There are more things in heaven and earth than any place else.

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

SubjectAuthor
* Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTNorbert K
`* Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTNorbert K
 `* Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTEmma Smulders
  +* Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTNorbert K
  |`* Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTEmma Smulders
  | `* Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTNorbert K
  |  `- Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTEmma Smulders
  `* Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTNorbert K
   +* Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTEmma Smulders
   |+- Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTNorbert K
   |`* Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTNorbert K
   | `* Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTEmma Smulders
   |  `- Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTNorbert K
   `- Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYTRJKe...@yahoo.com

1
Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<05f864e7-7ecb-4a5c-bbe3-3091030ad666n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2601&group=rec.music.beatles#2601

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 05:50:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 13:50 UTC

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/08/us/08bcjames.html

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<3f31175d-43a0-4b98-b426-78c81492c33dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2602&group=rec.music.beatles#2602

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 05:58:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 13:58 UTC

On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:50:24 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/08/us/08bcjames.html

An extremely interesting article on the Lennons' friendship with the Hong family of San Mateo.

The story is not "previously unreported," however; it was also told by Albert Goldman.

Also, the Lennon's turned to Chinese herbalist Dr. Hong for his help in getting them off methadone. They were introduced to that drug by an unsavory character named Dan Richter. You can see Richter in the "Above Us Only Sky" documentary, praising Yoko and her art. He has become another of Yoko's "assistants" a la Elliot Mintz.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<66a7a757-7461-4c86-9dea-dee16e496627n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2610&group=rec.music.beatles#2610

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 03:47:34 -0800 (PST)
From: emma.smu...@gmail.com (Emma Smulders)
 by: Emma Smulders - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 11:47 UTC

Op woensdag 5 januari 2022 om 14:59:00 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:
> On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:50:24 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> > https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/08/us/08bcjames.html
>
> An extremely interesting article on the Lennons' friendship with the Hong family of San Mateo.
>
> The story is not "previously unreported," however; it was also told by Albert Goldman.
>
> Also, the Lennon's turned to Chinese herbalist Dr. Hong for his help in getting them off methadone. They were introduced to that drug by an unsavory character named Dan Richter. You can see Richter in the "Above Us Only Sky" documentary, praising Yoko and her art. He has become another of Yoko's "assistants" a la Elliot Mintz.

Ah yes, Dan Richter. He was also the one who wanted to film the meeting between John and the homeless looking guy at Tittenhurst Park. Apparently, John objected, because he didn't want to exploit the fellow. He gave in eventually.

Richter goes out of his way in the Above Us Only Sky film to point out that Yoko wrote Imagine. "I love John, but these are her words" is what he says when reading some parts of Grapefruit.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<716dbe5b-fc47-4d1d-bec0-29c43d429f9en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2612&group=rec.music.beatles#2612

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 05:59:20 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 13:59 UTC

On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 6:47:35 AM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> Op woensdag 5 januari 2022 om 14:59:00 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:
> > On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:50:24 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> > > https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/08/us/08bcjames.html
> >
> > An extremely interesting article on the Lennons' friendship with the Hong family of San Mateo.
> >
> > The story is not "previously unreported," however; it was also told by Albert Goldman.
> >
> > Also, the Lennon's turned to Chinese herbalist Dr. Hong for his help in getting them off methadone. They were introduced to that drug by an unsavory character named Dan Richter. You can see Richter in the "Above Us Only Sky" documentary, praising Yoko and her art. He has become another of Yoko's "assistants" a la Elliot Mintz.
> Ah yes, Dan Richter. He was also the one who wanted to film the meeting between John and the homeless looking guy at Tittenhurst Park. Apparently, John objected, because he didn't want to exploit the fellow. He gave in eventually.
>
> Richter goes out of his way in the Above Us Only Sky film to point out that Yoko wrote Imagine. "I love John, but these are her words" is what he says when reading some parts of Grapefruit.

"Imagine the clouds dripping. Dig a hole in your garden to put them in."

Yeah, that's clearly the basis of Lennon's "Imagine."

What a shameless lackey Richter is.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<ef44b570-5fd2-453f-a7c0-57aacea7ac51n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2613&group=rec.music.beatles#2613

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 06:10:42 -0800 (PST)
From: emma.smu...@gmail.com (Emma Smulders)
 by: Emma Smulders - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 14:10 UTC

Op donderdag 6 januari 2022 om 14:59:22 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:
> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 6:47:35 AM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> > >
> > > An extremely interesting article on the Lennons' friendship with the Hong family of San Mateo.
> > >
> > > The story is not "previously unreported," however; it was also told by Albert Goldman.
> > >
> > > Also, the Lennon's turned to Chinese herbalist Dr. Hong for his help in getting them off methadone. They were introduced to that drug by an unsavory character named Dan Richter. You can see Richter in the "Above Us Only Sky" documentary, praising Yoko and her art. He has become another of Yoko's "assistants" a la Elliot Mintz.
> > Ah yes, Dan Richter. He was also the one who wanted to film the meeting between John and the homeless looking guy at Tittenhurst Park. Apparently, John objected, because he didn't want to exploit the fellow. He gave in eventually.
> >
> > Richter goes out of his way in the Above Us Only Sky film to point out that Yoko wrote Imagine. "I love John, but these are her words" is what he says when reading some parts of Grapefruit.
> "Imagine the clouds dripping. Dig a hole in your garden to put them in."
>
> Yeah, that's clearly the basis of Lennon's "Imagine."
>
> What a shameless lackey Richter is.

Found the full quote in the meantime:

"I love John, but those were her words, she was speaking through him... I don't think the world got that quite yet. But, all of this language that you see from the time they got together forward, is Yoko's language. She taught him this language." - Dan Richter, 2017

There is so much wrong with this. John had been writing dreamy songs, song about peace and love, etc. long before he met Yoko. Yes he got into writing political stuff around the time he met her, but I got the impression he had wanted to that for a while, but was held back by Brian and the general image of the band. Imagine is supporting a lot of ideas from other John songs around that time, but no one is claiming that she wrote "Working Class Hero." And John using the phrase "imagine all the people " and "imagine... it's easy....." go back to '65 and '63 respectively.

Was he motivated and inspired by her? Sure. But "these were her words...." pffft.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<4aad5156-54cb-482f-8ad9-1b069383e2edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2620&group=rec.music.beatles#2620

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 04:14:07 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:14 UTC

On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 9:10:44 AM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> Op donderdag 6 januari 2022 om 14:59:22 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:

> > > Ah yes, Dan Richter. He was also the one who wanted to film the meeting between John and the homeless looking guy at Tittenhurst Park. Apparently, John objected, because he didn't want to exploit the fellow. He gave in eventually.
> > >
> > > Richter goes out of his way in the Above Us Only Sky film to point out that Yoko wrote Imagine. "I love John, but these are her words" is what he says when reading some parts of Grapefruit.
> > "Imagine the clouds dripping. Dig a hole in your garden to put them in."
> >
> > Yeah, that's clearly the basis of Lennon's "Imagine."
> >
> > What a shameless lackey Richter is.
> Found the full quote in the meantime:
>
> "I love John, but those were her words, she was speaking through him... I don't think the world got that quite yet. But, all of this language that you see from the time they got together forward, is Yoko's language. She taught him this language." - Dan Richter, 2017
>
> There is so much wrong with this. John had been writing dreamy songs, song about peace and love, etc. long before he met Yoko. Yes he got into writing political stuff around the time he met her, but I got the impression he had wanted to that for a while, but was held back by Brian and the general image of the band. Imagine is supporting a lot of ideas from other John songs around that time, but no one is claiming that she wrote "Working Class Hero." And John using the phrase "imagine all the people " and "imagine... it's easy....." go back to '65 and '63 respectively.
>
> Was he motivated and inspired by her? Sure. But "these were her words...." pffft.

Yep. Yoko is simply greedy for credit for the achievements of others. She has a long pattern of it -- and of finding people who will abet this behavior (Mintz, Richter, Gruen, Sean Lennon, and most unfortunately, JL himself).

There's Yoko's supposed co-writing of "Imagine," her claims to being the original punk rocker, her purported invention of concept art, and so on. There's a Village Voice interview Ono gave during her separation from Lennon in the mid-70s in which she claimed responsibility for the Beatles.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<fcdbf170-c7fa-484b-a371-a801e03d5450n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2623&group=rec.music.beatles#2623

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 07:38:27 -0800 (PST)
From: emma.smu...@gmail.com (Emma Smulders)
 by: Emma Smulders - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 15:38 UTC

Op vrijdag 7 januari 2022 om 13:14:09 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:
> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 9:10:44 AM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:

> > > "Imagine the clouds dripping. Dig a hole in your garden to put them in."
> > >
> > > Yeah, that's clearly the basis of Lennon's "Imagine."
> > >
> > > What a shameless lackey Richter is.
> > Found the full quote in the meantime:
> >
> > "I love John, but those were her words, she was speaking through him... I don't think the world got that quite yet. But, all of this language that you see from the time they got together forward, is Yoko's language. She taught him this language." - Dan Richter, 2017
> >
> > There is so much wrong with this. John had been writing dreamy songs, song about peace and love, etc. long before he met Yoko. Yes he got into writing political stuff around the time he met her, but I got the impression he had wanted to that for a while, but was held back by Brian and the general image of the band. Imagine is supporting a lot of ideas from other John songs around that time, but no one is claiming that she wrote "Working Class Hero." And John using the phrase "imagine all the people " and "imagine... it's easy....." go back to '65 and '63 respectively.
> >
> > Was he motivated and inspired by her? Sure. But "these were her words....." pffft.
> Yep. Yoko is simply greedy for credit for the achievements of others. She has a long pattern of it -- and of finding people who will abet this behavior (Mintz, Richter, Gruen, Sean Lennon, and most unfortunately, JL himself).
>
> There's Yoko's supposed co-writing of "Imagine," her claims to being the original punk rocker, her purported invention of concept art, and so on. There's a Village Voice interview Ono gave during her separation from Lennon in the mid-70s in which she claimed responsibility for the Beatles.

Ahahaha what?! Would you be able to find that quote back?

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<8b28ab81-5967-4be5-abf7-1124a4c58966n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2684&group=rec.music.beatles#2684

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 07:11:05 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:11 UTC

On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 6:47:35 AM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> Op woensdag 5 januari 2022 om 14:59:00 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:
> > On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 8:50:24 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> > > https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/08/us/08bcjames.html
> >
> > An extremely interesting article on the Lennons' friendship with the Hong family of San Mateo.
> >
> > The story is not "previously unreported," however; it was also told by Albert Goldman.
> >
> > Also, the Lennon's turned to Chinese herbalist Dr. Hong for his help in getting them off methadone. They were introduced to that drug by an unsavory character named Dan Richter. You can see Richter in the "Above Us Only Sky" documentary, praising Yoko and her art. He has become another of Yoko's "assistants" a la Elliot Mintz.
> Ah yes, Dan Richter. He was also the one who wanted to film the meeting between John and the homeless looking guy at Tittenhurst Park. Apparently, John objected, because he didn't want to exploit the fellow. He gave in eventually.

I just learned that a documentary is being made about that homeless guy, whose name was or is Curt Claudio. Why? Just because he met John Lennon? He was clearly -- whether through mental illness or excess drug use -- not all there, imagining a la Manson that there were messages specifically for him in the Beatles' songs.

I could think of dozens of more documentary-worthy people who came into Lennon's orbit. A hell of an interesting documentary could be done on Sam Green, for example. Or guitarist David Spinozza, who worked for each solo Beatle and with whom Yoko developed a romantic obsession in the '73 - '74 period.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<4d88e0ce-6939-4f6c-997b-73daa0d08ed6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2686&group=rec.music.beatles#2686

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 10:33:45 -0800 (PST)
From: emma.smu...@gmail.com (Emma Smulders)
 by: Emma Smulders - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 18:33 UTC

Op maandag 17 januari 2022 om 16:11:08 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:
> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 6:47:35 AM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> > >
> > > An extremely interesting article on the Lennons' friendship with the Hong family of San Mateo.
> > >
> > > The story is not "previously unreported," however; it was also told by Albert Goldman.
> > >
> > > Also, the Lennon's turned to Chinese herbalist Dr. Hong for his help in getting them off methadone. They were introduced to that drug by an unsavory character named Dan Richter. You can see Richter in the "Above Us Only Sky" documentary, praising Yoko and her art. He has become another of Yoko's "assistants" a la Elliot Mintz.
> > Ah yes, Dan Richter. He was also the one who wanted to film the meeting between John and the homeless looking guy at Tittenhurst Park. Apparently, John objected, because he didn't want to exploit the fellow. He gave in eventually.
> >
> I just learned that a documentary is being made about that homeless guy, whose name was or is Curt Claudio. Why? Just because he met John Lennon? He was clearly -- whether through mental illness or excess drug use -- not all there, imagining a la Manson that there were messages specifically for him in the Beatles' songs.
>
> I could think of dozens of more documentary-worthy people who came into Lennon's orbit. A hell of an interesting documentary could be done on Sam Green, for example. Or guitarist David Spinozza, who worked for each solo Beatle and with whom Yoko developed a romantic obsession in the '73 - '74 period.

Yeah, I think people are just "WHO is that guy?!" and there you have your documentary.

I've read that Spinozza did not enjoy working on RAM. I didn't know he also worked with G&R.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<d5700d64-c7ec-4849-af87-dc6762d61069n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2687&group=rec.music.beatles#2687

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 10:46:03 -0800 (PST)
From: RJKel...@yahoo.com (RJKe...@yahoo.com)
 by: RJKe...@yahoo.com - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 18:46 UTC

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 10:11:08 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 6:47:35 AM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> > >
> > > An extremely interesting article on the Lennons' friendship with the Hong family of San Mateo.
> > >
> > > The story is not "previously unreported," however; it was also told by Albert Goldman.
> > >
> > > Also, the Lennon's turned to Chinese herbalist Dr. Hong for his help in getting them off methadone. They were introduced to that drug by an unsavory character named Dan Richter. You can see Richter in the "Above Us Only Sky" documentary, praising Yoko and her art. He has become another of Yoko's "assistants" a la Elliot Mintz.
> > Ah yes, Dan Richter. He was also the one who wanted to film the meeting between John and the homeless looking guy at Tittenhurst Park. Apparently, John objected, because he didn't want to exploit the fellow. He gave in eventually.
> >
> I just learned that a documentary is being made about that homeless guy, whose name was or is Curt Claudio. Why? Just because he met John Lennon? He was clearly -- whether through mental illness or excess drug use -- not all there, imagining a la Manson that there were messages specifically for him in the Beatles' songs.
>
> I could think of dozens of more documentary-worthy people who came into Lennon's orbit. A hell of an interesting documentary could be done on Sam Green, for example. Or guitarist David Spinozza, who worked for each solo Beatle and with whom Yoko developed a romantic obsession in the '73 - '74 period.

The funny thing is, that guy spent all that time & money going to England and stalking John to talk to him about one of PAUL'S songs. Ouch.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<215664f2-27dd-4c68-9849-49da268bd8a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2688&group=rec.music.beatles#2688

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:11:45 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:11 UTC

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 1:33:46 PM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> Op maandag 17 januari 2022 om 16:11:08 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:

> > > Ah yes, Dan Richter. He was also the one who wanted to film the meeting between John and the homeless looking guy at Tittenhurst Park. Apparently, John objected, because he didn't want to exploit the fellow. He gave in eventually.
> > >
> > I just learned that a documentary is being made about that homeless guy, whose name was or is Curt Claudio. Why? Just because he met John Lennon? He was clearly -- whether through mental illness or excess drug use -- not all there, imagining a la Manson that there were messages specifically for him in the Beatles' songs.
> >
> > I could think of dozens of more documentary-worthy people who came into Lennon's orbit. A hell of an interesting documentary could be done on Sam Green, for example. Or guitarist David Spinozza, who worked for each solo Beatle and with whom Yoko developed a romantic obsession in the '73 - '74 period.
> Yeah, I think people are just "WHO is that guy?!" and there you have your documentary.
>
> I've read that Spinozza did not enjoy working on RAM. I didn't know he also worked with G&R.

Right, Spinozza was pretty harsh in recounting his experiences with the McCartneys, and he quit the Ram sessions halfway through. He also turned down an offer from McCartney to join Wings. If the rumors of McCartney's frugal pay to his Wings bandmates are true, Spinozza made the right move. He was very much in demand as a studio player and producer in the 70s.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<54b40fda-2ba2-459a-af0a-ac7b61cd623fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2690&group=rec.music.beatles#2690

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:43:44 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:43 UTC

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 1:33:46 PM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> Op maandag 17 januari 2022 om 16:11:08 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:

> > > Ah yes, Dan Richter. He was also the one who wanted to film the meeting between John and the homeless looking guy at Tittenhurst Park. Apparently, John objected, because he didn't want to exploit the fellow. He gave in eventually.
> > >
> > I just learned that a documentary is being made about that homeless guy, whose name was or is Curt Claudio. Why? Just because he met John Lennon? He was clearly -- whether through mental illness or excess drug use -- not all there, imagining a la Manson that there were messages specifically for him in the Beatles' songs.
> >
> > I could think of dozens of more documentary-worthy people who came into Lennon's orbit. A hell of an interesting documentary could be done on Sam Green, for example. Or guitarist David Spinozza, who worked for each solo Beatle and with whom Yoko developed a romantic obsession in the '73 - '74 period.
> Yeah, I think people are just "WHO is that guy?!" and there you have your documentary.
>
> I've read that Spinozza did not enjoy working on RAM. I didn't know he also worked with G&R.

BTW, a Google search led me to some articles about Claudio. It turns out that he developed an obsession with the Beatles in the late 60s -- and with LSD. According to Claudio's brother, Curt would "eat acid like candy" (sound familiar?). At one point, he became convinced that he was Jesus (that sounds familiar, too).

Even though Claudio met Lennon and Lennon spoke to him and fed him, Claudio emerged from the encounter disappointed with Lennon because Lennon didn't live up to his expectations. He came to regard Lennon as a phony.

In the late 80s, Claudio bought a small make-it-yourself airplane, which he crashed (and died in) while highly intoxicated.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<defcb178-28b7-4568-9924-f0dbefdb2376n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2691&group=rec.music.beatles#2691

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:54:48 -0800 (PST)
From: emma.smu...@gmail.com (Emma Smulders)
 by: Emma Smulders - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:54 UTC

> BTW, a Google search led me to some articles about Claudio. It turns out that he developed an obsession with the Beatles in the late 60s -- and with LSD. According to Claudio's brother, Curt would "eat acid like candy" (sound familiar?). At one point, he became convinced that he was Jesus (that sounds familiar, too).

I understand why people make such a fuzz about John's Jesus freak-out in '68, but SO MANY people who have been high have had such type of grand delusions. Obviously, people think it means John had a problem, but we already knew that anyway.

> Even though Claudio met Lennon and Lennon spoke to him and fed him, Claudio emerged from the encounter disappointed with Lennon because Lennon didn't live up to his expectations.

That sounds familiar as well.

> He came to regard Lennon as a phony.

that sounds even more familiar.

> In the late 80s, Claudio bought a small make-it-yourself airplane, which he crashed (and died in) while highly intoxicated.

That reminds me of another John, Denver.

Re: Family Opened Door to John and Yoko -- NYT

<793d6fe6-0db2-49f0-8b9e-21479eb7b80fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2692&group=rec.music.beatles#2692

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 13:17:10 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 21:17 UTC

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 3:54:50 PM UTC-5, Emma Smulders wrote:
> > BTW, a Google search led me to some articles about Claudio. It turns out that he developed an obsession with the Beatles in the late 60s -- and with LSD. According to Claudio's brother, Curt would "eat acid like candy" (sound familiar?). At one point, he became convinced that he was Jesus (that sounds familiar, too).
> I understand why people make such a fuzz about John's Jesus freak-out in '68, but SO MANY people who have been high have had such type of grand delusions. Obviously, people think it means John had a problem, but we already knew that anyway.
> >
> > Even though Claudio met Lennon and Lennon spoke to him and fed him, Claudio emerged from the encounter disappointed with Lennon because Lennon didn't live up to his expectations.
> That sounds familiar as well.
> > He came to regard Lennon as a phony.
> that sounds even more familiar.
> >
> > In the late 80s, Claudio bought a small make-it-yourself airplane, which he crashed (and died in) while highly intoxicated.
> That reminds me of another John, Denver.

Ha! Or JFK Jr.