I've got a bad feeling about this.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Charles Bukowski

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Charles BukowskiFaraway Star
`* Re: Charles BukowskiW.Dockery
 `* Re: Charles BukowskiGeneral-Zod
  `* Re: Charles BukowskiW.Dockery
   `* Re: Charles BukowskiGeneral-Zod
    `* Re: Charles BukowskiW.Dockery
     `* Re: Charles BukowskiGeneral-Zod
      `- Re: Charles BukowskiW.Dockery

1
Re: Charles Bukowski

<8acb71e2-c62a-49cd-a8e1-372b31239733n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=241509&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#241509

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:58:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Charles Bukowski
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 18:58 UTC

Good day, well said....

Re: Charles Bukowski

<0c2f5a3c0de5cfe967a0dcd41f57370f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=241858&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#241858

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 22:48:42 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 22:48 UTC

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

Re: Charles Bukowski

<3aac73e9799c7d6279ae5acfa509bf5d@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=242187&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#242187

Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 22:34:13 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 22:34 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> [...]

>>> memorable paperback book blurb quote when he wrote that I was "...a
>>> better poet than Bukowski..." or something similar.
>>> Anyhow, I don't have the book handy and no time to Google (a few hours
>>> of sailboat repair await today) but "Boarding House Madrigals" is the
>>> poetry book of Buk's I'd name as a favorite out of the dozens out
>>> there, containing many favorites which were fun to read aloud when the
>>> time came to wake up the audience. The one where Buk writes
>>> "...My old lady wouldn't let me sleep..." a few more lines "...so I
>>> killed her."
>>> and the one where he wakes up from a drunken night and finds his
>>> friend with his big toes in his old lady's... well, you can guess
>>> where, or know the poem already... I might look these up later, if
>>> they're online somewhere, and post them here... great stuff.

Twas a good one with all my comrades at the Safe House...!

Re: Charles Bukowski

<8796b9e0cbe27e66df613044df8110dc@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=242590&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#242590

Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:46:45 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:46 UTC

Good morning, again, good to hear.

🙂

Re: Charles Bukowski

<69786381fa856f04d6ac2543fa81405d@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=242963&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#242963

Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 15:13:53 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <46a53064$0$31389$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au> <69qdnfyXocagQzjbnZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@comcast.com> <1185285659.060724.172660@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com> <1185303375.722919.203710@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com> <8acb71e2-c62a-49cd-a8e1-372b31239733n@googlegroups.com> <0c2f5a3c0de5cfe967a0dcd41f57370f@news.novabbs.com> <3aac73e9799c7d6279ae5acfa509bf5d@news.novabbs.com> <8796b9e0cbe27e66df613044df8110dc@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 15:13 UTC

Good thread, love old Buk

Re: Charles Bukowski

<c2e5990106210f513302d78cd55fd2bc@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=243332&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#243332

Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 19:24:24 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <46a53064$0$31389$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au> <69qdnfyXocagQzjbnZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@comcast.com> <1185285659.060724.172660@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com> <1185303375.722919.203710@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com> <8acb71e2-c62a-49cd-a8e1-372b31239733n@googlegroups.com> <0c2f5a3c0de5cfe967a0dcd41f57370f@news.novabbs.com> <3aac73e9799c7d6279ae5acfa509bf5d@news.novabbs.com> <8796b9e0cbe27e66df613044df8110dc@news.novabbs.com> <69786381fa856f04d6ac2543fa81405d@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 19:24 UTC

Agreed.

Re: Charles Bukowski

<c88f4599e89d967061c83ff511713d33@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=243636&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#243636

Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 06:00:08 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <46a53064$0$31389$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au> <69qdnfyXocagQzjbnZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@comcast.com> <1185285659.060724.172660@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com> <1185303375.722919.203710@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com> <8acb71e2-c62a-49cd-a8e1-372b31239733n@googlegroups.com> <0c2f5a3c0de5cfe967a0dcd41f57370f@news.novabbs.com> <3aac73e9799c7d6279ae5acfa509bf5d@news.novabbs.com> <8796b9e0cbe27e66df613044df8110dc@news.novabbs.com> <69786381fa856f04d6ac2543fa81405d@news.novabbs.com> <c2e5990106210f513302d78cd55fd2bc@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 06:00 UTC

Good night pal if mine

Re: Charles Bukowski

<983e332d26a02eaf8708262a94f89044@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245604&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245604

Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 09:46:31 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <46a53064$0$31389$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au> <69qdnfyXocagQzjbnZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@comcast.com> <1185285659.060724.172660@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com> <1185303375.722919.203710@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com> <8acb71e2-c62a-49cd-a8e1-372b31239733n@googlegroups.com> <0c2f5a3c0de5cfe967a0dcd41f57370f@news.novabbs.com> <3aac73e9799c7d6279ae5acfa509bf5d@news.novabbs.com> <8796b9e0cbe27e66df613044df8110dc@news.novabbs.com> <69786381fa856f04d6ac2543fa81405d@news.novabbs.com> <c2e5990106210f513302d78cd55fd2bc@news.novabbs.com> <c88f4599e89d967061c83ff511713d33@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 09:46 UTC

Hello again my friend

😃