From: letsr...@opbox.com (RWC)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Subject: 1957 - "Dark Eyes" by the beautiful Lorna Anderson (Live)
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 20:31:45 -0400
 by: RWC - Tue, 3 May 2022 00:31 UTC

Lorna M. Anderson represented California in the Miss America 1958
Pageant (held in Atlantic City, NJ, in Sept 1957 on CBS) and was voted
third runner-up - "Her talent was the accordion!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxRvl7SCqI

Lorna Anderson herself has responded to many of the comments:

"I went back to college and finished my degree in Elementary
Education. I was in education and more specifically, special
education after awhile, for 24 years. Teaching is a great profession."

"Oh, goodness, the {accordion} was in its glory then and the world was
a very different place for families. We all got together and played
instruments and sang and danced and reveled in the joy of getting
together and having a joyous time together. Yes, the smorgasbord was
a big part of our large gatherings, and the food was really extra
special. Ahhhh, those were the days."

Official 1957 Miss California Headshot of Lorna Anderson (she entered
the contest as Miss Sacramento):
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ab/50/1e/ab501ea0c70578569485d5978e00550b.jpg

The daughter of Swedish immigrants, she played the accordion from the
age of 9.

Lorna Andersson Remembers The Accordion's Golden Age - released 2010
https://www.allmusic.com/album/release/lorna-andersson-remembers-the-accordions-golden-age-mr0003210967