From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.books.tolkien
Subject: [OT] Agent 8 and TLS 1.2
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 10:04:04 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Wed, 24 May 2023 17:04 UTC

This is completely off-topic, but I know there are other Agent users
out there and have a pending problem.

My ISP is going to restrict email access (Agent shows the "connection"
choices under "outgoing email", so that is what this is about) to TLS
1.2. They are giving July 17 as the date to test my client by.

I can't find any indication in the Help file or on the website for
Agent whether it supports 1.2 or not. Does anybody know?

If it doesn't, any recommendations of email clients that /do/ support
TLS 1.2?

Thanks
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian

Re: [OT] Agent 8 and TLS 1.2

<slrnu6shea.1m30j.jcb@high.jcbradfield.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=260&group=rec.arts.books.tolkien#260

From: jcb...@inf.ed.ac.uk (Julian Bradfield)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.books.tolkien
Subject: Re: [OT] Agent 8 and TLS 1.2
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 17:13:46 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Julian Bradfield - Wed, 24 May 2023 17:13 UTC

On 2023-05-24, Paul S Person <psperson@old.netcom.invalid> wrote:
> I can't find any indication in the Help file or on the website for
> Agent whether it supports 1.2 or not. Does anybody know?

Google knows.

The top hit for "ForteAgent tls 1.2" should tell you what you need to
know.

Re: [OT] Agent 8 and TLS 1.2

<9e5u6idj3u4a0sg71hd4sms08vomlc86lp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=261&group=rec.arts.books.tolkien#261

From: wib...@bibble.com.invalid (wibble@bibble.com.invalid)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.books.tolkien
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 09:03:53 +0100
 by: wibble@bibble.com.in - Thu, 25 May 2023 08:03 UTC

On Wed, 24 May 2023 10:04:04 -0700, Paul S Person
<psperson@old.netcom.invalid> wrote:

>This is completely off-topic, but I know there are other Agent users
>out there and have a pending problem.
>
>My ISP is going to restrict email access (Agent shows the "connection"
>choices under "outgoing email", so that is what this is about) to TLS
>1.2. They are giving July 17 as the date to test my client by.
>
>I can't find any indication in the Help file or on the website for
>Agent whether it supports 1.2 or not. Does anybody know?
>
>If it doesn't, any recommendations of email clients that /do/ support
>TLS 1.2?
>
>Thanks
Ralph the expert on Agent hangs out where you would expect.
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

--
NNNN

Re: [OT] Agent 8 and TLS 1.2

<8lvu6ipvtf91lor58v99jfjsb64er0osbf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=262&group=rec.arts.books.tolkien#262

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.books.tolkien
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 08:29:08 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Thu, 25 May 2023 15:29 UTC

On Thu, 25 May 2023 09:03:53 +0100, "wibble@bibble.com.invalid"
<wibble@bibble.com.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 May 2023 10:04:04 -0700, Paul S Person
><psperson@old.netcom.invalid> wrote:
>
>>This is completely off-topic, but I know there are other Agent users
>>out there and have a pending problem.
>>
>>My ISP is going to restrict email access (Agent shows the "connection"
>>choices under "outgoing email", so that is what this is about) to TLS
>>1.2. They are giving July 17 as the date to test my client by.
>>
>>I can't find any indication in the Help file or on the website for
>>Agent whether it supports 1.2 or not. Does anybody know?
>>
>>If it doesn't, any recommendations of email clients that /do/ support
>>TLS 1.2?
>>
>>Thanks
>Ralph the expert on Agent hangs out where you would expect.
>alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

Thanks for both responses.

This wasn't the intended newsgroup.

My bad.