From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Picard is getting silly
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 14:03:29 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 02:03 UTC

On 2022-04-06 22:30:16 +0000, Roger Blake said:
> On 2022-04-06, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Oh, I get it. I just like making guys like you put it on display like this.
>
> Keeping up with the rules of political correctness is like trying to nail
> jelly to a tree. It's all fluid and keeps changing seemingly at random.
>
> Does saying spic, wop, nigger, or kike make someone a racist? I don't
> know any more.

It depends on who you are, who you're saying it to (and your ability to
read their mind), and numerous other double-standard stupidities.

The term "wog" is considered derogatroy, offensive, and racist against
Mediterranean / Middle East people, yet there's a recent Australian
(supposed) comedy TV show called "Superwog" ... the reason that they're
allowed to do that is because the people making and in the show are
that particular race. If anyone else had made it, there would have been
an uproar by all the 'Politically Correct' nutters, no doubt including
many of the people involved in the existing show. :-\