Cheap things are of no value, valuable things are not cheap.

arts / rec.arts.sf.tv / "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

SubjectAuthor
* "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are RacistUbiquitous
+* Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fansanim8rfsk
|`- Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are RacisJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
+* Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are RacisBTR1701
|+* Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are RacisJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
||`* Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are RacisBTR1701
|| +- Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are RacisJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|| `* Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racistrotsky
||  `- Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are RacisJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|`- Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fansanim8rfsk
`- Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are RacisIdlehands

1
"Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<th1d2b$biim$15@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2688&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2688

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
Subject: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 08:01:14 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:01 UTC

"Stranger Things" star Caleb McLaughin told an group over the weekend that
some fans of the show are racist because they wouldn't take pictures with him
during the first season.

In a video that surfaced on Twitter Sunday, the 20-year-old actor said at the
Heroes Comic Con Belgium that he dealt with racism early in his career after
being the only "black kid" on the series.

"It definitely took a toll on me as a younger kid," McLaughlin, who plays the
popular character Lucas Sinclair on the hit Netflix show, shared in the clip.
"My very first Comic Con, some people didn't stand in my line because I was
black."

"Some people told me, like, 'Oh, I didn't wanna be in line because you were
mean to Eleven,'" he added, noting Millie Bobby Brown's character on the
series. "Even now, some people don't follow me or don't support me because
I'm black."

He also shared that, "sometimes overseas you'll feel the racism ... the
bigotry."

"Sometimes it's hard to talk about and for people to understand, but when I
was younger it definitely affected me a lot," McLaughlin told the group.

WATCH:

here's caleb talking about how he had to deal with racism just
because he was "the black kid who was mean to eleven in season 1"
and felt like it was important to share his thoughts on that ??
#StrangerThings #TUDUM #CalebMcLaughlin @HComicConBE
pic.twitter.com/JZoXS9aaBW

-- L ? met timoth�e (@spideychaIamet) September 25, 2022

Looking on Caleb's Instagram account, it appears he has 15.4 million
followers, with another 1.5 million on Twitter. In comparison, some of his
fellow costars like Brown have 58.5 million followers on Instagram, Finn
Wolfhard has 26.3, while Gaten Matarazzo has 18.7 on the social media
platform.

McLaughlin said both he and his parents have attributed his follower account
in the past to him being "the black child on the show."

"Why [do I have] the least amount of followers?" Caleb said he would think
when he was younger. "I'm on the same show as everybody from Season 1. My
parents had to be like, 'it's the sad truth, but it's because you're the
black child on the show.'"

"Wow, that was crazy," he added. "Because I was born with this beautiful
chocolate skin, I'm not loved. But that's why with my platform I want to
spread positivity and love because I do not give hate back to people who give
hate to me."

For fans of the show, Lucas has been a beloved character from the very start
where his character has grown and become more popular every year.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<1872446259.686059744.349164.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2689&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2689

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
Subject: Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans
Of The Show Are Racist
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 05:40:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:40 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> "Stranger Things" star Caleb McLaughin told an group over the weekend that
> some fans of the show are racist because they wouldn't take pictures with him
> during the first season.

Or maybe they just don’t like you because you’re an obnoxious ignorant
jackass.

> In a video that surfaced on Twitter Sunday, the 20-year-old actor said at the
> Heroes Comic Con Belgium that he dealt with racism early in his career after
> being the only "black kid" on the series.
>
> "It definitely took a toll on me as a younger kid," McLaughlin, who plays the
> popular character Lucas Sinclair on the hit Netflix show, shared in the clip.
> "My very first Comic Con, some people didn't stand in my line because I was
> black."

Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.

> "Some people told me, like, 'Oh, I didn't wanna be in line because you were
> mean to Eleven,'" he added, noting Millie Bobby Brown's character on the
> series. "Even now, some people don't follow me or don't support me because
> I'm black."

Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.

> He also shared that, "sometimes overseas you'll feel the racism ... the
> bigotry."
>
> "Sometimes it's hard to talk about and for people to understand, but when I
> was younger it definitely affected me a lot," McLaughlin told the group.
>
> WATCH:
>
> here's caleb talking about how he had to deal with racism just
> because he was "the black kid who was mean to eleven in season 1"

Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.

> and felt like it was important to share his thoughts on

You misspelled paranoid delusions

that ??
> #StrangerThings #TUDUM #CalebMcLaughlin @HComicConBE
> pic.twitter.com/JZoXS9aaBW
>
> -- L ? met timothée (@spideychaIamet) September 25, 2022
>
> Looking on Caleb's Instagram account, it appears he has 15.4 million
> followers, with another 1.5 million on Twitter. In comparison, some of his
> fellow costars like Brown have 58.5 million followers on Instagram, Finn
> Wolfhard has 26.3, while Gaten Matarazzo has 18.7 on the social media
> platform.
>
> McLaughlin said both he and his parents have attributed his follower account
> in the past to him being "the black child on the show."

So he inherited being a noxious ignorant jackass from his obnoxious
ignorant jackass parents.

> "Why [do I have] the least amount of followers?" Caleb said he would think
> when he was younger. "I'm on the same show as everybody from Season 1. My
> parents had to be like, 'it's the sad truth, but it's because you're the
> black child on the show.'"

Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.

> "Wow, that was crazy," he added. "Because I was born with this beautiful
> chocolate skin, I'm not loved.

Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.

But that's why with my platform I want to
> spread positivity and love because I do not give hate back to people who give
> hate to me."
>
> For fans of the show, Lucas has been a beloved character from the very start
> where his character has grown and become more popular every year.
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<XnsAF206A9AAE57taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2690&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2690

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 10:28:46 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:28 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote in
m:

> Or maybe they just don’t like you because you’re an
> obnoxious ignorant jackass.
>
> Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.
>
> Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.
>
> Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.
>
> So he inherited being a noxious ignorant jackass from his
> obnoxious ignorant jackass parents.
>
> Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.
>
> Or maybe because you’re an obnoxious ignorant jackass.

"We're not saying anything new here. We're just saying the same
things that need to be said again and again with fierce conviction."

But you left out "racist," because he's clearly at least a racist as
those he hates. And probably more so.

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<atropos-697B59.11063128092022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2691&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2691

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:07:06 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 18:07 UTC

In article <th1d2b$biim$15@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> STRANGER THINGS star Caleb McLaughin told an group over the weekend that
> some fans of the show are racist because they wouldn't take pictures with him
> during the first season.
>
> In a video that surfaced on Twitter Sunday, the 20-year-old actor said at the
> Heroes Comic Con Belgium that he dealt with racism early in his career after
> being the only "black kid" on the series.
>
> "It definitely took a toll on me as a younger kid," McLaughlin, who plays the
> popular character Lucas Sinclair on the hit Netflix show, shared in the clip.
> "My very first Comic Con, some people didn't stand in my line because I was
> black."
>
> "Some people told me, like, 'Oh, I didn't wanna be in line because you were
> mean to Eleven,'" he added, noting Millie Bobby Brown's character on the
> series. "Even now, some people don't follow me or don't support me because
> I'm black."

So people literally told him the reason they didn't want his autograph
is because his character was mean to Eleven and he somehow turned that
into racism?

> Looking on Caleb's Instagram account, it appears he has 15.4 million
> followers, with another 1.5 million on Twitter. In comparison, some of his
> fellow costars like Brown have 58.5 million followers on Instagram, Finn
> Wolfhard has 26.3, while Gaten Matarazzo has 18.7 on the social media
> platform.
>
> McLaughlin said both he and his parents have attributed his follower account
> in the past to him being "the black child on the show."

Or, you know, it could be because he's in a supporting role and those
others are leading roles... but sure, let's go with racism. When in
doubt, it's racist. That's the standard these days, right?

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<XnsAF2074BBBEBA6taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2692&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2692

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:28:31 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 18:28 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote in

> In article <th1d2b$biim$15@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> STRANGER THINGS star Caleb McLaughin told an group over the
>> weekend that some fans of the show are racist because they
>> wouldn't take pictures with him during the first season.
>>
>> In a video that surfaced on Twitter Sunday, the 20-year-old
>> actor said at the Heroes Comic Con Belgium that he dealt with
>> racism early in his career after being the only "black kid" on
>> the series.
>>
>> "It definitely took a toll on me as a younger kid," McLaughlin,
>> who plays the popular character Lucas Sinclair on the hit
>> Netflix show, shared in the clip. "My very first Comic Con,
>> some people didn't stand in my line because I was black."
>>
>> "Some people told me, like, 'Oh, I didn't wanna be in line
>> because you were mean to Eleven,'" he added, noting Millie
>> Bobby Brown's character on the series. "Even now, some people
>> don't follow me or don't support me because I'm black."
>
> So people literally told him the reason they didn't want his
> autograph is because his character was mean to Eleven and he
> somehow turned that into racism?

Welcome to leftiest ideology.

>> Looking on Caleb's Instagram account, it appears he has 15.4
>> million followers, with another 1.5 million on Twitter. In
>> comparison, some of his fellow costars like Brown have 58.5
>> million followers on Instagram, Finn Wolfhard has 26.3, while
>> Gaten Matarazzo has 18.7 on the social media platform.
>>
>> McLaughlin said both he and his parents have attributed his
>> follower account in the past to him being "the black child on
>> the show."
>
> Or, you know, it could be because he's in a supporting role and
> those others are leading roles... but sure, let's go with
> racism. When in doubt, it's racist. That's the standard these
> days, right?

The definition of "racist" these days is "someone a lefty doesn't
like, so you should be put in a reeducation camp and tortured until
you're not white any more."

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<863292462.686085371.097576.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2694&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2694

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
Of The Show Are Racist
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 13:22:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 20:22 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <th1d2b$biim$15@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> STRANGER THINGS star Caleb McLaughin told an group over the weekend that
>> some fans of the show are racist because they wouldn't take pictures with him
>> during the first season.
>>
>> In a video that surfaced on Twitter Sunday, the 20-year-old actor said at the
>> Heroes Comic Con Belgium that he dealt with racism early in his career after
>> being the only "black kid" on the series.
>>
>> "It definitely took a toll on me as a younger kid," McLaughlin, who plays the
>> popular character Lucas Sinclair on the hit Netflix show, shared in the clip.
>> "My very first Comic Con, some people didn't stand in my line because I was
>> black."
>>
>> "Some people told me, like, 'Oh, I didn't wanna be in line because you were
>> mean to Eleven,'" he added, noting Millie Bobby Brown's character on the
>> series. "Even now, some people don't follow me or don't support me because
>> I'm black."
>
> So people literally told him the reason they didn't want his autograph
> is because his character was mean to Eleven and he somehow turned that
> into racism?
>
>> Looking on Caleb's Instagram account, it appears he has 15.4 million
>> followers, with another 1.5 million on Twitter. In comparison, some of his
>> fellow costars like Brown have 58.5 million followers on Instagram, Finn
>> Wolfhard has 26.3, while Gaten Matarazzo has 18.7 on the social media
>> platform.
>>
>> McLaughlin said both he and his parents have attributed his follower account
>> in the past to him being "the black child on the show."
>
> Or, you know, it could be because he's in a supporting role and those
> others are leading roles... but sure, let's go with racism. When in
> doubt, it's racist. That's the standard these days, right?

This jackass annoyed me enough that I just took Stranger Things off my
watchlist.

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<atropos-B0DE51.13405628092022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2695&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2695

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 13:41:31 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 20:41 UTC

In article <XnsAF2074BBBEBA6taustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote in
>
> > In article <th1d2b$biim$15@dont-email.me>,
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> >> STRANGER THINGS star Caleb McLaughin told an group over the
> >> weekend that some fans of the show are racist because they
> >> wouldn't take pictures with him during the first season.
> >>
> >> In a video that surfaced on Twitter Sunday, the 20-year-old
> >> actor said at the Heroes Comic Con Belgium that he dealt with
> >> racism early in his career after being the only "black kid" on
> >> the series.
> >>
> >> "It definitely took a toll on me as a younger kid," McLaughlin,
> >> who plays the popular character Lucas Sinclair on the hit
> >> Netflix show, shared in the clip. "My very first Comic Con,
> >> some people didn't stand in my line because I was black."
> >>
> >> "Some people told me, like, 'Oh, I didn't wanna be in line
> >> because you were mean to Eleven,'" he added, noting Millie
> >> Bobby Brown's character on the series. "Even now, some people
> >> don't follow me or don't support me because I'm black."
> >
> > So people literally told him the reason they didn't want his
> > autograph is because his character was mean to Eleven and he
> > somehow turned that into racism?
>
> Welcome to leftiest ideology.
> >
> >> Looking on Caleb's Instagram account, it appears he has 15.4
> >> million followers, with another 1.5 million on Twitter. In
> >> comparison, some of his fellow costars like Brown have 58.5
> >> million followers on Instagram, Finn Wolfhard has 26.3, while
> >> Gaten Matarazzo has 18.7 on the social media platform.
> >>
> >> McLaughlin said both he and his parents have attributed his
> >> follower account in the past to him being "the black child on
> >> the show."
> >
> > Or, you know, it could be because he's in a supporting role and
> > those others are leading roles... but sure, let's go with
> > racism. When in doubt, it's racist. That's the standard these
> > days, right?
> >
> The definition of "racist" these days is "someone a lefty doesn't
> like, so you should be put in a reeducation camp and tortured until
> you're not white any more."

Heh. Yep.

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<XnsAF20A59436E35taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2696&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2696

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:16:37 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 23:16 UTC

> In article <XnsAF2074BBBEBA6taustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote in

>> > So people literally told him the reason they didn't want his
>> > autograph is because his character was mean to Eleven and he
>> > somehow turned that into racism?
>>
>> Welcome to leftiest ideology.

>> > Or, you know, it could be because he's in a supporting role
>> > and those others are leading roles... but sure, let's go with
>> > racism. When in doubt, it's racist. That's the standard these
>> > days, right?
>> >
>> The definition of "racist" these days is "someone a lefty
>> doesn't like, so you should be put in a reeducation camp and
>> tortured until you're not white any more."
>
> Heh. Yep.

And "black and blue" doesn't count as "not white."

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<tH2dvj$14kf$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2697&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2697

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:22:50 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 21:22 UTC

On 9/28/2022 3:41 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <XnsAF2074BBBEBA6taustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote in

>>> So people literally told him the reason they didn't want his
>>> autograph is because his character was mean to Eleven and he
>>> somehow turned that into racism?
>>
>> Welcome to leftiest ideology.

>>> Or, you know, it could be because he's in a supporting role and
>>> those others are leading roles... but sure, let's go with
>>> racism. When in doubt, it's racist. That's the standard these
>>> days, right?
>>>
>> The definition of "racist" these days is "someone a lefty doesn't
>> like, so you should be put in a reeducation camp and tortured until
>> you're not white any more."
>
> Heh. Yep.

So per the troll's tortured logic it's only possible for a "lefty" to
not like white people? How the fuck does that work?

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<XnsAF215B2D43050taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2698&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2698

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 08:57:46 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 15:57 UTC

trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote in

> On 9/28/2022 3:41 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <XnsAF2074BBBEBA6taustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
>> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote in

>>> Welcome to leftiest ideology.

>>> The definition of "racist" these days is "someone a lefty
>>> doesn't like, so you should be put in a reeducation camp and
>>> tortured until you're not white any more."
>>
>> Heh. Yep.
>

> So per the troll's tortured logic it's only possible for a
> "lefty" to not like white people? How the fuck does that work?

Excellent example of what I'm talking about, yes.

(And it works . . . insanely. Like everything lefties do.)

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: "Stranger Things" Star Caleb McLaughlin Says Some Fans Of The Show Are Racist

<20220930-150933.573.0@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2700&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2700

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,alt.non.racism
From: hidefr...@nospamhush.com (Idlehands)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 11:09:33 -0400
 by: Idlehands - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:09 UTC

In article <th1d2b$biim$15@dont-email.me>, weberm@polaris.net wrote:

>"Some people told me, like, 'Oh, I didn't wanna be in line because you were
>mean to Eleven,'" he added, noting Millie Bobby Brown's character on the
>series. "Even now, some people don't follow me or don't support me because
>I'm black."

Sorry kid. (1) Your character wasn't/isn't appealing (2) Your acting skills
aren't appealing (3) Your race-baiting and cry-bullying are unappealing
NEXT!