Dr. Livingston? Dr. Livingston I. Presume?

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

SubjectAuthor
* S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourThe True Doctor
+- S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourThe Doctor
+* S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourBlueshirt
|`* S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourThe Doctor
| `* S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourBlueshirt
|  `* S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourThe Doctor
|   `* S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourBlueshirt
|    `* S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourThe Doctor
|     `- S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourBlueshirt
`- S01E05-11 The Daleks in ColourStephen Wilson

1
S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<ujp35d$22dr2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25504&group=rec.arts.drwho#25504

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 02:52:27 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 02:52 UTC

Oh how wonderful it was not to be lectured to by woke bigots about which
orifice I should stick my cock in and that I was a bad person because I
was white, male, and heterosexual.

Instead of degenerate soap opera written by clueless hacks every line of
dialogue served to advance the plot and the characters.

The TARDIS lands in a mysterious petrified forest on an unknown planet.

The occupants exit and find a metal box on the ground in front of them.
The set out exploring and discover a city on it's outskirts. The Doctor
wants to investigate it but the others want to go back to the space ship
and leave.

Back inside the ship the Doctor arranges for the fluid link to fall out
which stops the ship from taking off and tells his companions that they
must go to the city to replenish it with mercury.

Inside the city they are all captured by the machines called Daleks
which dwell inside and begin to suffer the effects of radiation
sickness. The Daleks can't leave the city because of the radiation
outside and so the Doctor offers for one of them to go back outside and
bring back the anti-radiation medicine which the planet's other
inhabitants the Thals have given them.

Susan goes back for the medicine and meets a Thal who isn't a mutant as
the Daleks make out he will be, and he gives her another box of medicine
for her and her companions and tells her to hid it on herself because he
knows the Daleks will take both boxes from her if she doesn't.

She returns, the Daleks have taken both boxes from her and put her back
in the cell. The Thals are then deceived by the Daleks to enter the city
in return for food. The prisoners escape from the city, meet up with the
Thals, convince them to fight like the warriors they were before, and
raid the city from two side, cut off the power, and stop the Daleks from
activating a neutron bomb to cover the planet with radioactive fall out
after they discover that they need radiation to survive when the Thal
anti-radiation medicine they test on other Daleks kills them, as the
planet can't be home to both Daleks and Thals.

The fluid link never needed fixing and is finally retrieved after the
Daleks' defeat by Chesterton from the Daleks' city and along with
Barbara and Susan the Doctor departs in the TARDIS while the Thals
decide to rebuild the planet.

This is a story about the aftermath of nuclear war and who has the right
to survive. The Thals who were the original warrior race become
pacifists who lose their fighting spirit, and the Daleks who were
originally philosophers, scientists, artists, and creatives become the
new warrior race after they become mutated and have to live in metal
cases. Who deserves to live on the planet's surface when the conditions
can only suit one and not the other?

The Daleks lead everyone to believe that the Thals are mutants just like
they are, but they're not. This is akin to modern day woke retards
claiming that everyone that they hate and oppose is a racist, a sexist,
and homophobe and a bigot when its they themselves who are the real
racists, sexists, homophobes and bigots. Terry Nation predicted this
retarded woke mentality 60 years ago. The current Doctor Who show
runners should take note and learn this lesson.

Should the Daleks have tried to take revenge for what the Thals did to
them in the past? Clearly not is the message that this story is sending.
People should be judged as to how the are now, not what their ancestors
were like.

Lots of stuff was cut from the original 7 part serial to make this
colourized 70 minute version, including the storming of the Dalek power
plant, if that scene was ever there to begin with as it is in the
novelization. There's no tentacled Dalek creature in its transparent
case complete with Dalek heartbeat in the centre of the Dalek control
room as there was in the novelization either.

New Dalek dialogue is added to retcon Kaleds into Dalek history.

New background music is also added which for the most part is totally
unnecessary and extremely annoying.

The colourization mostly looks good but it would have been better if the
original serial had been made on colour film like the original series of
Stat Trek was so that it could have been remastered in high definition.

What appear like new special effects like the monster in the lagoon and
the whirlpool seem to have been added. Some of the Dalek scenes might
have been recreated also since the Daleks look considerably sharper than
the human characters.

10/10 for the original story by Terry Nation.

9/10 for the colourized version. Let down by the annoying music,
especially when it turns into terrible 60s style pop.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<ujpeda$300n$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25512&group=rec.arts.drwho#25512

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 06:04:26 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 06:04 UTC

In article <ujp35d$22dr2$1@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
> [...]
>room as there was in the novelization either.
>
>New Dalek dialogue is added to retcon Kaleds into Dalek history.
>
>New background music is also added which for the most part is totally
>unnecessary and extremely annoying.
>
>The colourization mostly looks good but it would have been better if the
>original serial had been made on colour film like the original series of
>Stat Trek was so that it could have been remastered in high definition.
>
>What appear like new special effects like the monster in the lagoon and
>the whirlpool seem to have been added. Some of the Dalek scenes might
>have been recreated also since the Daleks look considerably sharper than
>the human characters.
>
>10/10 for the original story by Terry Nation.
>
>9/10 for the colourized version. Let down by the annoying music,
>especially when it turns into terrible 60s style pop.

How about 50% cut?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<nnd$310aa7de$400e78c5@de29c4d42092615d>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25565&group=rec.arts.drwho#25565

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 18:37:12 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 18:37 UTC

The True Doctor wrote:

> 10/10 for the original story by Terry Nation.
>
> 9/10 for the colourized version. Let down by the annoying music,
> especially when it turns into terrible 60s style pop.

8.5/10 for "The Daleks" in Colour...

Some tight editing in parts and the flashback scenes will grow on me
over time... but some nice additions for this version. This was an
enjoyable enough version of "The Daleks" and it was great to see
William Hartnell's Doctor in colour. I've had to mark it down for the
bit with the - out of place - funky music though!*

The end montage was brilliant and hopefully we can look forward to
those in the future...

[*Mark Ayres, WTF?!)

Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<ujrhme$4o0$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25584&group=rec.arts.drwho#25584

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:12:46 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:12 UTC

In article <nnd$310aa7de$400e78c5@de29c4d42092615d>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The True Doctor wrote:
>>
>> 10/10 for the original story by Terry Nation.
>>
>> 9/10 for the colourized version. Let down by the annoying music,
>> especially when it turns into terrible 60s style pop.
>
>8.5/10 for "The Daleks" in Colour...
>
>Some tight editing in parts and the flashback scenes will grow on me
>over time... but some nice additions for this version. This was an
>enjoyable enough version of "The Daleks" and it was great to see
>William Hartnell's Doctor in colour. I've had to mark it down for the
>bit with the - out of place - funky music though!*
>
>The end montage was brilliant and hopefully we can look forward to
>those in the future...
>

>[*Mark Ayres, WTF?!)

8.5 ? I thought you were going for higher.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<nnd$54c99acb$4d7e6027@8992d791ece3bc04>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25618&group=rec.arts.drwho#25618

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 12:50:53 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 12:50 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <nnd$310aa7de$400e78c5@de29c4d42092615d>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> >
> > Some tight editing in parts and the flashback scenes will grow on
> > me over time... but some nice additions for this version. This
> > was an enjoyable enough version of "The Daleks" and it was great
> > to see William Hartnell's Doctor in colour. I've had to mark it
> > down for the bit with the - out of place - funky music though!*
> >
> > The end montage was brilliant and hopefully we can look forward to
> > those in the future...
> >
> > [*Mark Ayres, WTF?!)
>
> 8.5 ? I thought you were going for higher.

I review fairly Dave... based on what I think. Not based on what
somebody else on the internet thought, or to look clever!

The very loud funky music took my mark down, as I said in my
mini-review...

Another ten minutes might have helped too.

Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<ujss53$1837$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25629&group=rec.arts.drwho#25629

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 13:17:23 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 13:17 UTC

In article <nnd$54c99acb$4d7e6027@8992d791ece3bc04>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <nnd$310aa7de$400e78c5@de29c4d42092615d>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> >
>> > Some tight editing in parts and the flashback scenes will grow on
>> > me over time... but some nice additions for this version. This
>> > was an enjoyable enough version of "The Daleks" and it was great
>> > to see William Hartnell's Doctor in colour. I've had to mark it
>> > down for the bit with the - out of place - funky music though!*
>> >
>> > The end montage was brilliant and hopefully we can look forward to
>> > those in the future...
>> >
>> > [*Mark Ayres, WTF?!)
>>
>> 8.5 ? I thought you were going for higher.
>
>I review fairly Dave... based on what I think. Not based on what
>somebody else on the internet thought, or to look clever!
>
>The very loud funky music took my mark down, as I said in my
>mini-review...
>
>Another ten minutes might have helped too.

Well it was suppose to be 175 minutes!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<nnd$1f891ed1$1ab839cc@bff4b142598f94e5>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25634&group=rec.arts.drwho#25634

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 13:41:45 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 13:41 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <nnd$54c99acb$4d7e6027@8992d791ece3bc04>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> >
> > Another ten minutes might have helped too.
>
> Well it was suppose to be 175 minutes!

Yes Dave, and the seven episode story was cut down to a three episode
length story. It is the same story though.

Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<ujt07u$21an$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25641&group=rec.arts.drwho#25641

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 14:27:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 14:27 UTC

In article <nnd$1f891ed1$1ab839cc@bff4b142598f94e5>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <nnd$54c99acb$4d7e6027@8992d791ece3bc04>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> >
>> > Another ten minutes might have helped too.
>>
>> Well it was suppose to be 175 minutes!
>
>Yes Dave, and the seven episode story was cut down to a three episode
>length story. It is the same story though.

I doubt it!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<nnd$77c2d83e$1761f2a8@d9bd28d856b0cda1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25648&group=rec.arts.drwho#25648

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 14:44:49 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 14:44 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <nnd$1f891ed1$1ab839cc@bff4b142598f94e5>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> Well it was suppose to be 175 minutes!
> >
> > Yes Dave, and the seven episode story was cut down to a three
> > episode length story. It is the same story though.
>
> I doubt it!

Don't be stupid. Of course it is the same story you clown.

Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour

<73af0139-f731-4a7e-81cf-0cd4de727144n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25662&group=rec.arts.drwho#25662

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 09:32:56 -0800 (PST)
From: wilsonsr...@gmail.com (Stephen Wilson)
 by: Stephen Wilson - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 17:32 UTC

> What appear like new special effects like the monster in the lagoon and
> the whirlpool seem to have been added. Some of the Dalek scenes might
> have been recreated also since the Daleks look considerably sharper than
> the human characters.
>
> 10/10 for the original story by Terry Nation.
>
> 9/10 for the colourized version. Let down by the annoying music,
> especially when it turns into terrible 60s style pop.

You're a fucking hypocrite, Aggy. If this had been made and shown today, you'd have given it 0/10. You'd have found hundreds of problems with it, all the way form a female director to a dodgy story with poor science, weak acting, a woke plot and things that made no sense at all. Dalek machines with signs in English? Dalek casings that could fit a man, and make him sound like a Dalek? Aliens with toilet suckers for hands? Standard Terry Nation story - explore, get captured, escape, regroup, attack, win. Unconvincing handful of Thals (we're to believe they've never even seen the Daleks after all those years?!), with a poor attempt at a love interest for Barbara, and some getting killed off, attempting to create pathos but failing completely. The Doctor is manipulative and thoughtless. Daleks who flip-flop between being extinct vs a thriving society and who frequently capture the Doctor, but never kill him Sometimes they're invulnerable killing machines, other times they're very simple to disable and overcome. They even need a pair of lights on their tops so you can tell which one is meant to be talking! And the original story drags so much at a completely unnecessary 7 episodes.

Sorry, Aggy, but you're less consistent than a Tory government.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: S01E05-11 The Daleks in Colour