Uncompensated overtime? Just Say No.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)shawn
||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
|||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)shawn
|||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)BTR1701
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)shawn
| |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
| | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)shawn
| |  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
| |   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
| |    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)shawn
| |     `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)shawn
| |      `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)shawn
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous

Pages:12
What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0au27$2afmj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223069&group=rec.arts.tv#223069

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 05:31:02 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:31 UTC

Still catching up on grading (getting there...)

So, yesterday, I watched one soap. Then I graded. They I limped into an
episode of "Wheel of Fortune". Then I got sucked into watching
"Deadpool" off HBO, and finished it to the end! before going to bed. ;p

So really, only thing worth mentioning is:

DOOL - Holly was showing midriff in this epie, and looked like a hott
tramp! Out of nowhere, they introduced a new "teen" - Holly's friend
(who is even shorter than Holly!) who seriously seems like she wants to
rape NuTate - and, of course, 'cos of [contrivances!!] Holly is lying to
her friend about her relationship with Tate, so the friend thinks she
has a greenlight to rape Tate! What could possibly go wrong!?!
Meanwhile, Eric is convinced that Sloan is lying to him about their
finances (she is!!). Otherwise, not much happened.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0b49j$2c264$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223072&group=rec.arts.tv#223072

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 07:17:23 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 14:17 UTC

On 4/24/2024 5:31 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> Still catching up on grading (getting there...)
>
> So, yesterday, I watched one soap. Then I graded. They I limped into an
> episode of "Wheel of Fortune". Then I got sucked into watching
> "Deadpool" off HBO, and finished it to the end! before going to bed.  ;p

Does Blind Al look familiar? Perhaps like someone in another show
you're currently watching...

> So really, only thing worth mentioning is:
>
> DOOL - Holly was showing midriff in this epie, and looked like a hott
> tramp! Out of nowhere, they introduced a new "teen" - Holly's friend
> (who is even shorter than Holly!) who seriously seems like she wants to
> rape NuTate - and, of course, 'cos of [contrivances!!] Holly is lying to
> her friend about her relationship with Tate, so the friend thinks she
> has a greenlight to rape Tate! What could possibly go wrong!?!
> Meanwhile, Eric is convinced that Sloan is lying to him about their
> finances (she is!!). Otherwise, not much happened.
>

> What did you watch?

Once again not much.

I have the Shogun finale saved for later.

I've been very annoyed that I never get to watch Shogun live, but it
starts too late and lasts too long for me to watch it as airs, so I
always end up starting it, then finishing the next day.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<1441761902.735659245.952214.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223073&group=rec.arts.tv#223073

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 07:21:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 14:21 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> Still catching up on grading (getting there...)
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

Awful stuff. Who is surprised?

ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)

From 2018 comes this mini series (eight episodes) of many episodes,
starring mini super cutie Yasmine Al-Bustami.

Each installment begins with the statement:
THE EPISODE YOU ARE ABOUT TO WATCH WAS FILMED WITH A LIVE AUDIENCE IN A
SINGLE TAKE
NO RESETS
NO RESTARTS
NO DO-OVERS

This is demonstrably not true, especially in the pilot given that there are
inserts of a CGI spaceship and shots of hands working controls and such
that I bet were shot separately and put in later. Also, there are post
edits where they removed language and such.

Basically a two person Space series that takes place on one set (or
possibly two, but I think they just revamped the main set after the pilot)
with about the production values of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

The IMDb proudly proclaims, that people who liked this also like THE ARK,
which should tell you everything you need to know about the writing and the
science.

Two people in an earth/moon shuttle, carrying helium three an improbably
short way into the future from now.

Wackiness ensues.

The secondary creative is named Lillian Diaz-Przybyl. If you can trick her
into saying her name backwards, she’ll be sent home.

The blurbs all say that the show was interactive, although I have no idea
how that would possibly be, and that the CGI effects were done live and I
don’t believe that either.

Remember the Supergirl “writer“ who said that it didn’t matter if you wrote
a good script as long as you put in lots of woke messages? This is that
script.

All the ratings on IMDb are nines or tens. Clearly the only people
reviewing it are the people that created it.

This is one of those things that infiltrates real programming from the DUST
channel. So far everything I’ve checked out from there is just horrible.

Also, on the day, I learned one of my best friends believes literally in
the biblical rapture. (can you say “stupid as the women on the view“?) The
fire stick offered me:

THE MOMENT AFTER.
And
THE MOMENT AFTER. TWO ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.
Religious fantasy from a husband and wife team, full of intentional howlers
like “reading the Bible is what keeps us sane”

Thousands of people vanish in a flash of white light. None of it makes
sense. One guy was a passenger in a car driven by his wife. She vanishes
and we see the car run up onto a sidewalk with the windshield smashed out.
What caused that? She vanished, the car didn’t hit anything, and he’s fine.

While the power is out, everywhere, peoples doorbells work fine. While the
phones are out everywhere, everybody is calling into the FBI to report the
disappearances. Despite the fact that the disappearances were four hours
earlier the FBI is dispatching teams to interview everybody that was left
behind.

Across the two movies, civilization, all but collapses due to the lack of
Christians (sort of doubt this would bother China or India, except they
wouldn’t have anyone to prey on maybe). A new evil government worldwide
comes to power And put chips in everybody’s hands. Meanwhile, the heathens
who were left behind, become more religious than ever apparently because
they think there will be a second culling.

It would all be hysterically funny if I didn’t know that people were
believing it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<3n8i2jpa7433vrj26qapvh553ecngc21e5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223074&group=rec.arts.tv#223074

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:21:41 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:21 UTC

On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 05:31:02 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>Still catching up on grading (getting there...)
>
>So, yesterday, I watched one soap. Then I graded. They I limped into an
>episode of "Wheel of Fortune". Then I got sucked into watching
>"Deadpool" off HBO, and finished it to the end! before going to bed. ;p

You should watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cen0rBKLuYE

>So really, only thing worth mentioning is:
>

>What did you watch?

Not much.. NCIS original where in we got to see the agents try to
track down Tuvok's killers. I also watched a bit of Youtube including
this lovely performance: https://youtu.be/Fvy-cTDxv10

Oh I also got in the first part of BATMAN THE LONG HALLOWEEN, which
moved slowly but developed much as expected.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<239i2jh8gr0e233nh8drblg9r8s7tk5rbn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223075&group=rec.arts.tv#223075

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:50:32 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:50 UTC

On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 07:21:26 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> Still catching up on grading (getting there...)
>>

>> What did you watch?
>

>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>Awful stuff. Who is surprised?
>
>ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)
>
>From 2018 comes this mini series (eight episodes) of many episodes,
>starring mini super cutie Yasmine Al-Bustami.
>
>Each installment begins with the statement:
>THE EPISODE YOU ARE ABOUT TO WATCH WAS FILMED WITH A LIVE AUDIENCE IN A
>SINGLE TAKE
>NO RESETS
>NO RESTARTS
>NO DO-OVERS
>
>This is demonstrably not true, especially in the pilot given that there are
>inserts of a CGI spaceship and shots of hands working controls and such
>that I bet were shot separately and put in later. Also, there are post
>edits where they removed language and such.
>
>Basically a two person Space series that takes place on one set (or
>possibly two, but I think they just revamped the main set after the pilot)
>with about the production values of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
>
>The IMDb proudly proclaims, that people who liked this also like THE ARK,
>which should tell you everything you need to know about the writing and the
>science.
>
>Two people in an earth/moon shuttle, carrying helium three an improbably
>short way into the future from now.
>
>Wackiness ensues.
>
>The secondary creative is named Lillian Diaz-Przybyl. If you can trick her
>into saying her name backwards, she’ll be sent home.
>
>The blurbs all say that the show was interactive, although I have no idea
>how that would possibly be, and that the CGI effects were done live and I
>don’t believe that either.
>
>Remember the Supergirl “writer“ who said that it didn’t matter if you wrote
>a good script as long as you put in lots of woke messages? This is that
>script.

I thought that was a rarity. Then yesterday I was watching a Youtube
video about yet another person who cut by Disney who is suing the
company because she lost out on millions of dollars because they
cancelled the show she was supposed to run and cut some other projects
she was supposed to be involved with. She couldn't accept that the
Acolyte didn't have a good reaction with the fans and so Disney made
the decision to save money by cutting the project. They also cut back
on the other projects they had planned to have her involved in because
she wasn't seen as the money maker they thought she would be.
Partially because she was focused on DEI over story.

Then we've got Mindy Kaling attacking fans who were upset with the
VELMA show because of the DEI agenda they followed where they changed
many of the original characters. She went on to attack the fans that
didn't support the changes they made. I don't understand why these
people can't see why people would prefer characters remain the same
over the years when there's no story reason for a change. It's like
the changes the BBC has been making to classic Shakespeare stories
with black actors being added to the productions even though they
clearly would not have been part of that world at that time.

Any way, here are her words so you can judge for yourself.

I just think
it's ridiculous how Scooby-Doo fans are
acting in such a childish way with a
series that is only aiming to make the
world a better place by supporting
diversity equity and inclusion toxic
fans tend to make up slang words for
what fits their narrative like race
swapping or gender swapping and as a
comedian I think it's quite hysterical
how some of these fans remain very
entitled like that to make up such slang
words this is a series where I think the
toxic side of the fans of Scooby-Doo
should really keep quiet and not let any
of their biased opinions from spilling
into the void because it only ruins the
experience of others that obviously love
the series through and through I don't
see this series as changing different
characters cater to race I don't see
that at all all I see is a simple design
change for those like Velma Shaggy and
among others that we hope to do in the
future it has been an honor working with
HBO on this show that supported velma's
design change in this way I just think
it's horrible horrible horrible horrible
how fans get so upset over an animated
series like yet for real guys it doesn't
impact anybody's lives what HBO is doing
and something I am rooting for is to
create something for new fans or fans
that are open to change to the modern
world especially with the Velma series I
am proud to be a part of season 2 that
takes the steps even further for
supporting diversity equity and
inclusion it's a wonderful experience
and I so hope that we get the chance to
do a season 3 heck I have been asking
and begging for Shaggy to get his own
series on a standalone show and if he
does I think we can assume the same
toxic demographic will continue to make
unnecessary noise that only gets in the
way all I ask from everyone is to let
the product speak for itself and I know
I know this is how Executives talk with
their products but it's real we need to
follow what works and what doesn't and
obviously HBO felt that we had garnered
enough fans to move forward with the
season 2 which is why I'm confident that
we will make it with a third one I ask
everyone who looks forward to Velma to
not listen to the loud minority that
seemingly remains in fear of change and
frightened over Dei Dei is something
that really makes film and television an
even greater experience because it
allows us to open up to so many other
people around the world that can relate
to these characters fans of Scooby-Doo
obviously have no clue what they are
talking about when it involves the Velma
series they should be focused on the
story and the dialogue that our creative
team put together for our audience

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0belc$2ej29$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223078&group=rec.arts.tv#223078

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:14:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:14 UTC

>Wed, 24 Apr 2024 07:21:26 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>:
>>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>Awful stuff. Who is surprised?

>>ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)

>>From 2018 comes this mini series (eight episodes) of many episodes,
>>starring mini super cutie Yasmine Al-Bustami.

>>Each installment begins with the statement:
>>THE EPISODE YOU ARE ABOUT TO WATCH WAS FILMED WITH A LIVE AUDIENCE IN A
>>SINGLE TAKE
>>NO RESETS
>>NO RESTARTS
>>NO DO-OVERS

>>This is demonstrably not true, especially in the pilot given that there are
>>inserts of a CGI spaceship and shots of hands working controls and such
>>that I bet were shot separately and put in later. Also, there are post
>>edits where they removed language and such.

>>Basically a two person Space series that takes place on one set (or
>>possibly two, but I think they just revamped the main set after the pilot)
>>with about the production values of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

>>The IMDb proudly proclaims, that people who liked this also like THE ARK,
>>which should tell you everything you need to know about the writing and the
>>science.

>>Two people in an earth/moon shuttle, carrying helium three an improbably
>>short way into the future from now.

>>Wackiness ensues.

>>The secondary creative is named Lillian Diaz-Przybyl. If you can trick her
>>into saying her name backwards, she'll be sent home.

>>The blurbs all say that the show was interactive, although I have no idea
>>how that would possibly be, and that the CGI effects were done live and I
>>don't believe that either.

>>Remember the Supergirl "writer" who said that it didn't matter if you
>>wrote a good script as long as you put in lots of woke messages? This
>>is that script.

>I thought that was a rarity. Then yesterday I was watching a Youtube
>video about yet another person who cut by Disney who is suing the
>company because she lost out on millions of dollars because they
>cancelled the show she was supposed to run and cut some other projects
>she was supposed to be involved with. She couldn't accept that the
>Acolyte didn't have a good reaction with the fans and so Disney made
>the decision to save money by cutting the project. They also cut back
>on the other projects they had planned to have her involved in because
>she wasn't seen as the money maker they thought she would be.
>Partially because she was focused on DEI over story.

But what about the show runners who started with good scripts but got
notes from studio executives ordering them to ruin the scripts with
social justice messaging? In that case, not being able to find an
audience isn't the show runner's fault.

>Then we've got Mindy Kaling attacking fans who were upset with the
>VELMA show because of the DEI agenda they followed where they changed
>many of the original characters. She went on to attack the fans that
>didn't support the changes they made.

Velma WAS diversity for that era. I'm not sure what Fred was. He was
costumed like a throwback to decades earlier and I'm surprised he wasn't
wearing a racoon coat.

>I don't understand why these people can't see why people would prefer
>characters remain the same over the years when there's no story reason
>for a change.

Mindy, you are the producer. The consumer is supposed to express a
preference by buying or not buying what you are selling. How very
condescending of you that diversity hires have to be protected from the
marketplace when given the opportunity to succeed. If they were hired,
not to give them an opportunity but to fail, you have caused actual harm
to the very people you are purporting to help.

No entertainer is owed an audience. It doesn't work like that! It's
never worked like that!

>It's like the changes the BBC has been making to classic Shakespeare
>stories with black actors being added to the productions even though
>they clearly would not have been part of that world at that time.

Shakespeare is filled with un-PC language. I hope they rewrote it all...
and the guilty parties get the Vincent Price/Mrs. Peel treatment from
Theater of Blood.

>Any way, here are her words so you can judge for yourself.

I've judged; I've judged.

>. . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<h7gi2jthfk183if1vv347ca9738q3e39in@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223079&group=rec.arts.tv#223079

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 13:32:49 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:32 UTC

On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:14:20 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>Wed, 24 Apr 2024 07:21:26 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>:
>>>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>>>Awful stuff. Who is surprised?
>
>>>ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)
>
>>>From 2018 comes this mini series (eight episodes) of many episodes,
>>>starring mini super cutie Yasmine Al-Bustami.
>
>>>Each installment begins with the statement:
>>>THE EPISODE YOU ARE ABOUT TO WATCH WAS FILMED WITH A LIVE AUDIENCE IN A
>>>SINGLE TAKE
>>>NO RESETS
>>>NO RESTARTS
>>>NO DO-OVERS
>
>>>This is demonstrably not true, especially in the pilot given that there are
>>>inserts of a CGI spaceship and shots of hands working controls and such
>>>that I bet were shot separately and put in later. Also, there are post
>>>edits where they removed language and such.
>
>>>Basically a two person Space series that takes place on one set (or
>>>possibly two, but I think they just revamped the main set after the pilot)
>>>with about the production values of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
>
>>>The IMDb proudly proclaims, that people who liked this also like THE ARK,
>>>which should tell you everything you need to know about the writing and the
>>>science.
>
>>>Two people in an earth/moon shuttle, carrying helium three an improbably
>>>short way into the future from now.
>
>>>Wackiness ensues.
>
>>>The secondary creative is named Lillian Diaz-Przybyl. If you can trick her
>>>into saying her name backwards, she'll be sent home.
>
>>>The blurbs all say that the show was interactive, although I have no idea
>>>how that would possibly be, and that the CGI effects were done live and I
>>>don't believe that either.
>
>>>Remember the Supergirl "writer" who said that it didn't matter if you
>>>wrote a good script as long as you put in lots of woke messages? This
>>>is that script.
>
>>I thought that was a rarity. Then yesterday I was watching a Youtube
>>video about yet another person who cut by Disney who is suing the
>>company because she lost out on millions of dollars because they
>>cancelled the show she was supposed to run and cut some other projects
>>she was supposed to be involved with. She couldn't accept that the
>>Acolyte didn't have a good reaction with the fans and so Disney made
>>the decision to save money by cutting the project. They also cut back
>>on the other projects they had planned to have her involved in because
>>she wasn't seen as the money maker they thought she would be.
>>Partially because she was focused on DEI over story.
>
>But what about the show runners who started with good scripts but got
>notes from studio executives ordering them to ruin the scripts with
>social justice messaging? In that case, not being able to find an
>audience isn't the show runner's fault.

Oh, I agree about that. That's long been a case and certainly we see
from the CEO on down that Disney is pushing DEI on everyone. It's
clearly being forced to be added even if it makes no sense from a
story perspective. Hell, it's apparently what convinced Jenna Ortega
to not get involved with Disney. She apparently was set to be in the
next Pirates of Caribbean movie and very much wanted to be in the MCU
but when Disney kept talking about DEI and how it needed to be
involved in these movies over talking about the scripts and having a
good story, she bowed out.

>>Then we've got Mindy Kaling attacking fans who were upset with the
>>VELMA show because of the DEI agenda they followed where they changed
>>many of the original characters. She went on to attack the fans that
>>didn't support the changes they made.
>
>Velma WAS diversity for that era. I'm not sure what Fred was. He was
>costumed like a throwback to decades earlier and I'm surprised he wasn't
>wearing a racoon coat.
>
>>I don't understand why these people can't see why people would prefer
>>characters remain the same over the years when there's no story reason
>>for a change.
>
>Mindy, you are the producer. The consumer is supposed to express a
>preference by buying or not buying what you are selling. How very
>condescending of you that diversity hires have to be protected from the
>marketplace when given the opportunity to succeed. If they were hired,
>not to give them an opportunity but to fail, you have caused actual harm
>to the very people you are purporting to help.
>
>No entertainer is owed an audience. It doesn't work like that! It's
>never worked like that!

That's so unfair. You must watch what they produce because they are
trying to make the world a better place.

>>It's like the changes the BBC has been making to classic Shakespeare
>>stories with black actors being added to the productions even though
>>they clearly would not have been part of that world at that time.
>
>Shakespeare is filled with un-PC language. I hope they rewrote it all...
>and the guilty parties get the Vincent Price/Mrs. Peel treatment from
>Theater of Blood.
>
>>Any way, here are her words so you can judge for yourself.
>
>I've judged; I've judged.
>
>>. . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0bh8t$2f5te$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223082&group=rec.arts.tv#223082

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:58:53 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:58 UTC

On 4/24/24 7:17 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> On 4/24/2024 5:31 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>>
>> So really, only thing worth mentioning is:
>>
>> DOOL - Holly was showing midriff in this epie, and looked like a hott
>> tramp! Out of nowhere, they introduced a new "teen" - Holly's friend
>> (who is even shorter than Holly!) who seriously seems like she wants
>> to rape NuTate - and, of course, 'cos of [contrivances!!] Holly is
>> lying to her friend about her relationship with Tate, so the friend
>> thinks she has a greenlight to rape Tate! What could possibly go
>> wrong!?! Meanwhile, Eric is convinced that Sloan is lying to him about
>> their finances (she is!!). Otherwise, not much happened.
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Once again not much.
>
> I have the Shogun finale saved for later.
>
> I've been very annoyed that I never get to watch Shogun live, but it
> starts too late and lasts too long for me to watch it as airs, so I
> always end up starting it, then finishing the next day.

The way you're doing it, at least you're watching in 4k. And in Dolby
Vision, if you're pulling it off Disney+!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<atropos-D96B73.11060724042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223083&group=rec.arts.tv#223083

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:06:08 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 18:06 UTC

In article <239i2jh8gr0e233nh8drblg9r8s7tk5rbn@4ax.com>,

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 07:21:26 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> Still catching up on grading (getting there...)

> >> What did you watch?

> >ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)

> >Two people in an earth/moon shuttle, carrying helium three an improbably
> >short way into the future from now.
> >
> >Wackiness ensues.
> >
> >The secondary creative is named Lillian Diaz-Przybyl. If you can trick
> >her into saying her name backwards, she'll be sent home.

> >Remember the Supergirl "writer" who said that it didn't matter if you
> >wrote a good script as long as you put in lots of woke messages? This
> >is that script.
>
> I thought that was a rarity. Then yesterday I was watching a Youtube
> video about yet another person who cut by Disney who is suing the
> company because she lost out on millions of dollars because they
> cancelled the show she was supposed to run and cut some other projects
> she was supposed to be involved with. She couldn't accept that the
> Acolyte didn't have a good reaction with the fans and so Disney made
> the decision to save money by cutting the project. They also cut back
> on the other projects they had planned to have her involved in because
> she wasn't seen as the money maker they thought she would be.
> Partially because she was focused on DEI over story.
>
> Then we've got Mindy Kaling attacking fans who were upset with the
> VELMA show because of the DEI agenda they followed where they changed
> many of the original characters. She went on to attack the fans that
> didn't support the changes they made. I don't understand why these
> people can't see why people would prefer characters remain the same
> over the years when there's no story reason for a change. It's like
> the changes the BBC has been making to classic Shakespeare stories
> with black actors being added to the productions even though they
> clearly would not have been part of that world at that time.
>
> Any way, here are her words so you can judge for yourself.
>
> I just think
> it's ridiculous how Scooby-Doo fans are
> acting in such a childish way with a
> series that is only aiming to make the
> world a better place by supporting
> diversity equity and inclusion toxic
> fans tend to make up slang words for
> what fits their narrative like race
> swapping or gender swapping and as a
> comedian I think it's quite hysterical
> how some of these fans remain very
> entitled like that to make up such slang

Now we're 'entitled' for even talking about what they're doing. She's
not 'entitled' for ruining a show millions of people fondly remember
from their childhood. No, the millions of people are 'entitled' for
noticing her doing it and not liking it.

And no, Mindy. Those aren't 'slang' words. They're merely terms made up
of normal English words that accurately describe what you and your
fellow travelers are doing.

> words this is a series where I think the
> toxic side of the fans of Scooby-Doo
> should really keep quiet and not let any
> of their biased opinions from spilling
> into the void because it only ruins the
> experience of others that obviously love
> the series through and through

Now she's presuming to literally tell us who should be allowed to speak
and who shouldn't.

I bet her next decree will be that people should be forced to watch the
show whether they like it or not; they shouldn't be 'entitled' to
boycott something that has DEI in it.

> all I ask from everyone is to let
> the product speak for itself and I know
> I know this is how Executives talk with
> their products but it's real we need to
> follow what works and what doesn't

If we actually followed what works and what doesn't, Netflix and HBO
would have pulled this abomination after Episode 1 and fired your ass.

> fans of Scooby-Doo
> obviously have no clue what they are
> talking about when it involves the Velma
> series

Oh, absolutely! Spot on, there, Mindy. Die hard fans of a show are
*always* the ones least informed about it. Trekkies know nothing about
STAR TREK. All those STAR WARS fans? Clueless about STAR WARS. Those
people who wear Hogwarts robes to school? The last thing you should do
is ask them about Harry Potter. They know nothing.

Only woke TV producers know anything about anything.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0bi0h$2f8ok$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223084&group=rec.arts.tv#223084

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:11:29 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 18:11 UTC

On 4/24/24 7:21 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Still catching up on grading (getting there...)
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> Awful stuff. Who is surprised?
>
> ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)
>
> From 2018 comes this mini series (eight episodes) of many episodes,
> starring mini super cutie Yasmine Al-Bustami.

Freevee is another one, like Tubi, that has some rare and/or obscure TV
series that can't be found elsewhere. I stumbled across one of those
being on Freevee just the other day, though I can't remember the details
now.

Of course, none of them have "Riese [Fallen Kingdom]" which I've been
wanting to watch for almost 15 years now!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0bi9q$2f8ok$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223085&group=rec.arts.tv#223085

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:16:26 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 18:16 UTC

On 4/24/24 8:21 AM, shawn wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 05:31:02 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Still catching up on grading (getting there...)
>>
>> So, yesterday, I watched one soap. Then I graded. They I limped into an
>> episode of "Wheel of Fortune". Then I got sucked into watching
>> "Deadpool" off HBO, and finished it to the end! before going to bed. ;p
>
> You should watch this:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cen0rBKLuYE

Oh, I'll get to that when the time is right. Will probably pull it up on
my OLED TV!! :)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<atropos-3F825D.11195624042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223087&group=rec.arts.tv#223087

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:19:56 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 18:19 UTC

In article <h7gi2jthfk183if1vv347ca9738q3e39in@4ax.com>,

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:14:20 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> >shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> >>I thought that was a rarity. Then yesterday I was watching a Youtube
> >>video about yet another person who cut by Disney who is suing the
> >>company because she lost out on millions of dollars because they
> >>cancelled the show she was supposed to run and cut some other projects
> >>she was supposed to be involved with. She couldn't accept that the
> >>Acolyte didn't have a good reaction with the fans and so Disney made
> >>the decision to save money by cutting the project. They also cut back
> >>on the other projects they had planned to have her involved in because
> >>she wasn't seen as the money maker they thought she would be.
> >>Partially because she was focused on DEI over story.
> >
> >But what about the show runners who started with good scripts but got
> >notes from studio executives ordering them to ruin the scripts with
> >social justice messaging? In that case, not being able to find an
> >audience isn't the show runner's fault.
>
> Oh, I agree about that. That's long been a case and certainly we see
> from the CEO on down that Disney is pushing DEI on everyone. It's
> clearly being forced to be added even if it makes no sense from a
> story perspective. Hell, it's apparently what convinced Jenna Ortega
> to not get involved with Disney. She apparently was set to be in the
> next Pirates of Caribbean movie and very much wanted to be in the MCU
> but when Disney kept talking about DEI and how it needed to be
> involved in these movies over talking about the scripts and having a
> good story, she bowed out.

I like that girl more and more every time I hear something new about her.

(She would be fantastic in a PIRATES movie, FYI.)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<smoi2j13forl9eg4c9i0ajrob63mjh7aq6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223091&group=rec.arts.tv#223091

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:58:21 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:58 UTC

On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:11:29 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 4/24/24 7:21 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Still catching up on grading (getting there...)
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> Awful stuff. Who is surprised?
>>
>> ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)
>>
>> From 2018 comes this mini series (eight episodes) of many episodes,
>> starring mini super cutie Yasmine Al-Bustami.
>
>Freevee is another one, like Tubi, that has some rare and/or obscure TV
>series that can't be found elsewhere. I stumbled across one of those
>being on Freevee just the other day, though I can't remember the details
>now.
>
>Of course, none of them have "Riese [Fallen Kingdom]" which I've been
>wanting to watch for almost 15 years now!!

Hmm, Amazon Prime Video has the series listed but must be only
available in certain countries. Of course it also helps to list the
correct name, Ian, "Riese: Kingdom Falling". LOL

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<1327497961.735681408.742048.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223095&group=rec.arts.tv#223095

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:26:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 22:26 UTC

> [...]
>> Acolyte didn't have a good reaction with the fans and so Disney made
>> the decision to save money by cutting the project. They also cut back
>> on the other projects they had planned to have her involved in because
>> she wasn't seen as the money maker they thought she would be.
>> Partially because she was focused on DEI over story.
>
> But what about the show runners who started with good scripts but got
> notes from studio executives ordering them to ruin the scripts with
> social justice messaging? In that case, not being able to find an
> audience isn't the show runner's fault.
>
>> Then we've got Mindy Kaling attacking fans who were upset with the
>> VELMA show because of the DEI agenda they followed where they changed
>> many of the original characters. She went on to attack the fans that
>> didn't support the changes they made.
>
> Velma WAS diversity for that era. I'm not sure what Fred was.

Hey!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<1634297813.735681171.959439.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223096&group=rec.arts.tv#223096

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:26:52 -0700
> [...]

> way all I ask from everyone is to let
> the product speak for itself and I know
> I know this is how Executives talk with
> their products but it's real we need to
> follow what works and what doesn't and
> obviously HBO felt that we had garnered
> enough fans to move forward with the
> season 2 which is why I'm confident that
> we will make it with a third one I ask
> everyone who looks forward to Velma to
> not listen to the loud minority that
> seemingly remains in fear of change and
> frightened over Dei Dei is something
> that really makes film and television an
> even greater experience because it
> allows us to open up to so many other
> people around the world that can relate
> to these characters fans of Scooby-Doo
> obviously have no clue what they are
> talking about when it involves the Velma
> series they should be focused on the
> story and the dialogue that our creative

Good God woman, take a breath, buy some punctuation!

I seriously thought this is who was talking

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0169934/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<1050621844.735681491.946117.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223097&group=rec.arts.tv#223097

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:26:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 22:26 UTC

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:14:20 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I thought that was a rarity. Then yesterday I was watching a Youtube
>>> video about yet another person who cut by Disney who is suing the
>>> company because she lost out on millions of dollars because they
>>> cancelled the show she was supposed to run and cut some other projects
>>> she was supposed to be involved with. She couldn't accept that the
>>> Acolyte didn't have a good reaction with the fans and so Disney made
>>> the decision to save money by cutting the project. They also cut back
>>> on the other projects they had planned to have her involved in because
>>> she wasn't seen as the money maker they thought she would be.
>>> Partially because she was focused on DEI over story.
>>
>> But what about the show runners who started with good scripts but got
>> notes from studio executives ordering them to ruin the scripts with
>> social justice messaging? In that case, not being able to find an
>> audience isn't the show runner's fault.
>
> Oh, I agree about that. That's long been a case and certainly we see
> from the CEO on down that Disney is pushing DEI on everyone. It's
> clearly being forced to be added even if it makes no sense from a
> story perspective. Hell, it's apparently what convinced Jenna Ortega
> to not get involved with Disney. She apparently was set to be in the
> next Pirates of Caribbean movie and very much wanted to be in the MCU
> but when Disney kept talking about DEI and how it needed to be
> involved in these movies over talking about the scripts and having a
> good story, she bowed out.

Interesting.

>>> Then we've got Mindy Kaling attacking fans who were upset with the
>>> VELMA show because of the DEI agenda they followed where they changed
>>> many of the original characters. She went on to attack the fans that
>>> didn't support the changes they made.
>>
>> Velma WAS diversity for that era. I'm not sure what Fred was. He was
>> costumed like a throwback to decades earlier and I'm surprised he wasn't
>> wearing a racoon coat.
>>
>>> I don't understand why these people can't see why people would prefer
>>> characters remain the same over the years when there's no story reason
>>> for a change.
>>
>> Mindy, you are the producer. The consumer is supposed to express a
>> preference by buying or not buying what you are selling. How very
>> condescending of you that diversity hires have to be protected from the
>> marketplace when given the opportunity to succeed. If they were hired,
>> not to give them an opportunity but to fail, you have caused actual harm
>> to the very people you are purporting to help.
>>
>> No entertainer is owed an audience. It doesn't work like that! It's
>> never worked like that!
>
> That's so unfair. You must watch what they produce because they are
> trying to make the world a better place.

I laughed for a minute at that until I realized she was serious. Woman
needs to switch to decaf.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<1190786474.735681819.539297.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223098&group=rec.arts.tv#223098

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:26:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 22:26 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/24/24 7:21 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Still catching up on grading (getting there...)
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> Awful stuff. Who is surprised?
>>
>> ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)
>>
>> From 2018 comes this mini series (eight episodes) of many episodes,
>> starring mini super cutie Yasmine Al-Bustami.
>
> Freevee is another one, like Tubi, that has some rare and/or obscure TV
> series that can't be found elsewhere. I stumbled across one of those
> being on Freevee just the other day, though I can't remember the details
> now.
>
> Of course, none of them have "Riese [Fallen Kingdom]" which I've been
> wanting to watch for almost 15 years now!!

You mean the one with Amanda tapping?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0cah4$2khhm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223100&group=rec.arts.tv#223100

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 18:09:59 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 01:09 UTC

On 4/24/2024 8:50 AM, shawn wrote:
> [...]
> on the other projects they had planned to have her involved in because
> she wasn't seen as the money maker they thought she would be.
> Partially because she was focused on DEI over story.
>

> Then we've got Mindy Kaling attacking fans who were upset with the
> VELMA show because of the DEI agenda they followed where they changed
> many of the original characters. She went on to attack the fans that
> didn't support the changes they made. I don't understand why these
> people can't see why people would prefer characters remain the same
> over the years when there's no story reason for a change. It's like
> the changes the BBC has been making to classic Shakespeare stories
> with black actors being added to the productions even though they
> clearly would not have been part of that world at that time.
>
> Any way, here are her words so you can judge for yourself.

<massive snippage> But apparently she doesn't feel Inclusiveness
includes punctuation.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0cett$2p5n6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223101&group=rec.arts.tv#223101

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:25:00 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 02:25 UTC

On 4/24/24 12:58 PM, shawn wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:11:29 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> Awful stuff. Who is surprised?
>>>
>>> ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)
>>>
>>> From 2018 comes this mini series (eight episodes) of many episodes,
>>> starring mini super cutie Yasmine Al-Bustami.
>>
>> Freevee is another one, like Tubi, that has some rare and/or obscure TV
>> series that can't be found elsewhere. I stumbled across one of those
>> being on Freevee just the other day, though I can't remember the details
>> now.
>>
>> Of course, none of them have "Riese [Fallen Kingdom]" which I've been
>> wanting to watch for almost 15 years now!!
>
> Hmm, Amazon Prime Video has the series listed but must be only
> available in certain countries. Of course it also helps to list the
> correct name, Ian, "Riese: Kingdom Falling". LOL

When it first came out as a web series, I am quite sure it was just
"Riese". I feel like this "Kingdom Falling" thing was added later...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0cevl$2p5n6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223102&group=rec.arts.tv#223102

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:25:57 -0700

On 4/24/24 3:26 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> Awful stuff. Who is surprised?
>>>
>>> ORBITAL REDUX (Freevee)
>>>
>>> From 2018 comes this mini series (eight episodes) of many episodes,
>>> starring mini super cutie Yasmine Al-Bustami.
>>
>> Freevee is another one, like Tubi, that has some rare and/or obscure TV
>> series that can't be found elsewhere. I stumbled across one of those
>> being on Freevee just the other day, though I can't remember the details
>> now.
>>
>> Of course, none of them have "Riese [Fallen Kingdom]" which I've been
>> wanting to watch for almost 15 years now!!
>
> You mean the one with Amanda tapping?

I mean the one staring a young and hott Christine Chatelain. :p

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<c3gj2j552th4qpchj4bdhct2a1cunoo2ps@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223103&group=rec.arts.tv#223103

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 22:31:57 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 02:31 UTC

On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:25:00 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 4/24/24 12:58 PM, shawn wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:11:29 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Freevee is another one, like Tubi, that has some rare and/or obscure TV
>>> series that can't be found elsewhere. I stumbled across one of those
>>> being on Freevee just the other day, though I can't remember the details
>>> now.
>>>
>>> Of course, none of them have "Riese [Fallen Kingdom]" which I've been
>>> wanting to watch for almost 15 years now!!
>>
>> Hmm, Amazon Prime Video has the series listed but must be only
>> available in certain countries. Of course it also helps to list the
>> correct name, Ian, "Riese: Kingdom Falling". LOL
>
>When it first came out as a web series, I am quite sure it was just
>"Riese". I feel like this "Kingdom Falling" thing was added later...

According to what I read SyFy called it "Riese: The Series" which is
what I see the few videos on Youtube calling it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0cgon$2p5n6$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223104&group=rec.arts.tv#223104

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:56:23 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 02:56 UTC

On 4/24/24 7:31 PM, shawn wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:25:00 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/24 12:58 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> Hmm, Amazon Prime Video has the series listed but must be only
>>> available in certain countries. Of course it also helps to list the
>>> correct name, Ian, "Riese: Kingdom Falling". LOL
>>
>> When it first came out as a web series, I am quite sure it was just
>> "Riese". I feel like this "Kingdom Falling" thing was added later...
>
> According to what I read SyFy called it "Riese: The Series" which is
> what I see the few videos on Youtube calling it.

Yeah, that seems right.
"Kingdom Falling" was definitely added later...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<v0cjdr$2puht$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223106&group=rec.arts.tv#223106

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 20:41:47 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 03:41 UTC

On 4/24/2024 10:58 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/24/24 7:17 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/2024 5:31 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> So really, only thing worth mentioning is:
>>>
>>> DOOL - Holly was showing midriff in this epie, and looked like a hott
>>> tramp! Out of nowhere, they introduced a new "teen" - Holly's friend
>>> (who is even shorter than Holly!) who seriously seems like she wants
>>> to rape NuTate - and, of course, 'cos of [contrivances!!] Holly is
>>> lying to her friend about her relationship with Tate, so the friend
>>> thinks she has a greenlight to rape Tate! What could possibly go
>>> wrong!?! Meanwhile, Eric is convinced that Sloan is lying to him
>>> about their finances (she is!!). Otherwise, not much happened.
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Once again not much.
>>
>> I have the Shogun finale saved for later.
>>
>> I've been very annoyed that I never get to watch Shogun live, but it
>> starts too late and lasts too long for me to watch it as airs, so I
>> always end up starting it, then finishing the next day.
>
> The way you're doing it, at least you're watching in 4k. And in Dolby
> Vision, if you're pulling it off Disney+!

My options are F/X or Hulu. And I don't have Hulu. The broadcast
version of F/X is in 4K, but no HDR (Dolby Vision).

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<1148162125.735707552.816001.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223112&group=rec.arts.tv#223112

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 03:28:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 10:28 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/24/24 3:26 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Freevee is another one, like Tubi, that has some rare and/or obscure TV
>>> series that can't be found elsewhere. I stumbled across one of those
>>> being on Freevee just the other day, though I can't remember the details
>>> now.
>>>
>>> Of course, none of them have "Riese [Fallen Kingdom]" which I've been
>>> wanting to watch for almost 15 years now!!
>>
>> You mean the one with Amanda tapping?
>
> I mean the one staring a young and hott Christine Chatelain. :p

Not helpful.

In any event, I have totally struck out on any trace of it even once I was
given the correct title.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-23 (Tuesday)

<2020266580.735707964.310336.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223113&group=rec.arts.tv#223113

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 03:28:01 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 10:28 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/24/24 7:31 PM, shawn wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:25:00 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> When it first came out as a web series, I am quite sure it was just
>>> "Riese". I feel like this "Kingdom Falling" thing was added later...
>>
>> According to what I read SyFy called it "Riese: The Series" which is
>> what I see the few videos on Youtube calling it.
>
> Yeah, that seems right.
> "Kingdom Falling" was definitely added later...

Well, with that info, I was able to find

Riese Kingdom Falling

The only thing is they are AVI files.

In French

Or dubbed in German

With Netherlands subtitles.

Were you aware this is some sort of webisode series of 10 nine minute
episodes?