From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Criticism of Anti-Defamation League
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 15:21:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 15:21 UTC

In compiling reports that demonstrate that anti-Semitism has been
increasing throughout American society, Anti-Defamation League changed
its methodology for statistical reporting. Expressions of support for
Hamas have been counted in hate crime data as anti-Semitism since
October 7, 2023.

I don't follow these reports and I don't know how hateful speech is
being linked to vandalism, arson, violence, or even terrorism and if
they are counting speech incidents alone without a criminal act.

Note to moviePig: Speech without the criminal acts I named or without a
threat is... speech. The 14th and 1/2 Amendment be damned.

ADL has been criticized by extremism researchers for changing their
methodoly. Nevertheless, the researcher interviewed had also found,
using older methods, that anti-Semitism increased. ADL wasn't wrong.

Let's think about this for a moment. Is there a way to support Hamas in
a way that isn't an expression of hatred, that isn't supporting
terrorism, that isn't supporting their extreme religious views that led
them to create a situation in which 10s of thousands of their own people
would get slaughtered by the enemy?

If it weren't Hamas doing it, the whold rest of the world would have
condemned the use of human shields as a war crime. Instead, the killing
of human shields as collateral damage in military operations has been
labeled as Jews committing war crimes and genocide.

Unpacking the truth of antisemitism on college campuses
April 25, 20245:57 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered
https://www.npr.org/2024/04/25/1247253244/unpacking-the-truth-of-antisemitism-on-college-campuses
By Odette Yousef, Lisa Hagen
NPR

Re: Criticism of Anti-Defamation League

<7bkn2j9njfkb096k4fmf2o3cfr7krim2b6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223244&group=rec.arts.tv#223244

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Criticism of Anti-Defamation League
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:12:07 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 16:12 UTC

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 15:21:24 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>In compiling reports that demonstrate that anti-Semitism has been
>increasing throughout American society, Anti-Defamation League changed
>its methodology for statistical reporting. Expressions of support for
>Hamas have been counted in hate crime data as anti-Semitism since
>October 7, 2023.

Do they at least break out the individual types of acts so you can see
how many reports of hateful speech are included.

>I don't follow these reports and I don't know how hateful speech is
>being linked to vandalism, arson, violence, or even terrorism and if
>they are counting speech incidents alone without a criminal act.
>
>Note to moviePig: Speech without the criminal acts I named or without a
>threat is... speech. The 14th and 1/2 Amendment be damned.

No,no. Any speech that I don't like is clearly a criminal act. It
shows the potential for a threat and therefore must be treated as a
threat. Free speech is dead. Unless it is by me or those I approve of.

>ADL has been criticized by extremism researchers for changing their
>methodoly. Nevertheless, the researcher interviewed had also found,
>using older methods, that anti-Semitism increased. ADL wasn't wrong.

Of course it has increased. That said you shouldn't murky the waters
by changing the methodology in such an obvious ploy to increase the
reported numbers of anti-Semitism. People who see that ploy will
discount everything they say.

>Let's think about this for a moment. Is there a way to support Hamas in
>a way that isn't an expression of hatred, that isn't supporting
>terrorism, that isn't supporting their extreme religious views that led
>them to create a situation in which 10s of thousands of their own people
>would get slaughtered by the enemy?
>
>If it weren't Hamas doing it, the whold rest of the world would have
>condemned the use of human shields as a war crime. Instead, the killing
>of human shields as collateral damage in military operations has been
>labeled as Jews committing war crimes and genocide.
>
>Unpacking the truth of antisemitism on college campuses
>April 25, 20245:57 PM ET
>Heard on All Things Considered
>https://www.npr.org/2024/04/25/1247253244/unpacking-the-truth-of-antisemitism-on-college-campuses
>By Odette Yousef, Lisa Hagen
>NPR

Re: Criticism of Anti-Defamation League

<v0gnb1$3qgqh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223249&group=rec.arts.tv#223249

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:13:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:13 UTC

>Fri, 26 Apr 2024 15:21:24 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:

>>In compiling reports that demonstrate that anti-Semitism has been
>>increasing throughout American society, Anti-Defamation League changed
>>its methodology for statistical reporting. Expressions of support for
>>Hamas have been counted in hate crime data as anti-Semitism since
>>October 7, 2023.

>Do they at least break out the individual types of acts so you can see
>how many reports of hateful speech are included.

I haven't read them.

>>I don't follow these reports and I don't know how hateful speech is
>>being linked to vandalism, arson, violence, or even terrorism and if
>>they are counting speech incidents alone without a criminal act.

>>Note to moviePig: Speech without the criminal acts I named or without a
>>threat is... speech. The 14th and 1/2 Amendment be damned.

>No,no. Any speech that I don't like is clearly a criminal act. It
>shows the potential for a threat and therefore must be treated as a
>threat. Free speech is dead. Unless it is by me or those I approve of.

>>ADL has been criticized by extremism researchers for changing their
>>methodoly. Nevertheless, the researcher interviewed had also found,
>>using older methods, that anti-Semitism increased. ADL wasn't wrong.

>Of course it has increased. That said you shouldn't murky the waters
>by changing the methodology in such an obvious ploy to increase the
>reported numbers of anti-Semitism. People who see that ploy will
>discount everything they say.

To defend ADL, who would have thought of measuring pro-Hamas speech in
America before October 7?

>>Let's think about this for a moment. Is there a way to support Hamas in
>>a way that isn't an expression of hatred, that isn't supporting
>>terrorism, that isn't supporting their extreme religious views that led
>>them to create a situation in which 10s of thousands of their own people
>>would get slaughtered by the enemy?

>>If it weren't Hamas doing it, the whold rest of the world would have
>>condemned the use of human shields as a war crime. Instead, the killing
>>of human shields as collateral damage in military operations has been
>>labeled as Jews committing war crimes and genocide.

>>Unpacking the truth of antisemitism on college campuses
>>April 25, 20245:57 PM ET
>>Heard on All Things Considered
>>https://www.npr.org/2024/04/25/1247253244/unpacking-the-truth-of-antisemitism-on-college-campuses
>>By Odette Yousef, Lisa Hagen
>>NPR

Re: Criticism of Anti-Defamation League

<ge6o2jlq4g1s6bm11o6f8jotqgirh9c8m6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223266&group=rec.arts.tv#223266

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:18:11 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 21:18 UTC

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:13:05 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>To defend ADL, who would have thought of measuring pro-Hamas speech in
>America before October 7?

Well that's the $ 64,000 question isn't it.

Thank you VERY much ****ing Claudine Gay.