up the posts for everyone.

Anyway, I was just going to comment that the guy who voiced the robot on
Fallout is also on "What We Do in the Shadows."

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<483451317.735515897.450279.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222957&group=rec.arts.tv#222957

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 15:00:45 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 22:00 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 4/22/2024 11:09 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> snip

>>> I was going to respond to Ian's post. But my horrible newsreader with
>>> all of its' weird errors won't let me. I can't even open it to read it
>>> anymore. Now when I click on it some other random post appears. :-/
>>>

>> I was going to repost it for you, but I don’t see a post for Sunday from
>> Ian.
>>

> Normally I would have thought my newsreader screwed up the names or
> dates. But he made a post about Fallout episode 4. So I think he did
> post something for Sunday. But maybe the issue isn't simply my
> newsreader? Maybe my newsreader is just reacting badly to some other
> issue on the server end that's screwing up the posts for everyone.
>
> Anyway, I was just going to comment that the guy who voiced the robot on
> Fallout is also on "What We Do in the Shadows."

I’m not watching fallout, so if that’s all he wrote about I would’ve just
skipped it and it might’ve rolled off.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<03nd2jpt4aojs6mqsps05vvq2q4k77adk5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222959&group=rec.arts.tv#222959

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:18:38 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 22:18 UTC

On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:06:06 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>TRACKER (Aurora)
>Another completely lackluster episode. Kathy Bates almost gets the best of
>him and I noticed he doesn’t sleep with the unattractive local cops no
>matter how helpful they are. I didn’t see him get paid this time. And the
>Scooby gang barely appears at all.

I'll get to this episode later.

>speaking of the Scooby gang.
>
>BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.
>Some season four episodes in widescreen, revealing stuff on the sides we
>really shouldn’t be seeing. I watched a few good episodes, including
>“because it’s wrong“ and “superstar“ before we got to the episode where
>Marty Noxon destroyed the series.
>

>JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK APOCALYPSE WARS.
>The last movie of that series, which ends with a reboot of the universe, or
>possibly the Multiverse leading to the TOMORROWVERSE, which is the series
>I’ve been watching and has a new movie dropping today although it’s not
>completely clear which movie it is. While there was some cute stuff like
>having Lois and Clark played by Jerry O’Connell and John Stamos’s wife I
>didn’t care for this all that much.
>
>And I know that’s not how you spell apocalypse, but there was no way in
>hell spellcheck was going to let me do it right.

You could have just copied it from my comment yesterday.

>The next movies do the CRISIS because the bonehead suits forced it on them.
>It’s unclear to me how many CRISIS movies there are (at least two) or which
>one drops today, part one or part two. I’d like to have them all in hand
>before I watch…

Three parts according to Wikipedia with part two out tomorrow and part
three coming out later this year.

>MURDER IN THE FIRST.
>They gave me the first episode of this 2014 cop show free. Kathleen
>Robertson is cute but there wasn’t enough of interest to get me to pay big
>bucks for future episodes.

I remember watching this back in the day.

>THE PROTECTOR (2022)
>I sat through this plodding, dreadful inept quasi horror movie entirely
>because Chelsea Clark from Degrassi (Ian Alert!) Is a cutie pie. ?
>She must’ve given the featured review of 10 herself.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<v070u2$186uo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222962&group=rec.arts.tv#222962

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:55:33 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 00:55 UTC

On 4/22/2024 9:49 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>> On 4/22/2024 6:27 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>
>> Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Netflix disc rip)
>> "Sherman, a young boy, misuses a time machine made by his scientist
>> father Mr. Peabody and causes the world history to go haywire. It is now
>> up to Mr. Peabody to rescue his son and the world." (IMDb)
>>

> But was it any good? The Piper Perabo Rocky and Bullwinkle film was such a
> disaster it cost me a lot of money.

Meh. It wasn't horrible but it also wasn't great. They tried real hard
and came sorta close to the snarkiness of the original but fell a little
short. Honestly I can't remember why I had it in my Netflix queue in
the first place, but that's true of a number of titles I buzz-sawed my
way thru in the final months of Netflix DVD.

> [...]
> Spins a web.
> Any size
> Catches thieves
> Eat those guys
> Hey wait!
> Don’t do that Jackie Chan.
>

>> One of the film's working titles was "Serenity Now".
>> Immediately after filming his scenes for this film in Atlanta, Benedict
>> Cumberbatch returned to London to make Doctor Strange in the Multiverse
>> of Madness (2022). (Which I also have on my DVR.)
>> Some people wondered if the film would be shown in China. It was stated
>> that in order for the film to be released in China, the scenes
>> concerning Dr. Strange and magic had to be removed. Furthermore, China
>> supposedly wanted the latter half of the film to take place solely on
>> the Statue of Liberty.
>
> Because that’s a completely reasonable request
>
>> Sony refused, hence, the film was banned in the

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<v0710v$188pj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222963&group=rec.arts.tv#222963

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:57:03 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 00:57 UTC

On 4/22/24 12:39 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 4/22/2024 11:09 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> snip

>>> I was going to respond to Ian's post.  But my horrible newsreader with
>>> all of its' weird errors won't let me.  I can't even open it to read it
>>> anymore.  Now when I click on it some other random post appears.  :-/
>>>

>> I was going to repost it for you, but I don’t see a post for Sunday from
>> Ian.
>
> Normally I would have thought my newsreader screwed up the names or
> dates.  But he made a post about Fallout episode 4.  So I think he did
> post something for Sunday.  But maybe the issue isn't simply my
> newsreader?  Maybe my newsreader is just reacting badly to some other
> issue on the server end that's screwing up the posts for everyone.

I definitely posted something this morning (and on ep. 4).

I can see it, and DT could obviously see it. Not sure why you and Anim
can't.

FWIW, NovaBBS has my post:

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/thread.php?group=rec.arts.tv

> Anyway, I was just going to comment that the guy who voiced the robot on
> Fallout is also on "What We Do in the Shadows."

Yeah, I saw that on Wiki.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<1960825881.735527611.469843.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222964&group=rec.arts.tv#222964

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:17:44 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 01:17 UTC

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:06:06 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> TRACKER (Aurora)
>> Another completely lackluster episode. Kathy Bates almost gets the best of
>> him and I noticed he doesn’t sleep with the unattractive local cops no
>> matter how helpful they are. I didn’t see him get paid this time. And the
>> Scooby gang barely appears at all.
>
> I'll get to this episode later.
>
>> speaking of the Scooby gang.
>>
>> BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.
>> Some season four episodes in widescreen, revealing stuff on the sides we
>> really shouldn’t be seeing. I watched a few good episodes, including
>> “because it’s wrong“ and “superstar“ before we got to the episode where
>> Marty Noxon destroyed the series.
>>

>> JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK APOCALYPSE WARS.
>> The last movie of that series, which ends with a reboot of the universe, or
>> possibly the Multiverse leading to the TOMORROWVERSE, which is the series
>> I’ve been watching and has a new movie dropping today although it’s not
>> completely clear which movie it is. While there was some cute stuff like
>> having Lois and Clark played by Jerry O’Connell and John Stamos’s wife I
>> didn’t care for this all that much.
>>
>> And I know that’s not how you spell apocalypse, but there was no way in
>> hell spellcheck was going to let me do it right.
>
> You could have just copied it from my comment yesterday.
>
>> The next movies do the CRISIS because the bonehead suits forced it on them.
>> It’s unclear to me how many CRISIS movies there are (at least two) or which
>> one drops today, part one or part two. I’d like to have them all in hand
>> before I watch…
>
> Three parts according to Wikipedia with part two out tomorrow and part
> three coming out later this year.

Thanks. So far the old copy part one on the gray are 4K for Ian at 20 GB
and 33.3 GB. I think I’ll wait a while.

>> MURDER IN THE FIRST.
>> They gave me the first episode of this 2014 cop show free. Kathleen
>> Robertson is cute but there wasn’t enough of interest to get me to pay big
>> bucks for future episodes.
>
> I remember watching this back in the day.
>

>> THE PROTECTOR (2022)
>> I sat through this plodding, dreadful inept quasi horror movie entirely
>> because Chelsea Clark from Degrassi (Ian Alert!) Is a cutie pie. ?
>> She must’ve given the featured review of 10 herself.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<316535105.735527692.087943.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222965&group=rec.arts.tv#222965

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:17:45 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 01:17 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 4/22/2024 9:49 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Netflix disc rip)
>>> "Sherman, a young boy, misuses a time machine made by his scientist
>>> father Mr. Peabody and causes the world history to go haywire. It is now
>>> up to Mr. Peabody to rescue his son and the world." (IMDb)
>>>

>> But was it any good? The Piper Perabo Rocky and Bullwinkle film was such a
>> disaster it cost me a lot of money.
>>
> Meh. It wasn't horrible but it also wasn't great. They tried real hard
> and came sorta close to the snarkiness of the original but fell a little
> short. Honestly I can't remember why I had it in my Netflix queue in
> the first place, but that's true of a number of titles I buzz-sawed my
> way thru in the final months of Netflix DVD.

Thanks!

> [...]
>> Hey wait!
>> Don’t do that Jackie Chan.
>>

>>> One of the film's working titles was "Serenity Now".
>>> Immediately after filming his scenes for this film in Atlanta, Benedict
>>> Cumberbatch returned to London to make Doctor Strange in the Multiverse
>>> of Madness (2022). (Which I also have on my DVR.)
>>> Some people wondered if the film would be shown in China. It was stated
>>> that in order for the film to be released in China, the scenes
>>> concerning Dr. Strange and magic had to be removed. Furthermore, China
>>> supposedly wanted the latter half of the film to take place solely on
>>> the Statue of Liberty.
>>
>> Because that’s a completely reasonable request
>>
>>> Sony refused, hence, the film was banned in the
>>> country.
>>>

>>> What Did You Watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<688516116.735527792.266005.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222966&group=rec.arts.tv#222966

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:17:46 -0700

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/22/24 12:39 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>> snip

>>> I was going to repost it for you, but I don’t see a post for Sunday from
>>> Ian.
>>
>> Normally I would have thought my newsreader screwed up the names or
>> dates.  But he made a post about Fallout episode 4.  So I think he did
>> post something for Sunday.  But maybe the issue isn't simply my
>> newsreader?  Maybe my newsreader is just reacting badly to some other
>> issue on the server end that's screwing up the posts for everyone.
>
> I definitely posted something this morning (and on ep. 4).
>
> I can see it, and DT could obviously see it. Not sure why you and Anim
> can't.
>
> FWIW, NovaBBS has my post:
>
> https://www.novabbs.com/arts/thread.php?group=rec.arts.tv

OK, yeah, I saw that and moved on, and it rolled off. Thanks!

>> Anyway, I was just going to comment that the guy who voiced the robot on
>> Fallout is also on "What We Do in the Shadows."
>
> Yeah, I saw that on Wiki.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<v072sv$18ggm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222967&group=rec.arts.tv#222967

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:29:02 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 01:29 UTC

On 4/22/24 12:06 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> [snip]
> THE PROTECTOR (2022)

On The Tubi!!1!

> I sat through this plodding, dreadful inept quasi horror movie entirely
> because Chelsea Clark from Degrassi (Ian Alert!) Is a cutie pie. 🥰
> She must’ve given the featured review of 10 herself.

FTR, she was on ""Degrassi" after I stopped watching.

However, Munro Chambers was on "Degrassi" when I was still watching, and
he is in this flick too.

I'm not sure how this is "horror" from the description, though.

Sounds like low-budget Canuck flick.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<bc3e2j9j3d5dg4i5n42jnn2v8vl5s8k27a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222979&group=rec.arts.tv#222979

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 23:34:37 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 03:34 UTC

On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:17:44 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:06:06 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> TRACKER (Aurora)
>>> Another completely lackluster episode. Kathy Bates almost gets the best of
>>> him and I noticed he doesn’t sleep with the unattractive local cops no
>>> matter how helpful they are. I didn’t see him get paid this time. And the
>>> Scooby gang barely appears at all.
>>
>> I'll get to this episode later.

I kind of enjoyed this episode as it ties back to the Blair Witch
movies. He clearly got paid but they didn't show it unlike in the
other episodes. As for the Scooby gang there really didn't seem to be
much they could do to help as the missing girl wasn't running around
where their web and database searches could help. All of the
information needed was local, either with the police or the various
people that knew the girl.

>>> speaking of the Scooby gang.
>>>
>>> BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.
>>> Some season four episodes in widescreen, revealing stuff on the sides we
>>> really shouldn’t be seeing. I watched a few good episodes, including
>>> “because it’s wrong“ and “superstar“ before we got to the episode where
>>> Marty Noxon destroyed the series.

Haven't seen any of the wide screen versions

>>> JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK APOCALYPSE WARS.
>>> The last movie of that series, which ends with a reboot of the universe, or
>>> possibly the Multiverse leading to the TOMORROWVERSE, which is the series
>>> I’ve been watching and has a new movie dropping today although it’s not
>>> completely clear which movie it is. While there was some cute stuff like
>>> having Lois and Clark played by Jerry O’Connell and John Stamos’s wife I
>>> didn’t care for this all that much.

I wasn't aware that these Tomorrow verse movies existed. I mean I knew
of the movies and have watched some of them but wasn't aware there was
a common thread to them. Now I'm having to change some of my plans on
what to watch so I can fill in the holes. Like I mentioned before I
already saw the Hal Jordan goes bad movie but haven't seen the Batman
movies so they are next to watch.

>>> And I know that’s not how you spell apocalypse, but there was no way in
>>> hell spellcheck was going to let me do it right.
>>
>> You could have just copied it from my comment yesterday.
>>
>>> The next movies do the CRISIS because the bonehead suits forced it on them.
>>> It’s unclear to me how many CRISIS movies there are (at least two) or which
>>> one drops today, part one or part two. I’d like to have them all in hand
>>> before I watch…
>>
>> Three parts according to Wikipedia with part two out tomorrow and part
>> three coming out later this year.
>
>Thanks. So far the old copy part one on the gray are 4K for Ian at 20 GB
>and 33.3 GB. I think I’ll wait a while.

Just wait till everything goes 8K.

>>> MURDER IN THE FIRST.
>>> They gave me the first episode of this 2014 cop show free. Kathleen
>>> Robertson is cute but there wasn’t enough of interest to get me to pay big
>>> bucks for future episodes.
>>
>> I remember watching this back in the day.
>>

>>> THE PROTECTOR (2022)
>>> I sat through this plodding, dreadful inept quasi horror movie entirely
>>> because Chelsea Clark from Degrassi (Ian Alert!) Is a cutie pie. ?
>>> She must’ve given the featured review of 10 herself.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<2146546642.735535013.352247.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222981&group=rec.arts.tv#222981

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:39:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 03:39 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/22/24 12:06 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> [snip]
>> THE PROTECTOR (2022)
>
> On The Tubi!!1!
>
>> I sat through this plodding, dreadful inept quasi horror movie entirely
>> because Chelsea Clark from Degrassi (Ian Alert!) Is a cutie pie. 🥰
>> She must’ve given the featured review of 10 herself.
>
> FTR, she was on ""Degrassi" after I stopped watching.
>
> However, Munro Chambers was on "Degrassi" when I was still watching, and
> he is in this flick too.
>
> I'm not sure how this is "horror" from the description, though.

Super cute young virgin is released from the insane asylum to a suspicious
psychiatrist in her old hometown.
The mysteries slowly unravel.
10 years ago, 57 criminals killed each other (or did they?) And the town
has been 100% free of any crime since. The bad guys know this so if they
want to date rape somebody they make sure to take them just outside the
city limits.
Virgin decides that the town is under the protection of a protector a
possibly mythological creature that protects I’m not really sure why this
is a bad thing.
Then she finds out that every five years they have to sacrifice a virgin
with her exact same birthday to keep the protector happy. Oh maybe that’s
the problem.
Who can she trust? Pretty much nobody. They all turn out to be in on it.
And there’s the spooky old factory, and all the spooky old underground
tunnels.

43 years ago, Roger Ebert told us there was an easier way to protect a
super cute young virgin from sacrifice, then to run around killing each
other.

> Sounds like low-budget Canuck flick.

Absolutely

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<v07d4v$1eaa8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222982&group=rec.arts.tv#222982

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:36:08 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 00:36 UTC

On 4/22/2024 3:18 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:06:06 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> TRACKER (Aurora)
>> Another completely lackluster episode. Kathy Bates almost gets the best of
>> him and I noticed he doesn’t sleep with the unattractive local cops no
>> matter how helpful they are. I didn’t see him get paid this time. And the
>> Scooby gang barely appears at all.
>
> I'll get to this episode later.
>
>> speaking of the Scooby gang.
>>
>> BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.
>> Some season four episodes in widescreen, revealing stuff on the sides we
>> really shouldn’t be seeing. I watched a few good episodes, including
>> “because it’s wrong“ and “superstar“ before we got to the episode where
>> Marty Noxon destroyed the series.
>>

>> JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK APOCALYPSE WARS.
>> The last movie of that series, which ends with a reboot of the universe, or
>> possibly the Multiverse leading to the TOMORROWVERSE, which is the series
>> I’ve been watching and has a new movie dropping today although it’s not
>> completely clear which movie it is. While there was some cute stuff like
>> having Lois and Clark played by Jerry O’Connell and John Stamos’s wife I
>> didn’t care for this all that much.
>>
>> And I know that’s not how you spell apocalypse, but there was no way in
>> hell spellcheck was going to let me do it right.
>
> You could have just copied it from my comment yesterday.
>
>> The next movies do the CRISIS because the bonehead suits forced it on them.
>> It’s unclear to me how many CRISIS movies there are (at least two) or which
>> one drops today, part one or part two. I’d like to have them all in hand
>> before I watch…
>
> Three parts according to Wikipedia with part two out tomorrow and part
> three coming out later this year.

Yeah three. I have one, and two on order. I'll probably wait until I
get three then watch them all for the first time back to back.

I also have a few others I haven't gotten around to watching yet. I'll
probably watch them all around the same time.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<75326517.735577690.059696.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222998&group=rec.arts.tv#222998

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 08:14:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 15:14 UTC

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:17:44 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I'll get to this episode later.
>>>
> I kind of enjoyed this episode as it ties back to the Blair Witch
> movies. He clearly got paid but they didn't show it unlike in the
> other episodes. As for the Scooby gang there really didn't seem to be
> much they could do to help as the missing girl wasn't running around
> where their web and database searches could help. All of the
> information needed was local, either with the police or the various
> people that knew the girl.

I thought the Scooby would at least do the Imogen Hanson.

OK that was another spellcheck. That was actually funny.

Image.
Enhancement.

> Haven't seen any of the wide screen versions

They look damn good

> I wasn't aware that these Tomorrow verse movies existed.

I only found out because the fire stick came with a free preview of Max and
Max has a DC channel and that gave me some of them

I mean I knew
> of the movies and have watched some of them but wasn't aware there was
> a common thread to them.

You pretty much have to dig through Ian‘s Wikipedia articles to find the
clusters and where they begin, and where they end and what the viewing
order is.

Now I'm having to change some of my plans on
> what to watch so I can fill in the holes. Like I mentioned before I
> already saw the Hal Jordan goes bad movie but haven't seen the Batman
> movies so they are next to watch.

I never read THE LONG HALLOWEEN so now I finally know who done it.

>>> You could have just copied it from my comment yesterday.

>>> Three parts according to Wikipedia with part two out tomorrow and part
>>> three coming out later this year.
>>
>> Thanks. So far the old copy part one on the gray are 4K for Ian at 20 GB
>> and 33.3 GB. I think I’ll wait a while.
>
> Just wait till everything goes 8K.

Hell, my cable can’t even push through HD.

They’ve spray-painted dashed lines all through my front yard again. Last
time they did this was when they dug me up for the fiber installation, and
then never offered me fiber.

>>> I remember watching this back in the day.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<udpf2j51m576kokc0fulnaorieh6jk9csp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223006&group=rec.arts.tv#223006

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 12:51:19 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 16:51 UTC

On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 08:14:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:17:44 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>> I kind of enjoyed this episode as it ties back to the Blair Witch
>> movies. He clearly got paid but they didn't show it unlike in the
>> other episodes. As for the Scooby gang there really didn't seem to be
>> much they could do to help as the missing girl wasn't running around
>> where their web and database searches could help. All of the
>> information needed was local, either with the police or the various
>> people that knew the girl.
>
>I thought the Scooby would at least do the Imogen Hanson.
>
>OK that was another spellcheck. That was actually funny.
>
>Image.
>Enhancement.

LOL. I didn't get what you were saying at first but with a moment's
thought I figured it out before seeing the final comment.

>> Haven't seen any of the wide screen versions
>
>They look damn good

Cool. So the extra stuff isn't taking away from the show.

>> I wasn't aware that these Tomorrow verse movies existed.
>
>I only found out because the fire stick came with a free preview of Max and
>Max has a DC channel and that gave me some of them

I have had Max for years but seldom watch anything on it and so never
sampled the DC channel.

>I mean I knew
>> of the movies and have watched some of them but wasn't aware there was
>> a common thread to them.
>
>You pretty much have to dig through Ian‘s Wikipedia articles to find the
>clusters and where they begin, and where they end and what the viewing
>order is.

I tend to try and watch the movies in terms of when they were released
unless a name just grabs me.

>Now I'm having to change some of my plans on
>> what to watch so I can fill in the holes. Like I mentioned before I
>> already saw the Hal Jordan goes bad movie but haven't seen the Batman
>> movies so they are next to watch.
>
>I never read THE LONG HALLOWEEN so now I finally know who done it.

I have my idea from starting to watch it but haven't gotten to that
point in the film before needing to head to sleep.

>>> Thanks. So far the old copy part one on the gray are 4K for Ian at 20 GB
>>> and 33.3 GB. I think I’ll wait a while.
>>
>> Just wait till everything goes 8K.
>
>Hell, my cable can’t even push through HD.
>
>They’ve spray-painted dashed lines all through my front yard again. Last
>time they did this was when they dug me up for the fiber installation, and
>then never offered me fiber.

Hey, but you can bet when the public utility commission or the FCC
asks them you are included in the homes that have the service
available. It's not their fault if you never requested a service from
them that they never offered you.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<3o5g2jdu1c1s824re7apa7qnch4rd6d86i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223022&group=rec.arts.tv#223022

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:17:00 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 20:17 UTC

On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:39:17 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>43 years ago, Roger Ebert told us there was an easier way to protect a
>super cute young virgin from sacrifice, then to run around killing each
>other.

Heck when I was in high school (we had our 50 year reunion last fall)
I had heard THAT one.....

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<v09552$1q901$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223024&group=rec.arts.tv#223024

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 20:19:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 20:19 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:39:17 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>:

>>43 years ago, Roger Ebert told us there was an easier way to protect a
>>super cute young virgin from sacrifice, then to run around killing each
>>other.

>Heck when I was in high school (we had our 50 year reunion last fall)
>I had heard THAT one.....

Even ugly high school boys with no prospects could get laid in those days.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<1870993120.735594506.834401.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223034&group=rec.arts.tv#223034

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 14:49:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 21:49 UTC

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 08:14:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I kind of enjoyed this episode as it ties back to the Blair Witch
>>> movies. He clearly got paid but they didn't show it unlike in the
>>> other episodes. As for the Scooby gang there really didn't seem to be
>>> much they could do to help as the missing girl wasn't running around
>>> where their web and database searches could help. All of the
>>> information needed was local, either with the police or the various
>>> people that knew the girl.
>>
>> I thought the Scooby would at least do the Imogen Hanson.
>>
>> OK that was another spellcheck. That was actually funny.
>>
>> Image.
>> Enhancement.
>

> LOL. I didn't get what you were saying at first but with a moment's
> thought I figured it out before seeing the final comment.

:)

>>> Haven't seen any of the wide screen versions
>>
>> They look damn good
>
> Cool. So the extra stuff isn't taking away from the show.

No, they actually shot Buffy a little wider than 4:3, but without the
intention to include that footage. For the most part, the results have been
OK. But there was for instance, a wide angle shot where all four corners
were seriously vignetted that wouldn’t have shown up on the original
broadcast at all.

>>> I wasn't aware that these Tomorrow verse movies existed.
>>
>> I only found out because the fire stick came with a free preview of Max and
>> Max has a DC channel and that gave me some of them
>
> I have had Max for years but seldom watch anything on it and so never
> sampled the DC channel.

I had a limited time preview, so I dug deep to see if it was worth keeping.

>> I mean I knew
>>> of the movies and have watched some of them but wasn't aware there was
>>> a common thread to them.
>>
>> You pretty much have to dig through Ian‘s Wikipedia articles to find the
>> clusters and where they begin, and where they end and what the viewing
>> order is.
>
> I tend to try and watch the movies in terms of when they were released
> unless a name just grabs me.
>

>> Now I'm having to change some of my plans on
>>> what to watch so I can fill in the holes. Like I mentioned before I
>>> already saw the Hal Jordan goes bad movie but haven't seen the Batman
>>> movies so they are next to watch.
>>
>> I never read THE LONG HALLOWEEN so now I finally know who done it.
>

> I have my idea from starting to watch it but haven't gotten to that
> point in the film before needing to head to sleep.

>>> Just wait till everything goes 8K.
>>
>> Hell, my cable can’t even push through HD.
>>
>> They’ve spray-painted dashed lines all through my front yard again. Last
>> time they did this was when they dug me up for the fiber installation, and
>> then never offered me fiber.
>
> Hey, but you can bet when the public utility commission or the FCC
> asks them you are included in the homes that have the service
> available. It's not their fault if you never requested a service from
> them that they never offered you.

Under Cox new system I now can’t even verify if fiber is available to me.
You have to just talk to a salesman to get any information.

The workaround is to put in the address of the house across the street as a
new consumer and see what they can get.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-21 (Sunday)

<jodg2jthr4r0vtivs08a7a7qc8klu1cj21@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223038&group=rec.arts.tv#223038

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 18:35:57 -0400
References: <UBI20240422@dont-email.me> <192455157.735502684.517101.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <03nd2jpt4aojs6mqsps05vvq2q4k77adk5@4ax.com> <1960825881.735527611.469843.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <bc3e2j9j3d5dg4i5n42jnn2v8vl5s8k27a@4ax.com> <75326517.735577690.059696.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <udpf2j51m576kokc0fulnaorieh6jk9csp@4ax.com> <1870993120.735594506.834401.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: shawn - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 22:35 UTC

On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 14:49:04 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 08:14:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Hell, my cable can’t even push through HD.
>>>
>>> They’ve spray-painted dashed lines all through my front yard again. Last
>>> time they did this was when they dug me up for the fiber installation, and
>>> then never offered me fiber.
>>
>> Hey, but you can bet when the public utility commission or the FCC
>> asks them you are included in the homes that have the service
>> available. It's not their fault if you never requested a service from
>> them that they never offered you.
>
>Under Cox new system I now can’t even verify if fiber is available to me.
>You have to just talk to a salesman to get any information.

Damn, listening to you talk about Cox gives me the impression they
actively hate their subscribers. Seldom do you hear of a company that
makes working with them that difficult.

>The workaround is to put in the address of the house across the street as a
>new consumer and see what they can get.

Yeah, I've used that trick before to get information on just what
their best price is as you never get that in your listings if you are
already a customer. Nice info to have when it is time to renegotiate.