From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.books.tolkien, alt.fan.tolkien, rec.arts.sf.written, alt.feminism, soc.women
Subject: Re: Feminism in LORD OF THE RINGS
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 01:16:34 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 03:46 UTC

On Aug 16, 2023, BTR1701 wrote on rec.arts.tv
(in article<C06dnSEWVKsDHkD5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>):

> A compilation of every scene in LORD OF THE RINGS where two female characters
> interact.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zgnXvXqS0fI
>
> Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

I have added some groups where this might be of interest.

"This could be the final breath; This is life and death;
This is hard rock and water; Out here between wind and flame;
Between tears and elation; Lies a secret nation" (Ron Hynes)

Re: Feminism in LORD OF THE RINGS

<0001HW.2A8F275300035DF670000185538F@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=269&group=rec.arts.books.tolkien#269

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.books.tolkien, alt.fan.tolkien, rec.arts.sf.written, alt.feminism, soc.women
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 01:43:07 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 04:13 UTC

On Aug 18, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2A8F211A0001E8BB70000185538F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Aug 16, 2023, BTR1701 wrote on rec.arts.tv
> (in article<C06dnSEWVKsDHkD5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>):
>
> > A compilation of every scene in LORD OF THE RINGS where two female
> > characters
> > interact.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zgnXvXqS0fI
> >
> > Bwah-ha-ha-ha!
>
> I have added some groups where this might be of interest.

Out of curiosity I had a look at recent pictures of Liv Tyler,
and from my recently returned matchmaking ability
she and her partner Dave Gardner are a platonic
friendship lesbian--gay duo which was also true for her
and her former spouse Royston Langdon.

She would do better teaming up with a bif and a
straight-type-2-M.

I’m still plugging away on alt.religion.druid .

"This could be the final breath; This is life and death;
This is hard rock and water; Out here between wind and flame;
Between tears and elation; Lies a secret nation" (Ron Hynes)

Re: Feminism in LORD OF THE RINGS

<0001HW.2A8F32240005A31970000185538F@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=270&group=rec.arts.books.tolkien#270

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.books.tolkien, alt.fan.tolkien, rec.arts.sf.written, alt.feminism, soc.women
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 02:29:16 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 04:59 UTC

On Aug 18, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2A8F275300035DF670000185538F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Aug 18, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2A8F211A0001E8BB70000185538F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
> > On Aug 16, 2023, BTR1701 wrote on rec.arts.tv
> > (in article<C06dnSEWVKsDHkD5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>):
> >
> > > A compilation of every scene in LORD OF THE RINGS where two female
> > > characters
> > > interact.
> > >
> > > https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zgnXvXqS0fI
> > >
> > > Bwah-ha-ha-ha!
> >
> > I have added some groups where this might be of interest.
>
> Out of curiosity I had a look at recent pictures of Liv Tyler,
> and from my recently returned matchmaking ability
> she and her partner Dave Gardner are a platonic
> friendship lesbian--gay duo which was also true for her
> and her former spouse Royston Langdon.

The same is true of Kate Hudson and Danny Fujikawa.

I don’t know if they are fence jumpers. :-)