From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.tolkien,rec.arts.books.tolkien
Subject: Killing the Watcher
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 04:25:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Tue, 2 May 2023 04:25 UTC

One thing I hope was handled decisively early in the
Fourth Age was the destruction of the Watcher in the Water,
whether by Aragorn's troops or Khazad out to avenge Oin
or some collaborative effort or whoever.

What would have been needed beyond the destruction
of the dam on the Sirannon that secured its habitat
and thereby imperiled any travelling mellon?

I don't know if it would have simply suffocated exposed
to air,but any protesting tentacles would have needed
and deserved to be amputated.

-=-=-