Huh?

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

SubjectAuthor
* Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedGeneral-Zod
+* Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedMichael Pendragon
|+- Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedWill Dockery
|`* Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedFaraway Star
| +- Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedMichael Pendragon
| `* Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedWill Dockery
|  `* Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedGeneral-Zod
|   `* Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedW.Dockery
|    `* Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedGeneral-Zod
|     `- Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedW.Dockery
`- Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewedWill Dockery

1
Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<af482badfb6224b0736153928b121c50@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=239205&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#239205

Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 20:51:02 +0000
Subject: Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 20:51 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

>>> General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed by Rick Howe:
>>>
>>> From:
>>> Issue 4; November 1, 1992 TOPICAL STUDIES © Rick Howe Woodland Circle Columbus, GA 31904
>>>
>>> http://unitedfanzineorganization.weebly.com/uploads/4/5/6/0/4560933/topical4.pdf
>>>
>>> *2" : $2.50 ; G. J. Sulzbach III, P. O.Box xxxx, Phenix City, AL 36868. This one is not easy to describe. It has art -psychedelic totems, like - and poetry. The poetry is like a prophecy of chaos, or, Id on't know what. Mostly it's like same dark turbulent force sweeping all before it. Now and then a fleeting image can be recognized as if in a flash of lightning before it too gets swallowed in the receding fury. It might be soldiers forming up for war, or a lone wanderer in a desert in Mexico, waves crashing at sea, whatever; it all tends to sink into the indistinguishable vortex. Despite incoherence the book makes its mark artistically- and you should hear it set to music! The tape is apparently not yet released but I've heard it and I tell you,' it is an experience.You sort of feel like you're huddled in some bunker somewhere on a devastated landscape,rumbling thunder and cannons in the distance. Somber vocals and a kind of dirge like piano -one thing this is not meant to be is funny.If anything it conveys a sense of eerie truthfulness, like someone urging you to put aside cheerful delusions and contemplate a more dreadful reality. On the whole this may be George Sulzbach's most serious work to date,whether the world is ready for it or not.

>> ***

Rick H. was indeed a mighty fine author...!

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<42de480c-c7bd-41c0-8596-055bce5f3cb6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=239257&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#239257

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 16:15:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 23:15 UTC

On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 4:55:20 PM UTC-4, General-Zod wrote:

> >> ***
>

> Rick H. was indeed a mighty fine author...!

He certainly repurposed more than his share of sow's ears.

Michael Pendragon
"Spenser definitely has grown on me, since I began viewing him as a figure that Terry Gilliam or Monty Python might come across in, say, Jabberwocky or The Holy Grail."
-- Will Dockery, demonstrating why he never made it through 8th grade… the second time.

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<2cdc7073-d2bc-484b-8292-b0b38ccb701fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=239268&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#239268

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 17:48:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 00:48 UTC

> >> ***
>

> Rick H. was indeed a mighty fine author...!

Agreed.

😃

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<094abe6c-ac82-440f-af00-630c661cd950n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=239273&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#239273

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 18:04:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 01:04 UTC

On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 7:15:09 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > Rick H. was indeed a mighty fine author...!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> He certainly ^^^^^^^^^^

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<14dfc98a-8ff7-459b-aebf-b6f544f98a62n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=239371&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#239371

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 10:47:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 17:47 UTC

On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 7:15:09 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > Rick H. was indeed a mighty fine author...!
> He certainly

Hush up Penhead you shit eating little motherfucker.. ha ha.

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<7387a4fd-580f-449b-9715-a4288287f042n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=239383&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#239383

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 11:06:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 18:06 UTC

On Friday, November 3, 2023 at 1:47:36 PM UTC-4, Faraway Star wrote:
> On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 7:15:09 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > Rick H. was indeed a mighty fine author...!
> > He certainly repurposed more than his share of sow's ears.

> Hush up Penhead you shit eating little motherfucker.. ha ha.

Michael Pendragon
"Spenser definitely has grown on me, since I began viewing him as a figure that Terry Gilliam or Monty Python might come across in, say, Jabberwocky or The Holy Grail."
-- Will Dockery, demonstrating why he never made it through 8th grade… the second time.

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<d56a83d4-e69e-49f2-92a4-6692fd113d64n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=239387&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#239387

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 11:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 18:12 UTC

On Friday, November 3, 2023 at 1:47:36 PM UTC-4, Faraway Star wrote:
> On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 7:15:09 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > Rick H. was indeed a mighty fine author...!
> > He certainly
> Hush up Penhead you shit eating little motherfucker.. ha ha.

Pendragon shut up?

Not likely.

😃

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<e23021ddf7e31758a5ea47721f28e310@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=243157&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#243157

Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 23:41:17 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 23:41 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Faraway Star wrote:
>> Michael Pendragon wrote:

>> > He certainly
>> Hush up Penhead you shit eating little motherfucker.. ha ha.

> Pendragon shut up?

> Not likely.

Yo...!

"Tear in Pen's eye."

Ha ha.

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<07ce7817e9d938b29dc614d681305982@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=243528&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#243528

Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 15:45:06 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <f320bfc5-2d54-4e09-80d7-1ddab7464deb@googlegroups.com> <f876988d-8a32-409e-8572-d8676794496en@googlegroups.com> <ca62894c22b2042d62a13c659ef5be37@news.novabbs.com> <af482badfb6224b0736153928b121c50@news.novabbs.com> <42de480c-c7bd-41c0-8596-055bce5f3cb6n@googlegroups.com> <14dfc98a-8ff7-459b-aebf-b6f544f98a62n@googlegroups.com> <d56a83d4-e69e-49f2-92a4-6692fd113d64n@googlegroups.com> <e23021ddf7e31758a5ea47721f28e310@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 15:45 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Faraway Star wrote:

>>> Hush up Penhead you shit eating little motherfucker.. ha ha.

>> Pendragon shut up?

>> Not likely.

> Yo...!

> "Tear in Pen's eye."

> Ha ha.

Good morning my friend, obviously you are correct.

🙂

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<85788d4fd3773dcc7263026f01e0441f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244021&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244021

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 04:54:04 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <f320bfc5-2d54-4e09-80d7-1ddab7464deb@googlegroups.com> <f876988d-8a32-409e-8572-d8676794496en@googlegroups.com> <ca62894c22b2042d62a13c659ef5be37@news.novabbs.com> <af482badfb6224b0736153928b121c50@news.novabbs.com> <42de480c-c7bd-41c0-8596-055bce5f3cb6n@googlegroups.com> <14dfc98a-8ff7-459b-aebf-b6f544f98a62n@googlegroups.com> <d56a83d4-e69e-49f2-92a4-6692fd113d64n@googlegroups.com> <e23021ddf7e31758a5ea47721f28e310@news.novabbs.com> <07ce7817e9d938b29dc614d681305982@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 04:54 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Faraway Star wrote:
>> Michael Pendragon wrote:

>>> Pendragon shut up?

>>> Not likely.

>> Yo...!

>> "Tear in Pen's eye."

>> Ha ha.

> Good morning my friend, obviously you are correct.

> 🙂

Yo

Good night and God bless....

Re: General Zod poetry chapbook reviewed

<955332936602e2934154acc5f6e812a8@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=246933&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#246933

Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 02:37:32 +0000
From: W.Dock...@www.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <f320bfc5-2d54-4e09-80d7-1ddab7464deb@googlegroups.com> <f876988d-8a32-409e-8572-d8676794496en@googlegroups.com> <ca62894c22b2042d62a13c659ef5be37@news.novabbs.com> <af482badfb6224b0736153928b121c50@news.novabbs.com> <42de480c-c7bd-41c0-8596-055bce5f3cb6n@googlegroups.com> <14dfc98a-8ff7-459b-aebf-b6f544f98a62n@googlegroups.com> <d56a83d4-e69e-49f2-92a4-6692fd113d64n@googlegroups.com> <e23021ddf7e31758a5ea47721f28e310@news.novabbs.com> <07ce7817e9d938b29dc614d681305982@news.novabbs.com> <85788d4fd3773dcc7263026f01e0441f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 02:37 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Faraway Star wrote:

>>> "Tear in Pen's eye."

>>> Ha ha.

>> Good morning my friend, obviously you are correct.

>> 🙂

> Yo

> Good night and God bless....

Likewise my friend.