"I don't think so," said Ren'e Descartes. Just then, he vanished.

arts / rec.arts.sf.tv / Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not Liking It

SubjectAuthor
* "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not LikingUbiquitous
+* Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not LiBTR1701
|+* Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not LiNinapenda Jibini
||`* Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not LiUbiquitous
|| `- Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not LiJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|`- Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not LiUbiquitous
`- Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers AreRoger Blake

1
"The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not Liking It

<tfao4v$9oaf$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2618&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2618

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.tv.the-view,alt.non.racism
Subject: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not Liking It
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 14:33:03 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 18:33 UTC

The women of "The View" believe that people who don't like the new Amazon
series "Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power" and the "Game of Thrones" spinoff
"House of the Dragon" are just racists.

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg took the lead in calling out detractors, claiming
critics had a problem with black actors in the casts. She reminded them that
the fantasy shows are fiction and reiterated that both "are not real" and
"there are no dragons, there are no hobbits."

"Are you telling me black people can't be fake people, too?" Goldberg said.
"I don't know if there's, like, a hobbit club, I don't know if there are
gonna be protests. But people: What is wrong with y'all?"

CRITICS SLAM CASTING IN 'LORD OF THE RINGS,' 'HOUSE OF THE DRAGON':
#TheView co-hosts react to criticism of the #TheRingsOfPower and
#HouseoftheDragon series casting diverse characters.
https://t.co/cVclFZQmjA pic.twitter.com/4XrGBJQspt

-- The View (@TheView) September 6, 2022

"What I think is fascinating is like, dragons are OK, fire-breathing dragons,
and people with white hair that are born like that when they're little, and
violet eyes, but the black people in it is just a bridge too far for these
folks," panelist Sunny Hostin chimed in.

"The View" newbie Alyssa Farah Griff said anyone leaving negative comments
should "get a hobby."

"It's just racist. Call it what it is," Joy Behar said.

Goldberg predicted that viewers would be equally opposed to the upcoming
live-action remake of Disney's "The Little Mermaid" because that movie has a
black lead. As for "Rings of Power" reviewers, she says they should focus
their attention on something else.

"All of y'all who have problems because there are black hobbits? Get a job!"
she said. "Get a job! Go find yourself, because you are focused on the wrong
stuff."

However, evidence suggests that most of the negative reviews of "Rings of
Power" have little to do with adding diversity to the cast. The backlash got
so intense that Amazon suspended user reviews for the first 72 hours,
claiming critics were "review bombing" the series.

Many negative comments mention clunky dialogue, a lack of depth, and bad
acting, but don't take issue with the skin color of any actors. Even the
detractors give credit for beautiful sets and scenery. However, they're
saying the storytelling leaves a lot to be desired.

"The writing is terrible, it is unfathomably dull and nearly unwatchable
altogether. Rocks look down? Ridiculous. Lazy. I had a hard time staying
awake and will likely give the rest of it a pass," one Rotten Tomatoes
reviewer wrote. "It's just not connective or interesting or even related to
the LotR except in some ham handed attempt to be 'like' it."

"How can so much money end up in such a disastrous production? The only
achievement here is the set. Everything else, costumes, acting, dialogues,
script is horrendous. It turns out that money alone cannot buy talent; it
cannot even buy quality, apparently," another person shared.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not Liking It

<atropos-87B79C.13261207092022@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2619&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2619

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.tv.the-view,alt.non.racism
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 13:26:12 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 20:26 UTC

In article <tfao4v$9oaf$7@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> The women of THE VIEW believe that people who don't like the new Amazon
> series LORD OF THE RINGS: RINGS OF POWER and the GAME OF THRONES spinoff
> HOUSE OF THE DRAGON are just racists.
>
> Co-host Whoopi Goldberg took the lead in calling out detractors, claiming
> critics had a problem with black actors in the casts. She reminded them that
> the fantasy shows are fiction and reiterated that both "are not real" and
> "there are no dragons, there are no hobbits."
>
> "Are you telling me black people can't be fake people, too?" Goldberg said.
> "I don't know if there's, like, a hobbit club, I don't know if there are
> gonna be protests. But people: What is wrong with y'all?"

> Goldberg predicted that viewers would be equally opposed to the upcoming
> live-action remake of Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID because that movie has a
> black lead.

No, people are opposed to these things because they get the sense that
the only reason the movie is being remade is to put black people in
roles that were originally played by whites.

They don't spend their time making *new* movies with black leads; they
remake old movies and race-change all the roles.

> As for RINGS OF POWER reviewers, she says they should focus their attention
> on something else.
>
> "All of y'all who have problems because there are black hobbits? Get a job!"
> she said. "Get a job! Go find yourself, because you are focused on the wrong
> stuff."
>
> However, evidence suggests that most of the negative reviews of RINGS OF
> POWER have little to do with adding diversity to the cast. The backlash got
> so intense that Amazon suspended user reviews for the first 72 hours,
> claiming critics were "review bombing" the series.
>
> Many negative comments mention clunky dialogue, a lack of depth, and bad
> acting, but don't take issue with the skin color of any actors. Even the
> detractors give credit for beautiful sets and scenery. However, they're
> saying the storytelling leaves a lot to be desired.

Another reason I suspect they like to race-change roles and put blacks
into storylines like this is insurance against their expensive show
flopping. If it does, they can just write it off to "racist audiences"
in the face of their own bravery in casting minorities, even when those
audiences don't mention racial issues at all in their reviews:

REVIEWER: God, the acting was horrible, the dialogue lame, and the plot
predictable.

STUDIO: See? Racism!

Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not Liking It

<XnsAF0BC57E26FD2taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2620&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2620

Followup: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.tv.the-view,alt.non.racism
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Ninapenda Jibini)
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 02:24:53 GMT
 by: Ninapenda Jibini - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 02:24 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote in

> In article <tfao4v$9oaf$7@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> The women of THE VIEW believe that people who don't like the
>> new Amazon series LORD OF THE RINGS: RINGS OF POWER and the
>> GAME OF THRONES spinoff HOUSE OF THE DRAGON are just racists.
>>
>> Co-host Whoopi Goldberg took the lead in calling out
>> detractors, claiming critics had a problem with black actors in
>> the casts. She reminded them that the fantasy shows are fiction
>> and reiterated that both "are not real" and "there are no
>> dragons, there are no hobbits."
>>
>> "Are you telling me black people can't be fake people, too?"
>> Goldberg said. "I don't know if there's, like, a hobbit club, I
>> don't know if there are gonna be protests. But people: What is
>> wrong with y'all?"
>
>> Goldberg predicted that viewers would be equally opposed to the
>> upcoming live-action remake of Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID
>> because that movie has a black lead.
>
> No, people are opposed to these things because they get the
> sense that the only reason the movie is being remade is to put
> black people in roles that were originally played by whites.
>
> They don't spend their time making *new* movies with black
> leads; they remake old movies and race-change all the roles.

Which is, itself, intesenely racist, since it is based on the
deeply held belief that non-white actors playing non-white
characters can't succeed.

>> As for RINGS OF POWER reviewers, she says they should focus
>> their attention on something else.
>>
>> "All of y'all who have problems because there are black
>> hobbits? Get a job!" she said. "Get a job! Go find yourself,
>> because you are focused on the wrong stuff."
>>
>> However, evidence suggests that most of the negative reviews of
>> RINGS OF POWER have little to do with adding diversity to the
>> cast. The backlash got so intense that Amazon suspended user
>> reviews for the first 72 hours, claiming critics were "review
>> bombing" the series.
>>
>> Many negative comments mention clunky dialogue, a lack of
>> depth, and bad acting, but don't take issue with the skin color
>> of any actors. Even the detractors give credit for beautiful
>> sets and scenery. However, they're saying the storytelling
>> leaves a lot to be desired.
>
> Another reason I suspect they like to race-change roles and put
> blacks into storylines like this is insurance against their
> expensive show flopping. If it does, they can just write it off
> to "racist audiences" in the face of their own bravery in
> casting minorities, even when those audiences don't mention
> racial issues at all in their reviews:
>
> REVIEWER: God, the acting was horrible, the dialogue lame, and
> the plot predictable.
>
> STUDIO: See? Racism!

People tend to see in others what they see in themselves. Lefties
see racists *everywhere*.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not Liking It

<tfcdb8$mh8c$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2621&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2621

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 04:30:44 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 08:30 UTC

It's called "projection".

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not Liking It

<tfcubl$o70s$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2622&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2622

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.tv.the-view,alt.non.racism
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 10:31:17 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:31 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> The women of THE VIEW believe that people who don't like the new Amazon
>> series LORD OF THE RINGS: RINGS OF POWER and the GAME OF THRONES spinoff
>> HOUSE OF THE DRAGON are just racists.
>>
>> Co-host Whoopi Goldberg took the lead in calling out detractors, claiming
>> critics had a problem with black actors in the casts. She reminded them
>> that the fantasy shows are fiction and reiterated that both "are not real"
>> and "there are no dragons, there are no hobbits."
>>
>> "Are you telling me black people can't be fake people, too?" Goldberg
>> said. "I don't know if there's, like, a hobbit club, I don't know if there
>> are gonna be protests. But people: What is wrong with y'all?"
>>
>> Goldberg predicted that viewers would be equally opposed to the upcoming
>> live-action remake of Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID because that movie has a
>> black lead.
>
>No, people are opposed to these things because they get the sense that
>the only reason the movie is being remade is to put black people in
>roles that were originally played by whites.
>
>They don't spend their time making *new* movies with black leads; they
>remake old movies and race-change all the roles.

If we're lucky, that all they change.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not Liking It

<XnsAF0C929946373taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2623&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2623

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 14:24:40 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 21:24 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in

Is that a boner joke?

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are "Racist" For Not Liking It

<20220910012649@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2630&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2630

From: rogbl...@iname.invalid (Roger Blake)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.tv.the-view,alt.non.racism
Subject: Re: "The View" Hosts Also Think "Rings Of Power" Viewers Are
"Racist" For Not Liking It
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 01:40:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Roger Blake - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 01:40 UTC

On 2022-09-07, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> The women of "The View" believe that people who don't like the new Amazon
> series "Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power" and the "Game of Thrones" spinoff
> "House of the Dragon" are just racists.

Yeah, it's perfectly natural that in a medieval-type society where
bloodlines are of utmost importance, Negroes will be welcome to marry
into noble families and produce mulatto children who will at least be
seriously considered to marry the King in order to produce a mulatto
male heir. History tells us that's the way such societies worked, right?

> Co-host Whoopi Goldberg took the lead in calling out detractors, claiming
> critics had a problem with black actors in the casts.

Who cares what that decidedly NOT charming Negress thinks? I certainly
do not.

In point of fact I stand firmly opposed to diversity, inclusion, and
social justice. Inserting gratuitious Negroes in situations where they
would not normally be found just for the sake of showing them is
ludicrous. These damned diversity laws have to go.

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
There is no "climate crisis" -- https://climatedepot.com