As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

arts / rec.arts.poems / H.D. poetry

SubjectAuthor
* H.D. poetryTerry Stomp
`* Re: H.D. poetryWill Dockery
 +* Re: H.D. poetryTerry Stomp
 |`- Re: H.D. poetryGeorge J. Dance
 `* Re: H.D. poetryGeorge J. Dance
  +- Re: H.D. poetryPaul Vicious
  `* Re: H.D. poetryWill Dockery
   `- Re: H.D. poetryPaul Vicious

1
H.D. poetry

<f39fb05f-255d-484d-a1b1-87eeb36e483en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2438&group=rec.arts.poems#2438

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 15:01:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: H.D. poetry
From: tsto...@gmail.com (Terry Stomp)
 by: Terry Stomp - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 22:01 UTC

Right on...

Re: H.D. poetry

<44053d73-eadb-43a0-af5f-22697f9d9e20n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2492&group=rec.arts.poems#2492

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 20:59:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: H.D. poetry
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 03:59 UTC

On Wednesday, July 7, 2021 at 6:01:43 PM UTC-4, Terry Stomp wrote:
> On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 9:29:48 AM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 12:07:34 PM UTC-4, George J. Dance wrote:
> > >
> > > Heat, by H.D.
> > >
> > > O wind, rend open the heat,
> > > cut apart the heat,
> > > rend it to tatters.
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2018/08/heat-hd.html
> > Hilda Doolittle, nice find, one of the original American avant-garde:
> >
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/UgluDPA17qs/8qwh1beTCQAJ
> >
> > Nice section in the book Strange Bedfellows (And "The History of Modern
> > Poetry", Page 311 by David Perkins, which is where Steven Watson seems to
> > have gotten most of his information) about the movement that took off around
> > 1910 (and not before in any major way, although the form can be traced back
> > as far as Beowulf, the writer claims) the "Poets of Revolt" aka "Free
> > Versers".
> >
> > Ezra Pound and Amy Lowell seem to me to be the most famous poets of this
> > group. In 1912, Pound wrote "I believe in /Absolute Rhythm/, that is [...]
> > poetry that corresponds exactly to the emotion being expressed..."
> >
> > The Poets of Revolt term was supposedly generic for the new poets, the
> > writers of the 1910s also known as "free-versers" and vers librists, because
> > they championed the rise of free verse, which replaced fixed stanzas, meter
> > and rhyme with Absolute Rhythm, as Erza Pound called it.
> >
> > In addition, there were other distinctive factions during 1910-1917 and
> > beyond...
> >
> > The Tramp Poets (!) aka Hobohemians, led by Vachel Lindsay, Harry Kemp and
> > others, The Patagonians, Imagists and the Otherists all fit under the
> > generic (and sometimes sneering) label of Poets of Revolt, the Free-Versers.
> >
> > Poets loosely associated with these groups included:
> >
> > Richard Aldington
> > Amy Lowell
> > Vacel Lindsay
> > Harry Kemp
> > Donald Evans
> > Allen Norton
> > Louise Norton
> > H.D. aka Hilda Doolittle
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > Mina Loy
> > William Carlos Williams
> > Alfred Kreymborg
> > Ezra Pound
> >
> > In the Saturday Evening Post of April 7th 1917 Sinclair Lewis wrote:
> >
> > "It is called /free verse/ because it doesn't pay."
>
> Right on...

Hilary Doolittle, not Hilda ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: H.D. poetry

<31d4bf78-3562-4a4a-985e-c617aab8f662n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2505&group=rec.arts.poems#2505

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 13:35:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: tsto...@gmail.com (Terry Stomp)
 by: Terry Stomp - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 20:35 UTC

Indeed.... so sorry....

Re: H.D. poetry

<455640e6-8b4d-4d10-86e4-16904d2165d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2506&group=rec.arts.poems#2506

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:15:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
 by: George J. Dance - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 00:15 UTC

Wrong.

Re: H.D. poetry

<dd6b4c33-9a45-4ec6-b097-f2e6b1c7ece3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2507&group=rec.arts.poems#2507

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:18:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
 by: George J. Dance - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 00:18 UTC

Don't be. H.D.'s first name was Hilda.

"Hilary" isn't even a woman's name.

Re: H.D. poetry

<ed6edfab-64a4-4782-96fd-36905f5a3b6dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2514&group=rec.arts.poems#2514

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:02:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: viciousp...@gmail.com (Paul Vicious)
 by: Paul Vicious - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 22:02 UTC

Wow, Doc got it backwards....!

Re: H.D. poetry

<d8c62d55-9d20-4edd-b40a-7093ed4707ebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2515&group=rec.arts.poems#2515

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 19:50:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 02:50 UTC

On Tuesday, August 31, 2021 at 8:15:54 PM UTC-4, George J. Dance wrote:
> On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 11:59:46 PM UTC-4, fake "Will Dokery" wrote:

> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > > Right on...
>
> > Hilary Doolittle, not Hilda
> Wrong.

Sorry, I don't know how I got the names turned around.

Re: H.D. poetry

<bbc5796a-cd31-4bec-9e51-c1e055f85c65n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2518&group=rec.arts.poems#2518

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:58:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: viciousp...@gmail.com (Paul Vicious)
 by: Paul Vicious - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 18:58 UTC

On Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 10:50:58 PM UTC-4, opb...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > > Hilary Doolittle, not Hilda
> > Wrong.
> Sorry, I don't know how I got the names turned around.

No problem Doc we all have senior moments in out old age...