Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet? -- Lily Tomlin

arts / rec.arts.sf.tv / Re: Channel Drift

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Channel DriftUbiquitous
+* Re: Channel DriftJerry Brown
|`- Re: Channel DriftUbiquitous
`* Ubi the shithead strikes again (was: Channel Drift)Adam H. Kerman
 +- Re: Ubi the shithead strikes again (was: Channel Drift)super70s
 +* Re: Ubi the shithead strikes againsuzeeq
 |+- Re: Ubi the shithead strikes againUbiquitous
 |`- Re: Channel DriftUbiquitous
 `* Re: Channel DriftUbiquitous
  `- Re: Ubi the shithead strikes againAdam H. Kerman

1
Re: Channel Drift

<tbbbl9$2aif7$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2526&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2526

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,alt.tv.scifi.channel,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Channel Drift
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <nb4m1f$jv6t$1@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
> A Friend <A Friend> wrote:
>> tmc1982@gmail.com wrote:

>>> https://www.radiodiscussions.com/threads/channel-drift.751516/
>>>
>>> What was the reason(s) for a channel such as MTV or SyFy to drift
>>> away from its original channel model and direction?
>>
>>In MTV's case, nobody was making videos anymore. They were too
>>expensive and didn't affect music sales.
>>
>>SyFy has always been a mess, even back when it was the Buck Rogers
>>Channel.
>
>Some of my favorite SF programs were on USA. The better stuff on Syfy
>was usually foreign programming.

Lexx will always be a fav of mine.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Channel Drift

<6duidh9o32lg63733d1vebf348in741qkt@jwbrown.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2527&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2527

From: jer...@jwbrown.co.uk.invalid (Jerry Brown)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,alt.tv.scifi.channel,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 17:07:21 +0100
 by: Jerry Brown - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 16:07 UTC

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 04:30:42 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>In article <nb4m1f$jv6t$1@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
>> A Friend <A Friend> wrote:

>>>In MTV's case, nobody was making videos anymore. They were too
>>>expensive and didn't affect music sales.
>>>
>>>SyFy has always been a mess, even back when it was the Buck Rogers
>>>Channel.
>>
>>Some of my favorite SF programs were on USA. The better stuff on Syfy
>>was usually foreign programming.
>
>Lexx will always be a fav of mine.

May His Shadow fall upon you.

--
Jerry Brown

A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)

Ubi the shithead strikes again (was: Channel Drift)

<tbc99d$2ic2f$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2528&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2528

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,alt.tv.scifi.channel,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Ubi the shithead strikes again (was: Channel Drift)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 19:26:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 19:26 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>ahk@chinet.com wrote:
>>A Friend wrote:

>>>In MTV's case, nobody was making videos anymore. They were too
>>>expensive and didn't affect music sales.

>>>SyFy has always been a mess, even back when it was the Buck Rogers
>>>Channel.

>>Some of my favorite SF programs were on USA. The better stuff on Syfy
>>was usually foreign programming.

>Lexx will always be a fav of mine.

It's not my place to tell Usenet users whom to associate with and whose
articles to post followups to. I will point out further antics from
Ubi the Shithead. You can decide for yourself if continuing to post
followups to Ubi is troll feeding and if he's truly your friend.

In this thread,

Subject: Channel Drift

I had posted an article.

I didn't crosspost. I didn't set Followup-To. Anyone on Usenet who knows
me is well aware that I almost never do either, especially not in a
thread in which the crossposting and setting of Followup-To is due to
Ubi-the-shithead's antics and not the author of the root article in the
thread.

Ubi forged an article from me once again.

Note that the two Message IDs are off by one character.

One may create one's own Message IDs in the newsreader. I don't do that.
I allow eternal september to create them for me. If the user creates his
own Message ID, it must be in valid syntax and unique and MUST NOT forge
an association with another domain. Ray Banana, the News administrator
of eternal-september, registered that domain. Ubi MUST NOT use it.

In Ubi's forgery, the article is crossposted but Ubi the shithead is
quite stupid and included a newsgroup that doesn't exist. He then set
Followup-To crossposted to four newsgroups.

He also preloaded the Injection headers to pretend the article was still
the one posted through eternal-september instead of Giganews.

Giganews has allowed Ubi to forge other Usenet users for years and to
inject articles that violate standards such as these with the pre-loaded
Injection headers. I don't know why they didn't stop Ubi years ago. They
ignore all abuse reports.

You may wonder why all these articles these threads exist in rec.arts.tv
at all. They were started by a common author, the Usenet shill.

From: Terrence Clay <tmc1982@gmail.com>

fwiw, Terrence doesn't post his own content and nearly never
participates in discussion except to deny shilling, but Terrence does
not crosspost. From the root article:

Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv

Ubi forged Terrence Clay and crossposted. We can read Ubi's forgery in
rec.arts.tv but not the precursor article without reading it in
alt.tv.mtv.

Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,alt.tv.scifi.channel,rec.arts.tv

Ubi is no one's friend. He's a troll. He forges. His forgeries tend to
violate Usenet syntax in a serious manner desiged to prevent forgeries,
so it's all Abuse of Usenet that really should get Ubi TOSsed from every
Usenet server he uses, but it doesn't.

Just because Giganews allows Ubi to get away with this behavior doesn't
mean you should. Don't post followups to Ubi's forgeries ever. Don't
post followups to articles Ubi posts that aren't forgeries. Just deny
him the attention he craves so desperately.

Re: Ubi the shithead strikes again (was: Channel Drift)

<super70s-F2CC57.15533621072022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2529&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2529

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,alt.tv.scifi.channel,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 15:53:36 -0500
 by: super70s - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:53 UTC

In article <tbc99d$2ic2f$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Giganews has allowed Ubi to forge other Usenet users for years and to
> inject articles that violate standards such as these with the pre-loaded
> Injection headers. I don't know why they didn't stop Ubi years ago. They
> ignore all abuse reports.

I remember an infamous Usenet mega-flooder and stalker named Bob Milby
using some kind of third party auto-post software he might have
developed on his own used to post through Giganews. He'd probably still
be doing it if he hadn't allegedly died 8 or 10 years ago.

As long as you're willing to pay Giganews some monthly fee (kinda stupid
to pay anybody for Usenet IMO) they apparently don't care what their
users do. They're even more irresponsible than that infamous
dizum/neodome troller's outfit.

Re: Ubi the shithead strikes again

<tbcffb$h355$3@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2530&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2530

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Ubi the shithead strikes again
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:12:10 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 21:12 UTC

On 7/21/2022 12:26 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> [...]
> not crosspost. From the root article:

> Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv
>
> Ubi forged Terrence Clay and crossposted. We can read Ubi's forgery in
> rec.arts.tv but not the precursor article without reading it in
> alt.tv.mtv.

> Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,alt.tv.scifi.channel,rec.arts.tv
>
> Ubi is no one's friend. He's a troll. He forges. His forgeries tend to
> violate Usenet syntax in a serious manner desiged to prevent forgeries,
> so it's all Abuse of Usenet that really should get Ubi TOSsed from every
> Usenet server he uses, but it doesn't.
>
> Just because Giganews allows Ubi to get away with this behavior doesn't
> mean you should. Don't post followups to Ubi's forgeries ever. Don't
> post followups to articles Ubi posts that aren't forgeries. Just deny
> him the attention he craves so desperately.

I KF'd him a while back.

Re: Channel Drift

<tbe1d4$32nju$5@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2533&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2533

Followup: alt.troll.adam-h-kerman
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,alt.tv.scifi.channel,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <tbc99d$2ic2f$1@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> ahk@chinet.com wrote:

>>>Some of my favorite SF programs were on USA. The better stuff on Syfy
>>>was usually foreign programming.
>>
>>Lexx will always be a fav of mine.
>
>It's not my place to tell Usenet users whom to associate with and whose
>articles to post followups to. I will point out further antics from
>Ubi the Shithead. You can decide for yourself if continuing to post
>followups to Ubi is troll feeding and if he's truly your friend.

[Paranoid hysterical conspiratorial rantings deleted]

Trolling? That's pretty funny, coming from you!

(I am pretty sure you have claimed to have killfiled me on multiple
occassions, including the time I offered condolences for your dog.)

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ubi the shithead strikes again

<tbe1h9$32nju$6@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2534&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2534

Followup: alt.troll,alt.troll.adam-h-kerman
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 04:30:46 -0400

In article <tbcffb$h355$3@solani.org>, suzee@imbris.com wrote:

>I KF'd him a while back.

Yet you managed to post a followup to me last week...

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Channel Drift

<tbe1tj$32nju$7@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2535&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2535

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,alt.tv.scifi.channel,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:33:07 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:33 UTC

jerry@jwbrown.co.uk.invalid wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>Some of my favorite SF programs were on USA. The better stuff on Syfy
>>>was usually foreign programming.
>>
>>Lexx will always be a fav of mine.
>
>May His Shadow fall upon you.

�May His merciful Shadow fall upon you.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Channel Drift

<Stbe1h9$32nju$6@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2536&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2536

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Supersedes: <tbe1h9$32nju$6@dont-email.me>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 04:40:46 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 08:40 UTC

In article <tbcffb$h355$3@solani.org>, suzee@imbris.com wrote:

>I KF'd him a while back.

Yet you managed to post a followup to me last week...

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ubi the shithead strikes again

<tbec7i$35bns$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2538&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2538

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,alt.tv.scifi.channel,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 14:29:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 14:29 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>ahk@chinet.com wrote:
>>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>Lexx will always be a fav of mine.

>>It's not my place to tell Usenet users whom to associate with and whose
>>articles to post followups to. I will point out further antics from
>>Ubi the Shithead. You can decide for yourself if continuing to post
>>followups to Ubi is troll feeding and if he's truly your friend.

>[Paranoid hysterical conspiratorial rantings deleted]

Ubi, I presented evidence demonstrated that you have been forging
Terrence Clay repeatedly, and you forged me in this thread. You have
been posting the forgeries through Giganews. They've been allowing you to
post forgeries of other people for years. I made an abuse complaint but
I'm sure it will continue to be ignored.

It's curious that you didn't deny posting the forgeries through
Giganews. You didn't address the issue in any way, just snipped the
quote like the coward that you are.

>Trolling? That's pretty funny, coming from you!

>(I am pretty sure you have claimed to have killfiled me on multiple
>occassions, including the time I offered condolences for your dog.)

Each and every time I catch you forging other people, I do have to read
your articles' headers. Alas, there is no choice because you are such a
shithead.