Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 17:28:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: This week's fake news
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 00:28 UTC

On Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 8:25:00 AM UTC-4, George J. Dance wrote:
> [...]
>
> Not only did you spread a lie about me on the group, but you spammed it into one of my threads just to disrupt it. It's nice to know you're proud of that.
>
> > I love playing on you and Will's superiority complexes that I (and others) are nothing but simple minded trolls.
>
> You are pretty easy to figure out, you know. You spread CC's lie about me, and got caught; and now you're trying to distract from that by changing the subject to anything you can think of. On aapc that's become known as "deflecting."
>
> > So I am assuming that you disavow people taking their rights too far and using them to restrict the rights of others and just interested in the academic side of the issue?
>
> Wonderful. Unless I read anything in your posts, I'll assume the same for you. Unless you want to sing Kumbaya, then, maybe we're done with that deflection.
>
> > Being vague as you usually are, just leaves people to assume
>
> So you "assumed" that I was an "anti-vaccer" because the term I used -(the rights of the unvaccinated) - was too 'vague' - you just couldn't understand who "the unvaccinated" might be. I don't believe that for a second, but, sure, I'll give you a definition:
> "Unvaccinated - having received less than the full dosage (usually 2 doses) of a WHO-authorized Covid-19 vaccine."
>
> > based off what you provide them like with the defense that Syd did it....
>
> "Syd," LOL! I'm not even going to take the bait on that deflection.
>
> > I noticed sloppy post editing
>
> Yes, there was some sloppy post editing. I've corrected that above, and I'll correct that below.
>
> > , was the Newsweek article "Anti-Vaccination Protesters in Georgia Shut Down Vaccine Clinic, Harass Health Workers," 'fake news'?
> > Or was it embarrassing?
> > Most likely it didn't serve your propaganda purposes?
>
> > So Mr Dance is concerned about anti-vaccers' rights--
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> This is the fake news in your story- the lie you were helping spread about me.
>
> Now focus on that and stop with the deflections.
>

> > including their "right" to deny other people their right to access medical care? What right do they have to enforce their personal choice and belief upon others? Definitely hypocrites without a doubt and very likely fascists.
>
> > https://www.newsweek.com/anti-vaccination-protesters-georgia-shut-down-vaccine-clinic-harass-health-workers-1624764
>
> According to the original story, the protestors did not shut the clinic down, or stop anyone from going in or out; the clinic was shut down by the staff, who decided on their own that "no one would want to come to that location for a vaccination under those circumstances, so they packed up and left."
> https://news.yahoo.com/mobile-vaccination-event-georgia-reportedly-171130805.html
>
> So let's get rid of that deflection, as well, and concentrate on your fake news story.

George J. Dance
Sep 7, 2021, 8:25:00 AM
[...]

- - - -

First prove that it was fake news, it covered the same story that you use for your refuting-- genius, you just called your own news source fake as well!
Also Georgie, you so vilely vituperate like some banty cock about deflection while you come across as hand waving and victim blaming...
You didn't read the article again, just like with the "Transphobia Must Die" thread-- poor Georgie, so simple minded that only reads headlines...
Right under the headline, it said: "vaccination clinic in Georgia was shut down after anti-vaccination protesters harassed health care workers who were administering COVID-19 shots over the weekend, according to Georgia's top health official." So it didn't say that protestors shut things down.

Goddamned man, you yourself provided the ammo to shoot you down... you earn your scurrilous sobriquet with every truth that you insidiously attempt to twist...
WHY DID YOU LEAVE OUT THIS FROM WHAT YOU QUOTED FROM YOUR "REAL NEWS" SOURCE?:
"Anti-vaccination protesters have disrupted several vaccination drives in Georgia, and even forced one to shut down, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
Aides to Dr. Kathleen Toomey, the state's top health official, also described how public health staff "have been harassed, yelled at, threatened and demeaned by some of the very members of the public they were trying to help." In one county, protesters used social media to identify public health employees and "[harangue] them with messages of hostility and misinformation about vaccines," writes the Journal-Constitution.
A mobile event in north Georgia was canceled after an "organized group" of anti-vaxxers arrived to bother and name-call those running the drive. "Aside from feeling threatened themselves, staff realized no one would want to come to that location for a vaccination under those circumstances, so they packed up and left," said Nancy Nydam, Toomey's spokesperson.""
https://news.yahoo.com/mobile-vaccination-event-georgia-reportedly-171130805.html

You said it yourself with what you quoted: "no one would want to come to that location for a vaccination under those circumstances, so they packed up and left."
You don't have the intelligence to figure out that if it wasn't for the protestors they wouldn't have been shutting down.
Harmless protestors you say?
"Kathleen Toomey, the commissioner of the Georgia Department of Public Health, said she recently learned some health care workers helping to vaccinate members of the public against the virus have received threats and harassing emails. A mobile vaccination event held last weekend was forced to shutter after protesters aimed threats at the on-site workers, she said." https://www.newsweek.com/anti-vaccination-protesters-georgia-shut-down-vaccine-clinic-harass-health-workers-1624764
Funny how you cry about threats against Rowling, but look the other way in this case. You're no Mensa, unless it's some sort of Bizarro World Mensa!

FROM DANCE'S TATTING PLAYBOOK: FAKE NEWS
Fake news can reduce the impact of real news by competing with it. For example, a BuzzFeed News analysis found that the top fake news stories about the 2016 U.S. presidential election received more engagement on Facebook than top stories from major media outlets.[9] It also particularly has the potential to undermine trust in serious media coverage. The term has at times been used to cast doubt upon credible news, and former U.S. president Donald Trump has been credited with popularizing the term by using it to describe any negative press coverage of himself. It has been increasingly criticized, due in part to Trump's misuse, with the British government deciding to avoid the term, as it is "poorly-defined" and "conflates a variety of false information, from genuine error through to foreign interference".
[9] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_news
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_news

Click here to read the complete article