Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: "Squid Game" Creator Hwang Dong-hyuk Hints At A Third Season In New Interview
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 16:55:52 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 21:55 UTC

Netflix original series Squid Game hasn�t been greenlighted for Season 2 yet,
but the series� creator is looking beyond that.

Hwang Dong-hyuk told the Korea Times: �I�m in talks with Netflix over Season
2 as well as Season 3. We will come to a conclusion any time soon.�

Squid Game is a survival drama set in Seoul, where hundreds of financially
strapped contestants signed away their life rights to play children�s games
for a chance at winning a $38 million grand prize. But lose any round and be
prepared for a grisly death.

It�s the first time Dong-hyuk has talked about the possibility of a third
season. The creator previously told Deadline that he had begun the creative
process for the follow-up after the Korean dystopian drama series quickly
reached No. 1 in 90 countries within the first two weeks. Netflix�s most-
watched series ever with more than 142M households watching.

The record-breaking series is most notable for its popularity and its talent,
which helped garner the Korean-language show awards and nominations in the
United States including Golden Globe noms for Best Television Series, best
performance by an actor � drama (Lee Jung-jae), and best performance by an
actor in a supporting role on television (Oh Yeong-su).

--
Let's go Brandon!