From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Enemies of the Doctor
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 09:02:18 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:GhRE7EtEcNMAnhEZTTHve1nKZ80=
 by: The Last Doctor - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 09:02 UTC

I read one of those interminable lists on social media recently and they
contained all the usual suspects - Daleks, Davros, the Master, the Silence,
Cybermen etc.

But for my money those weren’t true enemies, in my opinion the true enemies
were:

First Doctor - illness
Second Doctor - fear of typecasting
Third Doctor - self indulgence
Fourth Doctor - ego
Fifth Doctor - show fatigue
Sixth Doctor - the BBC
Seventh Doctor- John Nathan-Turner
Eighth Doctor - Fox TV
Ninth Doctor - production team
Tenth Doctor - fear of addiction to the role
Eleventh Doctor - lure of Hollywood
War Doctor - shoehorning
Twelfth Doctor - vapid fantasy plots
Thirteenth Doctor - Chris Chibnall
Fourteenth Doctor - limited timespan

--
"I'm not going to unwrite my good friend Chris Chibnall's work on 'The
Timeless Children'. I'm not going to deny what he wrote. I'm going with it.

Re: Enemies of the Doctor

<uio00a$2hq8$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=24470&group=rec.arts.drwho#24470

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Enemies of the Doctor
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 13:36:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 13:36 UTC

In article <uinfuq$3c6qn$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>I read one of those interminable lists on social media recently and they
>contained all the usual suspects - Daleks, Davros, the Master, the Silence,
>Cybermen etc.
>
>But for my money those weren’t true enemies, in my opinion the true enemies
>were:
>
>First Doctor - illness
>Second Doctor - fear of typecasting
>Third Doctor - self indulgence
>Fourth Doctor - ego
>Fifth Doctor - show fatigue
>Sixth Doctor - the BBC
>Seventh Doctor- John Nathan-Turner
>Eighth Doctor - Fox TV
>Ninth Doctor - production team
>Tenth Doctor - fear of addiction to the role
>Eleventh Doctor - lure of Hollywood
>War Doctor - shoehorning
>Twelfth Doctor - vapid fantasy plots
>Thirteenth Doctor - Chris Chibnall
>Fourteenth Doctor - limited timespan

Quotefile!

>--
>"I'm not going to unwrite my good friend Chris Chibnall's work on 'The
>Timeless Children'. I'm not going to deny what he wrote. I'm going with it.
>It's absolutely fine." — Russell T. Davies

#savedoctorwho #retconthetimelesschild #thetimelesschildisantidoctorwho
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca