From: gar...@REMOVEmcgathREMOVE.com (Gary McGath)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Pemmi-con code of conduct
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 11:49:31 -0500
 by: Gary McGath - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 16:49 UTC

The code of conduct for Pemmi-Con, the 2023 NASFiC, is at
https://main.pemmi-con.ca/policies/code-of-conduct/

I'll give it a passing grade.

It specifies that "harassment is any behaviour
that _intentionally_ annoys, threatens, or alarms another person" (their
emphasis). Read in context, I think it makes it clear that just saying
something someone doesn't like isn't harassment.

The code prohibits "Smoking any substance, including tobacco,
e-cigarettes, medicinal marijuana anywhere outside of your own home."
Anywhere?? While you're driving to Minnesota to get to the con? (They do
have an email address for complaining about pre-con violations.) But
this is just a nitpick on phrasing. I'm sure they mean "anywhere the con
has jurisdiction."

"Requesting autographs/photos outside of autograph sessions or programme
items without first requesting permission." You have to request
permission to request an autograph? Again, just bad wording; I take it
to mean people shouldn't badger pros for autographs.

I've seen worse and can live with this.
--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com