Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 04:26:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cyntha Lennon On Release of Photograph Smile
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 12:26 UTC

On May 15 of 1998, Julian released Photograph Smile, his first album for several years. He had put a great deal of thought, energy and creativity into it and was justifiably proud of it, calling it his first real album. So he was devastated when he discovered that Sean, now a musician too, had released an album on the same day. He never blamed Sean for this, but he knew it couldn't be a coincidence that he and his brother had been pitted against each other so blatantly.

To add to Julian's hurt and anger, Sean chose to announce then that he thought John's death was part of a conspiracy. After this controversial declaration, all the press wanted to talk to Julian about was Sean's statement and what he thought of it.

-- from Cynthia Lennon's book John

Re: Cyntha Lennon On Release of Photograph Smile

<0aa3ba56-d7d6-49a8-86bd-92742199cfd2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2659&group=rec.music.beatles#2659

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 18:50:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Cyntha Lennon On Release of Photograph Smile
From: pamelaj...@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 02:50 UTC

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 6:26:38 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> On May 15 of 1998, Julian released Photograph Smile, his first album for several years. He had put a great deal of thought, energy and creativity into it and was justifiably proud of it, calling it his first real album. So he was devastated when he discovered that Sean, now a musician too, had released an album on the same day. He never blamed Sean for this, but he knew it couldn't be a coincidence that he and his brother had been pitted against each other so blatantly.
>
> To add to Julian's hurt and anger, Sean chose to announce then that he thought John's death was part of a conspiracy. After this controversial declaration, all the press wanted to talk to Julian about was Sean's statement and what he thought of it.
>
> -- from Cynthia Lennon's book John
Julian was totally sandbagged. I think Yoko may have had something to do with it
I am reading in Seaman that Yoko did everything possible to not allow Julian to have any of John's belongings or money...

Re: Cyntha Lennon On Release of Photograph Smile

<38a13238-c4ea-4657-9a67-fe54eafe45a2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2660&group=rec.music.beatles#2660

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 03:19:49 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:19 UTC

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 9:50:34 PM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 6:26:38 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> > On May 15 of 1998, Julian released Photograph Smile, his first album for several years. He had put a great deal of thought, energy and creativity into it and was justifiably proud of it, calling it his first real album. So he was devastated when he discovered that Sean, now a musician too, had released an album on the same day. He never blamed Sean for this, but he knew it couldn't be a coincidence that he and his brother had been pitted against each other so blatantly.
> >
> > To add to Julian's hurt and anger, Sean chose to announce then that he thought John's death was part of a conspiracy. After this controversial declaration, all the press wanted to talk to Julian about was Sean's statement and what he thought of it.
> >
> > -- from Cynthia Lennon's book John
> Julian was totally sandbagged. I think Yoko may have had something to do with it
> I am reading in Seaman that Yoko did everything possible to not allow Julian to have any of John's belongings or money...

Cynthia Lennon says that Julian eventually acquired some of John's former belongings -- by purchasing them at auctions! It's weird as hell.