From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.religion.druid, alt.religion.asatru, alt.mythology, soc.culture.jewish
Subject: Poetry special ability
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 01:47:53 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 05:17 UTC

As some on here know, I claim to be a primary ootw (Opener
of the Way, which I previously called avatar type) with a
global region and with a primary siddhi of matchmaking.

This primary siddhi differs from one ootw to another. I
believe that Rama had special language ability,
Krishna and Pan had special musical ability (as
does Ed Sheeran), Jacob had an agricultural ability
combining green thumb and animal husbandry,
Buddha had hypnosis special ability (including
guiding meditation), Jesus had healer special
ability, and Amergin and Glooskap had weatherworking
special ability. I don’t know yet what Moses’s
primary siddhi was; I will have to read the bible
and figure it out eventually (any suggestions?).

And while I hope to regain some poetic creativity,
I don’t have poetry special ability as my primary
siddhi. What ootws did? I think at least
Taliesin (Gwion Bach), Heracles, and the
composer of the Havamal. If David of the
Old Testament was an ootw (which I think
likely due to the five stones and a sling,
i.e. 5.5 lunar months), I think he had musical
special ability, not poetry special ability.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“Early morning jubilators, up to no good instigators... Sons of long

Re: Poetry special ability

<3f25b1ad07a735001c416e928e0e021b@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247082&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247082

Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 07:51:45 +0000
Subject: Re: Poetry special ability
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 07:51 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> As some on here know, I claim to be a primary ootw (Opener
> of the Way, which I previously called avatar type) with a
> global region and with a primary siddhi of matchmaking.

> This primary siddhi differs from one ootw to another. I
> believe that Rama had special language ability,
> Krishna and Pan had special musical ability (as
> does Ed Sheeran), Jacob had an agricultural ability
> combining green thumb and animal husbandry,
> Buddha had hypnosis special ability (including
> guiding meditation), Jesus had healer special
> ability, and Amergin and Glooskap had weatherworking
> special ability. I don’t know yet what Moses’s
> primary siddhi was; I will have to read the bible
> and figure it out eventually (any suggestions?).

> And while I hope to regain some poetic creativity,
> I don’t have poetry special ability as my primary
> siddhi. What ootws did? I think at least
> Taliesin (Gwion Bach), Heracles, and the
> composer of the Havamal. If David of the
> Old Testament was an ootw (which I think
> likely due to the five stones and a sling,
> i.e. 5.5 lunar months), I think he had musical
> special ability, not poetry special ability.

Quite specially interesting... Thanks for posting, D. D.

Re: Poetry special ability

<081f414d68569b0e46403efb3c76f260@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247091&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247091

Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 08:08:57 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 08:08 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> As some on here know, I claim to be a primary ootw (Opener
> of the Way, which I previously called avatar type) with a
> global region and with a primary siddhi of matchmaking.

> This primary siddhi differs from one ootw to another. I
> believe that Rama had special language ability,
> Krishna and Pan had special musical ability (as
> does Ed Sheeran), Jacob had an agricultural ability
> combining green thumb and animal husbandry,
> Buddha had hypnosis special ability (including
> guiding meditation), Jesus had healer special
> ability, and Amergin and Glooskap had weatherworking
> special ability. I don’t know yet what Moses’s
> primary siddhi was; I will have to read the bible
> and figure it out eventually (any suggestions?).

> And while I hope to regain some poetic creativity,
> I don’t have poetry special ability as my primary
> siddhi. What ootws did? I think at least
> Taliesin (Gwion Bach), Heracles, and the
> composer of the Havamal. If David of the
> Old Testament was an ootw (which I think
> likely due to the five stones and a sling,
> i.e. 5.5 lunar months), I think he had musical
> special ability, not poetry special ability.

Reading again, fascinating....

Re: Poetry special ability

<1ba5272066cc622aa8031baf4d598200@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247120&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247120

Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:36:28 +0000
From: W.Dock...@www.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:36 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> David Dalton wrote:
>>
>> As some on here know, I claim to be a primary ootw (Opener
>> of the Way, which I previously called avatar type) with a
>> global region and with a primary siddhi of matchmaking.

>> This primary siddhi differs from one ootw to another. I
>> believe that Rama had special language ability,
>> Krishna and Pan had special musical ability (as
>> does Ed Sheeran), Jacob had an agricultural ability
>> combining green thumb and animal husbandry,
>> Buddha had hypnosis special ability (including
>> guiding meditation), Jesus had healer special
>> ability, and Amergin and Glooskap had weatherworking
>> special ability. I don’t know yet what Moses’s
>> primary siddhi was; I will have to read the bible
>> and figure it out eventually (any suggestions?).

>> And while I hope to regain some poetic creativity,
>> I don’t have poetry special ability as my primary
>> siddhi. What ootws did? I think at least
>> Taliesin (Gwion Bach), Heracles, and the
>> composer of the Havamal. If David of the
>> Old Testament was an ootw (which I think
>> likely due to the five stones and a sling,
>> i.e. 5.5 lunar months), I think he had musical
>> special ability, not poetry special ability.

> Reading again, fascinating....

Agreed.

Re: Poetry special ability

<611612e7c37e8a73b6ce6b3ad9e6ba3b@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247496&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247496

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:23:47 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:23 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> As some on here know, I claim to be a primary ootw (Opener
> of the Way, which I previously called avatar type) with a
> global region and with a primary siddhi of matchmaking.

> This primary siddhi differs from one ootw to another. I
> believe that Rama had special language ability,
> Krishna and Pan had special musical ability (as
> does Ed Sheeran), Jacob had an agricultural ability
> combining green thumb and animal husbandry,
> Buddha had hypnosis special ability (including
> guiding meditation), Jesus had healer special
> ability, and Amergin and Glooskap had weatherworking
> special ability. I don’t know yet what Moses’s
> primary siddhi was; I will have to read the bible
> and figure it out eventually (any suggestions?).

> And while I hope to regain some poetic creativity,
> I don’t have poetry special ability as my primary
> siddhi. What ootws did? I think at least
> Taliesin (Gwion Bach), Heracles, and the
> composer of the Havamal. If David of the
> Old Testament was an ootw (which I think
> likely due to the five stones and a sling,
> i.e. 5.5 lunar months), I think he had musical
> special ability, not poetry special ability.

Again, quite interesting...

Re: Poetry special ability

<42102edf43fdbe10ceb418f686d0fdce@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=248023&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#248023

Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 18:05:50 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 18:05 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> David Dalton wrote:
>>
>> As some on here know, I claim to be a primary ootw (Opener
>> of the Way, which I previously called avatar type) with a
>> global region and with a primary siddhi of matchmaking.

>> This primary siddhi differs from one ootw to another. I
>> believe that Rama had special language ability,
>> Krishna and Pan had special musical ability (as
>> does Ed Sheeran), Jacob had an agricultural ability
>> combining green thumb and animal husbandry,
>> Buddha had hypnosis special ability (including
>> guiding meditation), Jesus had healer special
>> ability, and Amergin and Glooskap had weatherworking
>> special ability. I don’t know yet what Moses’s
>> primary siddhi was; I will have to read the bible
>> and figure it out eventually (any suggestions?).

>> And while I hope to regain some poetic creativity,
>> I don’t have poetry special ability as my primary
>> siddhi. What ootws did? I think at least
>> Taliesin (Gwion Bach), Heracles, and the
>> composer of the Havamal. If David of the
>> Old Testament was an ootw (which I think
>> likely due to the five stones and a sling,
>> i.e. 5.5 lunar months), I think he had musical
>> special ability, not poetry special ability.

> Again, quite interesting...

Again, agreed.