If you refuse to accept anything but the best you very often get it.

arts / rec.music.beatles / Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)

SubjectAuthor
* Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)Norbert K
+- Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)Norbert K
`* Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)Pamela Brown
 +* Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)Emma Smulders
 |`- Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)Norbert K
 `- Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)Norbert K

1
Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)

<d3ab2e61-17ff-4924-af72-36ddfcc2a421n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2635&group=rec.music.beatles#2635

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 04:53:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 12:53 UTC

Carman Moore is a composer and writer who interviewed Yoko Ono for the Village Voice in 1973. A frustrated-sounding Moore reported on the meeting as follows:

"We kept drifting off my pre-arranged questions into mysticism and other worlds."

According to Yoko, "There was a time when so many bad wishes and bad vibrations were being sent our way that we had no desire to go out. Now that we know those people are more than balanced by people who love us and what we're doing, we could but don't."

"And there," wrote Moore, "we were talking mysticism again. About how Janov's hard-line anti-mystical six-month session turned her off to primal therapy. About how her pre-Lennon search for a music that would vibrate whole communities harmoniously led to the Beatles. About how a search for world understanding musy lead away from Webern's unorganic sounds must lead to the heartbeat music of rock & roll."

Moore admitted to being left with a sense that he knew "absolutely nothing" about Ono; "she is eljusive," he concluded, "as eel's skin dipped in hot seal fat."

Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)

<2965d3d0-4537-4422-9044-92f71da37ef4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2637&group=rec.music.beatles#2637

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 04:57:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 12:57 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 7:53:57 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> Carman Moore is a composer and writer who interviewed Yoko Ono for the Village Voice in 1973. A frustrated-sounding Moore reported on the meeting as follows:
>
> "We kept drifting off my pre-arranged questions into mysticism and other worlds."
>
> According to Yoko, "There was a time when so many bad wishes and bad vibrations were being sent our way that we had no desire to go out. Now that we know those people are more than balanced by people who love us and what we're doing, we could but don't."
>
> "And there," wrote Moore, "we were talking mysticism again. About how Janov's hard-line anti-mystical six-month session turned her off to primal therapy. About how her pre-Lennon search for a music that would vibrate whole communities harmoniously led to the Beatles. About how a search for world understanding musy lead away from Webern's unorganic sounds must lead to the heartbeat music of rock & roll."
>
> Moore admitted to being left with a sense that he knew "absolutely nothing" about Ono; "she is eljusive," he concluded, "as eel's skin dipped in hot seal fat."

Moore is still around:

https://www.carmanmoore.com

Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)

<44264b8f-3e2f-4aea-8177-e9d3613a2807n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2640&group=rec.music.beatles#2640

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 05:22:24 -0800 (PST)
From: pamelaj...@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:22 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:53:57 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> Carman Moore is a composer and writer who interviewed Yoko Ono for the Village Voice in 1973. A frustrated-sounding Moore reported on the meeting as follows:
>
> "We kept drifting off my pre-arranged questions into mysticism and other worlds."
>
> According to Yoko, "There was a time when so many bad wishes and bad vibrations were being sent our way that we had no desire to go out. Now that we know those people are more than balanced by people who love us and what we're doing, we could but don't."
>
> "And there," wrote Moore, "we were talking mysticism again. About how Janov's hard-line anti-mystical six-month session turned her off to primal therapy. About how her pre-Lennon search for a music that would vibrate whole communities harmoniously led to the Beatles. About how a search for world understanding musy lead away from Webern's unorganic sounds must lead to the heartbeat music of rock & roll."
>
> Moore admitted to being left with a sense that he knew "absolutely nothing" about Ono; "she is eljusive," he concluded, "as eel's skin dipped in hot seal fat."
Fascinating...in other words, a phony?

Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)

<1e524607-54d8-4c69-b2c3-4e4a19adafddn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2642&group=rec.music.beatles#2642

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 05:39:26 -0800 (PST)
From: emma.smu...@gmail.com (Emma Smulders)
 by: Emma Smulders - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:39 UTC

Op maandag 10 januari 2022 om 14:22:28 UTC+1 schreef pamel...@gmail.com:
> On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:53:57 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> > Carman Moore is a composer and writer who interviewed Yoko Ono for the Village Voice in 1973. A frustrated-sounding Moore reported on the meeting as follows:
> >
> > "We kept drifting off my pre-arranged questions into mysticism and other worlds."
> >
> > According to Yoko, "There was a time when so many bad wishes and bad vibrations were being sent our way that we had no desire to go out. Now that we know those people are more than balanced by people who love us and what we're doing, we could but don't."
> >
> > "And there," wrote Moore, "we were talking mysticism again. About how Janov's hard-line anti-mystical six-month session turned her off to primal therapy. About how her pre-Lennon search for a music that would vibrate whole communities harmoniously led to the Beatles. About how a search for world understanding musy lead away from Webern's unorganic sounds must lead to the heartbeat music of rock & roll."
> >
> > Moore admitted to being left with a sense that he knew "absolutely nothing" about Ono; "she is eljusive," he concluded, "as eel's skin dipped in hot seal fat."
> Fascinating...in other words, a phony?

Was this before or after the lost weekend had begun? And did he ever meet John as well?

Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)

<3b4a54b8-35b0-4fd7-832e-bc2344a34936n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2644&group=rec.music.beatles#2644

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:00:45 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:00 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 8:39:28 AM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> Op maandag 10 januari 2022 om 14:22:28 UTC+1 schreef pamel...@gmail.com:
> > On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:53:57 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> > > Carman Moore is a composer and writer who interviewed Yoko Ono for the Village Voice in 1973. A frustrated-sounding Moore reported on the meeting as follows:
> > >
> > > "We kept drifting off my pre-arranged questions into mysticism and other worlds."
> > >
> > > According to Yoko, "There was a time when so many bad wishes and bad vibrations were being sent our way that we had no desire to go out. Now that we know those people are more than balanced by people who love us and what we're doing, we could but don't."
> > >
> > > "And there," wrote Moore, "we were talking mysticism again. About how Janov's hard-line anti-mystical six-month session turned her off to primal therapy. About how her pre-Lennon search for a music that would vibrate whole communities harmoniously led to the Beatles. About how a search for world understanding musy lead away from Webern's unorganic sounds must lead to the heartbeat music of rock & roll."
> > >
> > > Moore admitted to being left with a sense that he knew "absolutely nothing" about Ono; "she is eljusive," he concluded, "as eel's skin dipped in hot seal fat."
> > Fascinating...in other words, a phony?
> Was this before or after the lost weekend had begun? And did he ever meet John as well?

Moore's piece on Yoko appeared in the Village Voice on February 1 of 1973, so this was several months before John and May left for Los Angeles.

Yoko may have become attracted to David Spinozza at the time of the Moore interview, however.

I don't know that Moore ever met John.

Re: Carman Moore On Meeting Yoko (1973)

<7c92f43d-d315-4302-a7fd-537beba75dfen@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2645&group=rec.music.beatles#2645

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:05:17 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:05 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 8:22:28 AM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:53:57 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> > Carman Moore is a composer and writer who interviewed Yoko Ono for the Village Voice in 1973. A frustrated-sounding Moore reported on the meeting as follows:
> >
> > "We kept drifting off my pre-arranged questions into mysticism and other worlds."
> >
> > According to Yoko, "There was a time when so many bad wishes and bad vibrations were being sent our way that we had no desire to go out. Now that we know those people are more than balanced by people who love us and what we're doing, we could but don't."
> >
> > "And there," wrote Moore, "we were talking mysticism again. About how Janov's hard-line anti-mystical six-month session turned her off to primal therapy. About how her pre-Lennon search for a music that would vibrate whole communities harmoniously led to the Beatles. About how a search for world understanding musy lead away from Webern's unorganic sounds must lead to the heartbeat music of rock & roll."
> >
> > Moore admitted to being left with a sense that he knew "absolutely nothing" about Ono; "she is eljusive," he concluded, "as eel's skin dipped in hot seal fat."
> Fascinating...in other words, a phony?

Yes, that's my interpretation. Yoko was laying a bunch of jive on Moore.

Yoko loved to name-drop Webern. I will bet anything that she is merely copying her former husband (classical composer for REAL) Toshi Ichiyanagi in this regard. He is the one who knew about Webern. Yoko drops Webern's name in pretense of appearing educated in classical composition.