From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-24 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

I watched:

AI TRIES TO WRITE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDES FOR EVERYDAY TASKS:
https://youtu.be/XzXDCj-qKTE?si=HgOSVDVDT58DIxTP

JOE BIDEN GETS FLIPPED OFF BY KIDS WHILE CAMPAIGNING LOL:
https://youtu.be/ohWGfkglu6w?si=KfBNJ5D0u5vqAI53

NIGHT STAND WITH DICK DIETRICK: "Sexaholics" (pilot):
Dick's pilot, featuring Bob -- who is sick and needs help
https://youtu.be/43H6lp_IJqI?si=lAL4CLVfiZBgkP_-

ALIENS TAKING OVER OUR *BRAINS*??? - The Brain Eaters (1958):
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Brain Eaters
(1958), it's only an hour long and it's not very good but there's always
something to talk about!
https://youtu.be/7zW7bQ3DHWI?si=_0g1kCOEsWQkdM_f

ANOTHER *LYING* MOVIE POSTER - Tobor the Great (1954):
https://youtu.be/X9qgp4mien0?si=y-E5_Fox17dvWLtH

DOES THIS MOVIE *DESERVE* ALL THE *HATE*??? - Monster a Go-Go (1965):
https://youtu.be/48Z0Tj5ay_E?si=JW3jExdUjT-_IQtV

EATING THIS STUFF IS A BAD IDEA!!!:
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about The Stuff (1985) , a
satirical horror movie about the stuff we eat!
https://youtu.be/zfj6SAA_9ec?si=U8lkKmi3jhGHlVBq

HALF-MAN, HALF-*JELLYFISH*:
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Sting of Death
(1965)!
https://youtu.be/E6HIZvPPwjc?si=ClDmA_T1D7aNB8oX

HOW *BAD* IS HOWARD THE DUCK???:
https://youtu.be/74LdMwDe2Qk?si=OTBt2X-EqyGKIcNI

HOW BAD IS THE MASTER OF DISGUISE???:
https://youtu.be/W0M4F_z8MbI?si=kj9l49Lm3rxWffro

THE WHOLE MOVIE IS LIKE A *BAD TRIP*! - Electric Shades of Grey (1971):
https://youtu.be/jTQgOSmB5b8?si=IDlmgMjOcaVFA23y

THE *MOST CONTROVERSIAL* CHRISTMAS MOVIE FRANCHISE!:
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about the Silent Night,
Deadly Night FRANCHISE!
https://youtu.be/4QKi4OMzzCc?si=dDK3PiGAhcjPb4yk

WHAT'S *WRONG* WITH THE WICKER MAN???:
https://youtu.be/ObNjishYt7w?si=KESJSMAma3V2fTH5

DOCTOR WHO IS A *CORPSE* & GATWA IS *TWERKING* ON ITS *GRAVE* | COMPARES
WHOVIANS TO *PIGS* IN NEW COMMENTS:
Doctor Who was defiled and destroyed in a single episode called The Timeless
Children under Chris Chibnall, and any hopes that Russell T. Davies would set
things right were dashed to bits when the newest Doctor Ncuti Gatwa went on a
woke bender, slamming white people, mocking the franchise, and comparing all
of us to PIGS. Thanks Gatwa...now we know we should avoid this train wreck
at all costs. Here is my rant about how Doctor Who is dead, and Gatwa is
buggering the corpse! #doctorwho #ncutigatwa #ripdoctorwho
https://youtu.be/adERqWkSlUk?si=hoBqk0oguJdC6xzG

JON FAVREAU *QUITS* STAR WARS?! LATEST RUMOR SUGGESTS HE HAS HAD *ENOUGH*
WITH *FILONI*!:
This is a rumor I've been sitting on for four days now, trying to get more
confirmation from my Hollywood spies, but I don't think I can sit on this
anymore. Multiple sources have contacted my Hollywood spies with rumors
about Favreau, Filoni, and the Mandalorian movie. With the usual caveats, I
present you with what I've been told about the current state of Star Wars,
but do bear in mind, this is JUST a rumor, and if I get any more information
on this one way or another, I will post an update ASAP, yea or nay! #starwars
#disney #lucasfilm
https://youtu.be/asj7GHyI8Hg?si=FL2MDDUuebiUJyuS

EIGHT STEPS TO SECURE THE 2024 ELECTION:
Will the 2024 presidential election be secure from bad actors? What has
your state done to ensure it will be? According to a poll done by ABC,
confidence in our election system is at a dangerous low of 20%. Some of
that confidence may be low because of what the Biden administration had
done by executive order to change the voting process. The Washington
Post reported, "New voting laws in swing states could shape the 2024
election." The laws are designed to make voting in places like Michigan
and North Carolina easier, but will it make voting more secure? And
what about the "shadow campaign that saved the 2020 election" from
Donald Trump as reported by TIME? Glenn reveals we should expect more
"fortifying" from a "well-funded cabal of powerful people" in 2024. But
don't lose hope. By the end of this special edition of Glenn TV, Glenn
Beck reveals a plan to INCREASE voter confidence in your own county in
eight simple steps.
What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-24 (Wednesday)

<v0dkf4$30scp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223123&group=rec.arts.tv#223123

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-24 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 06:05:40 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 13:05 UTC

On 4/25/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

After a successful day of grading (and a lab practice session), I got
home and wanted to watch:

Fallout (Prime) - "The Past" (ep. #1.5). Maximus is back in this epie,
but no Ghoul.
Maximus unwisely tells his squire, Thaddeus, the truth of his
identity, and Thaddeus reverts to true form by being a coward and
freaking out - he basically tries to kill Maximus by locking Maximus in
his depowered suit. (Hopefully, Maximus kills Thaddeus later!) Lucy
comes across Maximus, and frees him from his suit, and in return Maximus
gives Lucy radiation treatment (for the radioactive water she drank in
the previous epie) - What is the science here? What is this magic serum
that cures radioactivity?!!... (I know this is from a video game, but
you think they could do better than this!) Anyway, they together agree
to hunt down Thaddeus to get the head back. Lucy asks Maximus about the
200 years since the bomb, but Maximus seems completely ignorant. We do
find out that there was at least one attempt to restart civilization,
with the "New California Republic", but its capital (in the LA area?!)
was apparently bombed somehow - this is where Maximus lived as a boy.
Towards the end, Maximus gets winged by some "Fiends", and needs medical
attention, which Lucy attempts to acquire in an abandoned hospital, but
instead she and Maximus end up in a vault!!
Meanwhile in Vault 33/etc., Norm continues to investigate, and
determines that every person who has been an overseer in both Vaults 33
and 32 has come from Vault 31. When Norm asks Stephanie what life was
like in Vault 31, she gets all weird. Betty (Leslie Uggams - and, yes,
she's from "Deadpool"!), who is also from Vault 31, is elected overseer,
trouncing Woody and Reg by such a large margin that it seems suspicious.
Betty then orders Vault 32 be repopulated, but Norm and Chet are
astonished to see that all traces of the massacre have been "cleaned",
in a very short amount of time.

Then I watched:

soaps: GH - Tues' ep. This was pretty much a "throwaway" ep., as it was
entirely about Brook Lynn's and Chase's bachelorette and bachelor
parties, respectively. (So no Carly, Sonny or Nina.) The only real
developments were that Dex is getting the cold shoulder from almost
everyone else in the Port Charles Police Dept, and a drunk Josslyn
getting into another fight with NuKristina, and revealing to Kristina
that Sonny ordered a hit on Cyrus.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-24 (Wednesday)

<v0e1dn$33qs5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223125&group=rec.arts.tv#223125

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:46:39 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 16:46 UTC

On 4/25/2024 6:05 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/25/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> After a successful day of grading (and a lab practice session), I got
> home and wanted to watch:
>
> Fallout (Prime) - "The Past" (ep. #1.5). Maximus is back in this epie,
> but no Ghoul.
>    Maximus unwisely tells his squire, Thaddeus, the truth of his
> identity, and Thaddeus reverts to true form by being a coward and
> freaking out - he basically tries to kill Maximus by locking Maximus in
> his depowered suit. (Hopefully, Maximus kills Thaddeus later!) Lucy
> comes across Maximus, and frees him from his suit, and in return Maximus
> gives Lucy radiation treatment (for the radioactive water she drank in
> the previous epie) - What is the science here? What is this magic serum
> that cures radioactivity?!!...

The same one that lets a "Ghoul" still be alive 200 years after a
nuclear war?

(I know this is from a video game, but
> you think they could do better than this!) Anyway, they together agree
> to hunt down Thaddeus to get the head back. Lucy asks Maximus about the
> 200 years since the bomb, but Maximus seems completely ignorant. We do
> find out that there was at least one attempt to restart civilization,
> with the "New California Republic", but its capital (in the LA area?!)
> was apparently bombed somehow - this is where Maximus lived as a boy.
> Towards the end, Maximus gets winged by some "Fiends", and needs medical
> attention, which Lucy attempts to acquire in an abandoned hospital, but
> instead she and Maximus end up in a vault!!
>    Meanwhile in Vault 33/etc., Norm continues to investigate, and
> determines that every person who has been an overseer in both Vaults 33
> and 32 has come from Vault 31. When Norm asks Stephanie what life was
> like in Vault 31, she gets all weird. Betty (Leslie Uggams - and, yes,
> she's from "Deadpool"!), who is also from Vault 31, is elected overseer,
> trouncing Woody and Reg by such a large margin that it seems suspicious.
> Betty then orders Vault 32 be repopulated, but Norm and Chet are
> astonished to see that all traces of the massacre have been "cleaned",
> in a very short amount of time.
>
> Then I watched:
>
> soaps: GH - Tues' ep. This was pretty much a "throwaway" ep., as it was
> entirely about Brook Lynn's and Chase's bachelorette and bachelor
> parties, respectively. (So no Carly, Sonny or Nina.) The only real
> developments were that Dex is getting the cold shoulder from almost
> everyone else in the Port Charles Police Dept, and a drunk Josslyn
> getting into another fight with NuKristina, and revealing to Kristina
> that Sonny ordered a hit on Cyrus.
>

> What did you watch?

I watched:

Shogun - "Chapter Ten: A Dream of a Dream" - Season finale. I was
seriously underwhelmed and disappointed in the finale. Nothing
happened! As a mid season filler episode, it works fine. But as the
wrap up for the season, what were they thinking?!? The show would have
been *much* better served if they used last week's episode as the finale
and saved this one for the season 2 premier.

X-Men 97 (Disney+) - "Lifedeath – Part 2" and "Bright Eyes" - Once again
twitter bullied me into catching up by throwing various spoiler videos
on the net. OK, they were good episodes with lots happening, but I
don't like being forced to watch something for fear of spoilers.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-24 (Wednesday)

<1423204332.735771973.980790.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223185&group=rec.arts.tv#223185

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:14:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 21:14 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> [...]
>> getting into another fight with NuKristina, and revealing to Kristina
>> that Sonny ordered a hit on Cyrus.
>>

>> What did you watch?
>>

> I watched:
>
> Shogun - "Chapter Ten: A Dream of a Dream" - Season finale. I was
> seriously underwhelmed and disappointed in the finale. Nothing
> happened! As a mid season filler episode, it works fine. But as the
> wrap up for the season, what were they thinking?!? The show would have
> been *much* better served if they used last week's episode as the finale
> and saved this one for the season 2 premier.
>

> X-Men 97 (Disney+) - "Lifedeath – Part 2" and "Bright Eyes" - Once again
> twitter bullied me into catching up by throwing various spoiler videos
> on the net. OK, they were good episodes with lots happening, but I
> don't like being forced to watch something for fear of spoilers.

Just wait until Ian and I start talking about episode three of Riese
Falling Kingdom!