I knew her before she was a virgin. -- Oscar Levant, on Doris Day

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: M. H. Benders on Will Dockery - "an empty windbag" and "a sad old fuck"!

SubjectAuthor
* Re: M. H. Benders on Will Dockery - "an empty windbag" and "a sad old fuck"!Will Dockery
`- Re: M. H. Benders on Will Dockery - "an empty windbag" and "a sad old fuck"!Faraway Star

1
Re: M. H. Benders on Will Dockery - "an empty windbag" and "a sad old fuck"!

<1b2f973f-ad86-4fd7-931b-2b47e6bfc108n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=225877&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#225877

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 01:43:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: M. H. Benders on Will Dockery - "an empty windbag" and "a sad old fuck"!
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 08:43 UTC

Since it's back on topic, here's M. H. Benders on Will Dockery - "One of the most authentic American poets..."

Here's more of exactly what M.H. Benders thinks or thought of me, from his Dutch website:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080124124833/http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm

> M. H. Benders: "That's great. It sounds like a really interesting project.. I will promote the video over my website which has about 80.000 visitors a year, enough to give your name a decent boost into recognition by Dutch people. It's nice that these sort of cross-cultural initiatives can develop over the internet. So much negativity floating around that it's good sometimes something positive happens."
>
> M. H. Benders: "Thanks for showing an interest in the cross cultural project I am planning. You can arrange the reading events in everyway
> that you see fit, I trust your artistic vision. When you have taped the events you can send the tape. It would be nice, I think, to have some real American elements mixed with it like Country Music (I have
> always been a great country music fan) but you can also use jazz if you want. I will make sure the video is digitalised and shown on different locations on the Dutch internet. Then, in the future, we can
> also try it the other way around."
>
> And, again, the original quote seems just fine with me:
>
> "In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some real American elements such as country music into his
> poetry..." -M.H. Benders
>
> I would like to know what M. H. Benders has to say about all this now, for real, rather than the sketchy hints at what he supposedly said, of course..
https://web.archive.org/web/20080124124833/http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm

HTH and HAND.

Re: M. H. Benders on Will Dockery - "an empty windbag" and "a sad old fuck"!

<65cab099-1103-4677-9066-59418f8ae09en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=225944&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#225944

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 11:28:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 18:28 UTC

On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 4:43:21 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> Since it's back on topic, here's M. H. Benders on Will Dockery - "One of the most authentic American poets..."
> Here's more of exactly what M.H. Benders thinks or thought of me, from his Dutch website:

> https://web.archive.org/web/20080124124833/http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm
>
> > M. H. Benders: "That's great. It sounds like a really interesting project. I will promote the video over my website which has about 80.000 visitors a year, enough to give your name a decent boost into recognition by Dutch people. It's nice that these sort of cross-cultural initiatives can develop over the internet. So much negativity floating around that it's good sometimes something positive happens."
> >
> > M. H. Benders: "Thanks for showing an interest in the cross cultural project I am planning. You can arrange the reading events in everyway
> > that you see fit, I trust your artistic vision. When you have taped the events you can send the tape. It would be nice, I think, to have some real American elements mixed with it like Country Music (I have
> > always been a great country music fan) but you can also use jazz if you want. I will make sure the video is digitalised and shown on different locations on the Dutch internet. Then, in the future, we can
> > also try it the other way around."
> >
> > And, again, the original quote seems just fine with me:
> >
> > "In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some real American elements such as country music into his
> > poetry..." -M.H. Benders
> >
> > I would like to know what M. H. Benders has to say about all this now, for real, rather than the sketchy hints at what he supposedly said, of course.
> https://web.archive.org/web/20080124124833/http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm

> HTH and HAND.

Wow this one goes back a ways..!

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: M. H. Benders on Will Dockery - "an empty windbag" and "a sad old fuck"!