Stupidity got us into this mess -- why can't it get us out?

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Peter Orlovsky

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Peter OrlovskyFaraway Star
`* Re: Peter OrlovskyWill Dockery
 +- Re: Peter OrlovskyGeneral-Zod
 `* Re: Peter OrlovskyGeneral-Zod
  `* Re: Peter OrlovskyW.Dockery
   `* Re: Peter OrlovskyGeneral-Zod
    `* Re: Peter OrlovskyW.Dockery
     `- Re: Peter OrlovskyGeneral-Zod

1
Re: Peter Orlovsky

<113c7b35-bd9d-44e7-b57c-6973f0b4c3a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227098&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227098

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 11:20:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Peter Orlovsky
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 18:20 UTC

Peter Orlovsky reading a poem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E9dNkxECxI

***

Transcript

0:00
so write it down alum said 1961 bus ride
0:05
from Damascus to East Jerusalem for one
0:07
month visit what lucky joy thinking back
0:10
on it got rooftop named an Arab hotel
0:13
across from Damascus Gate fortress
0:16
entrance into old stone walled city our
0:19
hotel desk keeper started to get more
0:21
excited in mid conversation about my
0:24
question to him why are you so angry to
0:27
the Jews it not good for you or for them
0:29
anger only gets in their way of solving
0:32
problems between Arabs and Jews then he
0:35
said Arabs will always hate the Jews
0:37
because when he was a boy his father
0:39
owned a coffee shop in Palestine and one
0:42
day Jews or Israelis came with
0:44
submachine guns and told him come out
0:47
from inside and start walking down the
0:49
road and said they had became dry and
0:51
front coffee shop if they didn't walk
0:53
right now they stole this coffee shop
0:56
and gave him anger in return for his
0:58
coffee shop how many young tender
1:01
travellers has he told this jury - how
1:05
many fellow Muhammad and alibies did he
1:07
have to cream his anger - met young
1:10
palestine poet and translated hotel
1:12
keepers anger and took me to his family
1:16
refugee tin roof city rich anger that
1:19
sprouts years of memory anger poor anger
1:22
spelling bugs of tongue pain his coffee
1:25
shop now only a tiny emotional
1:28
photograph behind his front skull bone

***

Re: Peter Orlovsky

<b60ae595-e1c8-47c1-b03f-3ec7614735c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227145&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227145

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 13:30:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 20:30 UTC

Good find.

Re: Peter Orlovsky

<d58e7e3ad5837954d793e2da70d01fad@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227883&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227883

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 16:19:18 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 16:19 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Friday, August 11, 2023 at 2:20:28 PM UTC-4, Faraway Star wrote:
>> Peter Orlovsky reading a poem
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E9dNkxECxI
>>
>> ***
>>
>> Transcript
>>
>> 0:00
>> so write it down alum said 1961 bus ride
>> 0:05
>> from Damascus to East Jerusalem for one
>> 0:07
>> month visit what lucky joy thinking back
>> 0:10
>> on it got rooftop named an Arab hotel
>> 0:13
>> across from Damascus Gate fortress
>> 0:16
>> entrance into old stone walled city our
>> 0:19
>> hotel desk keeper started to get more
>> 0:21
>> excited in mid conversation about my
>> 0:24
>> question to him why are you so angry to
>> 0:27
>> the Jews it not good for you or for them
>> 0:29
>> anger only gets in their way of solving
>> 0:32
>> problems between Arabs and Jews then he
>> 0:35
>> said Arabs will always hate the Jews
>> 0:37
>> because when he was a boy his father
>> 0:39
>> owned a coffee shop in Palestine and one
>> 0:42
>> day Jews or Israelis came with
>> 0:44
>> submachine guns and told him come out
>> 0:47
>> from inside and start walking down the
>> 0:49
>> road and said they had became dry and
>> 0:51
>> front coffee shop if they didn't walk
>> 0:53
>> right now they stole this coffee shop
>> 0:56
>> and gave him anger in return for his
>> 0:58
>> coffee shop how many young tender
>> 1:01
>> travellers has he told this jury - how
>> 1:05
>> many fellow Muhammad and alibies did he
>> 1:07
>> have to cream his anger - met young
>> 1:10
>> palestine poet and translated hotel
>> 1:12
>> keepers anger and took me to his family
>> 1:16
>> refugee tin roof city rich anger that
>> 1:19
>> sprouts years of memory anger poor anger
>> 1:22
>> spelling bugs of tongue pain his coffee
>> 1:25
>> shop now only a tiny emotional
>> 1:28
>> photograph behind his front skull bone
>>
>> ***

> Good find.

Peter Orlovsky was one of the coolest of the Dharma Bums in my opinion...

Re: Peter Orlovsky

<0690743ac94065693b67aa3a9537c0b0@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227932&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227932

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:02:57 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:02 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
> then I do?"
> Nobody around, I piss anywhere.
> My Gabriel horns, my Gabriel horns: unfold the cheerfulies,
> my gay jubilation.
> Nov. 24th, 1957, Paris
> SECOND POEM
> Morning again, nothing has to be done,
> maybe buy a piano or make fudge.
> At least clean the room up for sure like my farther I've done flick
> the ashes & butts over the bed side on the floor.
> But frist of all wipe my glasses and drink the water
> to clean the smelly mouth.
> A nock on the door, a cat walks in, behind her the Zoo's baby
> elephant demanding fresh pancakes-I cant stand these
> hallucinations aney more.
> Time for another cigerette and then let the curtains rise, then I
> knowtice the dirt makes a road to the garbage pan
> No ice box so a dried up grapefruit.
> Is there any one saintly thing I can do to my room, paint it pink
> maybe or instal an elevator from the bed to the floor,
> maybe take a bath on the bed?
> Whats the use of liveing if I cant make paradise in my own
> room-land?
> For this drop of time upon my eyes
> like the endurance of a red star on a cigerate
> makes me feel life splits faster than sissors.
> I know if I could shave myself the bugs around my face would
> disappear forever.
> The holes in my shues are only temporary, I understand that.
> My rug is dirty but whose that isent?
> There comes a time in life when everybody must take a piss in
> the sink -here let me paint the window black for a minute.
> Thro a plate & brake it out of naughtiness-or maybe just
> innocently accidentally drop it wile walking around the
> tabol.
> Before the mirror I look like a sahara desert gost,
> or on the bed I resemble a crying mummey hollaring for air,
> or on the tabol I feel like Napoleon.
> But now for the main task of the day - wash my underwear -
> two months abused - what would the ants say about that?
> How can I wash my clothes - why I'd, I'd, I'd be a woman if I did
> that.
> No, I'd rather polish my sneakers than that and as for the floor
> its more creative to paint it then clean it up.
> As for the dishes I can do that for I am thinking of getting a job in
> a lunchenette.
> My life and my room are like two huge bugs following me
> around the globe.
> Thank god I have an innocent eye for nature.
> I was born to remember a song about love - on a hill a butterfly
> makes a cup that I drink from, walking over a bridge of
> flowers.
> Dec. 27th, 1957, Paris
> --
> Autograph Of Zorro" {from *Shadowville Live*}:
> <http://www.kannibaal.nl/zorro.mp3>
> "Autograph Of Zorro" {digital video}:
> <http://www.lulu.com/items/86000/86128/1/preview/45-Zorro.mpg>
> The Netherlands/Shadowville cross cultural exchange

The photo I am basing my portrait of Peter Orlovsky on:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374305699432

Re: Peter Orlovsky

<a9fe0961753bd7300426341920e051d0@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227937&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227937

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:26:41 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:26 UTC

Looking forward to seeing it.

:)

Re: Peter Orlovsky

<7543a1e663e7f97a7410e441a50e8a81@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=228739&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#228739

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 19:48:25 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 19:48 UTC

Almost read

Re: Peter Orlovsky

<ea8325e8fa45e49ccc57310f0e5ebc1f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=230609&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#230609

Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 15:48:26 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 15:48 UTC

Good morning, interesting.

Re: Peter Orlovsky

<7346474c739564147863f735b903531a@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=246825&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#246825

Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 22:41:02 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <9292c48c.0501031603.128a2e5f@posting.google.com> <1104976522.446443.284100@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> <113c7b35-bd9d-44e7-b57c-6973f0b4c3a5n@googlegroups.com> <b60ae595-e1c8-47c1-b03f-3ec7614735c2n@googlegroups.com> <0690743ac94065693b67aa3a9537c0b0@news.novabbs.com> <a9fe0961753bd7300426341920e051d0@news.novabbs.com> <7543a1e663e7f97a7410e441a50e8a81@news.novabbs.com> <ea8325e8fa45e49ccc57310f0e5ebc1f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 22:41 UTC

Yo... agreed...