You may be marching to the beat of a different drummer, but you're still in the parade.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / You can't post on google anymore, but ...

SubjectAuthor
* You can't post on google anymore, but ...George J. Dance
+* Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...General-Zod
|`* Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...W.Dockery
| +- Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...General-Zod
| `- Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...General-Zod
`- Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...General-Zod

1
You can't post on google anymore, but ...

<a148c85f70fcdccac2c99a7047132807@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247534&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247534

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:06:26 +0000
Subject: You can't post on google anymore, but ...
From: George J...@www.novabbs.com (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: George J. Dance - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:06 UTC

You can't post on google anymore, but ... you can still report threads.

In that light, I'd suggest that everyone still reading aapc, who used to be on google groups, go there and exercise their power.

Team Monkey (Michael Monkey Peabrain, NastyGoon, and Chimp Obsesso) have in the past tried flooding the google archives with hateful posts about other aapc members; a strategy that failed, which explains their recent absence. However, in the past 24 tried flooding the google archives by reposting their content one more time, hoping that newcomers to the group would see their hateful content first.

Which is why I'd recommend that those still posting on aapc revisit google groups one more time, and report all posts by them in the past 24 hours as hateful content. At best, it will get them off the archive; at worst, they'll be blocked to the user, so that we won't have to see them again.

Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...

<1fdbbb5a8ded504aa154ebb725b15b6b@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247535&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247535

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:20:03 +0000
Subject: Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:20 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> You can't post on google anymore, but ... you can still report threads.

> In that light, I'd suggest that everyone still reading aapc, who used to be on google groups, go there and exercise their power.

> Team Monkey (Michael Monkey Peabrain, NastyGoon, and Chimp Obsesso) have in the past tried flooding the google archives with hateful posts about other aapc members; a strategy that failed, which explains their recent absence. However, in the past 24 tried flooding the google archives by reposting their content one more time, hoping that newcomers to the group would see their hateful content first.

> Which is why I'd recommend that those still posting on aapc revisit google groups one more time, and report all posts by them in the past 24 hours as hateful content. At best, it will get them off the archive; at worst, they'll be blocked to the user, so that we won't have to see them again.

Excellent plan G.D.

I am sorry I was unable to post in the last few minutres of Google Groups but that's just how it goes...

THIS is still going out to Usenet, and so of course this is the official a.a.p.c as we know.

AND... we can still post on the non-Usenet Google Groups, such as at:

https://groups.google.com/g/alt-arts-poetry-comments

alt.arts.poetry.commentary

So we still have a "Google Groups" venue if we want it..!

Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...

<3d5e907cbb78c392a342a51b8f20ac13@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247547&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247547

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:16:36 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:16 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> George J. Dance wrote:
>
>> You can't post on google anymore, but ... you can still report threads.

>> In that light, I'd suggest that everyone still reading aapc, who used to be on google groups, go there and exercise their power.

>> Team Monkey (Michael Monkey Peabrain, NastyGoon, and Chimp Obsesso) have in the past tried flooding the google archives with hateful posts about other aapc members; a strategy that failed, which explains their recent absence. However, in the past 24 tried flooding the google archives by reposting their content one more time, hoping that newcomers to the group would see their hateful content first.

>> Which is why I'd recommend that those still posting on aapc revisit google groups one more time, and report all posts by them in the past 24 hours as hateful content. At best, it will get them off the archive; at worst, they'll be blocked to the user, so that we won't have to see them again.

> Excellent plan G.D.

> I am sorry I was unable to post in the last few minutres of Google Groups but that's just how it goes...

> THIS is still going out to Usenet, and so of course this is the official a.a.p.c as we know.

> AND... we can still post on the non-Usenet Google Groups, such as at:

> https://groups.google.com/g/alt-arts-poetry-comments

> alt.arts.poetry.commentary

> So we still have a "Google Groups" venue if we want it..!

I had forgotten about that group, good to know there's still a place we can sort of still be involved with Google Groups, and who knows, maybe even work at building that group as well as restoring a.a.p.c. and rec.arts.poems to their former glory.

:)

Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...

<10347c8095f805f93e36729bffbaff5e@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247555&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247555

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 03:28:39 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 03:28 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> General-Zod wrote:

>> George J. Dance wrote:
>>
>>> You can't post on google anymore, but ... you can still report threads.

>>> In that light, I'd suggest that everyone still reading aapc, who used to be on google groups, go there and exercise their power.

>>> Team Monkey (Michael Monkey Peabrain, NastyGoon, and Chimp Obsesso) have in the past tried flooding the google archives with hateful posts about other aapc members; a strategy that failed, which explains their recent absence. However, in the past 24 tried flooding the google archives by reposting their content one more time, hoping that newcomers to the group would see their hateful content first.

>>> Which is why I'd recommend that those still posting on aapc revisit google groups one more time, and report all posts by them in the past 24 hours as hateful content. At best, it will get them off the archive; at worst, they'll be blocked to the user, so that we won't have to see them again.

>> Excellent plan G.D.

>> I am sorry I was unable to post in the last few minutres of Google Groups but that's just how it goes...

>> THIS is still going out to Usenet, and so of course this is the official a.a.p.c as we know.

>> AND... we can still post on the non-Usenet Google Groups, such as at:

>> https://groups.google.com/g/alt-arts-poetry-comments

>> alt.arts.poetry.commentary

>> So we still have a "Google Groups" venue if we want it..!

> I had forgotten about that group, good to know there's still a place we can sort of still be involved with Google Groups, and who knows, maybe even work at building that group as well as restoring a.a.p.c. and rec.arts.poems to their former glory.

> :)

Indeed...!

https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/alt-arts-poetry-comments

Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...

<4a4c475089366ad40982bff09b22f620@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247565&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247565

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 11:48:56 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 11:48 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> You can't post on google anymore, but ... you can still report threads.

And please support what's left of Google Groups, before the plug is pulled on that directly, probably soon:

alt.arts.poetry.commentary

https://groups.google.com/g/alt-arts-poetry-comments

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> In that light, I'd suggest that everyone still reading aapc, who used to be on google groups, go there and exercise their power.

> Team Monkey (Michael Monkey Peabrain, NastyGoon, and Chimp Obsesso) have in the past tried flooding the google archives with hateful posts about other aapc members; a strategy that failed, which explains their recent absence. However, in the past 24 tried flooding the google archives by reposting their content one more time, hoping that newcomers to the group would see their hateful content first.

> Which is why I'd recommend that those still posting on aapc revisit google groups one more time, and report all posts by them in the past 24 hours as hateful content. At best, it will get them off the archive; at worst, they'll be blocked to the user, so that we won't have to see them again.

Well put, G. D.

Re: You can't post on google anymore, but ...

<48d6bf71217c99e1fb5a5691287b2acd@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247723&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247723

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 22:07:46 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 22:07 UTC

W.Dockery wrote:

> General-Zod wrote:

>> George J. Dance wrote:
>>
>>> You can't post on google anymore, but ... you can still report threads.

>>> In that light, I'd suggest that everyone still reading aapc, who used to be on google groups, go there and exercise their power.

>>> Team Monkey (Michael Monkey Peabrain, NastyGoon, and Chimp Obsesso) have in the past tried flooding the google archives with hateful posts about other aapc members; a strategy that failed, which explains their recent absence. However, in the past 24 tried flooding the google archives by reposting their content one more time, hoping that newcomers to the group would see their hateful content first.

>>> Which is why I'd recommend that those still posting on aapc revisit google groups one more time, and report all posts by them in the past 24 hours as hateful content. At best, it will get them off the archive; at worst, they'll be blocked to the user, so that we won't have to see them again.

>> Excellent plan G.D.

>> I am sorry I was unable to post in the last few minutres of Google Groups but that's just how it goes...

>> THIS is still going out to Usenet, and so of course this is the official a.a.p.c as we know.

>> AND... we can still post on the non-Usenet Google Groups, such as at:

>> https://groups.google.com/g/alt-arts-poetry-comments

>> alt.arts.poetry.commentary

>> So we still have a "Google Groups" venue if we want it..!

> I had forgotten about that group, good to know there's still a place we can sort of still be involved with Google Groups, and who knows, maybe even work at building that group as well as restoring a.a.p.c. and rec.arts.poems to their former glory.

> :)

Quite enjoyable since we all loved Google Groups dearly, more dearly than the spoken word can tell.. ha ha.