From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Subject: Re: What is your favorite theme song from a soap other than Days?
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 09:56:07 -0400
 by: Rick - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:56 UTC

"danieland...@gmail.com" wrote in message
news:082cce79-3fda-44c7-96fc-f3ab0e810e03n@googlegroups.com...

>Mine has to be Another World. Either the original theme, written by Charles
>Paul which was a sweeping, beautiful composition with lush instrumentation
>and an uplifting melody featuring the organ, and a full orchestra and
>celeste solo during the mid-section, or You Are My Way To Another World
>(1987-96).

As I've posted before, I still enjoy the original organ/piano theme from As
the World Turns from the late 60s - early 1970s (before it became all
orchestral), which was also Charles Paul. I posted this link here before,
but here again is a cover of that theme by Lance Jackson that I think is
particularly good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN8XJb6LOWs

--

Re: What is your favorite theme song from a soap other than Days?

<56a3ac6b-f95c-41c0-bf78-263382fca371n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=233&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#233

Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 07:39:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: danielan...@gmail.com (danieland...@gmail.com)
 by: danieland...@gmail.c - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:39 UTC

On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 9:56:10 AM UTC-4, Rick wrote:
> "danieland...@gmail.com" wrote in message
> >
> >Mine has to be Another World. Either the original theme, written by Charles
> >Paul which was a sweeping, beautiful composition with lush instrumentation
> >and an uplifting melody featuring the organ, and a full orchestra and
> >celeste solo during the mid-section, or You Are My Way To Another World
> >(1987-96).
> As I've posted before, I still enjoy the original organ/piano theme from As
> the World Turns from the late 60s - early 1970s (before it became all
> orchestral), which was also Charles Paul. I posted this link here before,
> but here again is a cover of that theme by Lance Jackson that I think is
> particularly good:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN8XJb6LOWs
>

> --
Personally, i associate AW's longtime announcer Bill Wolff with the original theme, but I've heard the ATWT theme and it's really good too, not to mention longtime announcer Dan McCullough......