From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Ncuti Gatwa’s first scene
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 16:28:51 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:e+SbWWBcABQz6dcVf5rHd2zj/O8=
 by: The Last Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 16:28 UTC

Well, he’d said he had a scene with William Hartnell … I thought that most
likely meant some jiggery-pokery with CGI and green screen some time in
series 14 - but no.

Clever misdirection - I’ve now seen his first 5 second clip as the Doctor -
winking knowingly at David Bradley, playing William Hartnell, playing the
First Doctor, in the final sequence of the revised “An Adventure in Space
and Time”.

No words, but it was a lovely moment.

They said at the time that this moment was filmed to allow them always to
replace Matt Smith with the current Doctor - and now they’ve done it for
the first time, and the show has been added to the iPlayer WHOniverse
catalogue.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: Ncuti Gatwa’s first scene

<ujt9se$2sdok$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25658&group=rec.arts.drwho#25658

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re:_Ncuti_Gatwa’s_first_scene
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 17:11:39 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 17:11 UTC

On 25/11/2023 16:28, The Last Doctor wrote:

> Well, he’d said he had a scene with William Hartnell … I thought that most
> likely meant some jiggery-pokery with CGI and green screen some time in
> series 14 - but no.
>
> Clever misdirection - I’ve now seen his first 5 second clip as the Doctor -

It was obvious they were going to do what they did from the start when
An Adventure in Space and Time was scheduled on BBC4

> winking knowingly at David Bradley, playing William Hartnell, playing the
> First Doctor, in the final sequence of the revised “An Adventure in Space
> and Time”.
>
> No words, but it was a lovely moment.

I've no desire to watch it since Doctor Who ended in 2017. Tennant is
the current fake Doctor hallucination not Gatwa, so it should have been
Tennant.

> They said at the time that this moment was filmed to allow them always to
> replace Matt Smith with the current Doctor - and now they’ve done it for

Yes they did.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Ncuti Gatwa’s first scene

<ujtl52$294a$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25669&group=rec.arts.drwho#25669

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:24:02 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:24 UTC

In article <ujt7c3$2s2ss$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:

>Well, he’d said he had a scene with William Hartnell … I thought that most
>likely meant some jiggery-pokery with CGI and green screen some time in
>series 14 - but no.
>
>Clever misdirection - I’ve now seen his first 5 second clip as the Doctor -
>winking knowingly at David Bradley, playing William Hartnell, playing the
>First Doctor, in the final sequence of the revised “An Adventure in Space
>and Time”.
>
>No words, but it was a lovely moment.
>
>They said at the time that this moment was filmed to allow them always to
>replace Matt Smith with the current Doctor - and now they’ve done it for
>the first time, and the show has been added to the iPlayer WHOniverse
>catalogue.

We see something.
>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Re: Ncuti Gatwa’s first scene

<ujtl6c$294a$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25670&group=rec.arts.drwho#25670

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Re:_Ncuti_Gatwa’s_first_scene
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:24:44 -0000 (UTC)

In article <ujt9se$2sdok$1@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 25/11/2023 16:28, The Last Doctor wrote:
>>
>> Well, he’d said he had a scene with William Hartnell … I thought that most
>> likely meant some jiggery-pokery with CGI and green screen some time in
>> series 14 - but no.
>>
>> Clever misdirection - I’ve now seen his first 5 second clip as the Doctor -
>
>It was obvious they were going to do what they did from the start when
>An Adventure in Space and Time was scheduled on BBC4
>
>> winking knowingly at David Bradley, playing William Hartnell, playing the
>> First Doctor, in the final sequence of the revised “An Adventure in Space
>> and Time”.
>>
>> No words, but it was a lovely moment.
>>

>I've no desire to watch it since Doctor Who ended in 2017. Tennant is
>the current fake Doctor hallucination not Gatwa, so it should have been
>Tennant.

Depends on the hallucination.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca