From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-25 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

After an arduous workout, I watched:

THE GREATEST DOCTOR WHO CLIFFHANGER OF ALL TIME:
https://youtu.be/KD4pB1fy9GE?si=gBegN4-5HTs-rl5C

WHAT'S *WRONG* WITH SUPER MARIO BROS.???:
https://youtu.be/-5sArJ47mFM?si=k0rYo8Pw6yv7wJjm

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??? - The Super Mario Bros. Movie (1993):
I review The Super Mario Bros. movie (2023) and talk
about the disaster that was Super Mario Bros. (1993)
as well as what made that production an absolute mess!
https://youtu.be/k9s_sHtFAo0?si=7pxKe0EkNc63f0Vr

EXPOSED: BIDEN'S "VISIT" TO THIS PHILADELPHIA WAWA WAS *ENTIRELY SCRIPTED* DOWN TO THE CASHIER'S "TIP":
https://youtu.be/FnL0nB5bOWM?si=py0EyNxrUnetUP6k

BIDEN ADMIN *SUES* SHEETZ SAYING ITS *RACIST* NOT TO HIRE CRIMINALS, CLAIMS NON WHITES ARE *CRIMINALS*:
Biden Admin SUES Sheetz Saying Its RACIST Not To Hire
Criminals, Claims Non Whites Are CRIMINALS
https://youtu.be/AXKuyrY39ZU?si=IJ6Shyw3N375hs0t

HOW CAN YOU *NOT* JUDGE THIS BOOK BY IT'S COVER...:
https://youtu.be/VuYfOpq-9iU?si=XbC9llQn0ZBcUkk_
They say, "don't judge a book by it's cover." Well, you
aren't supposed to scribble all over the cover either but
here we are.

THE CRAZIEST ALYSSA MILANO MELTDOWN YET:
"Charmed" actress Alyssa Milano goes on social media to post
her craziest meltdown yet. The Instagram video starts with
her asking, "Why aren't you done?" During the rant, Alyssa
starts to blame the GOP for the current state of the nation
and is tired of all the "cheating" done by the GOP to win
elections. She also blames GOP gun policies for the gun violence
in America. Does Alyssa know that currently Democrats run
the White House, Senate, and some will say the House?
Why is she even posting?
https://youtu.be/ejB4P8glZnk?si=zV1sjc2Um6-Xs6oa

THE DARK SIDE OF BIDEN'S PRESIDENCY:
America WON'T survive another four years of a Biden administration,
and as we get closer to Election Day, we want to highlight how this
president continues to lie in a way that is hurting America's future.
Biden's lying is catching up with him, and even the Washington Post
has come out against the president and called him out on the lies.
Remember what President Obama said about Biden back in 2020 when
speaking to a fellow Democrat? "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to
f**k things up." Are we seeing a dark side of Biden's presidency?
https://youtu.be/UsdT1ctvD5A?si=phbsjZOfGXPVdVkk

WHO THE HELL SIGNED OFF ON THIS GOOD TIMES REBOOT?!:
On The Stephen A. Smith Show, Smith gives you his renowned point
of view, breaking barriers beyond the world of sports, and tackling
pertinent issues across entertainment, pop culture, society, business,
and politics. Three times a week, you'll hear his LIVE unfiltered
opinions on the day's biggest headlines as well as straight-shooting
interviews with top celebrities, game-changers, and thought leaders
across the societal arena.
https://youtu.be/K7pZO4vvNkM?si=ka8LY0Ui6Usx8GUI

THIS POLITICAL AD IS SO RIDICULOUS YOU'LL THINK IT'S SATIRE:
Gavin Newsom put out a fear mongering ad so cartoonish that y
ou might think it's intentional satire.
https://youtu.be/qpj1eBeQvG4?si=3gvI7B7rpItpMTOP

DOCTOR WHO:
"Shada". hada: a prison built by the Time Lords for defeated would-be
conquerors of the universe. A scientist named Skagra needs the help of one of
the prison's inmates. He finds nobody knows where Shada is anymore, except
one aged Time Lord who has retired to Earth, where he is a professor at St
Cedd's College. Luckily for the universe, Skagra's attempt to force the
information out of Professor Chronotis coincides with a visit by the
professor's old friend, the Fourth Doctor. This was a restored version with
animated segments that was released in 2017 with a cameo at the end by bTom
Baker.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-25 (Thursday)

<v0g81d$3mq2i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223231&group=rec.arts.tv#223231

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-25 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 05:51:57 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:51 UTC

On 4/26/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

I had to finish a pestiferous online training yesterday, so I only got
through two things on TV:

Fallout (Prime) - "The Trap" (ep. #1.6). No Norm or Vault 33 this episode.
At first, Maximus wants out of the vault they're in, Vault 4, but
Lucy wants to stay a while. However, Lucy begins investigating the vault
after meeting its overseer (Chris Parnell), who is a cyclops!! Lucy is
shocked and disgusted by what she finds. Meanwhile, Maximus is soon
"bought off" by the comforts of life in the vault.
The Ghoul is captured by some thuggy "lawmen" in the employ a
self-proclaimed "president" of New California (Glenn Fleshler). But The
Ghoul ultimately overpowers them. We also get some more flashbacks of
him when he was Howard, before the bombs dropped. We are shown that
Moldaver was also alive 200 years ago, and was organizing against
Vault-Tec even back then.

Fatal Fixer Upper (LMN) - This was very "mid" for a Hybrid flick - it
was far from their worst one (my vote for that is probably "The Wrong
Real Estate Agent", which was so bad that AFAICT Lifetime has only aired
it once, unlike nearly all of the other "Wrong" flicks that have aired
multiple time since premiering!), but it still wasn't very good.
One the plus side, Jasmine Aivaliotis did look supes-cute in this,
despite one or two ridiculous outfits they put her in.
Meanwhile, Dorian Gregory had, I think, all of two scenes in this,
despite playing Aivaliotis father(?) - he doesn't show up at all
throughout the end of the film, after Aivaliotis' character has figured
out the original homeowner is a psycho! (You would think she would have
told her dad about this!!)

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-25 (Thursday)

<v0gl7v$3pts9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223246&group=rec.arts.tv#223246

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:37:03 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 16:37 UTC

On 4/26/2024 5:51 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/26/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I had to finish a pestiferous online training yesterday, so I only got
> through two things on TV:
>
> Fallout (Prime) - "The Trap" (ep. #1.6). No Norm or Vault 33 this episode.
>    At first, Maximus wants out of the vault they're in, Vault 4, but
> Lucy wants to stay a while. However, Lucy begins investigating the vault
> after meeting its overseer (Chris Parnell), who is a cyclops!! Lucy is
> shocked and disgusted by what she finds. Meanwhile, Maximus is soon
> "bought off" by the comforts of life in the vault.
>    The Ghoul is captured by some thuggy "lawmen" in the employ a
> self-proclaimed "president" of New California (Glenn Fleshler). But The
> Ghoul ultimately overpowers them. We also get some more flashbacks of
> him when he was Howard, before the bombs dropped. We are shown that
> Moldaver was also alive 200 years ago, and was organizing against
> Vault-Tec even back then.
>
> Fatal Fixer Upper (LMN) - This was very "mid" for a Hybrid flick - it
> was far from their worst one (my vote for that is probably "The Wrong
> Real Estate Agent", which was so bad that AFAICT Lifetime has only aired
> it once, unlike nearly all of the other "Wrong" flicks that have aired
> multiple time since premiering!), but it still wasn't very good.
>    One the plus side, Jasmine Aivaliotis did look supes-cute in this,
> despite one or two ridiculous outfits they put her in.
>    Meanwhile, Dorian Gregory had, I think, all of two scenes in this,
> despite playing Aivaliotis father(?) - he doesn't show up at all
> throughout the end of the film, after Aivaliotis' character has figured
> out the original homeowner is a psycho! (You would think she would have
> told her dad about this!!)

I have to wonder which do they come up with first, the title, or the plot.

> What did you watch?

I watched:

Star Trek: Discovery - "Mirrors" - An episode set in the mirror universe
that doesn't show any mirror universe characters. Meh!!! :-/

Chucky - "There Will Be Blood" - I just noticed that every episode title
this season is a movie title. Anyway, the White House Chief of staff is
dealing with the fallout (literally) of Chucky launching a nuke last
episode which he has to explain to the public while also faking (or not)
the fake President's death and bringing in a supernatural expert to help
deal with the White House's Chucky problem. And since Chucky actually
died last episode, Brad Dourif gets to guest star as the ghost of
Charles Lee Ray. Since when has being dead ever stopped Chucky from
killing people?!? With so much going on, I almost forgot they *also*
needed to deal with Tiffany's pending execution.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-25 (Thursday)

<737213671.735849987.512046.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223255&group=rec.arts.tv#223255

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 11:49:08 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 18:49 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 4/26/2024 5:51 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 4/26/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I had to finish a pestiferous online training yesterday, so I only got
>> through two things on TV:
>>
>> Fallout (Prime) - "The Trap" (ep. #1.6). No Norm or Vault 33 this episode.
>>    At first, Maximus wants out of the vault they're in, Vault 4, but
>> Lucy wants to stay a while. However, Lucy begins investigating the vault
>> after meeting its overseer (Chris Parnell), who is a cyclops!! Lucy is
>> shocked and disgusted by what she finds. Meanwhile, Maximus is soon
>> "bought off" by the comforts of life in the vault.
>>    The Ghoul is captured by some thuggy "lawmen" in the employ a
>> self-proclaimed "president" of New California (Glenn Fleshler). But The
>> Ghoul ultimately overpowers them. We also get some more flashbacks of
>> him when he was Howard, before the bombs dropped. We are shown that
>> Moldaver was also alive 200 years ago, and was organizing against
>> Vault-Tec even back then.
>>
>> Fatal Fixer Upper (LMN) - This was very "mid" for a Hybrid flick - it
>> was far from their worst one (my vote for that is probably "The Wrong
>> Real Estate Agent", which was so bad that AFAICT Lifetime has only aired
>> it once, unlike nearly all of the other "Wrong" flicks that have aired
>> multiple time since premiering!), but it still wasn't very good.
>>    One the plus side, Jasmine Aivaliotis did look supes-cute in this,
>> despite one or two ridiculous outfits they put her in.
>>    Meanwhile, Dorian Gregory had, I think, all of two scenes in this,
>> despite playing Aivaliotis father(?) - he doesn't show up at all
>> throughout the end of the film, after Aivaliotis' character has figured
>> out the original homeowner is a psycho! (You would think she would have
>> told her dad about this!!)
>>

> I have to wonder which do they come up with first, the title, or the plot.

Usually they come up with a buzzword title, write a script to fit it, and
then change the title.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-25 (Thursday)

<v0gvdi$3s8gu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223260&group=rec.arts.tv#223260

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:30:58 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 19:30 UTC

On 4/26/24 11:49 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I had to finish a pestiferous online training yesterday, so I only got
>>> through two things on TV:
>>>
>>> Fallout (Prime) - "The Trap" (ep. #1.6). No Norm or Vault 33 this episode.
>>>    At first, Maximus wants out of the vault they're in, Vault 4, but
>>> Lucy wants to stay a while. However, Lucy begins investigating the vault
>>> after meeting its overseer (Chris Parnell), who is a cyclops!! Lucy is
>>> shocked and disgusted by what she finds. Meanwhile, Maximus is soon
>>> "bought off" by the comforts of life in the vault.
>>>    The Ghoul is captured by some thuggy "lawmen" in the employ a
>>> self-proclaimed "president" of New California (Glenn Fleshler). But The
>>> Ghoul ultimately overpowers them. We also get some more flashbacks of
>>> him when he was Howard, before the bombs dropped. We are shown that
>>> Moldaver was also alive 200 years ago, and was organizing against
>>> Vault-Tec even back then.
>>>
>>> Fatal Fixer Upper (LMN) - This was very "mid" for a Hybrid flick - it
>>> was far from their worst one (my vote for that is probably "The Wrong
>>> Real Estate Agent", which was so bad that AFAICT Lifetime has only aired
>>> it once, unlike nearly all of the other "Wrong" flicks that have aired
>>> multiple time since premiering!), but it still wasn't very good.
>>>    One the plus side, Jasmine Aivaliotis did look supes-cute in this,
>>> despite one or two ridiculous outfits they put her in.
>>>    Meanwhile, Dorian Gregory had, I think, all of two scenes in this,
>>> despite playing Aivaliotis father(?) - he doesn't show up at all
>>> throughout the end of the film, after Aivaliotis' character has figured
>>> out the original homeowner is a psycho! (You would think she would have
>>> told her dad about this!!)
>>
>> I have to wonder which do they come up with first, the title, or the plot.
>
> Usually they come up with a buzzword title, write a script to fit it, and
> then change the title.

That definitely seems to be the Lifetime MO, about half the time, based
on IMDb having different movie titles than what Lifetime goes with for a
good percentage of these flicks.